Help? Strep, Clostridium, And Low Beneficial Flora

Zpol

I have uploaded pics of my analysis. I have various gut ailments, 24/7/365 constipation is the biggest issue. Interestingly, I've had acute pancreatitis and severe gallbladder issues which i have resolved with diet/lifestyle changes, but the chronic constipation remains.
Basically...
  • low in beneficial bacteria,
  • not enough beneficial bacteria in relation to Clostridium spp. (and so if not treated, could end up with C. Diff. overgrowth infection symptoms)
  • high in streptococcus,
  • poor digestion/absorption
  • pancreatic insufficiency
  • High IgA (upregulated immune response)
  • low SCFA's, including Butyrate
  • on the bright side; no parasites, yeast, giardia, or crypto, no severe inflammation and no occult blood

My ND wants me to:
start with:
- 3 probiotic strains; acidophilus, Bifido, and Howru probiotics ... Dr. Peat does not recommend probiotics; what should I take instead (need to balance out the Clostridium!)???
- Poteolytic enzymes ... seems appropriate
- an herbal blend of Aloe, Deglycyrrhizinated Licorice, and Glutamine ... I doubt these are really needed?!?
- Ultra Potent Vit. C by Metagengics or Perque Potent C guard ... According to Dr. Peat and his sources, Vit. C is highly allergenic and turns into a pro-oxidant in high doses

* I already take Cascara Bark (aged) *

Then he wants me on herbal antimicrobials: Biocidin by Bio Botanical Research, Grapefruit Seed extract from Tonic Sea, and Lauricidin, and Bacteria Cleanse by Tonic Sea.
Does anyone know of better ones?

Is this protocol useful?
I know this is a lot to ask. I am hoping someone out there can help!

Attachments

• IMG_20170706_223245010.jpg
    IMG_20170706_223245010.jpg
    328.7 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20170706_225145446.jpg
    IMG_20170706_225145446.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20170706_225247507.jpg
    IMG_20170706_225247507.jpg
    234 KB · Views: 20

Rivka

I have uploaded pics of my analysis. I have various gut ailments, 24/7/365 constipation is the biggest issue. Interestingly, I've had acute pancreatitis and severe gallbladder issues which i have resolved with diet/lifestyle changes, but the chronic constipation remains.
Basically...
  • not enough beneficial bacteria in relation to Clostridium spp. (and so if not treated, could end up with C. Diff. overgrowth infection symptoms)
  • high in streptococcus,
  • on the bright side; no parasites, yeast, giardia, or crypto, no severe inflammation and no occult blood

My ND wants me to:
start with:
- 3 probiotic strains; acidophilus, Bifido, and Howru probiotics ... Dr. Peat does not recommend probiotics; what should I take instead (need to balance out the Clostridium!)???
- an herbal blend of Aloe, Deglycyrrhizinated Licorice, and Glutamine ... I doubt these are really needed?!?
- Ultra Potent Vit. C by Metagengics or Perque Potent C guard ... According to Dr. Peat and his sources, Vit. C is highly allergenic and turns into a pro-oxidant in high doses

Then he wants me on herbal antimicrobials: Biocidin by Bio Botanical Research, Grapefruit Seed extract from Tonic Sea, and Lauricidin, and Bacteria Cleanse by Tonic Sea.

Is this protocol useful?
Did you have much luck on this protocol?

Nighteyes

Just thought I would recommend Artichokes if you havent tried Them. Eating whole Artichoke hearts has greatly helped me stimulate Bile/gallbladder and thus relieve constipation. They are also anti microbial and quite tasty

OP
Zpol

Zpol

Did you have much luck on this protocol?
I did not go through with his protocol. I have developed my own protocol based on the findings of his diagnostics.
• I am taking Energin in divided doses throughout the day
• I'm working on upping my nutrient dense foods and have eliminated lectins and starches. I just got my B12 and folic acid retested and I am in range! not even taking supplements for those two.
• I am taking proteolytic enzymes as he recommended but that's it.
• I'm taking Cyruta Plus and Ascorbyl palmitate for Vit. C and capillary health, and Uncle Matts's OJ.
• I'm drinking herbal tea infusions for minerals and bile flow, was doing nettle but developed headaches so now I'm going to try Dandelion.
• Started taking Amino Pro for BCAA's till I can tolerate more quantity of food (this should help get my glutathione up), also switched from bovine collegen hydrolysate to marine (has more glycine and is easier on digestion).
• I'm taking 3 drops of Oxidal for electron transport and RBC, got my RBC retested and it's in range now!
• I've added Calitrol along with the Estroban and Kuinone I take transdermally.
• Just started taking Colostrum to get my inflammatory markers down and hopefully will heal my gut walls.
• I will then start with creatine to get my cells hydrated and conducting electricity more efficiently.
• Then I will add in a succinic acid supp since my doc said I have broken chain in this process (I don't remember all the details on that).
• Then I will start with a schedule of Artemisisin to take care of the viral and bacterial infections, then turpentine if that doesn't work.
• Then I will add in some bacteriophages to keep it all in balance.
• Also I'm about to get my mineral status tested to see if i need to adjust for deficiencies/imbalances.
• Continuing with my T4T3 protocol, still taking Zyrtec unfortunately,
• Just replaced all my cookware to tempered lead-free glass and magnetized stainless steel, eliminated all foods out of cans.
• Switched to Bulletproof coffee (virtually free of mold)
• Getting a air purifier installed in my home and working on building up the grading to keep moisture out (to prevent mold spores)
• Working on getting a red light protocol down.
• Minimizing EMF's where possible.

Just thought I would recommend Artichokes if you havent tried Them. Eating whole Artichoke hearts has greatly helped me stimulate Bile/gallbladder and thus relieve constipation. They are also anti microbial and quite tasty
I do like them but don't have a lot of time to make them. The jarred ones all have citric acid which I think is an allergen for me. I think I've seen them sold as a supplement. I'll have to look. Thanks!

Nicole W.

Basically...
  • high in streptococcus,

My ND wants me to:
start with:

Is this protocol useful?

Nicole W.

I have used both the Metagenics Glutagenics ( DGL, aloe, L-glutamine) and Lauricidin for gut issues. In my case, the suspected cause was a viral problem, so not exactly what you are dealing with. My naturopath recommended the Glutagenics because it’s her go-to for gut issues. It is certainly a fav among Naturopaths, I’ve worked with a few others and they are all in favor of this combination to sooth and quickly heal the digestive track. If you go on Amazon there’s lots of glowing reviews for Glutagenics and similar. However, I didn’t find much improvement with this product myself and the the l-glutamine makes me nervous in high doses as the jury is still out on whether it’s a safe isolate. Even Dr. Mercola, who isn’t exactly the best authority, warns of the danger of long term glutamine use. So that was enough for me. I discontinued after a few weeks. As far as the Lauricidin ( monolaurin) is concerned, that was a winner. Again, I am not in favor of using anything long term but I have definitely found it to be a useful supplement for digestive issues. Additionally, its amazing for anything from the stomach flu to mild food poisoning. I have side stepped the consequences of these more than once if I take a dose at the onset of symptoms. It’s pretty amazing stuff IMO.

OP
Zpol

Zpol

Thanks @Nicole W. Yes, I've tried the DGL, aloe, L-glutamine protocol already too, many years ago. I had been considering it again because I thought maybe I just didn't take enough or for long enough, or need to do the right diet along with it, etc. Lol... If Mercola even thinks glutamine is bad, then it definitely can't be good! I mean, i think he's like the king of snake oil. Like you, I've referenced many sources of info on the topic of glutamine and found that it's risk outweighs any possible benefit. I wish natural health practitioners would stop recommending this protocol already. I think the results are equivocal at best but they don't really have anything else to prescribe.
My issue is, at least in part, viral. I've been on the fence about Lauricidin for years. I understand the concept of how monolaurin works and all, but I never personally knew someone that used it successfully, till now that is! Glad you found it so beneficial. Would you mind telling me if it's imperative that you take it on an empty stomach?

Nicole W.

Thanks @Nicole W. Yes, I've tried the DGL, aloe, L-glutamine protocol already too, many years ago. I had been considering it again because I thought maybe I just didn't take enough or for long enough, or need to do the right diet along with it, etc. Lol... If Mercola even thinks glutamine is bad, then it definitely can't be good! I mean, i think he's like the king of snake oil. Like you, I've referenced many sources of info on the topic of glutamine and found that it's risk outweighs any possible benefit. I wish natural health practitioners would stop recommending this protocol already. I think the results are equivocal at best but they don't really have anything else to prescribe.
My issue is, at least in part, viral. I've been on the fence about Lauricidin for years. I understand the concept of how monolaurin works and all, but I never personally knew someone that used it successfully, till now that is! Glad you found it so beneficial. Would you mind telling me if it's imperative that you take it on an empty stomach?
I don’t think you would have a problem taking it on an empty stomach, but I wouldn’t start out this way if you’ve never used it before. I’m sensitive to everything so I live by the motto, LOW and SLOW. I cautiously started out with 4 pellets taken with food, which would be pretty comical for most people but I just find that adjusting to something over a longer period while titrating up incrementally works better for me. This is another reason why I prefer Lauricidin over other monolaurin products that come in capsule form. The pellets allows a custom dose. The one thing you want to avoid doing is taking the pellets with hot liquids because the stuff does not taste good. They will melt in your mouth and not in a good way! Taking the supplement with cool water or juice is recommended.

I used Lauricidin in conjunction with Stamets Host Defense (My Community) mushroom complex which I also recommend and a supplement called ViraCon by Vital Nutrients. I used these three together 3 times a day for a month and felt a lot better. I have not been really well for about 6 years, but 2 years ago I was really sick, infections over and over again and CFS type symptoms. Along with that came digestive issues... I was a mess. I tried a lot of things unsuccessfully before my Naturopath started to suspect a viral issue. Within a week of taking these supplements I began to feel a lot better.

The Lauricidin is an interesting supplement, as of late I take on an as needed basis, not everyday. It seems to be really good when you feel an adverse event coming on, like a cold, the flu, upset tummy, food poisoning etc... On the website, it does say that the supplement does not disturb beneficial bacteria and you can take it along side a probiotic if you want. What it does seem to do is eliminate the pathogens. Unfortunately, there doesn’t seem to be that much scientific data on Lauricidin, and I’ve often wondered if that’s intentional. That being said, the FDA does designate monolaurin as GRAS, so I wouldn’t worry too much about side effects. I hope this helps. Feel better.

OP
Zpol

Zpol

I don’t think you would have a problem taking it on an empty stomach, but I wouldn’t start out this way if you’ve never used it before. I’m sensitive to everything so I live by the motto, LOW and SLOW. I cautiously started out with 4 pellets taken with food, which would be pretty comical for most people but I just find that adjusting to something over a longer period while titrating up incrementally works better for me. This is another reason why I prefer Lauricidin over other monolaurin products that come in capsule form. The pellets allows a custom dose. The one thing you want to avoid doing is taking the pellets with hot liquids because the stuff does not taste good. They will melt in your mouth and not in a good way! Taking the supplement with cool water or juice is recommended.

I used Lauricidin in conjunction with Stamets Host Defense (My Community) mushroom complex which I also recommend and a supplement called ViraCon by Vital Nutrients. I used these three together 3 times a day for a month and felt a lot better. I have not been really well for about 6 years, but 2 years ago I was really sick, infections over and over again and CFS type symptoms. Along with that came digestive issues... I was a mess. I tried a lot of things unsuccessfully before my Naturopath started to suspect a viral issue. Within a week of taking these supplements I began to feel a lot better.

The Lauricidin is an interesting supplement, as of late I take on an as needed basis, not everyday. It seems to be really good when you feel an adverse event coming on, like a cold, the flu, upset tummy, food poisoning etc... On the website, it does say that the supplement does not disturb beneficial bacteria and you can take it along side a probiotic if you want. What it does seem to do is eliminate the pathogens. Unfortunately, there doesn’t seem to be that much scientific data on Lauricidin, and I’ve often wondered if that’s intentional. That being said, the FDA does designate monolaurin as GRAS, so I wouldn’t worry too much about side effects. I hope this helps. Feel better.

Thank you @Nicole W. ! This is very helpful. I asked about the 'on an empty stomach' thing because I basically never have an 'empty stomach', and all the herbal or supplemental protocols for eliminating pathogens that I've found say to take the product on an empty stomach (so to avoid the compounds getting destroyed by stomach acid). I have hypoglycemia so I'm always eating, plus I've got gastroparesis. So, if I understand correctly, you take the Lauricidin with food and still found it helped to clear the infection; did you take the other ones you mentioned with food too?

Nicole W.

Thank you @Nicole W. ! This is very helpful. I asked about the 'on an empty stomach' thing because I basically never have an 'empty stomach', and all the herbal or supplemental protocols for eliminating pathogens that I've found say to take the product on an empty stomach (so to avoid the compounds getting destroyed by stomach acid). I have hypoglycemia so I'm always eating, plus I've got gastroparesis. So, if I understand correctly, you take the Lauricidin with food and still found it helped to clear the infection; did you take the other ones you mentioned with food too?
Yes, that is true, you can take it with food and I always take it with either food or a glass of juice. I have read reports of people (stupidly) taking an entire scoop (which is 30 pellets) for the first dose and had major no-fun die off reactions. Basically, they didn’t read the directions and they paid for it. The die off reactions correspond to how viral you are so, to be safe, start with lower amounts and see how you feel. If you feel like you’re getting the flu: headache, body aches, sudden fever,diarrhea etc.. I would dial it back or even take a day off and try again with a lower amount. Once your body adjusts to it or as your viral load goes down theoretically, it doesn’t seem like larger amounts have that effect. As far as the other supplements go, the mushrooms you can take anytime with food or without. The only caveat with those is that they can be stimulating so I would take them early in the day. They don’t interact with anything and the dude who developed them, the Stamets guy, is apparently the world authority on medicinal mushrooms. He has a website if you’re interested. The ViraCon: so as I said before I’m very sensitive and this product seems very potent to me. The herbs in Viracon mean business. The berberine is most worrisome for me so short term I’m ok with it but I would never take it long term. The other ingredient that has been discussed a little on this forum is Licorice. Licorice is the darling of the naturopathic community: it’s a very potent anti-viral and it does have some pretty amazing affects on the body, but in the long term it’s super estrogenic. So for me, short term use seemed like the best strategy. Together, these products are a triple threat against viruses and honestly, after trying so many things, I finally started to feel better with products. That being said, I think Lauricidin and ViraCon are pretty safe to use for up to 3 months. The mushrooms I think you could use indefinitely. Hope this helps. Don’t hesitate to ask if you have any further questions.

OP
Zpol

Zpol

Thank you @Nicole W. ! I really appreciate you sharing your comments and experience. I was feeling discouraged and hopeless after reading about all these protocols that need to be taken 'on an empty stomach'. Knowing that you have had success while taking these supp's with food is huge for me. Plus, I too am sensitive to many things so it's always a gamble to start something new. I see what you mean about the Lauricidin; reading the amazon reviews, looks like people started off with way too much. I got some yesterday and started with 4 pellets with meals and so far so good (I'll up it slowly over the next few weeks)! Next I'll add in the mushrooms. I'll check out the Stamets guy's website first. I've already read lots of good stuff on this forum about them. Eating them in foods makes me a bit bloated (they are high FODMAP) but hopefully I can tolerate a supplement or tea form.
The ViraCon looks pretty intense. I'll start that one last. It's seems all the major anti-pathogen herbal supplements have some negative effect, estrogen raising being the most common from the ones I've read about. I think the risk is worth it for the benefit. Short term treatment seems the most sensible, I agree. Thanks!

Edit: I just looked up the ingredients in Host Defense - My Community; it contains a lot of rice starch which I am intolerant to, so I found another brand called MycoIMMUNE™ - All-Season Immunity. There's not as many glowing reviews on this one as there is with the Host Defense, but hopefully it will work just as well.

Last edited:
OP
Zpol

Zpol

just eat oatmeal if you tolerate it best cheapiest probiotic in my opinion
I didn't know oatmeal was considered a probiotic. I can't eat it due to the starch and oats are iffy for me since I have celiac and it's can be cross-reactive. But good to know it's beneficial in some way; I frequently make it for my boyfriend.

MrThyroid

I didn't know oatmeal was considered a probiotic. I can't eat it due to the starch and oats are iffy for me since I have celiac and it's can be cross-reactive. But good to know it's beneficial in some way; I frequently make it for my boyfriend.
its so good believe me it helped me best with my gut issues one week only oatmeal is so ok because it promotes bacteria to produce butyrat

I'd be careful with oatmeal, it is high tryptophan.

Xylitol in high doses more than anything else has made significant lasting improvements on my gut health. Worth looking in to.

Here is my xylitol protocol: SIBO And Intestinal Infection

OP
Zpol

Zpol

Xylitol in high doses more than anything else has made significant lasting improvements on my gut health. Worth looking in to.

Xylitol?? I thought that because it is a sugar alcohol (a polyol specifically) it would worsen an existing case or potentially cause a case of SIBO. I typically feel pretty bloated after eating sugar alcohols. Although, I do chew Xylitol gum as recommended by my dentist without a problem.

Yes, Xylitol. It breaks up biofilm and produces a rapid die-off of gram negative bacteria - it rapidly shifts the balance over in favor of the beneficial gram positive bacteria. If a large herx is something you would like to avoid then you could simply ramp up slowly over the course of a couple weeks. Testing out a teaspoon at first would likely not be hard to handle.

OP
Zpol

Zpol

Yes, Xylitol. It breaks up biofilm and produces a rapid die-off of gram negative bacteria - it rapidly shifts the balance over in favor of the beneficial gram positive bacteria. If a large herx is something you would like to avoid then you could simply ramp up slowly over the course of a couple weeks. Testing out a teaspoon at first would likely not be hard to handle.
I just perused the publication you had linked to in the other thread. It's interesting for sure... I'd think this would be bigger news! I've yet to speak to a single person who's had success with any of the current standard protocols.

Not bigger news likely because there is very little money to be made in xylitol, and also because most people are not going to be convinced that the herx is a good thing. All the profit is in the probiotic subscription based health model. Most probiotics cost like $30 for a month supply and require continual use with little to no lasting improvement, they do not distribute very deep in to the gut or unsettle the biofilms, they are a band-aid at best. Flushing your gut with xylitol takes just one day and costs $1 and shows lasting improvement for several months after. There already exists a multitude of beneficial flora in the gut, xylitol frees up space for them to thrive again.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom