Probiotics Revisited From Gut-Expert Ray Medina

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

I have my dog on low-dose tetracycline and a bit of AC. He didn't want to chase the geese or his frisbee and his tendency toward nastiness had roared back. It took about 3 days to sort him out, but that combo did the trick.
For yourself, are you concerned about the chelation of iron via tetracycline? For me, I can't play around with them, at least until I "normalize" my iron levels.
My iron's in the middle of the range. I'm concerned that it's getting higher, actually. I don't take tetracycline except very infrequently, and if you mean serum ferritin, hypothyroidism and particularly high estrogen can cause maximal retention of iron, while either depressing serum ferritin, which can lead to hypoxia, or it can elevate serum ferritin to dangerous levels, which exaggerates lipid peroxidative processes.

Regina

My iron's in the middle of the range. I'm concerned that it's getting higher, actually. I don't take tetracycline except very infrequently, and if you mean serum ferritin, hypothyroidism and particularly high estrogen can cause maximal retention of iron, while either depressing serum ferritin, which can lead to hypoxia, or it can elevate serum ferritin to dangerous levels, which exaggerates lipid peroxidative processes.
I guess I created a kind of hypoxia condition. My lungs, though, feel much much better after daily use of lisuride and cypro before bed. I guess.
I'm really not sure what exactly led to the derangement and misunderstandings and how it all complexed with iron.

RatRancher

I have suffered from digestive issues for what seems all my life.
At a young age I had an ulcer-16 years old.....that actually eased up after a one time dose of THC.

But as we know ulcers are caused by h. Pylori(mostly?)
While we may have candida or bad gut microbes keep in mind that all of the probiotic supplements somehow have to survive the stomach acid environment, then pass thru the small intestine without causing SIBO- the small intestine is supposed to be relatively sterile,,and finally park in the colon....it just doesn't seem possible to me. What everything you are doing may be doing is causing h pylori to hide in the stomach,which gives relief to your symptoms.
Yesterday I started an h pylori protocol,d limonene on an empty stomach,and my gut problems eased up almost immediately. The puffiness in my face went down substantially. I got peppermint oil and oregano oil today and they get added to the mix. In a few days my order of zinc Carnosine and mastic gum arrive. I will be adding a little coconut oil to the protocol.

In short, I suspect that many gut issues and the events that are related to them could be h pylori related. The mental effects of this--

"Brain-gut axis in the pathogenesis of Helicobacter pylori infection. Author information: ... In digestive tissue, H. pylori can alter signaling in the brain-gut axis by mast cells, the main brain-gut axis effector, as H. pylori infection is associated with decreased mast cell infiltration in the digestive tract.
Brain-gut axis in the pathogenesis of Helicobacter pylori infection. - PubMed - NCBI

beachbum

How did the DE experiment go?
Hi Tomisonbottom,

First I want to say I forgot what DE is. On that note I just want to say I don't follow ray peat anymore since finding Dr Jack Kruse. I have improved ALOT. I don't take any more supplements as well as my progesterone cream I stopped as well. So I can't help answer your question.

EIRE24

Hi Tomisonbottom,

First I want to say I forgot what DE is. On that note I just want to say I don't follow ray peat anymore since finding Dr Jack Kruse. I have improved ALOT. I don't take any more supplements as well as my progesterone cream I stopped as well. So I can't help answer your question.
So what changes have you made since finding Jack Kruse?

JDreamer

So about a month ago I started introducing probiotics into my cat's diet after I read about the enteric dialysis it can provide for those with kidney disease. I give him half a capsule, which included Acidophilus and Bifidus. Since I didn't want to waste the other half of the capsule, I started ingesting the rest.

Wouldn't you know - the bloating in my lower abdomen has been reduced significantly. Not only that, but I've also been able to shed stubborn lower ab fat too. Both have been major problems for me darn near 10+ years. I don't claim to know why/how it's working, but it is. There was a time back around 2007 that I was on a large dose of antibiotics for two straight weeks and to this day I still think it destroyed the natural balance.

Owen B

Just a thought. Be counter-intuitive. Don't obsess on the bacteria issue. Maybe use non-antimicrobial, low dose doxycycline. It's action is systemic and extra-cellular.

But my caution flag is up now for Amoxycillin.

golder

Apologies in advnace if it's a stupid question, but I've just had some Biosporin arrive. It appears that there's a small amount of compressed brown powder in a seperated compartment in the top of the ampule, in addition to the sweet liquid in the bottle. I've gone through 7+ Google pages and I can't find any info on it anywhere. I've never seen anything packaged in this way and I'm not sure why it's not already mixed, but I'm assuming you supposed to pour this compressed powder into the liquid and vigorously shake it?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals