B. Coagulans decreases endotoxin , liver fibrosis and serotonin

rei

Did not do well with phages either.
Take a megadose of vitamin c to the amount you have complete diarrhea. Often nothing else is ever needed to cure most (GI) issues. This is like 15-25 grams dissolved in water consumed over few hours. Since intestinal health is so closely linked to general health, this also cures many minor ailments like colds.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Take a megadose of vitamin c to the amount you have complete diarrhea. Often nothing else is ever needed to cure most (GI) issues. This is like 15-25 grams dissolved in water consumed over few hours. Since intestinal health is so closely linked to general health, this also cures many minor ailments like colds.
I've tried that for a while, it does help, but I would have to do it continuously to maintian those effects .

rei

That is the cure, it does not guarantee careless living there after. If it keeps happening even when you don't do something specific like taking wrong probiotics, you have an issue in your lifestyle, probably in what you eat.

A diverse zero seed and probably also zero starch diet should be good to restore a good balance. Little greens, but much and diverse fruit,berries, and some nuts. The more fresh things you eat the more diverse microbiota you ingest. This is probably true also with fresh (raw) meat. The exception is if you decide to consume any significant amount of greens, they should be cooked to reduce antinutrients.

Last edited:
OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Update :
Its definitely detoxing something I had 4 days off ,now im back two work and I feel semi-functional.
It feels a lot like when I take nystatin, that's why I think it might be a fungal detox .

I'll cut back to half a capsule and see how it goes ... I need to be functional fornmy job , although I did feel alright this afternoon ,but I woke up with dark circles this morning .

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Update :
Doing way better on a third capsule per day.
Also supplement with Vitamin B2! F. Prausnitzii eats up riboflavin.
I noticed today I had similar symptoms to when I took big doses of B1 and B6 ,which resulted in a B2 deficiency a few years ago. Mainly I feel it in the eyes. I got blood shot eyes that feel like I've been staring at a computer screen for 12 hours. I also noticed yesterday how bad my vision is .
Another b2 defi symptom that I got,is dry skin . I noticed that a few days ago already ,especially the lips .
Fortunelty I got all kinds of b2 supplements so I'll try some.

"We show that F. prausnitzii can use riboflavin as a mediator for extracellular electron transfer (EET) to the anode of microbial fuel cell systems. However, this bacterium relies on exogenous riboflavin, since it does not secrete this compound as shown by the analysis of a spent growth medium using cyclic voltammetry (CV)."

Perry Staltic

From your link
Faecalibacterium prausnitzii is one of the most abundant commensal microbes in the human gut. It is an important supplier of butyrate to the colonic epithelium, and low numbers of faecalibacteria have been associated with severe inflammatory bowel disease.

From another link
Butyrate is the main fuel for the cells that line the gut, known as “colonocytes”, providing up to 90% of their energetic requirements. In other words, butyrate helps these cells fulfil their functions correctly, thus maintaining the integrity of the gut lining, called “mucosa”. In fact, “several studies have linked impaired butyrate metabolism with mucosal damage and inflammation in patients with inflammatory bowel diseases including ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease”.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Update:
Doing way better today . Less detox and no more weird eye symptoms . B2 might be important to take a long side B. Coagulans, especially if you dont supplement any b vitamins, like me.
I took about 50mg regular b2 and 5mg r5P.

Bart1

Update:
Doing way better today . Less detox and no more weird eye symptoms . B2 might be important to take a long side B. Coagulans, especially if you dont supplement any b vitamins, like me.
I took about 50mg regular b2 and 5mg r5P.
Interesting, I seem to remember haidut once saying that riboflavin is helpful for eye floaters...

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Interesting, I seem to remember haidut once saying that riboflavin is helpful for eye floaters...
Yeah for me it's very much related . I even noticed I could read the Notes less well when I was playing the guitar.

Last edited:
I was taking a number of antibiotics over a few months including amoxicillin, doxycycline, azithromycin, and one of the other classes that are supposedly good against intractable infections, and as a result I got better —my gut is better and I don’t have constipation anymore. I no longer have to take any cascara.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

I was taking a number of antibiotics over a few months including amoxicillin, doxycycline, azithromycin, and one of the other classes that are supposedly good against intractable infections, and as a result I got better —my gut is better and I don’t have constipation anymore. I no longer have to take any cascara.
Okay , did you take b. Coagulans during that time?

Okay , did you take b. Coagulans during that time?

no. Only S Boulardii a few times when I got diarrhea. But now it’s fantastic. Regular. Well formed. No cascara needed after years of constipation. And I’ve been better for a few months with no sign of backsliding.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

no. Only S Boulardii a few times when I got diarrhea. But now it’s fantastic. Regular. Well formed. No cascara needed after years of constipation. And I’ve been better for a few months with no sign of backsliding.
Oh okay just thought it was related to the thread, but still good to know .
I've been especially interested in azithromycin as I've tried all the other ones , but it seems pretty expensive for long term usage .

Oh okay just thought it was related to the thread, but still good to know .
I've been especially interested in azithromycin as I've tried all the other ones , but it seems pretty expensive for long term usage .

yes, I am pretty well set and I am not going to take any chances on destroying what’s going on now by taking some probiotic.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

yes, I am pretty well set and I am not going to take any chances on destroying what’s going on now by taking some probiotic.
Then I'm wondering why you're posting in this thread :D

qwazy

@Mauritio Keep us updated how it goes with the probiotic. I am always interested in powerful ones. So far the only one I know that appears worth something is Mutaflor.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

@Mauritio Keep us updated how it goes with the probiotic. I am always interested in powerful ones. So far the only one I know that appears worth something is Mutaflor.
Mutaflor also did something for me, not sure what, but it constantly gave me low blood sugar symptoms...

Update : I eyeball 1/3 or 1/4 of a capsule everyday. I'll keep it like that for a week . I get lots of bloating from it but overall this and other detox symptoms are manageable. I try to keep things regular to help the detox a little and consume lots of salt and fluid .
I feel like b. Coagulans helps my hormones and liver.

bistecca

Grace Liu wrote a few articles about some of these beneficial microbes many years back.. Prausnitzii was one of those mentioned for its association with good stuff like insulin sensitivity.. If i recall she mentioned that the form of resistant starch found in wet-cooked starches, RS3 IIRC, preferentially fed many of these microbes.. Raw starches and the other resistant starches promoted pathogenic varieties. I would never advocate a probiotic.. except maybe gardening or eating close to the earth. I was fishing for trout today and kept a nice brown trout... Gutted it and ate the liver raw on the spot.. you could see the orange oils leaking from the liver as i rinsed it off in the river.. I've been super warm all afternoon.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

"B coagulans LBSC was safe for human consumption and efficacious in alleviating overall pathophysiological symptoms of IBS and thereby improving inclusive quality of life evaluated."
(Efficacy and safety of Bacillus coagulans LBSC in irritable bowel syndrome: A prospective, interventional, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical study [CONSORT Compliant] - PubMed)

In this study B. Coagulans speeds up transit time and increases bowel movement in humans .
(Spore-forming Bacillus coagulans SNZ 1969 improved intestinal motility and constipation perception mediated by microbial alterations in healthy adults with mild intermittent constipation: A randomized controlled trial - PubMed)

This study was in broilers: B. Coagulans increased antioxidants, anti-inflammatory cytokines, healthy fatty acids like butyrate and acetic acid and digestive enzymes like amylase, lipids and xylanase.
It increased butyrate from 0.12 to 12.12 umol/g !
The antibiotic (tetracycline) "only" brought it up to 7.25 umol/g.
It was also found to reduce ammonia and lipid peroxidation.

"The B. coagulans significantly increased catalase, superoxide dismutase, and glutathione peroxidase levels and reduced malondialdehyde levels (P < 0.05). The serum immunoglobulins (IgA, IgM, and IgY) were significantly higher in the BC group when compared to the NCO and ANT groups (P < 0.05). The B. coagulans also markedly reduced serum levels of proinflammatory factors (IL-1β, IL-6, and TNF-α) and enhanced anti-inflammatory factor (IL-10) concentrations compared with control group (P < 0.05). Moreover, compared with the control group, BC significantly inhibited serum xanthine oxidase activity (P < 0.05). The levels of acetic acid, propionic acid, butyrate, isobutyric acid and valerate in BC group were significantly increased on d 42 compared with the NCO and ANT groups (P < 0.05). Furthermore, BC significantly altered cecal microbiota by reducing Desulfovibrio and Parasutterella, and by increasing Alistipes and Odoribacter..."

"In vivo studies indicated that B. coagulans possessed antibacterial, antiviral, and antioxidant activity by regulating cytokines, potentiating phagocytosis, and suppressesing reactive oxygen species (ROS) in human model (Dolin, 2009; Sari et al., 2011)."

"Moreover, B. coagulans promoted growth performance and improved feed utilization rate in broilers by secreting enzyme protease, α-amylase, lipidase and xylanase, and generating vitamins and amino acids (Cavazzoni et al., 1998; Zhou et al., 2010; Wang et al., 2010).

"One-way ANOVA analysis presented that Synergistota, Desulfobacteta, and Proteobacteria were strikingly different in abundance among three groups (P < 0.001, P < 0.01, P < 0.001, respectively), with decreased Synergistota and Proteobacteria abundance and improved Desulfobacteta abundance after BC treatment (Figure 1G)"

"Our findings indicated that BC significantly increased Alistipes and Odoribacter, and decreased Desulfovibrio and Parasutterella. In the paper of Li et al. (2018), Alistipes is a major SCFA producer. Moreover, a present report by Wu et al. (2020), Alistipes displayed good anti-inflammatory effectiveness in human and laboratory animals. Goker et al. (2011) reported that Odoribacter is a known SCFA producer. Sawin et al. (2015) reported that Desulfovibrio metabolize SCFA, which may be the cause of SCFA reduction. The microbiota produces SCFA that can provide maintenance energy (Beckers et al. 2017). "

"We observed a decrease in MDA with added B. coagulans, implying that addition of B. coagulans effectively relieves the lipid peroxidation in chickens"

"In this study, B. coagulans supplementation had a tendency to reduce NH3 in the serum. Adding B. coagulans can relieve oxidative stress, and reduce nitrogen emissions and digestive diseases."
(Effects of Bacillus Coagulans on growth performance, antioxidant capacity, immunity function, and gut health in broilers)

@Perry Staltic