IdeaLabs Service - Mineral Analysis (hair and/or (toe)nail)

haidut

Forum Supporter
EDIT (05/20/2022): We have been receiving many questions about the difference in ranges for hair and nail results. As mentioned in the main post below, nails absorb more nutrients from the body and as such their ranges are often several-fold higher than the ranges for hair (for a specific mineral). While the ranges for hair are fairly well-established and have been collected for decades (e.g. Dr. Wilson's work), the published information for nails is very sparse. That being said, there is some published info on that too, and the study below is where we got many of the ranges for nails from.

EDIT (05/30/2022): As a follow-up and a complement to the mineral analysis, we also launched steroid analysis service in hair/nails.

This is part one of a two-part announcement, with the second part hopefully coming out in the next 3-4 weeks. The first part covers mineral analysis (which many of my followers are already familiar with), while the second one will hopefully cover steroid analysis. The novelty factor here is two-fold. First, in addition to the better-known mineral analysis in hair, we are now pleased to offer such analysis in (toe)nails as well. The advantages of (toe)nail analysis are discussed in more detail below. Second, the analysis of steroids in nail/hair is such a cutting edge area of research that only a handful of experiments/publications exist on the topic. In addition, those experiments/publications overwhelmingly focus either on just one or at most 2-3 (e.g. cortisol, DHEA, testosterone) of the 20+ major steroids known to endocrinology. Based on preliminary experiments, we believe we may be able to perform the analysis of most major steroids typically included as part of an annual endocrine/metabolic panel. Those include pregnenolone (P5), progesterone (P4), DHEA, testosterone (T), DHT, androsterone, estradiol (E2), estrone (E1), estriol (E3), aldosterone, cortisol, cortisone, T3 and T4. Since nail analysis is similar in nature to tissue biopsy, we hope that such steroid analysis in nails (and possibly hair) may be able to offer good insight about the intracellular steroid homeostasis for a given person, which is much more clinically relevant than blood analysis of the same steroids.

I digress, so let me back back on topic - mineral analysis in hair/nails. I would like to emphasize right from the start that while we can perform mineral analysis in both types of samples (hair or nail), we strongly prefer the latter and, more specifically, nails harvested from each of the big toes. Ideally, we need a nail sample from each toe since our experiments demonstrated (slight but non-negligible) differences in the mineral levels between each toe nail sample. Thus, a more accurate picture of mineral whole-body exposure/concentrations is obtained by combining both nail samples into a single pool for analysis (i.e. effectively averaging the values across both samples).

Interestingly enough, despite the existence of multiple studies on the topic, it appears that the advantages of nail (and disadvantages of hair) analysis are virtually unknown among companies operating in this industry. Hair mineral analysis appears to be the "industry standard" despite the well-known drawbacks of using hair for such purposes. Namely, extensive (usually at least once daily!) exposure of hair to detergent chemicals such as soaps/shampoos/conditioners/etc, dust/moisture/wind/sun from the environment, and, perhaps most importantly, the extensive cosmetic procedures to which hair is often subjected in order to change its shape, color, texture, odor, and even growth characteristics. There is also the issue of hair exposure to prescription drugs in the form of topical application of substances for hair-growth such as finasteride, minoxidil, NO donors, steroids, NSAID, etc. In contrast to hair, nails are (for the most part) not subjected to most of these "assaults" or at least not nearly as often as hair. The main issues with nail analysis are the usage of nail polish and nail polish remover liquid. However, due to the thickness of the nail, exposure to such chemicals does not seem to significantly affect the structure of the nail and/or the concentration of minerals inside, which is most certainly not the case with hair. Thus, nails are also less vulnerable than hair to chemical/physical assaults/adulterants, and their analysis is (or should be) the de-facto "scientific standard" for non-invasive, mineral analysis in tissues. When asked about it, Dr. Ray Peat (RP) also expressed the opinion that toenails (and specifically nails from the big toes) offer a more reliable sample for mineral analysis, compared to hair. Please keep in mind that Dr. Peat's quotes below do not constitute him endorsing, approving, advertising, recommending or generally encouraging people to use our (or any other) service for mineral analysis.

"RP:...The hair quickly and firmly absorbs things that it’s exposed to, from the air and water. Copper and calcium are often from the water and plumbing using in washing. Toenails are more representative of body composition. If the hair and nails have an abnormally large amount of calcium, it’s more likely to indicate a dietary deficiency than excess, since when there is a deficiency of calcium in the diet, or vitamin D, the parathyroid hormone increases, causing calcium from the bones to move into the other tissues. A vitamin K deficiency is another cause.""

"Q:...Do you have any opinion on hair mineral testing and analysis? Can it be a useful way to acquire information about mineral status and other things going on in the body, do you think?"

"RP:...Toenails are much better, because they absorb more from the body, less from environmental air and water exposure."

An important disclaimer, which is also listed on the sample hair/nail analysis reports below, is that unlike virtually all other companies offering hair mineral analysis, we DO NOT subscribe to the interpretations (largely based on the ideas of the metabolic types, pioneered by Dr. Wilson) offered by such companies. As far as we are concerned, while the mineral analysis may provide some information as to the overall health state of the individual, it is by no means indicative of a specific metabolic "type", (mal)function of specific organs/tissues/processes, indicative of personality types, mood(s), mental/cognitive disorders, etc. The results may be indicative of dietary deficiencies and/or excess (see above quote from Dr. Peat), but context is everything when making even such basic interpretations. In our opinion, the mineral analysis should always be interpreted in combination with other biomarkers, and always under the supervision of a licensed medical professional who can make qualified decisions on causal relationships between specific values (minerals, steroids, etc) and systemic health (or pathology). For more detailed information, including how to collect/harvest hair/nail samples, please visit the link below.

Mineral Analysis [hair or (toe)nail]

Basically, the mineral analysis service one can order from the link above is broken down into three (3) parts. Each one of those parts can be ordered separately, and also in combination with the rest. The parts are essentially the mineral groups available for analysis - nutritional elements (e.g. calcium, magnesium, sodium, potassium, zinc, iron, etc), toxic elements (e.g. lead, aluminium, cadmium, uranium, arsenic, etc), and miscellaneous elements found in trace amounts in humans (e.g. lithium, nickel, germanium, tin, vanadium, etc). Typically, a person orders all three (3) parts together as the results for an element from one part can support/explain the findings for an element from another part. For example, it is common for people with lead overload/toxicity to have low levels of one/more of the alkaline minerals calcium/sodium/magnesium/potassium as lead can displace those elements inside the cell. Thus, having high lead (a member of the toxic group) levels and low level(s) of one or more of the alkaline minerals (members of the nutritional group) better supports the hypothesis of lead overload/toxicity than only a finding or high lead levels, or only a finding of low level(s) of one/more of the alkaline minerals. That being said, if so desired, a person could also place an order for just the nutritional elements, just the toxic ones, just the miscellaneous ones, or any combination thereof.

Finally, attached are two sample reports of mineral analysis, for both hair and toenails, of an adult male volunteer. Those reports are provided for information purposes only. The exact report(s) delivered to the client may vary, depending on changing technology, processes, published literature, regulatory/legal mandates, preferences, etc.
@Dan W

Attachments

• hair_analysis_sample_report.pdf
    842.9 KB · Views: 171
  • toenail_analysis_sample_report.pdf
    848.7 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Nice! Too freaking cool, haidut. :ss2

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
What is the turnaround time for nail results?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
What is the turnaround time for nail results?

The actual analysis is done in just a few hours. I will ask people ordering from North America (US, Canada, Mexico) to send the samples to me and then the plan is to send them once a week to the lab. Average shipping time within NA is 5-7 days, and the second shipping "hop" to Europe usually takes 3-4 days, and then I'd add a day for the analysis to be done. So, I'd say we are looking at 2 weeks from the day of mailing the samples, hopefully less if DHL lives up to its promises to deliver to Europe in 2-3 days.
For everybody outside North America, it is all about shipping time. I will ask all other clients to mail their samples directly to the lab in Europe, so the turnaround time would be essentially whatever the transit time is for a small letter (not even a package, as the samples are tiny and can be sent as a letter) from the client's location to Eastern Europe.

Last edited:
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Nice! Too freaking cool, haidut. :ss2

Thanks brother!
I am really psyched about the steroid analysis. A great opportunity to directly disprove several fake theories in medicine with that service. For example, if nail analysis of post-menopause women reveal normal or even elevated levels of estradiol, and/or levels of progesterone such that the progesterone/estradiol ratio is <10 then this findings effectively kills any claims that menopause is a condition of "estrogen deficiency". Same with prostate cancer - if we show that androgen levels (and especially DHT) in nail of men with prostate cancer are low then it would become very difficult to maintain the theory that DHT causes prostate cancer. There is some evidence supporting the prostate cancer counter-hypothesis, but a nail analysis (which provides info on long term exposure/levels of steroids, and inside the cell too) confirming what we suspect would be huge.

Last edited:

tastyfood

Congratulations for this launch. I am reading the instructions on the website:

**DO NOT WASH THE NAIL/HAIR SAMPLES BEFORE SENDING**

How about washing the feet before cutting the toenail for the sample? Is it preferred to rinse the feet with some water to remove the sweat and whatever transpires from the socks? Is it ok to use some mild additive-free soap when cutting the toenail for the sample?

Any issues from contamination in the sample from the nail clipper that is used? Is it better to sterilize the nail clipper before cutting the toenail?

For the customer, we just need to mail the sample to IdeaLabs, LLC | 1200 18th Street NW | Suite 700 | Washington, DC 20036, right? It's up to us to choose how we mail it.

Any risk that the toe nail sample gets contaminated while traveling if we simply put it in a ziplog bag like you indicate on the website?

Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Congratulations for this launch. I am reading the instructions on the website:

**DO NOT WASH THE NAIL/HAIR SAMPLES BEFORE SENDING**

How about washing the feet before cutting the toenail for the sample? Is it preferred to rinse the feet with some water to remove the sweat and whatever transpires from the socks? Is it ok to use some mild additive-free soap when cutting the toenail for the sample?

Any issues from contamination in the sample from the nail clipper that is used? Is it better to sterilize the nail clipper before cutting the toenail?

For the customer, we just need to mail the sample to IdeaLabs, LLC | 1200 18th Street NW | Suite 700 | Washington, DC 20036, right? It's up to us to choose how we mail it.

Any risk that the toe nail sample gets contaminated while traveling if we simply put it in a ziplog bag like you indicate on the website?

Thanks a lot!

Yes, you can wash the feet and even the nails while still on the toes. I did not mentioned that in the description as I assumed it is being done anyways, as part of the regular showering routines. What I meant by the statement above is not to wash the samples after being cut, which some people do (some even boil the nails, or clean with acid/acetone!), since they see dirt / small particles / other contaminants on the sample after it has been cut. Those "contaminants" are often not visible when the nail is still attached to the toe and people try to "clean" the sample before sending to us, thinking the "contaminants" will affect the results or the sample will appear "dirty". However, there is no need for such cleaning and, in fact, there is a small chance that cleaning the nail AFTER clipping it affects the concentration of some of the minerals that are present in smaller amounts (e.g. selenium, zinc, lithium, etc). So, regular washing of the feet (e.g. during showering) in the days before clipping the nails is fine, but I'd prefer if there is no further cleaning after the nail has been clipped.
As far as mailing - the ziplock bag should be sufficient. The mailing address you list is correct for orders coming from people from North America. For all others, I will contact them and will provide them with an address to mail their sample directly as there is no need for somebody living in say Australia to send their sample(s) first to us in the US and then for us to send those samples again to the lab (in Europe).

Last edited:

yerrag

This is a great service! Thanks for offering this haidut.

I have benefited a lot just from knowing I have high mercury levels and from undergoing therapy to reduce it. It is a service not readily available unless you go through a naturopath. While having a skilled naturopath is preferable, it is a luxury, and finding one that is skilled is just as hard as finding a good conventional doctor. So this gives us the option of perhaps engaging our own self, or to get a coach online associated with this forum, to do the next steps.

I have a question on the limitation of this service. If suppose the toxic mineral is in the fat tissues, would it be reflected in the nail and tissue analysis? I've been to testing my hair and blood before, and the lead initially turned out to be within limits, but with a provoked challenge test, where the lead was somehow provoked to come out from fat tissues, the results had lead this time reported to be higher than the limits.

I don't know if this really matters though, as fat tissues protect us by holding on to these toxins, and if the toxins stay in the adipose tissues in our lifetime till we die, would it matter to know if these toxic minerals are in the adipose tissues, with the person protected from its effects?

yerrag

Another question- Are the sample test results actual results of a person taken at the same time? There is a disparity in the results. Is it helpful to have both hair and nail analysis, or does this strengthen the idea that it's better to just order the nails analysis, given the reasons given in the OP?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I have a question on the limitation of this service. If suppose the toxic mineral is in the fat tissues, would it be reflected in the nail and tissue analysis? I've been to testing my hair and blood before, and the lead initially turned out to be within limits, but with a provoked challenge test, where the lead was somehow provoked to come out from fat tissues, the results had lead this time reported to be higher than the limits.

There are no guarantees, but we had a person do both the nail and hair analysis and both came back with high lead, despite the nail and hair samples covering different time period (nail shows levels from about 3 months ago, and hair from about 1 month ago). The person also had results with lower alkaline minerals, which is common in lead toxicity cases as lead displaces those metals in tissues, which is another corroboration that the lead toxicity finding is legit. To my knowledge, the person did not have abnormal blood test results for lead in the past when tested, so it really shows that serum/blood levels for specifically toxic elements are not very reliable.
As far as your point about fat tissue - each element preferentially accumulates in different tissues. Lead likes to accumulate in bones, brain and several organs and I suspect blood tests for chronic lead toxicity (i.e. lead already accumulated) are useless unless the person is using chelators, which bring the lead out of "hiding" and then it can register on blood tests. Depending on which toxic element one suspects is a problem, maybe some digging through the literature would be helpful to find out where that element preferentially accumulates. If it is in fatty tissue, it may be a good idea to do a brief run or brisk walk for say 30min to elevate lipolysis a little and then do a blood tests for the suspected toxin, instead of simply showing up in the doctor's office well-fed (low lipolysis) and doing the panel for toxic elements.
I have high hopes for the nail analysis. So far, it seems to work really well and uncover problems with heavy metal toxicities that were unknown to the people we tested as volunteers, despite some of them doing heavy metal blood tests in the past as part of routine annual medical tests. I think we also managed to catch arsenic and rubidium toxicity in a nail analysis, which had never been detected in those people in the past, but there were symptoms suggesting some type of toxicity problem - i.e. a person with VERY high lead on nail analysis has/had persistent extremely sour taste in the mouth, which Peat has mentioned is due to lipid peroxidation and lead is notorious for contributing to PUFA peroxidation in-vivo.
So, it remains to be seen, but the results we have so far seem to confirm that nail is a much more reliable indicator (compared to hair) for both heavy/toxic metals and nutritional/metabolic ones, and can uncover toxicity problems that blood tests usually do not. So far we don't have much data on how well it works in cases of mineral deficiencies, so can't speak to that yet.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Another question- Are the sample test results actual results of a person taken at the same time? There is a disparity in the results. Is it helpful to have both hair and nail analysis, or does this strengthen the idea that it's better to just order the nails analysis, given the reasons given in the OP?

Yes, they are real reports of an adult male as listed at the top of the PDF files, but one is a toenail sample (representing tissue levels ~3 months in the past) analysis and the second one is hair sample analysis (representing levels ~1 month in the past). The person did not have long-enough hair to cover the 3 month mark so some comparisons can be made, but the levels/results across hair/nail will likely not directly match as several published studies on the topic found. Peat also suggested there will be discrepancy due to both hair being more exposed to external "assaults" (washing, sun, chemicals, cosmetic procedures, etc), and also because nail is closer in composition, nutritional requirements and mineral concentrations to actual living tissue such as skin, muscle, bone, etc.

golder

Just got to say this is one of the most innovative and fascinating services that I've ever come across. Thank you for your relentless innovation and quest for knowledge Georgi. I know you won't be able to comment extensively as it is not paired with other biomarkers to build a more comprehensive picture of the organism, but assuming this thread doesn't get overwhelmed, are you able to make a passing judgement on what you would hypothetically do (to yourself) to correct a certain element that's drastically out of range? Phenomenal work!

Last edited:
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Just got to say this is one of the most innovative and fascinating services that I've ever come across. Thank you for your relentless innovation and quest for knowledge Georgi. I know you won't be able to comment extensively, but assuming this thread doesn't get overwhelmed, are you able to make a passing judgement on what you would hypothetically do (to yourself) to correct a certain element that's drastically out of range? Phenomenal work!

Thank you!
Well, I think the mineral testing by itself should be interpreted with caution. As Ray's quotes suggest (and contrary to what ALL the companies offering mineral hair analysis claim) high levels of say calcium in nail would probably suggest dietary calcium deficiency, not excess. So, in such a situation I would increase calcium intake and/or vitamin D/K intake, as Peat suggests. On the other hand, I think low magnesium levels in nail would be pretty good indication of low thyroid function, as magnesium cannot really be retained without sufficient ATP synthesis, and the latter depends on thyroid/metabolism. One could try to increase magnesium intake but without also addressing thyroid the effects of increased magnesium intake would be short-lived. I guess the mineral analysis would be a good method to test for that - i.e. if the person has low magnesium in say nails and despite increasing magnesium intake the levels do not budge, then low thyroid function should probably be strongly suspected. Low potassium levels in nail would also be potentially problematic and may signal things like high cortisol or generally catabolic environment. All in all, it is hard to guess what all the possible problems and their corrections would be. Ideally, the mineral test would be combined with steroid analysis of the same sample, so the picture would be clearer. I mean, if the steroid analysis shows low T3/T4 in nail and then also low magnesium, it is pretty much 100% established that metabolism is low and the person may even need to take thyroid. A simpler situation would be discovering heavy metal toxicity, which many people suspect they have, in which case dietary measures that can displace the toxic metal and/or chelation would be the likely steps a doctor would suggest.

yerrag

A simpler situation would be discovering heavy metal toxicity, which many people suspect they have, in which case dietary measures that can displace the toxic metal and/or chelation would be the likely steps a doctor would suggest.
I find in my experience the removal of heavy metals one of the first steps to improving health.

I underwent removal of all my 11 mercury amalgams, followed by mercury chelation. Funny I started out hoping this would lead to my keloids going away. Twenty plus years have come and gone, and my keloids are still around. But those twenty years have seen my immunity against fevers and flu disappear (well, until late last year at least where I got a fever) when I would have flu once or twice a year prior. My blood sugar regulation also improved, but it didn't become close to optimal until I removed PUFA from my diet (to the best I could) about eight years ago and felt the improvement about 5 years ago.

I think this service would help to identify a cause of our poor health. Identifying a cause, which modern medicine misses with 100% accuracy, is halfway to solving a problem.

yerrag

I have high hopes for the nail analysis. So far, it seems to work really well and uncover problems with heavy metal toxicities that were unknown to the people we tested as volunteers, despite some of them doing heavy metal blood tests in the past as part of routine annual medical tests. I think we also managed to catch arsenic and rubidium toxicity in a nail analysis, which had never been detected in those people in the past, but there were symptoms suggesting some type of toxicity problem - i.e. a person with VERY high lead on nail analysis has/had persistent extremely sour taste in the mouth, which Peat has mentioned is due to lipid peroxidation and lead is notorious for contributing to PUFA peroxidation in-vivo.
So, it remains to be seen, but the results we have so far seem to confirm that nail is a much more reliable indicator (compared to hair) for both heavy/toxic metals and nutritional/metabolic ones, and can uncover toxicity problems that blood tests usually do not. So far we don't have much data on how well it works in cases of mineral deficiencies, so can't speak to that yet.
I'm looking forward to reports of improvements in health from having more useful data from hair mineral and steroid analysis. Good interpretation and application in healing would be the subject of even more threads to learn from in the future.

Mary Lyn

This is part one of a two-part announcement, with the second part hopefully coming out in the next 3-4 weeks. The first part covers mineral analysis (which many of my followers are already familiar with), while the second one will hopefully cover steroid analysis. The novelty factor here is two-fold. First, in addition to the better-known mineral analysis in hair, we are now pleased to offer such analysis in (toe)nails as well. The advantages of (toe)nail analysis are discussed in more detail below. Second, the analysis of steroids in nail/hair is such a cutting edge area of research that only a handful of experiments/publications exist on the topic. In addition, those experiments/publications overwhelmingly focus either on just one or at most 2-3 (e.g. cortisol, DHEA, testosterone) of the 20+ major steroids known to endocrinology. Based on preliminary experiments, we believe we may be able to perform the analysis of most major steroids typically included as part of an annual endocrine/metabolic panel. Those include pregnenolone (P5), progesterone (P4), DHEA, testosterone (T), DHT, androsterone, estradiol (E2), estrone (E1), estriol (E3), aldosterone, cortisol, cortisone, T3 and T4. Since nail analysis is similar in nature to tissue biopsy, we hope that such steroid analysis in nails (and possibly hair) may be able to offer good insight about the intracellular steroid homeostasis for a given person, which is much more clinically relevant than blood analysis of the same steroids.

I digress, so let me back back on topic - mineral analysis in hair/nails. I would like to emphasize right from the start that while we can perform mineral analysis in both types of samples (hair or nail), we strongly prefer the latter and, more specifically, nails harvested from each of the big toes. Ideally, we need a nail sample from each toe since our experiments demonstrated (slight but non-negligible) differences in the mineral levels between each toe nail sample. Thus, a more accurate picture of mineral whole-body exposure/concentrations is obtained by combining both nail samples into a single pool for analysis (i.e. effectively averaging the values across both samples).

Interestingly enough, despite the existence of multiple studies on the topic, it appears that the advantages of nail (and disadvantages of hair) analysis are virtually unknown among companies operating in this industry. Hair mineral analysis appears to be the "industry standard" despite the well-known drawbacks of using hair for such purposes. Namely, extensive (usually at least once daily!) exposure of hair to detergent chemicals such as soaps/shampoos/conditioners/etc, dust/moisture/wind/sun from the environment, and, perhaps most importantly, the extensive cosmetic procedures to which hair is often subjected in order to change its shape, color, texture, odor, and even growth characteristics. There is also the issue of hair exposure to prescription drugs in the form of topical application of substances for hair-growth such as finasteride, minoxidil, NO donors, steroids, NSAID, etc. In contrast to hair, nails are (for the most part) not subjected to most of these "assaults" or at least not nearly as often as hair. The main issues with nail analysis are the usage of nail polish and nail polish remover liquid. However, due to the thickness of the nail, exposure to such chemicals does not seem to significantly affect the structure of the nail and/or the concentration of minerals inside, which is most certainly not the case with hair. Thus, nails are also less vulnerable than hair to chemical/physical assaults/adulterants, and their analysis is (or should be) the de-facto "scientific standard" for non-invasive, mineral analysis in tissues. When asked about it, Dr. Ray Peat (RP) also expressed the opinion that toenails (and specifically nails from the big toes) offer a more reliable sample for mineral analysis, compared to hair. Please keep in mind that Dr. Peat's quotes below do not constitute him endorsing, approving, advertising, recommending or generally encouraging people to use our (or any other) service for mineral analysis.

"RP:...The hair quickly and firmly absorbs things that it’s exposed to, from the air and water. Copper and calcium are often from the water and plumbing using in washing. Toenails are more representative of body composition. If the hair and nails have an abnormally large amount of calcium, it’s more likely to indicate a dietary deficiency than excess, since when there is a deficiency of calcium in the diet, or vitamin D, the parathyroid hormone increases, causing calcium from the bones to move into the other tissues. A vitamin K deficiency is another cause.""

"Q:...Do you have any opinion on hair mineral testing and analysis? Can it be a useful way to acquire information about mineral status and other things going on in the body, do you think?"

"RP:...Toenails are much better, because they absorb more from the body, less from environmental air and water exposure."

An important disclaimer, which is also listed on the sample hair/nail analysis reports below, is that unlike virtually all other companies offering hair mineral analysis, we DO NOT subscribe to the interpretations (largely based on the ideas of the metabolic types, pioneered by Dr. Wilson) offered by such companies. As far as we are concerned, while the mineral analysis may provide some information as to the overall health state of the individual, it is by no means indicative of a specific metabolic "type", (mal)function of specific organs/tissues/processes, indicative of personality types, mood(s), mental/cognitive disorders, etc. The results may be indicative of dietary deficiencies and/or excess (see above quote from Dr. Peat), but context is everything when making even such basic interpretations. In our opinion, the mineral analysis should always be interpreted in combination with other biomarkers, and always under the supervision of a licensed medical professional who can make qualified decisions on causal relationships between specific values (minerals, steroids, etc) and systemic health (or pathology). For more detailed information, including how to collect/harvest hair/nail samples, please visit the link below.

Mineral Analysis [hair or (toe)nail]

Basically, the mineral analysis service one can order from the link above is broken down into three (3) parts. Each one of those parts can be ordered separately, and also in combination with the rest. The parts are essentially the mineral groups available for analysis - nutritional elements (e.g. calcium, magnesium, sodium, potassium, zinc, iron, etc), toxic elements (e.g. lead, aluminium, cadmium, uranium, arsenic, etc), and miscellaneous elements found in trace amounts in humans (e.g. lithium, nickel, germanium, tin, vanadium, etc). Typically, a person orders all three (3) parts together as the results for an element from one part can support/explain the findings for an element from another part. For example, it is common for people with lead overload/toxicity to have low levels of one/more of the alkaline minerals calcium/sodium/magnesium/potassium as lead can displace those elements inside the cell. Thus, having high lead (a member of the toxic group) levels and low level(s) of one or more of the alkaline minerals (members of the nutritional group) better supports the hypothesis of lead overload/toxicity than only a finding or high lead levels, or only a finding of low level(s) of one/more of the alkaline minerals. That being said, if so desired, a person could also place an order for just the nutritional elements, just the toxic ones, just the miscellaneous ones, or any combination thereof.

Finally, attached are two sample reports of mineral analysis, for both hair and toenails, of an adult male volunteer. Those reports are provided for information purposes only. The exact report(s) delivered to the client may vary, depending on changing technology, processes, published literature, regulatory/legal mandates, preferences, etc.

Many thanks for this. Could you give the email address of the lab in Europe please? So we get in touch with them directly?

sunny

What selection has the steroids? Or am I missing them on the 3 selections listed?

golder

This is part one of a two-part announcement, with the second part hopefully coming out in the next 3-4 weeks. The first part covers mineral analysis (which many of my followers are already familiar with), while the second one will hopefully cover steroid analysis.
See above.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Many thanks for this. Could you give the email address of the lab in Europe please? So we get in touch with them directly?

No, there is no direct contact with the lab. When you place an order we look at the address of the person and if it is in Europe we will email the person and give them an address to ship the samples to.