Hair Analysis

iPeat

Hello, Peaters. I had a hair analysis done recently and my results were perplexing. I can't seem to figure out how to interpret the results.

According to the analysis, I had:
Low calcium
Low magnesium
Low B12
High Glutamine

I've been drinking plenty of milk, OJ, and coffee. I eat a moderate amount of meat. I even supplement B12, calcium, and magnesium. Been eating this way for over a year. I don't get it.

The lab didn't give values for the results, just a "Deficient, Normal, and High" designation, so maybe it's a junk test. They did however pick up on allergies I know I have, so that lends some credibility.

The high glutamine scares me. Any help or direction is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

InChristAlone

What lab? Very few labs do the hair analysis properly. They wash it prior to testing.

Nokoni

Hello, Peaters. I had a hair analysis done recently and my results were perplexing. I can't seem to figure out how to interpret the results.

According to the analysis, I had:
Low calcium
Low magnesium
Low B12
High Glutamine

I've been drinking plenty of milk, OJ, and coffee. I eat a moderate amount of meat. I even supplement B12, calcium, and magnesium. Been eating this way for over a year. I don't get it.

The lab didn't give values for the results, just a "Deficient, Normal, and High" designation, so maybe it's a junk test. They did however pick up on allergies I know I have, so that lends some credibility.

The high glutamine scares me. Any help or direction is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
I wonder if skin just generally has less blood flow, and therefore fewer nutrients. After wearing a beard for most of my life it eventually turned gray so I got rid of it. But I had always shaved a bit of my cheeks and my neck to keep it civilized. Now when I go a few days without shaving I notice that the parts I always shaved still have a lot of color and the parts I didn't have very little. So maybe the minor irritation of shaving improved blood flow and therefore those parts have more color. If true, then maybe a bit of somewhat vigorous brushing of your scalp would improve hair nourishment. I've started using a hair brush on my face as an experiment. Maybe in a couple decades I can grow my beard again :):

OP
iPeat

iPeat

What lab? Very few labs do the hair analysis properly. They wash it prior to testing.

Your question pushed me to look into the company further. It seems like there's a good chance that I fell for a scam. It was really cheap and offered to me out of the blue, so I did it. Fool me once...

Sorry for wasting your guys' time.

On the subject though, I've seen some of your other posts, and it seems like you're pretty knowledgeable on lab work. Is there a hair analysis lab company that you would personally recommend?

OP
iPeat

iPeat

I wonder if skin just generally has less blood flow, and therefore fewer nutrients. After wearing a beard for most of my life it eventually turned gray so I got rid of it. But I had always shaved a bit of my cheeks and my neck to keep it civilized. Now when I go a few days without shaving I notice that the parts I always shaved still have a lot of color and the parts I didn't have very little. So maybe the minor irritation of shaving improved blood flow and therefore those parts have more color. If true, then maybe a bit of somewhat vigorous brushing of your scalp would improve hair nourishment. I've started using a hair brush on my face as an experiment. Maybe in a couple decades I can grow my beard again :):

You should check out Danny Roddy's videos on the baldness field (if you haven't already). He sums a lot of information about blood flow up very nicely and puts it together so it makes a lot of sense.

I was more doing the hair analysis looking for measurements of my body's mineral balance and things like that. Not necessarily the health of the hair itself. But on that topic, my hair has never been so healthy since "Peating." I started graying as a teenager. I get a little grayer every year. Since starting a "Peat" diet I have regained some of my color and I even have this small glimmer of hope that I'll regrow some of my receding hairline. I see way more little hairs in that area than I've ever seen before, and it feels different.

I've been through all the dermarolling, kneading, brushing, slathering, etc., etc. Nothing ever helped it at all. Definitely an inside job.

InChristAlone

Your question pushed me to look into the company further. It seems like there's a good chance that I fell for a scam. It was really cheap and offered to me out of the blue, so I did it. Fool me once...

Sorry for wasting your guys' time.

On the subject though, I've seen some of your other posts, and it seems like you're pretty knowledgeable on lab work. Is there a hair analysis lab company that you would personally recommend?
Find someone who can get you a test kit for Trace Elements. I had a friend who was a practitioner for them and she got it for me for cheap.

Nokoni

You should check out Danny Roddy's videos on the baldness field (if you haven't already). He sums a lot of information about blood flow up very nicely and puts it together so it makes a lot of sense.

I was more doing the hair analysis looking for measurements of my body's mineral balance and things like that. Not necessarily the health of the hair itself. But on that topic, my hair has never been so healthy since "Peating." I started graying as a teenager. I get a little grayer every year. Since starting a "Peat" diet I have regained some of my color and I even have this small glimmer of hope that I'll regrow some of my receding hairline. I see way more little hairs in that area than I've ever seen before, and it feels different.

I've been through all the dermarolling, kneading, brushing, slathering, etc., etc. Nothing ever helped it at all. Definitely an inside job.
Oh well. So much for my dream of having a nice beard again. But also on the graying, I actually got some welcome improvement from taking copper. I take 5 mg twice a day, which may be high, but my vanity is higher.

Good to hear that Peating is working for you. Nobody knows everything, but also, nobody knows more about health than Peat.

OP
iPeat

iPeat

Oh well. So much for my dream of having a nice beard again. But also on the graying, I actually got some welcome improvement from taking copper. I take 5 mg twice a day, which may be high, but my vanity is higher.

Good to hear that Peating is working for you. Nobody knows everything, but also, nobody knows more about health than Peat.

I took copper supplements for while also. I believe I read on here that it really needs to be balanced with zinc. If you're taking a lot of copper without a lot of zinc, it was my belief that that was a no no. I think you can tell you're taking too much if you're hair starts getting a reddish tint to it under bright light. That happened to me so I stopped the copper. I took it for about 6 months and never recovered any color. I also didn't notice any further graying either though.

On the beard topic, I grow one for 6 months of the year and my beard is way softer with more color (and grows faster) on the "Peat" diet. Well, most things seem to be better. Some things are worse, but mainly a net positive. I was giving the hair analysis a chance at possibly pointing out a weak spot somewhere in my diet.

Nokoni

I took copper supplements for while also. I believe I read on here that it really needs to be balanced with zinc. If you're taking a lot of copper without a lot of zinc, it was my belief that that was a no no. I think you can tell you're taking too much if you're hair starts getting a reddish tint to it under bright light. That happened to me so I stopped the copper. I took it for about 6 months and never recovered any color. I also didn't notice any further graying either though.

On the beard topic, I grow one for 6 months of the year and my beard is way softer with more color (and grows faster) on the "Peat" diet. Well, most things seem to be better. Some things are worse, but mainly a net positive. I was giving the hair analysis a chance at possibly pointing out a weak spot somewhere in my diet.
Right, I am taking zinc too, along with pretty much everything else. That way if my food contains no micronutrients at all I'm still good. Taking zinc at a different time from the copper is also recommended. Something to do with zinc and copper sharing the same transporter.

My result was that the nearly white hair – on the chin – turned back gray and at least some of the gray – the rest of the beard and at my temples – got dark again. Better than I expected actually. I also got some copper acetate but I haven't done any serious experimentation with it yet.

OP
iPeat

iPeat

I did the same one as Janelle and I was satisfied.

Did you go through a doctor or did they let you do it on your own? I don't see a way of purchasing a test on their site.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Did you go through a doctor or did they let you do it on your own? I don't see a way of purchasing a test on their site.
I did it though elementalhtma.co.uk

Tink

There's a guy, Keith, who did my HTMA, he's on here, so I can ask him to connect or you can go to Mineral Health and message him. he also does HTMA consultations.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals