B. Coagulans decreases endotoxin , liver fibrosis and serotonin

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

-It seems to take about 7 days until the stores of B.coagulans are all excreted .

-b. Coagulans produces bactericin, coagulin and lactosporin all of which are anti-bacterial

- helps with caries, rheumatoid arthritis and influenza

Attachments

• Bacillus_coagulans_Monograph.pdf
    7.7 MB · Views: 26
OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

B. Coagulans shows remarkable restiance to high temperature and low pH :

(Comparative evaluation for thermostability and gastrointestinal survival of probiotic Bacillus coagulans MTCC 5856 - PubMed)

B. Cogualns helps to break down alcohol a lot faster than normal.
(The applications of B. coagulans TCI711 in alcohol elimination - PubMed)

It might increase the concentrations of urea and putrescine
"B. coagulans IDCC 1201’s genome was searched for genes related to the biosynthesis of biogenic amines, such as tryptamine and putrescine and was found to harbors one gene (ESP47_12915) encoding an agmatinase, a catalyst for converting agmatine into putrescine and urea. "
(Genomic-, phenotypic-, and toxicity-based safety assessment and probiotic potency of Bacillus coagulans IDCC 1201 isolated from green malt)

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

I have posted before about how B. Coagulans boosts F. prausnitzii.
Here I found a study showing that F. Prausnitzii remarkably increased the serotonin transporter (SERT).
Increasing SERT will lead to lower serotonergic activity ... a quick forum search shows that low SERT is implicated in PTSD, anxiety and Parkinson's (amongst others).
And even wikipedia states :"changes in serotonin transporter metabolism appear to be associated with many different phenomena, including alcoholism, clinical depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), romantic love,[10] hypertension and generalized social phobia.[11]"

Albeit in vitro ,this study shows that f. Prausnitzii was able to increase 5.7 fold compared to the control group!

"Moreover, the supernatants of A. muciniphila and F. prausnitzii significantly up-regulated the expression of SERT gene in the cell line by 2.4 and 5.7 folds, respectively, compared to the control group (P < 0.001)."
(Effects of Akkermansia muciniphila and Faecalibacterium prausnitzii on serotonin transporter expression in intestinal epithelial cells - PubMed)

Perry Staltic

Update:
Doing way better today . Less detox and no more weird eye symptoms . B2 might be important to take a long side B. Coagulans, especially if you dont supplement any b vitamins, like me.
I took about 50mg regular b2 and 5mg r5P.

Going to start taking B2 and swigging ACV when I take coagulens.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Unfortunately it constipated me. Not immediately, but after a week I started noticing it . But carrots do the same for me ,so dont know if others will have the same experience .

Other than that it was great and I would have liked to keep taking it .

Perry Staltic

Unfortunately it constipated me. Not immediately, but after a week I started noticing it . But carrots do the same for me ,so dont know if others will have the same experience .

Other than that it was great and I would have liked to keep taking it .

You think dates and prunes might help?

Bart1

@Mauritio I'm also trying this one. Today first day, immediately feel super dizzy so it's definitely doing something. About the riboflavin ? Would you say this is temporary a depleting effect? I also saw somewhere that riboflavin actually feeds prausnitzii. Maybe once you have enough of it, it will synthesise riboflavin

Bart1

This has been sort of a game changer for me. I have really bad gut/liver health, muscle wasting even sometimes and this calmed things down quite a bit. It hasn’t completely fixed my leaky gut yet, so about a month in and I’m now at 2 capsules (6B).

Perry Staltic

This has been sort of a game changer for me. I have really bad gut/liver health, muscle wasting even sometimes and this calmed things down quite a bit. It hasn’t completely fixed my leaky gut yet, so about a month in and I’m now at 2 capsules (6B).

That's great news

Bart1

I found it constipating but I will try again. L Reuteri has been fantastic.
The first 2-3 days I experienced increased symptoms of endotoxins, but used the carrot salad to make sure everything kept moving. Btw I also take lactobacillus Rhamnosus GG which is also a fantastic one

I hear good things about Reuteri as well, might throw that in somewhere down the road

Perry Staltic

The first 2-3 days I experienced increased symptoms of endotoxins, but used the carrot salad to make sure everything kept moving. Btw I also take lactobacillus Rhamnosus GG which is also a fantastic one

I hear good things about Reuteri as well, might throw that in somewhere down the road

fyi, Aldi's organic unflavored Greek yogurt has l. rhamnosus if you want another source.

S.Holmes

Did not do well with phages either.
I felt terrible on the phage supplement as well. Do you know if the probiotic you took was shelf stable? I know we need to be careful about bacteria inhabiting the small intestine. I wonder about using histamine degrading probiotics as suppositories, bypassing the small intestine entirely. Has anyone tried this?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I felt terrible on the phage supplement as well. Do you know if the probiotic you took was shelf stable? I know we need to be careful with bacteria inhabiting the small intestine. I wonder about using histamine degrading probiotics as suppositories, bypassing the small intestine entirely. Has anyone tried this?
I have no clue.

S.Holmes

I felt terrible on the phage supplement as well. Do you know if the probiotic you took was shelf stable? I know we need to be careful with bacteria inhabiting the small intestine. I wonder about using histamine degrading probiotics as suppositories, bypassing the small intestine entirely. Has anyone tried this?

I have no clue.
I will only take shelf stable/spore based and preferably histamine degrading probiotics and never eat anything fermented. They seem to help me and often shorten a cold or flu.

moa

I'm still using b. coagulans daily.

it's been 2 months now, i think it's having a rather positive effect long term.

I feel like i don't need as much insoluble fiber as usual, and I'm slowly changing my mind towards pectin and inulin rich foods.

i will even try supplement with some baobab power soon, starting slowly.