Is A Full Stool Analysis Test Worth It?

Momentum

Yeah, I can understand wanting a definitive answer. Honestly, I'm not sure what else would be found with these types of tests and advised for treatment other than antibiotics, anti-fungals, herbs, enzymes, bile salts, and probiotics. It would likely still require dietary tweaks. I'm not sure what you've tried?
Jennifer, did you do Genova's NutrVal? Mine didn't show anything in regards to taking antibiotics. It showed vitamin, mineral, amino acids, fatty acid levels and several other things. It confirmed what my instincts had told me, confirmed some other labs and it showed me some deficiencies I wasn't aware of.

Jennifer

tara

does anyone have an opinion of Stool tests/breath tests here???
I have no experience and insufficient knowledge to have much opinion on the value of specific stool tests.
I haven't read back through your old posts, so you may have already discussed the following elsewhere.

Have you run your diet through cronometer or similar to see if there are any obvious essentials missing or low?

I\ve had some of those symptoms or something like. Brain fog seems to relate to intolerance of specific food (mainly dairy). A nasty eczema-like rash I had resolved with a tiny zinc supplement. I got less gas and bloat when I reduced the amount of whole pulses and whole grains I was eating. When I'm anxious, I suspect it's often related to current or unresolved old life circumstances, or hunger/low blood sugar. First line of defence for me is attend to food needs. It helped to understand that much of what I what I thought knew about that was questionable or inadequate. (Reading Gwyneth Olwyn's site helped with that. I'm middle-aged female, but she says for a 21 yr old male, she says average non-dieting young males average around 3500 cals till they are full-grown at 25ish.) For general fatigue, as well as eating adequate nourishing food on a schedule that suits your body, I'd also consider whether you are getting regular sunlight, and how relaxed (nasal, diaphragmatic) your breathing is. And if none of those help much, I'd consider monitoring body temps and heart rate and see if that gives clues about overall metabolism.

L_C

I've done two comprehensive stool tests through Genova Diagnostics and two hydrogen breath tests and they only told me what I already knew given my symptoms — I had a bacterial overgrowth. I took the prescribed antibiotics and they cleared most of my symptoms (replace the eczema and acne with a facial rash and I had all the same symptoms as you) while I was on them, but my symptoms always returned, and with a vengeance, after the course was over.

The only thing that truly worked was targeting the cause — weak thyroid and adrenal glands — via NDT, herbs, a change in diet and relaxation techniques. Thankfully, my insurance covered the breath tests, but the stool tests cost me $1,000 that could have been put to better use like on a slow juicer (to reduce the fiber in my diet because it can fuel SIBO), quality fruit and animal proteins, and weekly massages and other self-care tools to relax my nervous system.
I am wondering, have you been taking antibiotics since then?

What herbs (or other things) did you find most effective to treat bacterial overgrowth? Thanks.

Jennifer

@L_C, I don’t think I’ve used antibiotics since I made that post, no. Once I eliminated the SIBO, I haven’t needed them. I went into detail on the protocol I did to treat the overgrowth in the link below:

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals