Need Big Help

HLP

The answer to your question Why sugar? It will lower your cortisol levels. Lots of fruit but none with seeds that you can't avoid eating. Seeds get caught up in your digestive system and cause problems. Even some cooked fruits would be nice and easy on your gut. I found Niacinamide helpful but in lower doses of 100 mg, three times a day. Great Lakes gelatin is a good protein source. What is your source of Calcium? I don''t seem much in your diet. Calcium is important to bring about balance to your pH. It sounds like you are way too acidic.

OP
P

peep

How did Niacinamide help you? In what way?

Can Glycine be used instead of gelatin?

I cut back on calcium because of calcification. But I read that RP article about that.

HLP

Niacinamide helped me with relaxation mostly, but Haidut recommends it for many other issues including calcification. Yes, Glycine can be used instead of gelatin but I think both are good since increased protein intake would benefit you. The idea of removing calcium because of calcification is backassward. Definitely add it back to your diet. I'm curious about how well you sleep. Sleep is at the top of the list for me and I protect quality sleep with great seriousness.

OP
P

peep

My Protein intake is at 180g. I think thats Ok. But I consider getting some gelatin too.

My sleep is ok. Cant complain.
I dont like the idea of drinking that much milk.
I guess I need more input on that. I gathered so much knowledge about milk beeing "bad".
Or at least not made for humans...

Huge thanks for your input!

lampofred

Be careful with niacinamide it gives me strong serotonin symptoms

tara

I dont like the idea of drinking that much milk.
I guess I need more input on that. I gathered so much knowledge about milk beeing "bad".
Or at least not made for humans...
My impression is that it depends. If it causes you personally distressing symptoms, then you can try different versions of it, or try to gradually readapt to it, or you can avoid it. But many people do really well with it - if you get no negative symptoms from it, you may be one of them. If milk doesn't agree with you, then it's probably important to incorporate other sources of calcium.

Regarding the antihistamines, I got DAO lab tested and it turned out to be in the upper range. (16/ normal: 10-15. >15 = no HI )
My doc told me that there is nothing to worry about histamine intolerance. But well. Histamine in stool is still pretty far away from normal.
May be worth going easy on the really high histamine foods for a bit (eg a week or so) and seeing if it helps. Eg avoiding fermented foods and making sure to eat meat and other foods pretty fresh.

Personally, I spent a long time eating quite a lot of non-gluten grains, including wheat-free breads. It's not he only change I made, but my digestion is now happier (it was seldom really bad) with more well-cooked spuds and other root veges and less grains. Probably better for mineral balance as well as digestion.
Also, sometimes wheat-free breads have some other ingredients in them that can be specifically rough on the gut - eg gums to bind them in the absence of gluten - eg guar gum is a common one in gluten-free baking, and is know to potentially cause trouble.

Have you read this article of Peat's: The Great Fish Oil Experiment

Maybe you've experimented to find that those fruits you are eating suit you, but if not, you might find that while you are sensitive they can trigger your gut - could be worth experimenting. Cooking them may make them easier - also perhaps worth a try.

Lukas

Cyproheptadine and DeFibron (one of haidut`s supplements) might be helpful.

OP
P

peep

Something I need to add to my problems.

I get hiccups after every meal.
Even when I try to chew and eat slow.

First small burps then hiccups.

Even though I dont think my problems are "food" related,
I might try cutting out complex carbs.

My thoughts are that one big problem is high cortisol and therefore high adrenaline in stressful situations.
But sometimes it happens at home. That doesnt really add up.

OP
P

peep

Im probably going to do another Lab test.
What could be worth testing?

tara

I get hiccups after every meal.
Hiccups are annoying. Have you got a good quick fix for them? I've got one that's never failed for me and seems to often works for others.

OP
P

peep

So right now Im trying to lower estrogen, serotonin, cortisol, histamine, PUFA, NO + fixing my Thyroid.
And increasing Bifidobacteria.

Thats some work to do ... ^^

OP
P

peep

I dont know why but yesterday I had some weird adrenaline-like rush for about 1,5 hours.
It started in the evening and I could no longer sit quietly.
I went working out and was speeding through my exercises.
It could not really control it.

Does this have anything to do with me trying to fix my cortisol / serotonin levels?

OP
P

peep

Im going to do Lab tests again to see if anything changed since last time.

Additionally Im going to test:
-Cortisol
-Progesterone, Aldosterone
-Free T3
-Free T4
-Erstrogen
-Testosterone
-Tsh
-DHEA
-Prolactin
-Serotonin
-Lactic acid
-Adrenaline (maybe)
-cholesterol total

Anything important I should add ?

@gbolduev :angelic:

JoeKool

I've had somewhat similar issues and can say, you're taking or trying too much at once... you've thrown the kitchen sink at a digestion issue , only to complicate... digestion... My experiences and suggestions are as follows

I use a Probiotic... it's a huge helper... one in the morning and a 2nd if I had a large meal or foods I know bother my digestion... NowFoods 8Billion if you want my exact one... this is the biggest thing to help digestion and regularity ... Jamie Lee Curtis can't be wrong :)
Take a fiber supplement that contains psyllium... this has multiple benefits including cleaning yourself out and putting you on a regular schedule... which can ease your anxiety stopping that vicious circle (Nervousness of a bathroom run leads to ... a bathroom run)
Famotidine is third in the list... helps improve glucose retention... 1 a day...

Someone already said lower the D... that's too high plus you would normally need a magnesium supplement alongside... magnesium is known for it's digestive issues so the D may be throwing your numbers off...

If you're protein is really 180, I assume shakes are involved... which typically lack binders like carbs... add a half cup of oatmeal raw to your shake if so... I would cut the shakes out for the time being... the body doesn't store protein, it stores carbs... so it'll pass your protein right thru if it's not needed... I don't know if you're going to the gym but you're probably taking in too much of that...

OP
P

peep

Ive used some Probiotic and changed to Bifido only.

And yes im going to the gym, but lowered Protein to 140-150g /day.
Im trying to take protein only with carbs and avoid to train on empty stomach (OJ, dextro)

I kind of stopped psyllium because of the increase in Serotonin.
Im not taking any D3.

I know that Im trying to fix too much at once. But I just cant see no ending to my problems right now.

So fixing thyroid, gut Serotonin, Cortisol, Adrenaline might look like too much.

OP
P

peep

Update:
I started Thiamine (1day 200mg,2day 500mg+b complex) to increase CO2 production (+ bag breathing)
Lactate vs. CO2 in wounds, sickness, and aging; the other approach to cancer
High-dose Thiamine May Treat Chron's And IBD

and caffeine tablets with food ~100-200mg (idea was to lower stress response)

Full tolerance to stress response of caffeine within 4 days
Caffeine Reverses Stress, Insulin Resistance, Hypertension

First thing I noticed was that breathing through my nose is now pretty easy. I always had problems doing that.
Its like I was breathing through 1 nostril only all my life.

Aaaand my digestion changed somehow. Cant really tell by now but Im going to report back :happy:
I think CO2 is a biggie in Ulcerative Colitis and maybe IBS / mitochondrial problems.

(My pyruvate levels are pretty high -> thiamine helps pyruvate dehydrogenase)
Pyruvate dehydrogenase function depends on thiamine (B1)

(I got some pretty high histamine levels -> maybe Thiamine, histamine, and hypothermia)

Dont want to jinx it, but something is happening- in a good way.

OP
P

peep

I stopped caffeine with food and took only Thiamine 500mg per day. As fast as my problems were gone ,they came back.

Now I added caffeine back on and everything is fine again.

Could anyone tell me why Caffeine with food just completely stopps my IBS symptoms?
(Or anything that increases metabolism i guess) ? Something like hypometabolism maybe ?

Xisca

I don't know!
But I have a tip for hicup and the general nervousness that creates it, essential oil of tarragon. 1 drop in the mouth, or with a bit of olive oil, or put the drop on the back of your hand and lick it. Good taste!