Help? Strep, Clostridium, And Low Beneficial Flora

Sure it will to a degree depending on the cofactors present. Just because the body can synthesize niacin does not mean getting niacin externally is without value, iow justifying starchy tryptophan consumption because of niacin doesn’t make sense to me. Oatmeal gives me a definite feeling of raised serotonin, the effect I get from it feels similar to taking straight tryptophan on an empty stomach.

Last edited:

Nicole W.

Yes, Xylitol. It breaks up biofilm and produces a rapid die-off of gram negative bacteria - it rapidly shifts the balance over in favor of the beneficial gram positive bacteria. If a large herx is something you would like to avoid then you could simply ramp up slowly over the course of a couple weeks. Testing out a teaspoon at first would likely not be hard to handle.
Hi Captain!

I have been having a few digestive issues since trying to treat undiagnosed viral issues with several rounds of antibiotics. Once I figured out the viral infection and treated it appropriately I felt much, much better but still struggled with some gut issues, I suspect from an imbalance in gut bacteria from antibiotic use. First, I started to have reflux symptoms ( which have mostly resolved thankfully), but I’m left with stomach cramping and gas at times. It’s not terrible but I’m burping quite a bit whereas I never did in my life up until this point. This has been going on for about 2 months. Everything else is normal, no stomach upset, nausea or bowel problems so I’m assuming this issue has not progressed to a serious point yet.
When I read your comments about xylitol I decided to try some just to see if there would be an improvement in symptoms. There was!!! Within 20 minutes, gas and cramping were 90% resolved! Yay! Thank you so much for this great suggestion.
Given the low to moderate nature of my gut issues, I’m not sure your xylitol lemonade protocol is necessary and I actually would prefer a kinder, gentler approach. But what would that be, do you think? Just use as needed? Or one smallish daily dose in the morning? Or repeated doses throughout the day? And for how many weeks or months? If you could give me your impressions, guidance or even best guess, lol- it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Nicole, that is really great to hear! In your case I think you would do well to load xylitol for a week or two, and then just incorporate it as needed after. If you are burping a lot, that could be stomach h-pylori, so you may want to try the other variation where you use baking soda with xylitol instead of lemon, this should help more for burping. The routine dosing should end up being effective, it just will take more patience to see results than the one day extreme protocol I laid out before, ... so if you are looking for a gentle solution then consider something as follows:

Gentle Xylitol Gut Rebalance:
To be consumed twice a day, morning and night, at least an hour away from meals, for 5 to 10 days.

8 ounce cold water
xylitol (start with 1 teaspoon and work up to 3 teaspoons over several days *)
1/2 fresh squeezed juice of lemon *+
1 tsp coconut oil (melted)

Optionally add the following (recommended):
3 drops maximum strength grapefruit seed extract
1/2 teaspoon turpentine
1/2 tsp castor oil
Any other antibacterial/viral/fungal you may feel is helpful, e.g. berberine, oil of oregano

* my suggestion would be to start at 1 teaspoon on day one (so 2 teaspoons total for day), then on day three go up to 2 teaspoons (4 total for day), on day 5 go up to 3 teaspoons (6tsp total for day).

*+ if you want this to work on your stomach bacteria instead, use 1 teaspoon of baking soda instead of lemon and sip the drink slowly over the course of 20 minutes

At the end of each night it would be favorable to take a teaspoon or so of activated charcoal.

If all of the above sounds undesirable, you can still reap some benefits by having a coffee with 1 teaspoon of xylitol and 1 teaspoon of coconut oil, a couple times a day.

Important! Do not take xylitol together with other carbs or sugar, I have had some bad reactions from this. I suspect it could potentially break up biofilm, but also feed the gram negative at the same time, so essentially stir things up and feed everything - instead of stirring up and killing off the negatives. I truly think it is best to keep it separate and to treat it more like medicine than as a full on sugar replacement or compliment.

Wishing you success! Please report back!

Last edited:

Nicole W.

Nicole, that is really great to hear! In your case I think you would do well to load xylitol for a week or two, and then just incorporate it as needed after. If you are burping a lot, that could be stomach h-pylori, so you may want to try the other variation where you use baking soda with xylitol instead of lemon, this should help more for burping. The routine dosing should end up being effective, it just will take more patience to see results than the one day extreme protocol I laid out before, ... so if you are looking for a gentle solution then consider something as follows:

Gentle Xylitol Gut Rebalance:
To be consumed twice a day, morning and night, at least an hour away from meals, for 5 to 10 days.

8 ounce cold water
xylitol (start with 1 teaspoon and work up to 3 teaspoons over several days *)
1/2 fresh squeezed juice of lemon *+
1 tsp coconut oil (melted)

Optionally add the following (recommended):
3 drops maximum strength grapefruit seed extract
1/2 teaspoon turpentine
1/2 tsp castor oil
Any other antibacterial/viral/fungal you may feel is helpful, e.g. berberine, oil of oregano

* my suggestion would be to start at 1 teaspoon on day one (so 2 teaspoons total for day), then on day three go up to 2 teaspoons (4 total for day), on day 5 go up to 3 teaspoons (6tsp total for day).

*+ if you want this to work on your stomach bacteria instead, use 1 teaspoon of baking soda instead of lemon and sip the drink slowly over the course of 20 minutes

At the end of each night it would be favorable to take a teaspoon or so of activated charcoal.

If all of the above sounds undesirable, you can still reap some benefits by having a coffee with 1 teaspoon of xylitol and 1 teaspoon of coconut oil, a couple times a day.

Important! Do not take xylitol together with other carbs or sugar, I have had some bad reactions from this. I suspect it could potentially break up biofilm, but also feed the gram negative at the same time, so essentially stir things up and feed everything - instead of stirring up and killing off the negatives. I truly think it is best to keep it separate and to treat it more like medicine than as a full on sugar replacement or compliment.

Wishing you success! Please report back!
Thank you for your suggestions! I might start with the coffee+xylitol+coconut variation and work up to the more intense ones if necessary. I’m thinking of swapping out the coconut oil with Lauricidin. I’ve had the fecal H. Pylori test, it came back negative, but I know that its not necessarily conclusive.

As I mentioned in my earlier posts, I find Lauricidin does help with tummy issues and it’s more pleasant to consume that straight coconut oil. I will let you know how that combo goes! Xylitol and Lauricidin might work well together. Thank you again for your quick reply— in the back of my mind I’ve been concerned that this minor issue could potentially turn into a bigger one so I’m happy to try something that will hopefully reverse the situation early on.

Thank you for your suggestions! I might start with the coffee+xylitol+coconut variation and work up to the more intense ones if necessary. I’m thinking of swapping out the coconut oil with Lauricidin. I’ve had the fecal H. Pylori test, it came back negative, but I know that its not necessarily conclusive.

You are welcome! Lauricidin as alternative to coconut oil would be fine.

Back
Top Bottom