Low Toxin Logs Log - Anti-Vitamin A Diet - Testing out if i have been a Peatard

Vileplume

Thanks for sharing your experiment with the group.

If you don't mind sharing, what was your "Peat diet" like during the 1.5 years you followed it?

P

Peatress

Im not saying Peat is the reason for my potential Vitamin A problems.

I ate liver 3 years prior to starting on the Peat diet.

It is the Anti-vitamin A diet that is anti-Peat, as far as i know.
Thanks for the explanation. Sorry, I misunderstood what “Anti-Peat” means.

OP
D

Daniel North

Forum Supporter
Thanks. Ever tested reverse T3? One can feel really hypo with perfect labs but with high RT3.
I dont know what reverse T3 is. Ive only tested free T3.
The 3,4 drop is at the end of the first time we tried replicating the SuperFitness. I fasted just like before the SuperFitness, but this time i did blood tests every 2-4 days.

Skjermbilde 2023-10-25 kl. 18.46.50.png

Last edited:
OP
D

Daniel North

Forum Supporter
Thanks for sharing your experiment with the group.

If you don't mind sharing, what was your "Peat diet" like during the 1.5 years you followed it?
I followed the Peat diet for 6 months.
Before my trip to Spain it consisted of 0 to 2 liters of OJ a day, 0 to 2 liters of Goat milk a day, some cheese, 1-5 cups of coffee with sugar and gelatin in it, Honey, Coca-cola, a carrot a day, a little meat a day and sometimes a little liver. And magnesium supplements.

Vileplume

I followed the Peat diet for 6 months.
Before my trip to Spain it consisted of 0 to 2 liters of OJ a day, 0 to 2 liters of Goat milk a day, some cheese, 1-5 cups of coffee with sugar and gelatin in it, Honey, Coca-cola, a carrot a day, a little meat a day and sometimes a little liver. And magnesium supplements.
Cool, thank you, and thanks for clarifying

youngsinatra

I dont know what reverse T3 is. Ive only tested free T3.
The 3,4 drop is at the end of the first time we tried replicating the SuperFitness. I fasted just like before the SuperFitness, but this time i did blood tests every 2-4 days.

View attachment 57315
Reverse T3 has 1% metabolic activity of T3, and it binds to the T3 receptor, preventing T3 from binding to it, so it’s essentially a metabolic blocker.

High cortisol, iron deficiency, chronic infections can raise RT3 to conserve the metabolism.

OP
D

Daniel North

Forum Supporter
Small update:

My GFs sight was bad yesterday. Today even worse. The worst it has ever been. She cant read signs 20 m away.
She is very low energy today and thinks she may be getting sick.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Small update:

My GFs sight was bad yesterday. Today even worse. The worst it has ever been. She cant read signs 20 m away.
Could be a detox event. Each detox event brings a level up where you are stronger and more resilient on the other side.

OP
D

Daniel North

Forum Supporter
Update:

27th Oct: So weak today, nauseous sometimes, don't want food, struggled to eat my beef.
28th Oct: Tired in neck muscles, mild headache, suddenly very tired in the evening, and ate sourdough bread for the first time which made me fart all evening.

Our energy levels drop very fast in the evenings. My GF slept 2 hours from 16 to 18 today. And i feel like going to bed around 20-21.
But, it feels sort of like my leg muscles are looser, even though they have no energy. Normally when i eat starch, my muscles become a little tenser.

@charlie Could be. It would seem strange to me that both me and my GF would feel this drained of energy, if we were not in some sort of detox. We are more tired now than what we were in Spain. Edit: I guess it is possible i can react to the oats. I know i dont react to the beef. On the other hand when i react to carbs, my leg and back muscles get tenser , which hasn't happened here.

Also bought a used home sun tanning device. I'm guessing 5 minutes a day is better than 20 minutes once a week?
last ned.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
D

Daniel North

Forum Supporter
Update:
1st Nov: I’ve taken more zinc over the past 1-2 days, and eaten more beef per day. It’s like my skin has become stiffer over these 2 days, and my side is a bit swollen. It is the same symptom as when it was worse in Spain, although it is not as bad now. Maybe the zinc has increased retinol binding protein in my body? Mentally i feel better over the past 2 days.

Finding:
My GF bought a hyaluronic acid liquid 2 days ago, the most expensive facial product she has ever bought and has been using it since then. Yesterday her dark circles under her eyes were much better, and today it is even more improved. I bought an oral hyaluronic supplement that should arrive in a few days. They say there is no difference between oral and transdermal application of hyaluronic acid, so I figure taking it orally and letting the body distribute it itself is best.

Last edited:

Peater

Small update:

There are loads of threads where people report better/clearer vision when taking a serotonin or prolactin antagonist.

GreekDemiGod

I also did an acutane treatment when I was around 20
Case closed. Don't blame liver for your problems.
You did the same mistake as Frank Tufano. You've been a retard, not a peatard.

Low VA diet won't help. All the people that are doing it get stuck in a rut, missing the larger health puzzle.

Last edited:

youngsinatra

Have you always eaten so much red meat? I think that amount is overkill long-term due to the high amount of zinc and iron in that amount of red meat, daily.

Taking extra zinc and selenium on top is unnecessary and potentially harmful.

I‘d eat different kinds of animal products (red meat, poultry, beef heart, dairy, eggs, seafood)

Logan-

Among its other uses in the body, vitamin A is used in hormonal biosynthesis.

If you drink too much water, you die. Drink too little, you also die. “Too much” and “too little” depends on the person’s body.

Dose makes the poison, and the dose is always individual, contextual.

The treatment of vitamin A as an intrinsic poison does not make sense.

TheSir

Case closed. Don't blame liver for your problems.
You did the same mistake as Frank Tufano. You've been a retard, not a peatard.

Low VA diet won't help. All the people that are doing it get stuck in a rut, missing the larger health puzzle.
What is the larger puzzle regarding accutane, if not liver & A accumulation?

LLight

You've been a retard, not a peatard.
I think you meant an accutard. (This is just for the joke Daniel, I don't want to insult you).

An N=1 testimony (not mine):
Finished and 86 hour dry fast which I did with the intention of healing my overly dry skin from being on accutane for 6 months. Its truly amazing how effective this practice is, I have terribly dry skin on my arms and to a lesser extent my entire body from the medication and this single fast seems to have cleared it up a good 40%, will be jumping into another fast in two or so days to help clear the rest up. 3 1/2 days of fasting dry has done more for my skin than 5 multi day water fasts have done in the last month.

I'm not sure if accutane detoxification enzymes are the same than for retinol/retinoids acid but:
Water restriction might increase the expression of retinoic acid metabolism enzymes (Cyp3a4, Cyp2e1, Cyp26b1).

We also have the fact that abscisic acid, a molecule sharing similarities with retinoic acid, seems to be heavily involved during water deficit in plants.

So an hypothesis could be that retinol/fat accumulation might be a preparation for hibernation, a state where water is strictly restricted. Retinol/retinoic acid would be required at this time and might be depleted during it. For example, fructose and PUFA (among other things) could partipate in the regulation of this accumulation.

Thus, fructose and/or water restriction could be helpful to diminish vitamin A stores in case of hypervitaminosis A.

cs3000

Reverse T3 has 1% metabolic activity of T3, and it binds to the T3 receptor, preventing T3 from binding to it, so it’s essentially a metabolic blocker.

High cortisol, iron deficiency, chronic infections can raise RT3 to conserve the metabolism.
thought that at first too , but following is convincing rt3 doesnt block t3
(d3 enzyme is the main hindrance commonly attributed to rt3) , rt3 is more of an indicator of d3 enzyme activity as an effect rather than a cause of less thyroid function,
d3 enzyme gets overactive during illness or caloric deficit, some medications, or maybe certain deficiencies, chronic inflammation Induction of type 3 deiodinase activity in inflammatory cells of mice with chronic local inflammation - PubMed

https://thyroidpatients.ca/2019/11/14/deiodinase-type-3-plays-a-t3-blocking-function/
Basically, the anti-RT3 myths blame the hormone RT3 for the D3 enzyme’s activity. Many thyroid patients have called the problem “RT3 dominance.”
But the truth is, It’s “D3 enzyme dominance"

Long ago, research proved that RT3 lacks an iodine atom at a key position on the molecule. It is handicapped and can’t bind to the nuclear receptors.
As a result, only T3 has the iodine “key” to enter the receptor’s “lock.”

However, RT3 is not entirely inactive as a hormone. This missing key doesn’t inactivate RT3 from binding to an entirely different receptor for thyroid hormones. We now know that T4 and RT3 bind to receptors on the cell membrane, called “integrin” receptors, where they don’t compete with T3 and sometimes don’t do friendly things. But that’s the subject of an entirely different post, the one on Cancer, T4, and RT3.

https://thyroidpatients.ca/2019/11/16/rt3-versus-a-dose-of-anti-thyroid-medication/
Nobody uses Reverse T3 to suppress T3 in Graves’ disease. We don’t see RT3 pills sold on the market. This is because Graves’ disease will naturally have RT3 concentrations that far exceed the reference range to the degree that their FT4 is above reference. They become thyrotoxic anyway.

The highest RT3 levels are found in untreated hyperthyroidism.

- When D3 is working properly, it defends us from hyperthyroidism. It’s an intracellular defense mechanism.
- When D3 is temporarily upregulated in acute illnesses, it temporarily gives us extra intracellular and circulating iodine by removing iodine atoms from T4 and T3 molecules.
- But when D3 enzyme becomes chronically upregulated and the D1 and D2 enzymes become downregulated, it can cause a chronic problem of metabolic imbalance that steals intracellular T3.

While this happens, the imbalanced enzyme activity in cells causes RT3 to build up in blood, as RT3 is created at a faster rate than it is converted to inactive T2.
Essentially, hypothyroid symptoms and higher mortality rates are not caused by RT3 gain, but by chronic intracellular T3 losses.

There is evidence that points to high RT3 as a bad sign.
However, it’s a common logical fallacy to mistake correlation for causation.

These beliefs were proven false long ago in an experiment by Shulkin & Utiger in 1984, titled “Reverse triiodothyronine does not alter pituitary-thyroid function in normal subjects.”

They overdosed people with Reverse T3 until they had not just “high-normal” RT3, but 10-fold the amount of normal RT3 in blood.

What were the results? The healthy people did not become hypothyroid or unhealthy. Even their pituitary gland continued to perform T4-T3 conversion and T3 transport and signaling, because TSH did not rise.

The key was that these were healthy people with healthy thyroids dosed with RT3 whose FT3:FT4 ratios were not abnormal when the experiment started. They were not producing their own endogenous excess RT3 per unit of FT4 due to “nonthyroidal illness syndrome” (NTIS) that dysregulated their metabolism. Their metabolism was not taking apart their T3 at a high rate. Their bodies were capable of continuing to convert T4 to T3 despite excess RT3.

In these visuals, you will see that the net effect of Deiodinase Type 3 is to deplete T3 within the intracellular space, not to “block” the receptors with RT3.
You don’t need an RT3 plug to block the receptor in this scenario.
Neither Reverse T2 nor RT3 have enough affinity to the thyroid hormone receptors in the nucleus to bind with it.

Long ago, research proved that RT3 lacks an iodine atom at a key position on the molecule. It is handicapped and can’t bind to the nuclear receptors.
As a result, only T3 has the iodine “key” to enter the receptor’s “lock.”

However, RT3 is not entirely inactive as a hormone. This missing key doesn’t inactivate RT3 from binding to an entirely different receptor for thyroid hormones. We now know that T4 and RT3 bind to receptors on the cell membrane, called “integrin” receptors, where they don’t compete with T3 and sometimes don’t do friendly things. But that’s the subject of an entirely different post, the one on Cancer, T4, and RT3.
https://thyroidpatients.ca/2019/11/12/visualizing-thyroid-hormone-activity-in-cells/
  • “D2 and D3 are usually not expressed together in the same cell” (Groeneweg, 2017), and this is reflected in Bianco’s image.
These two types of cells have complementary and opposing functions in our thyroid hormone economy.
  • When DIO2 is downregulated in a given local tissue (or throughout the body), DIO3 is upregulated, and vice versa.
Their influence is like a see-saw. When one dominates, the other is suppressed.

In a healthy person with a normal thyroid, D2 and D3 are usually balanced throughout their body, yet are ready to respond and adjust to changes in thyroidal secretion rate, thyroid secretion ratio, and health and environmental conditions.
When the body or a local tissue is attempting to compensate for illness, damage, and/OR excess or low thyroid hormone, the deiodinases will become imbalanced by D3 dominance.

https://thyroidpatients.ca/2019/12/11/what-can-prevent-t3-from-getting-into-thyroid-receptors/
https://thyroidpatients.ca/2020/11/26/reverse-t3-context-health-dosages-thyroid/

Last edited:
OP
D

Daniel North

Forum Supporter
Ive bought a home-suntanning-bed.

My thinking was it can speed up the detox, since sunlight detoxes vitamin A in the skin (if i have understood it correctly). But since i react to too much sun, ill start with maximum 3-5 minutes a day and adjust from there.
IMG_6120.JPG

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals