Lisuride And Metergoline Long-term Experiences

DaveFoster

Lisuride and metergoline have some of the benefits of LSD without its negative cardiac effects.

Some have reported negative effects from the drugs after a period of use, so I'm organizing this thread to compile users who experienced continued benefits from either drug.

Please include:

- Duration of use (as in weeks or months)
- Dosage
- Method of application and solvent used (topical in DMSO, oral etc.)
- Beneficial effects
- Side effects
- Reason for stopping or reason for continuing

I'll start with what I tested on my dog:

Metergoline
- 3 days
- 1/1000th dilution of haidut's Metergoline
- Topical in DMSO
- Elation; mild euphoria; stimulation; increased strength in the gym
- Anxiety; high pulse
- The side effects seemed too much to deal with.

ddjd

I take about 4/5 drops metergoline every couple of weeks. Every time though, after 3 or 4 hours I start feeling really weak and tired and get fever like symptoms almost, I have to get into bed. But after about 3 hours it just goes.
I have no idea why

Luckytype

Lisuride

- Duration of use : a few weeks of about 1 or two days per week use
- Dosage: Usually 100-125mcg AND additional 50 post ejac(im fighting prolactin here). Im not a fapper so its strictly sex with females

- Method of application and solvent used: topical on wrist or back of hand, solvents are the SFA and ethanol. Shaken briefly before use

- Beneficial effects: i havent noticed too much of any effects duringuse, maybe a slight very brief period of getting warmer but could be times with food. I MIGHT be feeling less drained after sex, maybe.

To be honest I expected it to be a noticable feeling. Ive never abused dopamine agonists so I cant really figure out why I have no response

- Side effects: None what so ever

- I bought it and will use it, I will try a 200 mcg topical dose and then try it sublingually af 50mcg and move up.

Cliffs: minimal if any noted effects, will use bloodwork in a couple weeks to a month to begin to assess.

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

I take about 4/5 drops metergoline every couple of weeks. Every time though, after 3 or 4 hours I start feeling really weak and tired and get fever like symptoms almost, I have to get into bed. But after about 3 hours it just goes.
I have no idea why
I had the same fever reaction to trazodone. It may have something to do with histamine antagonism, as muscle weakness occurs often with mirtazapine as well. All drugs heavily antagonize H1 receptors.

Lisuride

- Duration of use : a few weeks of about 1 or two days per week use
- Dosage: Usually 100-125mcg AND additional 50 post ejac(im fighting prolactin here). Im not a fapper so its strictly sex with females

- Method of application and solvent used: topical on wrist or back of hand, solvents are the SFA and ethanol. Shaken briefly before use

- Beneficial effects: i havent noticed too much of any effects duringuse, maybe a slight very brief period of getting warmer but could be times with food. I MIGHT be feeling less drained after sex, maybe.

To be honest I expected it to be a noticable feeling. Ive never abused dopamine agonists so I cant really figure out why I have no response

- Side effects: None what so ever

- I bought it and will use it, I will try a 200 mcg topical dose and then try it sublingually af 50mcg and move up.

Cliffs: minimal if any noted effects, will use bloodwork in a couple weeks to a month to begin to assess.
Thanks for the detail. That's pretty lackluster, but it's good that you haven't experienced any side effects. I can't say the same of metergoline.

I've heard much better experiences for lisuride in general, similar to cyproheptadine versus ritanserin with the former as more tolerable.

Last edited:

Luckytype

I had the same fever reaction to trazodone. It may have something to do with histamine antagonism, as muscle weakness occurs often with mirtazapine as well. All drugs heavily antagonize H1 receptors.

Thanks for the detail. That's pretty lackluster, but it's good that you haven't experienced any side effects. I can't say the same of metergoline.

I've heard much better experiences for lisuride in general, similar to cyproheptadine versus ritanserin with the former as more tolerable.

Oddly i had tried trazadone a few times prescribed for sleep from a doc when i was in my teens dealing with sleep issues. The window of being able to fall asleep was probably 20 minutes. After that, wide awake, and the next day groggy but no real assistance in restful sleeping

To be frank, I definitely expected some "sharpening" or increase in enjoyment from the things I like(music, the ability to concentrate a little better), but maybe I haven't come down enough from PRL to appreciate the increase? Im not sure.

I have also been using cypro .5-1mg ED so there should be a decrease by now. Time and labs will tell

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

Oddly i had tried trazadone a few times prescribed for sleep from a doc when i was in my teens dealing with sleep issues. The window of being able to fall asleep was probably 20 minutes. After that, wide awake, and the next day groggy but no real assistance in restful sleeping

To be frank, I definitely expected some "sharpening" or increase in enjoyment from the things I like(music, the ability to concentrate a little better), but maybe I haven't come down enough from PRL to appreciate the increase? Im not sure.

I have also been using cypro .5-1mg ED so there should be a decrease by now. Time and labs will tell
It metabolizes into m-chlorophenylpiperazine (mCPP), a serotonin agonist.

I'm interested for you to try lisuride Dave and see what occurs. Lisuride has such a less pronounced effect on my mood compared to metergoline. Although metergoline has a more pronounced effect on libido. Metergoline kills my mood, but I like your theme here of only doing 1/100th

ilikecats

@DaveFoster (this is from haiduts lisuride thread)

New
@haidut rat took lisuride daily for 5 months. 50-200mcg, mostly orally as the rat found this most effective. Came off of it 3 weeks ago. Zero withdrawals. Where are my rat’s DAWS naysayers? Rat experienced a very bothersome side effect from lisuride (obviously it’s hard to be 100 percent certain it was the lisuride but rat says he’s 98 percent certain). He started having problems with extreme texture sensitivity that started maybe 1 month in and slowly escalated. Everything started to feel like nails on a chalk board if that makes any sense. But Rat had great results from using it in the short term (say a few days to a week even the first month was good but I wouldn’t recommend taking it for that long.) All this is in line with rays AND haiduts recommendations though. Bothersome symptom is almost completely gone now. In the future I plan to take it only once a week max.

haidut

Forum Supporter

New
@haidut rat took lisuride daily for 5 months. 50-200mcg, mostly orally as the rat found this most effective. Came off of it 3 weeks ago. Zero withdrawals. Where are my rat’s DAWS naysayers? Rat experienced a very bothersome side effect from lisuride (obviously it’s hard to be 100 percent certain it was the lisuride but rat says he’s 98 percent certain). He started having problems with extreme texture sensitivity that started maybe 1 month in and slowly escalated. Everything started to feel like nails on a chalk board if that makes any sense. But Rat had great results from using it in the short term (say a few days to a week even the first month was good but I wouldn’t recommend taking it for that long.) All this is in line with rays AND haiduts recommendations though. Bothersome symptom is almost completely gone now. In the future I plan to take it only once a week max.

Awesome, thanks so much for sharing! Some people who used bromocriptine or pramipexole for long time reported similar sensitivity, so I guess it has to do with dopamine system activation somehow. Good to keep in mind.

KyleKingsly

New

Another positive report with no DAWS, that is indeed great to hear! I wouldn't like to call myself a naysayer but I do know what you mean haha. Just trying to be cautious given that some people of the social anxiety support forum were giving very strong warnings on dopamine agonists after they had terrible, long-lasting DAWS. I do still love this stuff on paper and may well try it sometime soon.

I really like the idea of doing mini-cycles with this stuff, i.e. using it once a week or few days a week like you said and then taking a break the other days. I'm thinking about trying it for maybe on Thursday - Saturday to enhance my social acumen, motivation, and confidence. Then hopefully I could use Sunday to recover from any minor downregulation and be back to normal by Monday. What do y'all think about that idea? Or even just using this stuff on Saturday, if that's wiser, would be fine by me too.

The thing I'm concerned about with that kind of protocol is that many people are discussing an adaptation period to Lisuride where they just feel lethargic and unmotivated, among other side effects. I'm worried that if I tried taking this stuff only a few times a week, I'd get all those unpleasant side effects without any of the good feels.

Can @ilikecats or anyone else discuss your experience with taking this stuff just once or a few times a week, and do y'all think that would be a viable dosing strategy?

Waynish

I know there were people who favored Metergoline - can you share as well? :)

inthedark

Yeah I would also love to read some more about how people are dosing Metergoline. I've been using it for a few weeks and had terrific results mood wise but I'm finding the "tolerance" period to be pretty serious with lethargy and exhaustion any time I try to work up a higher dose. So currently I'm doing 1 drop a day for a week or so then a week off.

I feel like this really destroys the fear-dominant responses -helplessness, fear- that serotonin promotes, and breaks down walls that have stopped me from really reckoning with bad experiences of the past and unsatisfactory aspects of the present. I'm more outspoken and less fearful of criticism, more willing to put myself out their and be emotionally vulnerable and honest, even and especially with myself in my own thoughts. Using higher doses reminds me a bit of using MDMA in that I'm not afraid of my own feelings or emotions or those of others. I could see this being a life changing drug for those struggling with learned helplessness.

That all said, it remaining to be seen what the long term effects will be.

Waynish

Yeah I would also love to read some more about how people are dosing Metergoline. I've been using it for a few weeks and had terrific results mood wise but I'm finding the "tolerance" period to be pretty serious with lethargy and exhaustion any time I try to work up a higher dose. So currently I'm doing 1 drop a day for a week or so then a week off.

I feel like this really destroys the fear-dominant responses -helplessness, fear- that serotonin promotes, and breaks down walls that have stopped me from really reckoning with bad experiences of the past and unsatisfactory aspects of the present. I'm more outspoken and less fearful of criticism, more willing to put myself out their and be emotionally vulnerable and honest, even and especially with myself in my own thoughts. Using higher doses reminds me a bit of using MDMA in that I'm not afraid of my own feelings or emotions or those of others. I could see this being a life changing drug for those struggling with learned helplessness.

That all said, it remaining to be seen what the long term effects will be.

You tried lisuride too?

several rats were given meteroline. Each seemed lethargic and sleepy mostly. So I had to stop the experiment. Probably a few weeks for each rat, a drop or so a day.

Wagner83

I don't know if this is a supplement to be used daily, there was even a study showing a weekly dose had effects, but what do I know about biology. :lol:

inthedark

I don't know if this is a supplement to be used daily, there was even a study showing a weekly dose had effects, but what do I know about biology. :lol:

There was a study showing the effectiveness of a single 8mg dose of Metergoline in treating seasonal affective disorder. I haven't even gotten close to that in a single dose and don't have much inkling to try considering the effects of the smaller dose. My plan is to do one week on/one week off at one drop a day for a bit then probably one week on two weeks off. Then at some point just doing it every couple months or something. Currently just observing the effects and seeing how it goes.

inthedark

Still having a good time on Metergoline. Two drops every morning (usually transdermal now). Anxiety and depression remaining much lessened since before, even in the face of life stress and ambiguity.

I've also noticed now if I take a large dose (for me 4-8 drops) the effects are pleasant and I get a sort of "high" or slight trippiness, more imaginative and dreamy while still feeling interested in the here and now. It's a very interesting and pleasant sensation that reminds me of doing mushrooms or even MDMA (minus the amphetamine rush).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals