Lisuride And Metergoline Long-term Experiences

inthedark

Has anyone experienced any type of DAWS symptoms after discontinuing metergoline?
I haven’t that I know of. I’ve been using metergoline off and on for about 3 years. Usually for periods of a few months then abruptly stopping.

Nemo

I continued taking it twice a week or so (don't remember the dosages) for another year or two, but haven't taken it since in like 2 or 3 years and the effects are still the same. The social anxiety didn't come back...

I haven't seen anyone else have these kinds of ridiculous results though, I changed nothing else so it must have been the lisuride. I am getting more negative thoughts again so I will probably order more and pay attention to the effects more closely.

This reminds me very much of the effects of low-dose LSD. I have a feeling the best way to take Lisuride or Metergoline or 10 mg of Pepcid or any anti-serotonin drug would be the same as the best way to take LSD -- in low doses and sporadically.

With LSD it fast becomes clear that you don't want to take it every day, even when microdosing. You don't feel as well after the third day of taking it every day as you do after a single dose. It's like it starts to give you the problems you're taking it to solve. For example, after three days in a row of microdosing LSD, I got a headache and felt depression and anxiety. I didn't feel that after a single dose.

When I talked to my husband and friends about it who have a lot of experience with LSD, they all asked me why I had taken it three days in a row, like it was obvious that no one should do that ever. They were in the Haight-Ashbury in 1967 and had never used LSD in large or small doses even two days in a row.

And there's no need to take it every day because the positive effects don't wear off.

I'd use a low dose of one of these drugs maybe once or twice a week AT MOST until you notice you've gotten the effect you want and then take it again only when you've had a bad day and feel like you could use a recharge. And give yourself time to notice the positive effects, because if you're doing it right, they're subtle. Just as Mephisto said, you may not even notice what it's done for you until later, when you're in some situation that used to give you trouble and realize you've changed.

CalmAmygdala

Thanks for the replies. Yes, I've used 1-3 mg a day for a couple months as I've been weaning off of 40 mg of Paxil. I'm finally completely off the Paxil (yay) and its been a couple weeks. I still get brain zaps and am struggling with insomnia, nausea/lack of appetite, and confusion. I think I attribute those effects to the paxil withdrawal. But I've also got other stuff going on that complicates things (yes, I know some of you might just say "don't do that!") but I have an addictive personality and its tough for me to do. Basically, ive been running a 600 mg testosterone cycle with exemestane to try and control estrogen.

Long story short, its very difficult to do, especially with the peaty supps I take that I think contribute to lower estrogen as well and may be synergistic with the exemestane. They include taurine, glycine, creatine, butea superba occasionally, either cypro or meter, pregenolone, and DHEA. Some of the paxil withdrawal side effects ive thought are symptoms of low estro (nausea, lack of appetite, brain fog, depression) but it just occurred to me today that for the past week i hadn't taken any meter, so i thought may be that was the culprit and I might be experiencing DAWS.

I still don't know yet. I hope not, I really don't think I could handle another "syndrome" in my life at this point.

FYI, I have stopped the 600 test and reduced my dose to 200 for no other reason than its so ******* hard to control estrogen at that elevated dosage and when it gets too high or too low the consequences are harsh.

I'm hoping to be able to keep estro under control with no AI at 200 mg weekly, but merely by supping peaty, which naturally fosters a lower estrogenic environment.

Epik

Every time I try to take metergoline I throw up very easily and get constipated, especially in my sleep. Has anyone experienced this or know why this would happen?

S-VV

Every time I try to take metergoline I throw up very easily and get constipated, especially in my sleep. Has anyone experienced this or know why this would happen?
Canonical effects of dopamine agonism. Dopamine activation in the enteric nervous system reduces gut motility and in the CNS it activates chemoreceptors leading to nausea. Thats why dopamine antagonists are used both as gut prokinetics and as antiemetic drugs

Epik

Canonical effects of dopamine agonism. Dopamine activation in the enteric nervous system reduces gut motility and in the CNS it activates chemoreceptors leading to nausea. Thats why dopamine antagonists are used both as gut prokinetics and as antiemetic drugs
Any way to mitigate while taking metergoline? I feel great momentarily but I think the endotoxin build-up causes some serotonin issues. Also, I'd rather not let this thing go to wast

S-VV

Any way to mitigate while taking metergoline? I feel great momentarily but I think the endotoxin build-up causes some serotonin issues. Also, I'd rather not let this thing go to wast
You could take some laxative for the constipation (like magnesium, wheat bran etc...) , and for the nausea a centrally acting (1st gen) antihistamine alongside lots of caffeine can work.

Maybe you would benefit more from an indirect dopamine increase (nicotine, amphetamines!, roids!), but it's more difficult to source and can have some side effects

inthedark

Do you experience this even dosing Metergoline topically? I’ve found it to work basically as well topically as it does internally.

I’ve experienced a habituation period lasting a few days (after I’ve taken an extended break from Metergoline) where I have some constipation and feel very lethargic. There’s been some discussion about this and related things that you might find helpful in the main Metergoline thread. That said I find it can be just as helpful to do one big dose once a week or so as a small dose every day.

Epik

You could take some laxative for the constipation (like magnesium, wheat bran etc...) , and for the nausea a centrally acting (1st gen) antihistamine alongside lots of caffeine can work.

Maybe you would benefit more from an indirect dopamine increase (nicotine, amphetamines!, roids!), but it's more difficult to source and can have some side effects
I'll try this, but I don't get nausea (or maybe I have a different definition) it just feels like my esophagus sphincter is always open. I don't feel dizzy or sick. It's just based on how much I eat and how I position myself, food can spill over lol. But I'll definitely try that for the vomiting thanks.
Do you experience this even dosing Metergoline topically? I’ve found it to work basically as well topically as it does internally.

I’ve experienced a habituation period lasting a few days (after I’ve taken an extended break from Metergoline) where I have some constipation and feel very lethargic. There’s been some discussion about this and related things that you might find helpful in the main Metergoline thread. That said I find it can be just as helpful to do one big dose once a week or so as a small dose every day.
I actually mixed up my metergoline bottle with my estroban bottle once to apply it topically (in my belly button) and all those symptoms came back for two days with only one drop (0.5mg). I've posted on the main thread, I'll think of getting back into metergoline soon.

CalmAmygdala

Where did you hear that metergoline causes build up of endotoxin?

Waynish

It was the constipation that caused it, a side effect I seemed to get from metergoline

I'd get the gut a bit cleaner before trying again - and then I'd use a bit of charcoal an hour after taking it. Maybe Lisuride will do you better; I found it way more powerful with fewer side effects. And I don't think these things should be taken daily. Of course, before you take charcoal, you should be reasonably non-constipated.

Epik

I've recently been trying nicotine and it seems like it's strongly increasing my dopamine because I get nauseous and constipated. Do you think it could be due to an imbalance with my neurotransmitters? Maybe too much acyetalcholine?
I'd get the gut a bit cleaner before trying again - and then I'd use a bit of charcoal an hour after taking it. Maybe Lisuride will do you better; I found it way more powerful with fewer side effects. And I don't think these things should be taken daily. Of course, before you take charcoal, you should be reasonably non-constipated.
I'm definitely planning on using charcoal and milk of magnesia

CalmAmygdala

Ive been too depressed to even move let alone write a post. I've been able to eliminate any potential confounding factors and can confirm most definitely that metergoline can induce DAWS type symptoms. It has in me. Most noticeably, depression, confusion, brain fog, pain/aching muscles, fatigue, extreme dysphoria, anxiety, suidal ideation. I took 2.5 mg for 2 months or so. Just one person's experience but if youre new to meter, exercise caution. I was taking it for its serotonin antagonistic properties, and assumed that it didnt have a very strong binding affinity for D2. I dont know what its exact binding affinity is, but i know its strong enough to induce DAWS. Be careful with it

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals