Leaky Gut n Brain/Candida/Digestion issues with all Supplements & most foods

OP
R

Reemaway

Have you tried supplementing with butyrate? If the colonocytes are not getting enough of it for energy, leaky gut with all of its associated problems is likely to result. The normal route for butyrate production is bacterial fermentation of fiber and resistant starch in the large intestine. Haven't read through your whole thread, but I suspect that's not a route you want to take. Butyrate supplementation might prove beneficial without potentially problematic fiber.
Have not tried butyrate, thanks for the suggestion! Would definitely have to go down the supplement route as most butyrate producing foods are a no no for me. I eat a good amount of potatoes, and sometimes I eat them cooked....have noticed better digestion after that I’m assuming due to the resistant starch content. Might try potato starch by itself and see how that aligns. Adding it to my attempt list. Would you recommend any specific butyrate supplement? tried any?

Perry Staltic

Would you recommend any specific butyrate supplement? tried any?

I haven't tried any butyrate supplements because I can handle fiber OK, but if I couldn't, after reading some of the stuff I've read, that would be the first thing I'd do. Don't know what a good dose is, but be aware you would need enough to get to the large intestine because some is probably absorbed in the upper digestive tract.

OP
R

Reemaway

I haven't tried any butyrate supplements because I can handle fiber OK, but if I couldn't, after reading some of the stuff I've read, that would be the first thing I'd do. Don't know what a good dose is, but be aware you would need enough to get to the large intestine because some is probably absorbed in the upper digestive tract.
That’s awesome that you can handle fiber. What type of fiber/foods have you seen the most positive changes with? From the research on supplements I’ve done, butyrate supps are quite pricey, and some aren’t pure, but rather ingredients to have the body produce it from some of the amazon reviews I’ve seen on Sodium Butyrate.

Sefton10

That’s awesome that you can handle fiber. What type of fiber/foods have you seen the most positive changes with? From the research on supplements I’ve done, butyrate supps are quite pricey, and some aren’t pure, but rather ingredients to have the body produce it from some of the amazon reviews I’ve seen on Sodium Butyrate.
Tarmander did a podcast episode on Butyrate recently, he speaks highly of it

View: https://m.soundcloud.com/user-306234208/ep-96-the-best-supplement-for-your-colon-ibs-crohns-weight-loss-autoimmunity-and-depression

Perry Staltic

Reading through some reviews on Amazon. They say it smells like vomit lol. Ecological Formulas price doesn't look too bad. I use their allithiamine. That stuff reeks too. I love to take it on an empty stomach and get hours of garlic burps.

mostlylurking

It’s some of the only things that comfort me and make me feel normal. I was raised eating spicy foods, and had the best health and bowel movements until I decided to drop it due to “peating”. When I visited South Asia a few years back, saw many elderly folks in great health, even spicing up their teas.

The castor oil was a one time thing recently due to how backed up I was. Still gagging thinking about how I managed to get it down. Cascara and senna did nothing for me and actually backed me up even more, as well as caused psoriasis flare ups. Magnesium oxide or citrate for constipation caused many problems for me in the long run. Developed hypermagnesemia it seemed at the time.

I’m sure I might be band-aiding something, but I’m also considering cayenn’s functionalities. I might not go through with some of the things I stated, but will always consider due to how it makes me feel somewhat normal.

In the past I’ve had a bad habit of over-supplementing, which I’m paying the price for now and trying to chillax and cleanse in a way. I see a lot of stuff constantly being recommended on this forum in large quantities, but most don’t think about the long term effects or how they are causing dependency. Always research the negatives and toxicity levels associated with anything you are taking, look at studies in other countries as well. Of course, a mega dose of something might work for you now, but in the long run can cause problems. I strongly feel the human body does not need so much laxative support from supplements or over the counter stuff, Will of course mess with the body’s natural cycle as well. Figuring out natural ways, macro/micro, herbs, and food balancing, will result in a positive, natural feedback from your body on what’s working and what isn’t.

EOnutrition on YouTube....made a video about managing the side effects from Thiamine, and many folks in the comments followed the recommendations of magnesium and even some b vitamins along with others things, to the T....for months, and saw no improvement. I eat quite a bit of magnesium rich foods, and when I tried thiamine HCL for just 2 weeks on 100mg, I felt terrible. Maybe I didn’t wait long enough or didn’t incorporate something else. I appreciate the thoughtfulness and thoroughness in your findings, it’s just a frustrating not seeing results, and being in a state of negative symptoms, hoping for symptoms to get better, while still trying to be a functioning member of society. I’ll re-attempt this soon once things wind down in my personal and professional life, hoping for a positive change. I am 170lbs, and it Seems that the therapeutic dose is between 2-3grams :/ I am no where near that. I’ll also try magnesium bisglycinate for a change when I try this again, at a super low dose once per week as you mentioned. The problem will be finding a good, starting dose...and eve with the lowest starting dose of 100mg, how long before I start feeling better in order for me to titrate up. God speed to us all
Suit yourself.

I've offered you some reading material for your consideration. We are each on our own journey through this life. As we travel through, we pick up toxins and the toxin load changes what the body can tolerate and still function. For me, that toxin load includes heavy metals. I can't get them out of me. The last time I tried IV chelation, I wound up with rheumatoid arthritis. I have had to learn to live with the heavy metals. I've learned that thiamine gets used up by heavy metals which is why I personally require a larger dose of thiamine. I've learned that I'm healthier with the high dose thiamine than without it. Thiamine cancels out the symptoms of lead poisoning and there are studies that show thiamine bonds to lead making it inert. Thiamine reduces tissue lead levels in rats: mechanism of interaction - BioMetals

Although thiamine is required for life and the body cannot make it (it is a vitamin), not everyone needs high dose thiamine. The body's need for thiamine is affected by many things, including diet, pharmaceutical drugs, and toxin load.

OP
R

Reemaway

Suit yourself.

I've offered you some reading material for your consideration. We are each on our own journey through this life. As we travel through, we pick up toxins and the toxin load changes what the body can tolerate and still function. For me, that toxin load includes heavy metals. I can't get them out of me. The last time I tried IV chelation, I wound up with rheumatoid arthritis. I have had to learn to live with the heavy metals. I've learned that thiamine gets used up by heavy metals which is why I personally require a larger dose of thiamine. I've learned that I'm healthier with the high dose thiamine than without it. Thiamine cancels out the symptoms of lead poisoning and there are studies that show thiamine bonds to lead making it inert. Thiamine reduces tissue lead levels in rats: mechanism of interaction - BioMetals

Although thiamine is required for life and the body cannot make it (it is a vitamin), not everyone needs high dose thiamine. The body's need for thiamine is affected by many things, including diet, pharmaceutical drugs, and toxin load.
I really do appreciate the insight and new information you gathered and shared. Now that you mention heavy metal load within the body, it aligns with with what I am also probably undergoing. When I was bodybuilding a few years, ate an unhealthy amount of canned tuna, brown rice, etc, which started causing symptoms that I ignored. Came across some testimonials where some people, after not handling a lower dose of thiamine, handled a higher dose of Thiamine starting off. Nonetheless, sounds like Thiamine is a huge hot topic, with a lot of pros, where the long term benefits outweigh the short term side effects. I definitely plan on taking Thiamine HCL (Solgar brand 500mg). Might bite the bullet and ride it out, try to be patient. I know you stated you use magnesium, Do you use any b complex with your usage of thiamine as well? Or just rely on food for that? If you don't mind me asking, what's your diet like to support your recovery?

OP
R

Reemaway

OP
R

Reemaway

Reading through some reviews on Amazon. They say it smells like vomit lol. Ecological Formulas price doesn't look too bad. I use their allithiamine. That stuff reeks too. I love to take it on an empty stomach and get hours of garlic burps.
Nice....a chick-repellant lol. It makes sense though, some of the most butyrate producing foods are odorous foods, like onions, garlic, asparagus, etc. Sautéing them things to max fixes it, but not sure if the properties also diminish because of it :/

mostlylurking

I really do appreciate the insight and new information you gathered and shared. Now that you mention heavy metal load within the body, it aligns with with what I am also probably undergoing. When I was bodybuilding a few years, ate an unhealthy amount of canned tuna, brown rice, etc, which started causing symptoms that I ignored. Came across some testimonials where some people, after not handling a lower dose of thiamine, handled a higher dose of Thiamine starting off. Nonetheless, sounds like Thiamine is a huge hot topic, with a lot of pros, where the long term benefits outweigh the short term side effects. I definitely plan on taking Thiamine HCL (Solgar brand 500mg). Might bite the bullet and ride it out, try to be patient. I know you stated you use magnesium, Do you use any b complex with your usage of thiamine as well? Or just rely on food for that? If you don't mind me asking, what's your diet like to support your recovery?
I'd like to suggest a pure powder thiamine hcl instead of a capsule. Capsules usually have unfortunate excipients and they limit dose size. Pure bulk powder thiamine hcl is available via purebulk.com and bulksupplements.com, and probably other suppliers as well.

I use a b-complex, Pure Encapsulations brand (no excipients). I take additional riboflavin, biotin, niacinamide, the 2 grams of thiamine hcl, magnesium glycinate, progesterone, pregnenolone, vitamin A (transdermal), D3, K2, and aspirin, daily. I take prescription natural desiccated thyroid and am checked by my endocrinologist every 6 months, including blood tests. I can't tolerate any coffee. I put a little (1T) maple syrup in my 20 oz. of 1% milk, along with 11 grams hydrolyzed gelatin, 3Xday. I avoid PUFA always. I try to get 100 grams of protein daily, mainly dairy and some eggs and gelatin. Shellfish once/twice a week. Liver once a week. A quart of OJ daily. Some seedless cucumbers, lots of oranges. I cook with hydrogenated coconut oil (92 degree type). Raw carrot salad. Your basic Peaty diet. I've been at this about 7 years. I added the biotin last winter when I was recovering from a severe case of blocked thiamine function caused by Bactrim antibiotic. I also doubled my pregnenolone at that time. Both of these things I found helped me get well.

I take thiamine hcl because I could not tolerate TTFD thiamine, which is the kind that Elliot Overton, Dr. Chandler Marrs, and Dr. Derrick Lonsdale like to recommend. TTFD thiamine requires glutathione to work; if you are low in it, the TTFD causes side effects. I never had negative side effects from thiamine hcl. So some people (including me) tolerate a larger dose (by volume) of thiamine hcl than they do of a small dose of TTFD. Thiamine hcl does not absorb via the intestine very well. 2 grams/day of thiamine hcl for 7 days = 100mg thiamine hcl by injection once a week (according to Dr. Costantini's website).

My last experience of getting a load of lead came from cleaning up an old house after my brother's death. The dust was contaminated with lead and I breathed it in. My first experience with heavy metal poisoning was when I was 7-9 and got mercury amalgam fillings put in my teeth.

It is important that you do your own research and listen to your body. It is important that you do not blindly follow ideas promoted on a forum. Instead, use them as a spring board for your own research. Read Ray Peat's articles yourself; don't rely on the interpretations of others.

Perry Staltic

Nice....a chick-repellant lol. It makes sense though, some of the most butyrate producing foods are odorous foods, like onions, garlic, asparagus, etc. Sautéing them things to max fixes it, but not sure if the properties also diminish because of it :/

Another avenue might be b. coagulens. @Mauritio did a thread on it that says it promotes F. prausnitzii that produces butyrate.

This study shows that B. Coagulans increases F. Prausnitzii. A very beneficial bacterium for the following reason:
- it decreases serotonin:
"Importantly, mice treated with either F. prausnitzii or its SN exhibited significant decreases in intestinal permeability, tissue cytokines and serotonin levels."
(Faecalibacterium prausnitzii prevents physiological damages in a chronic low-grade inflammation murine model)

- it increases butyrate and consumes acetate, another study found a synergistic between B.Coagulans and vinegar ,which contains acetate :
"F. prausnitzii is an acetate-consuming and butyrate-producing bacterium [27, 16]. Although it is one of the most common bacteria found in the human colon, it has been revealed that F. prausnitzii needs the presence of B. thetaiotamicron, a primary acetate-producer, in order to colonize the colon

Vileplume

Sweet, I've got oxtail broth on the go ! Motility issues were huge for me and I think the reason I struggled with chopped mushrooms and why I came up with the soup. It's been really helpful whilst raising metabolism and increasing motility. Easier on the gut and helpful when appetites low. Hope it helps mate.
Just to clarify, do you mean you struggled with chopped mushrooms but do better with them blended? I think I find the same for myself.

mostlylurking

FWIW; my gut bacteria got damaged via antibiotics (Bactrim) summer of 2020. I was in trouble and messed up for about 6 months. I experienced excellent resolution of my gut problems via thiamine supplementation when I upped my dose to 2 grams of thiamine hcl/day. There was dramatic gut function improvement in two days at this dose (I had been working up to this dose for about 3 months prior).

article link: Thiamine Acquisition Strategies Impact Metabolism and Competition in the Gut Microbe Bacteroides thetaiotaomicron - PubMed
quote: Variation in the ability of gut microbes to transport, synthesize, and compete for vitamin B1 (thiamine) is expected to impact the structure and stability of the microbiota, and ultimately this variation may have both direct and indirect effects on human health. Our study identifies the diverse strategies employed by gut Bacteroidetes to acquire thiamine. We demonstrate how the presence or absence of thiamine biosynthesis or transport dramatically affects the abundance of B. thetaiotaomicron in a competitive environment. This study adds further evidence that altering the presence or concentrations of water-soluble vitamins such as thiamine may be an effective method for manipulating gut community composition. In turn, targeted thiamine delivery could be used therapeutically to alter dysbiotic communities linked to disease.

-end-

This is a very complex topic.

OP
R

Reemaway

I'd like to suggest a pure powder thiamine hcl instead of a capsule. Capsules usually have unfortunate excipients and they limit dose size. Pure bulk powder thiamine hcl is available via purebulk.com and bulksupplements.com, and probably other suppliers as well.

I use a b-complex, Pure Encapsulations brand (no excipients). I take additional riboflavin, biotin, niacinamide, the 2 grams of thiamine hcl, magnesium glycinate, progesterone, pregnenolone, vitamin A (transdermal), D3, K2, and aspirin, daily. I take prescription natural desiccated thyroid and am checked by my endocrinologist every 6 months, including blood tests. I can't tolerate any coffee. I put a little (1T) maple syrup in my 20 oz. of 1% milk, along with 11 grams hydrolyzed gelatin, 3Xday. I avoid PUFA always. I try to get 100 grams of protein daily, mainly dairy and some eggs and gelatin. Shellfish once/twice a week. Liver once a week. A quart of OJ daily. Some seedless cucumbers, lots of oranges. I cook with hydrogenated coconut oil (92 degree type). Raw carrot salad. Your basic Peaty diet. I've been at this about 7 years. I added the biotin last winter when I was recovering from a severe case of blocked thiamine function caused by Bactrim antibiotic. I also doubled my pregnenolone at that time. Both of these things I found helped me get well.

I take thiamine hcl because I could not tolerate TTFD thiamine, which is the kind that Elliot Overton, Dr. Chandler Marrs, and Dr. Derrick Lonsdale like to recommend. TTFD thiamine requires glutathione to work; if you are low in it, the TTFD causes side effects. I never had negative side effects from thiamine hcl. So some people (including me) tolerate a larger dose (by volume) of thiamine hcl than they do of a small dose of TTFD. Thiamine hcl does not absorb via the intestine very well. 2 grams/day of thiamine hcl for 7 days = 100mg thiamine hcl by injection once a week (according to Dr. Costantini's website).

My last experience of getting a load of lead came from cleaning up an old house after my brother's death. The dust was contaminated with lead and I breathed it in. My first experience with heavy metal poisoning was when I was 7-9 and got mercury amalgam fillings put in my teeth.

It is important that you do your own research and listen to your body. It is important that you do not blindly follow ideas promoted on a forum. Instead, use them as a spring board for your own research. Read Ray Peat's articles yourself; don't rely on the interpretations of others.
FWIW; my gut bacteria got damaged via antibiotics (Bactrim) summer of 2020. I was in trouble and messed up for about 6 months. I experienced excellent resolution of my gut problems via thiamine supplementation when I upped my dose to 2 grams of thiamine hcl/day. There was dramatic gut function improvement in two days at this dose (I had been working up to this dose for about 3 months prior).

article link: Thiamine Acquisition Strategies Impact Metabolism and Competition in the Gut Microbe Bacteroides thetaiotaomicron - PubMed
quote: Variation in the ability of gut microbes to transport, synthesize, and compete for vitamin B1 (thiamine) is expected to impact the structure and stability of the microbiota, and ultimately this variation may have both direct and indirect effects on human health. Our study identifies the diverse strategies employed by gut Bacteroidetes to acquire thiamine. We demonstrate how the presence or absence of thiamine biosynthesis or transport dramatically affects the abundance of B. thetaiotaomicron in a competitive environment. This study adds further evidence that altering the presence or concentrations of water-soluble vitamins such as thiamine may be an effective method for manipulating gut community composition. In turn, targeted thiamine delivery could be used therapeutically to alter dysbiotic communities linked to disease.

-end-

This is a very complex topic.
Wow, greatly appreciate you sharing your invaluable experiences, and data you've come across. Its definitely given me more hope and optimism with how promising it seems. And thanks for taking the time out to breakdown your supplement/diet regimen. Its going to be a robust reference point for me, when I begin supplementing Thiamine, along with pairing other components accordingly.

My deepest condolences in regards to your brother. Sorry to hear about the lead contamination happening to you, but glad to hear you made waves in identifying it and treating it. I cant agree more with you about listening to your own body, doing diligent research, and being flexible with adjusting. I love hearing about what works for others, testimonials, and interpret/compare to my regimen to see what I can improve upon or include if its feasible and logical for me to do so, while also sharing my experiences and offer advise if I can. And if doesn't work for me, it can work for someone else.....not a one size fits all, but good foundational elements that can be built on to one's own symptoms. I also admire Peat's work, and if it wasn't for him, and this forum, I would still be downing PUFA's, fish oil, and refined crap having more problems than before.

Although I do see antibiotics talked about a lot here, some talk about how their gut gets complete screwed as I am sure it wipes out a lot of the good bacteria. Its why I am hesitant with antibiotics, especially since I have so many problems already, trying to get my gut to cooperate without its use if I can. Seems like Thiamine is a positive gut modulator, and after trying countless probiotics and prebiotics, this might be the saving grace. The little I have, I plan to buy some bulk Thiamine, mag, and the b complex you recommended soon hopefully. Will keep this thread posted on my progression.

Last edited:
OP
R

Reemaway

Another avenue might be b. coagulens. @Mauritio did a thread on it that says it promotes F. prausnitzii that produces butyrate.

I tried so many different spore based probiotics over the past year, triturating up slowly, but no benefit. It made my arthritis/joint pain worse, caused hair loss/thinning, and constipated me. I stopped it but feel like it colonized inside of me, causing some long term problems. I came across this article about the ill effects of spore based probiotics, as well as megaspore, with quite a bit of scientific literature and many people commenting about similar experiences to mine -

many folks have actually called out the author for promoting his probiotics, and I dont blame them, but he does reference some interesting studies.....as well as som folks commenting about the side effects from it. Perhaps he had a bad experience with it then went on a tangent lol. At the end of the day, all comes down to how unique everyone's body's are....not a one size fits all kind of thing.

mostlylurking

I tried so many different spore based probiotics over the past year, triturating up slowly, but no benefit. It made my arthritis/joint pain worse, caused hair loss/thinning, and constipated me. I stopped it but feel like it colonized inside of me, causing some long term problems. I came across this article about the ill effects of spore based probiotics, as well as megaspore, with quite a bit of scientific literature and many people commenting about similar experiences to mine -

many folks have actually called out the author for promoting his probiotics, and I dont blame them, but he does reference some interesting studies.....as well as som folks commenting about the side effects from it. Perhaps he had a bad experience with it then went on a tangent lol. At the end of the day, all comes down to how unique everyone's body's are....not a one size fits all kind of thing.
People are out to make a buck. Let the buyer beware. I've gotten horribly cynical. I trust Ray Peat; he's not selling anything. Except maybe his newsletter which I consider a gift of his wisdom, not a product.

Perry Staltic

I don't think coagulens colonizes. I wish it did. It noticeably improved my movements.

mostlylurking

Wow, greatly appreciate you sharing your invaluable experiences, and data you've come across. Its definitely given me more hope and optimism with how promising it seems. And thanks for taking the time out to breakdown your supplement/diet regimen. Its going to be a robust reference point for me, when I begin supplementing Thiamine, along with pairing other components accordingly.
I've just been following Ray Peat's advice, tested some things, stuck with what worked for me. Peat doesn't talk much about thiamine, but there's a collection of his thiamine quotes here: Ray Peat On Vitamin B1 - Thiamine The greatest lesson I learned from Ray is to listen to my body and trust my intuition.

I discovered that thiamine was at the heart of my problem via Haidut's comment that thiamine lowers lactic acid. I tested that out and I experienced increased temp and disappearance of inflammation in less than 45 minutes. So I followed that clue and researched and learned how to heal myself.
My deepest condolences in regards to your brother. Sorry to hear about the lead contamination happening to you, but glad to hear you made waves in identifying it and treating it. I cant agree more with you about listening to your own body, doing diligent research, and being flexible with adjusting. I love hearing about what works for others, testimonials, and interpret/compare to my regimen to see what I can improve upon or include if its feasible and logical for me to do so, while also sharing my experiences and offer advise if I can. And if doesn't work for me, it can work for someone else.....not a one size fits all, but good foundational elements that can be built on to one's own symptoms. I also admire Peat's work, and if it wasn't for him, and this forum, I would still be downing PUFA's, fish oil, and refined crap having more problems than before.
Thanks about my brother. Ray Peat saved my life.
Although I do see antibiotics talked about a lot here, some talk about how their gut gets complete screwed as I am sure it wipes out a lot of the good bacteria. Its why I am hesitant with antibiotics, especially since I have so many problems already, trying to get my gut to cooperate without its use if I can. Seems like Thiamine is a positive gut modulator, and after trying countless probiotics and prebiotics, this might be the saving grace. The little I have, I plan to buy some bulk Thiamine, mag, and the b complex you recommended soon hopefully. Will keep this thread posted on my progression.
I'm sticking with carrot salad instead of antibiotics. It scrubs the bacteria off of the gut lining, then the more benign bacteria have a chance to colonize that area.

Spend some time watching Elliot Overton's videos on thiamine; he does a great job! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFqXidfUsI0vm73xsBMIQdQ Start with the older ones and work your way forward.

mostlylurking

Hi all, Male in his early 20’s here. Been lurking and viewing over the past years, but finally decided to make an account to talk about an issue I feel not only myself, but others in this community have battled with or are currently facing. Backstory - Huge athlete over the past years and underwent a lot of stress. Trying to get back into being more active but my symptoms and recovery time from when I do workout are making it really hard. Over the past years, I have been running out of foods to eat, same goes with supplements....that don’t cause acne, brain fog/headaches, congestion, bloating, psoriasis/dandruff, constipation, and biggest being joint pain/arthritis. Since having a really bad case of "Covid" last year, it seems my internal system aged 10 years in time, and constant headaches from protein of any sorts. Reg docs I went to just say it’s fine and bloodwork is all normal. Gastro did an endoscopy and saw everything was fine. The foods I react to are any grains/legumes, green veggies (cruciferous) and dairy and eggs (even pasture raised), and all meat.....yup, all meat, even grass fed n finished.....same with seafood. I cut out protein....headaches go away, psoriasis goes away in 1-2 days.....only downside...probably longer recovery time from when I am active.

I’ve heard of so many people going down the path of getting to the root of problem, but I honestly dished thousands over the years to supplements, probiotics, ox bile, enzymes, antimicrobials, naturopaths, etc. Countless Supplements, tried them, individually, and synergistically, make me feel terrible, even low doses, especially probiotics (tried SBO’s and refrigerated ones) gives me joint pain and flares up my dandruff/psoriasis. I can surprisingly handle potatoes with ease, along with olive oil, even some macadamia nuts, and seedless fruits (low fodmap), and some herbs.....but protein of any sort turns me into a migraine and psoriasis machine. Makes me wonder if I really have candida? Saturated fat from meat or coconut oil makes me feel awful....monounsaturated fat from Olive/avocado oil does little to no harm it seems.

Usually the first sign of when I eat grains/beans/dairy is debilitating stiff pain in my wrists and other joints...and then the puffy look in face/body as if I gained like 5-10 pounds overnight next day. Brain fog. Even hair loss/hair thinning/scalp itching starts to occur, especially with Dairy....acne and cysts galore. Seems I am am hormonally sensitive too. Definitely learned the hard way that when one has an autoimmune condition, not all calories, whether it be from carbs, fats, or proteins.... are the same when digested. It’s just really frustrating at times that I used to be able to eat most foods fine growing up, but I know the damage I probably did to my body from over supplementing and being a high-stress athlete. What’s keeping me going is the pain free side of this elimination diet, and mental clarity I get. keeps me somewhat grounded, but at times, I just recall and wish. Lol, this diet unironically is very similar to the diet the "Vegetable Police" is on (channel on YouTube)....potato as starch, some veg and fruit.....only thing he is missing is oil.

If anyone knows of any good tips, advice, or is going through something similar, I created this thread for awareness, so feel free to share! As I stated in another thread, I have found peace of mind dropping all supplements, and peace from most of my symptoms by staying true to the elimination diet that works for me. Every now and then, when I feel optimistic, I get back into researching and asking, and if something seems promising or the dots align, I might give it a shot. Learned that Life's precious, do and eat what works for you, stay hopeful, and tread on with gratefulness.
I found another article that you may find helpful.
also this one: