Had To Eliminate Yet Another Nutritive Food; How Do I Make This Stop?

Zpol

Eggs were treating me good for a long time. Now when I eat them I get indigestion, stomach pain, and weirdly, I loose my voice and get a cough. Same thing happens if I eat liver.

I've already eliminated dairy (due to GERD), goat dairy (flares up psoriasis), wheat/gluten (I have Celiac), all starches (gallbadder/pancreas pain), melons (allergic to them), shellfish (allergic hives), greens and herbs (the ones that stimulate bile flow), pineapple (allergy), nightshades (give me rashes), gelatin/collagen (endotoxin and arginine excess causing headaches and shingles).

My guts are so messed up and I've already got severe malnutrition problems.

Despite all these issues though, my energy is pretty good, sleep is good, mentally I feel good besides scared about my future abilities to simply eat food.

Just wondering if anyone out there has dealt with this and/or else knows how to resolve it.
Is it even possible to resolve it?
I can't even imagine a day when I can drink milk again or have goat cheese. It'd be a miracle.

I am currently on many supp's which I want to get off but I would need to get the nutrients from foods which I can't eat.

alephx

Celiac can be caused by cumulative damage to the intestine due to lack of B vitamins. If you have celiac I bet a lot of the other issues can be related to this gut malfunction. IIRC, Nathan Hatch talks about this in his book. Highly recommend it, very useful to break out of negative health loops

OP
Zpol

Zpol

Stop taking supplements and start with the egg yolk, raw.

Not sure what raw egg yolk can do but I'll look into it. Thanks.

Celiac can be caused by cumulative damage to the intestine due to lack of B vitamins. If you have celiac I bet a lot of the other issues can be related to this gut malfunction. IIRC, Nathan Hatch talks about this in his book. Highly recommend it, very useful to break out of negative health loops
I do have his book, haven't finished it yet. But I mean to. Thanks.

mrchibbs

Eggs were treating me good for a long time. Now when I eat them I get indigestion, stomach pain, and weirdly, I loose my voice and get a cough. Same thing happens if I eat liver.

I've already eliminated dairy (due to GERD), goat dairy (flares up psoriasis), wheat/gluten (I have Celiac), all starches (gallbadder/pancreas pain), melons (allergic to them), shellfish (allergic hives), greens and herbs (the ones that stimulate bile flow), pineapple (allergy), nightshades (give me rashes), gelatin/collagen (endotoxin and arginine excess causing headaches and shingles).

Despite all these issues though, my energy is pretty good, sleep is good, mentally I feel good besides scared about my future abilities to simply eat food.

Just wondering if anyone out there has dealt with this and/or else knows how to resolve it.
I can't even imagine a day when I can drink milk again or have goat cheese. It'd be a miracle.

I am currently on many supp's which I want to get off but I would need to get the nutrients from foods which I can't eat.

Ok clearly you seem to be having an allergic reaction to everything. Aspirin+baking soda+glycine in a drink will take care of the GERD, there's good info on this topic on this forum.
You may need some cyproheptadine to deal with the allergic reactions and high histamine. To me what you're experiencing is high intestinal inflammation. Aspirin helps to lower this, and that maybe why it is also helpful for allergies.

Allergies come and go, and finding better sources of food can also make a huge difference (it has to me for both eggs and shellfish, I only get very good quality of both)

OP
Zpol

Zpol

Aspirin+baking soda+glycine
This is along the lines of what I was thinking. I think the inflammation is preventing any improvements no matter what I do. This helps to validate that train of thought.

Allergies come and go, and finding better sources of food can also make a huge difference (it has to me for both eggs and shellfish, I only get very good quality of both)
This is comforting to know. Makes me feel confident I can bring them back at some point. I definitely intend to try.

Thank you!!

redsun

What do you eat?

I am not surprised eggs and liver are worsening you. Eggs are packed with methionine and low in histidine, and liver is filled with copper. Too much methionine and copper in the diet will lower histamine levels excessively. As a consequence, histidine to histamine conversion (via HDC) increases in attempt to increase histamine again.

This is likely not just due to your liver and egg consumption. This problem has been slowly developing over time and your ability to secrete gastric acid to digest foods is worsening (which from your post sounds like exactly what is going on).

Problem is, chronically this will deplete histidine and zinc, and technically B6. The carbonic anhydrase enzyme that makes HCL is made of histidine and zinc. Without this you will have severe issues digesting anything.

And ironically, you will get more histamine "reactions" because you have such issue with digesting food and these undigested particles probably cause immune responses.

And if you are taking a lot of supplements my guess is they are also worsening your reactions by wasting histidine and zinc even more. Depends what you take.

Try taking histidine and zinc. Some B1 and B6 may help as well... But I dont think at least initially it is a good idea to add B6 as it will just make more histamine from the histidine. You want the histidine and zinc to be used in making more carbonic anhydrase enzyme for the stomach to use. B1 may raise CO2 which can be used in the carbonic anhydrase enzyme to make carbonic acid (which then dissociates to H+ ions and bicarbonate, its the H+ ions that are needed to make HCL), but it may further waste histidine/zinc.

So first step I suggest is histidine and zinc only and just try to eat proteins, carbs, fats... whatever it is you can eat.

There are actually I believe two types of foods that provide histidine, zinc, B6 altogether in a perfect package in high enough quantities. First would be red meat aka steaks, ground beef. Second would be pork, like pork chops.

Both have much higher histidine compared to methionine, very low in copper (to prevent histidine wasting), decently high in zinc (red meat is higher than pork, and ground beef is higher in zinc than steaks usually).

Probably the easiest thing for you to eat is burger patties because of the extra fat that steaks tend to lack depending on the steak.

In short, take histidine and zinc. Eat red meat/pork as either ground meats or steaks, ground meats being easier. Try to consume all the electrolytes which are also vital for stomach acid, especially sodium, chloride, potassium. So salt as sodium chloride is your friend.

Andman

Ok clearly you seem to be having an allergic reaction to everything. Aspirin+baking soda+glycine in a drink will take care of the GERD, there's good info on this topic on this forum.
You may need some cyproheptadine to deal with the allergic reactions and high histamine. To me what you're experiencing is high intestinal inflammation. Aspirin helps to lower this, and that maybe why it is also helpful for allergies.

agreed, id try glycine on its own first tho. youll see pretty quickly if it helps

thomas00

have you done a course of antibiotics to see if that helps? A few weeks of one often helps clear up gut issues for people. Seems like it might help if you are otherwise in good health.

Vins7

I have Nathan's book but I can't understand really well what he explains about sibo/candida/gut health in bis book. I'm spanish and I don't understand some thinks.
He explains some about sodium acetate but I don't k le How I can get It and if it's if it is a totally safe product. I have some symptoms for which he recommends sodium acetate as constipation and a collapsed and bloating colon, the fiber is not digested, it seems like some type of dysbiosis.

Andman

I have Nathan's book but I can't understand really well what he explains about sibo/candida/gut health in bis book. I'm spanish and I don't understand some thinks.
He explains some about sodium acetate but I don't k le How I can get It and if it's if it is a totally safe product. I have some symptoms for which he recommends sodium acetate as constipation and a collapsed and bloating colon, the fiber is not digested, it seems like some type of dysbiosis.

Mix baking soda with vinegar and you get sodium acetate, which can help with gut issues

Vinny

Am in a very similar period right now.
I ditched almost everything and got a lot of benefits so far.
If I end up with just one food (it looks like meat) then I,ll just eat it, and that,s it. Done.
We,ll see...

OP
Zpol

Zpol

In short, take histidine and zinc. Eat red meat/pork as either ground meats or steaks, ground meats being easier. Try to consume all the electrolytes which are also vital for stomach acid, especially sodium, chloride, potassium. So salt as sodium chloride is your friend.
Wow. This explains a lot! Thank for taking the time to spell it out for me. I definitely have issues with methionine, I hadn't considered the role of histadine in the matter, it makes sense.
Since quitting eggs I have upped my intake of both steak and hamburgers.
I eat a lot of fat free chicken and use ghee or coconut for cooking. Also cod fish and fat free tuna. For carbs I eat bananas, dates, grapes, oj, apples (usually as applesauce), and any seasonal fruit that looks good. Daily carrot salad and sometimes bamboo shoots. Coffee 2x/day and occasionally allergen free chocolate.
I have a BCAA plus amino acid blend (haduit's recipe, minus the taurine) that I take for extra protein. I can only eat so much meat.
About a year ago I was severely I'll. Bed ridden for the most part, flu like symptoms, severe abdominal pain, dizziness, like motion sickness. It was hard to even have a conversation, it was too exhausting, and nausea so bad I could barely keep broth down. I couldn't think well enough to carry out a thought and stomach and esophagus were constantly burning. I don't how I kept waking up every day. Long story short, I was diagnosed with too high ratio copper to zinc (iron was low but in range). Also had a selenium deficiency. My doctor prescribed a zinc and selenium supplement and it was practically a miracle, I was back working full time within weeks, and regained my full strength within about 6 months. So zinc is definitely playing into this somehow but it's hard to supp and keep from getting too much, my doctor is monitoring my levels.
I have been taking B1 for neuropathy, I take 10 drops Energin 2x per day, plus a few drops of B12. I have severe Polycystic ovary syndrome so I take inositol, progesterone, and pregnenolone... I have to or else the pain is disabling. I also take egg shell calcium with magnesium and K2. Oh and 1 gram of Glycine per ounce of muscle meal. For Rx's I take Levothyroxine and levothyroxine.
I'll be upping my red meat for sure, thank you for these tips!

agreed, id try glycine on its own first tho. youll see pretty quickly if it helps
I take this already. I can't say I notice a difference one way or another. I mainly take it to balance out the aminos in muscle meat.

have you done a course of antibiotics to see if that helps? A few weeks of one often helps clear up gut issues for people. Seems like it might help if you are otherwise in good health.

I've been considering that. I don't know if I can get my doc to prescribe any of the safe ones though.

Vins7

Wow. This explains a lot! Thank for taking the time to spell it out for me. I definitely have issues with methionine, I hadn't considered the role of histadine in the matter, it makes sense.
Since quitting eggs I have upped my intake of both steak and hamburgers.
I eat a lot of fat free chicken and use ghee or coconut for cooking. Also cod fish and fat free tuna. For carbs I eat bananas, dates, grapes, oj, apples (usually as applesauce), and any seasonal fruit that looks good. Daily carrot salad and sometimes bamboo shoots. Coffee 2x/day and occasionally allergen free chocolate.
I have a BCAA plus amino acid blend (haduit's recipe, minus the taurine) that I take for extra protein. I can only eat so much meat.
About a year ago I was severely I'll. Bed ridden for the most part, flu like symptoms, severe abdominal pain, dizziness, like motion sickness. It was hard to even have a conversation, it was too exhausting, and nausea so bad I could barely keep broth down. I couldn't think well enough to carry out a thought and stomach and esophagus were constantly burning. I don't how I kept waking up every day. Long story short, I was diagnosed with too high ratio copper to zinc (iron was low but in range). Also had a selenium deficiency. My doctor prescribed a zinc and selenium supplement and it was practically a miracle, I was back working full time within weeks, and regained my full strength within about 6 months. So zinc is definitely playing into this somehow but it's hard to supp and keep from getting too much, my doctor is monitoring my levels.
I have been taking B1 for neuropathy, I take 10 drops Energin 2x per day, plus a few drops of B12. I have severe Polycystic ovary syndrome so I take inositol, progesterone, and pregnenolone... I have to or else the pain is disabling. I also take egg shell calcium with magnesium and K2. Oh and 1 gram of Glycine per ounce of muscle meal. For Rx's I take Levothyroxine and levothyroxine.
I'll be upping my red meat for sure, thank you for these tips!

I take this already. I can't say I notice a difference one way or another. I mainly take it to balance out the aminos in muscle meat.

I've been considering that. I don't know if I can get my doc to prescribe any of the safe ones though.
How did check your mineral deficiences?
What kind of test did you do?

OP
Zpol

Zpol

My doctor did the following tests...
Copper assay
Zinc, plasma
Ceruloplasmin
Ferritin, serum
Iron/TIBC panel

She also did homocysteine (it was high, hence why I now take B12), liver panel, and CBC.

Andman

Have you considered a possible overgrowth of sulfur reducing bacteria in your gut? could explain the reactions to eggs for example

Spartan300

I don't want to derail this thread but I have been taking a carbonic anhydrase inhibitor for elevated eye pressures.
Could this be causing some of the digestion problems I am having?
@redsun

Andman

I don't want to derail this thread but I have been taking a carbonic anhydrase inhibitor for elevated eye pressures.
@redsun

I remember haidut posting that high IOP is a big indicator of high PUFA, so thats the direction id start looking

Spartan300

Thanks @Andman I'd not seen that. I've been eliminating PUFA for the last 4 years but I'd had decades of consumption prior to that.

redsun

@redsun

Its possible. If you started having more digestive issues around the same time you started it that could be an indication.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals