How I Cured My Sibo/ Digestive Issues

Healed1

I really hope this helps someone! I suffered 12 long years with digestive problems. My entire 30's were spent at the hospital, Dr. Office, health food store buying every supplement they had for digestion. I am finally better it took 3 weeks. My personal belief is that sibo and digestive issues are a symptom not the cause. What do I mean? Underlying issues, allergies, mental / emotional stress, wrong eating. First, whoever or whatever is causing you tension or anxiety has to go!!!! Second, I adopted an animal flesh free diet for two weeks. I found out the fat from these meats can be trapped in the bloodstream and cause a host of problems. Three, over the counter allegy meds. This was a challenge because I was already gluten free, dairy free, and sugar free. So that doesn't leave much to eat. I ate fruits, vegetables, rice noodles, potatoes ( white and sweet). I bought pea protein powder to make protein shakes. The powder I used had 30gr protein, 6gr branched chain amino acids, 6gr glutamine whichs heals repair intestinal lining. In addition, I purchased creatine monohydrate and took 6gr per day ( one tsp). I didn't take a multi vitamin. Only other thing I took regularly was magnesium, Omega 3 from ground flax, ( if you're a man I would take fish oil, flax has estrogen) and B12. I used to take about 12 different supplents per day to manage my symptoms. After 2 weeks I decided to eat some gluten, I waited for the problems to start. Nothing. I ate gluten again. No problem. I slowly started to try some other things I couldn't eat like nuts. No problem. I continue to eat a low fat, high complex carb diet. The candida is gone. I wake up with energy. My mind is clear no anxiety meds or supplements. I'm healed. Try this. I hope it helps. I look and feel fantastic. Wishing you wellness!

Last edited:

Peatful

Hi. Welcome to the forum.

I need clarity.

Did you stop or start over the counter allergy meds? Which one?

Xisca

I found out the fat from these meats can be trapped in the bloodstream and cause a host of problems.
This is not clear either for me... as I cannot imagine the fat passing from the food direct to the bloodstream... nor be trapped.
Meat-free can mean that the problem was protein digestion too, either stomach acid or pancreas...
Can you explain more please?
And welcome!

OP
H

Healed1

Hi. Welcome to the forum.

I need clarity.

Did you stop or start over the counter allergy meds? Which one?
Sorry, I didn' t make it clear. I started taking Claritin which can help stop immune reactions from undigested food.

OP
H

Healed1

This is not clear either for me... as I cannot imagine the fat passing from the food direct to the bloodstream... nor be trapped.
Meat-free can mean that the problem was protein digestion too, either stomach acid or pancreas...
Can you explain more please?
And welcome!
Sorry, I will try to be more clear. The documentary " What the Health" explains this misunderstood phenomenon. Also, videos from youtube also explains this. I wish I could post a link, but I'm new to the forum and not allowed to post links just yet. You are right, the problem does stem from the lack of ability to digest fats properly. But once your system is overloaded with undigested fat it can move past the intestines into the blood stream and become systemic. It then produces systemic illnesses like candida yeast, bacteria, diabetes, crohns, gluten and other intolerances. It then becomes a treadmill of doctor visits that only address these "symptoms". Before the diet I was fatigued, vitamin deficient, in chronic pain for no reason, gluten intolerant and would react badly to nuts, sugar, and dairy. I didn't have any negative reactions from meat. That's why I never would have guessed meat or fat was the problem. The diet consists of two weeks no gluten, no animal flesh, no dairy, no added sugar or pre-bottled juice. Drink lots of pure water, vegan protein shakes, fresh juices and smoothies, veggies, fruit, rice noodles. After the diet, I eat lean cuts of chicken about twice per week. I mostly eat seafood, veggies, fruit and complex carbs and nuts. I can now eat gluten and nuts. Yaay! All I can say is I tried the protocol listed in my original post and it changed my life. I was about to give up, but now I can work all day and not be tired. I eat anything I want in moderation. I look younger and feel younger. I struggled for 12 years, I tried everything else. Spent more money then I care to count. I've not been sick a day since. I just thought I would share this info. I want everyone to know what it's like to feel good.

Last edited:
OP
H

Healed1

Just to be clear my protocol was as follows:

Water throughout the day.

Morning:
Vegan protein shake w/ almond milk
Creatine monohydrate
Flax
B12
Claritin
Brown rice, or quinoa, bananas, etc.

Snack
Protein bar, Apple, etc.

Lunch
Salad, or stir fry. Fresh vegtable juice.

Dinner
Black bean burger, mashed potatoes, string beans, protein shake w/ almond milk.

Magnesium before bed.
Repeat 14 days

Xisca

That's why I never would have guessed meat or fat was the problem.
Though it does not mean everybody with digestive issues will have this, it is worth knowing that it is possible!
As you said, you had no direct issue with meat, but indirect issues with other things.
Thanks for informing!

Mjhl85

Thanks for sharing.
If possible, can you step on a stool, hold me upside down by my shins and shake me until my doubt about how you found the forum comes out?
+1
telling you, its become a huge problem lately with these types coming out of the wood work onto this forum.

Soundios

I really hope this helps someone! I suffered 12 long years with digestive problems. My entire 30's were spent at the hospital, Dr. Office, health food store buying every supplement they had for digestion. I am finally better it took 3 weeks. My personal belief is that sibo and digestive issues are a symptom not the cause. What do I mean? Underlying issues, allergies, mental / emotional stress, wrong eating. First, whoever or whatever is causing you tension or anxiety has to go!!!! Second, I adopted an animal flesh free diet for two weeks. I found out the fat from these meats can be trapped in the bloodstream and cause a host of problems. Three, over the counter allegy meds. This was a challenge because I was already gluten free, dairy free, and sugar free. So that doesn't leave much to eat. I ate fruits, vegetables, rice noodles, potatoes ( white and sweet). I bought pea protein powder to make protein shakes. The powder I used had 30gr protein, 6gr branched chain amino acids, 6gr glutamine whichs heals repair intestinal lining. In addition, I purchased creatine monohydrate and took 6gr per day ( one tsp). I didn't take a multi vitamin. Only other thing I took regularly was magnesium, Omega 3 from ground flax, ( if you're a man I would take fish oil, flax has estrogen) and B12. I used to take about 12 different supplents per day to manage my symptoms. After 2 weeks I decided to eat some gluten, I waited for the problems to start. Nothing. I ate gluten again. No problem. I slowly started to try some other things I couldn't eat like nuts. No problem. I continue to eat a low fat, high complex carb diet. The candida is gone. I wake up with energy. My mind is clear no anxiety meds or supplements. I'm healed. Try this. I hope it helps. I look and feel fantastic. Wishing you wellness!

Thanks for the info, it may help to heal some people. However, the type of diet you are prescribing is actually what led to the downfall of my health. Just another example to me of how one diet may work for some but not for others.

Xisca

You are right, the problem does stem from the lack of ability to digest fats properly. But once your system is overloaded with undigested fat it can move past the intestines into the blood stream and become systemic. It then produces systemic illnesses like candida yeast, bacteria, diabetes, crohns, gluten and other intolerances.
What were you signs showing that you did not digest fats properly?
For example, I have had a urine organic acids test, and this showed I had problems with metabolism of sugars, but not of fats at all.
I have some SIBO signs, and this test showed it too!
And I cannot eat gluten.
I have some intolerance and can be bloated, but I do not have allergic reactions. Are allergies a characteristic of the symtoms that you had and are now gone?
Anyway congratulations and profit of your happyness!

MaxMaximus

From my own personal experience, mental stress would interrupt my production of energy and ultimately my digestive functions. It isn't always a big change of diet that helps but like you said, getting away from certain people (let's just call it a stressful environment) can be quite therapeutic. When I'm out with friends I can eat ice cream, tons of fruit, meat, rice, whatever with no issues... but if I'm bored or stressed out sitting in the house or at work, all of that food seems to digest much slower leading to bloat and just feeling tired in general. I'm not saying don't supplement to help yourself but try certain foods that cause you issues in a different environment to see if there's a difference in your digestion

Ella

Forum Supporter
@Healed1 that is excellent news, so glad you discover the fix. Yes so true the problem of undigested fats. If you get a stool test, it will tell just how much undigested fat there is. Everyone points the finger at gluten but really is it the gluten if these people are healed and able to eat everything again including the gluten? I think big pork pies are being told.

Xisca

If you get a stool test, it will tell just how much undigested fat there is.
Wouldn't they float if they contain fat?
And be light coloured?

michael94

Wouldn't they float if they contain fat?
And be light coloured?
it will float if there is a lot of it. Also undigested fat in stools tends to have a uniquely foul smell ( depends on transit time ). Yes light colored usually but not always.

Xisca

Thanks for precisions Mic! If somebody can confirm that the organic acids test tells it all about fat digestion... or maybe it is only fat metabolism, I have to check out!
But can you have a good fat metabolism and a bad fat digestion?

michael94

Thanks for precisions Mic! If somebody can confirm that the organic acids test tells it all about fat digestion... or maybe it is only fat metabolism, I have to check out!
But can you have a good fat metabolism and a bad fat digestion?

The intestinal cells can use the fatty acids for energy. Commonly it is said that the reason fat helps digestion is that it increases bile output this is not necessarily correct. People with the least bile output tend to do the worst with low fat foods especially raw vegetables and those kinds of things. They will crave very well cooked things with some fat like potato chips or cooked/pureed vegetables with some fat...they will need to add lots of olive oil to their bread to be palatable. etc.
I think OP was in a much better state than some others that have digestion problems. "Sibo/digestive issues" can vary widely... It is a very valuable anecdote regardless

Xisca

Commonly it is said that the reason fat helps digestion is that it increases bile output this is not necessarily correct. People with the least bile output tend to do the worst with low fat foods especially raw vegetables and those kinds of things. They will crave very well cooked things with some fat like potato chips or cooked/pureed vegetables with some fat...they will need to add lots of olive oil
That's me...
I do feel better since lowering coco oil and coming back to good ol' olive oil!
coconut do not use bile I read recently?
In a few days I had brown stools again, with o.o. + OJ 1st thing in the morning, not bad....
then dendelion and chicory with o.o. and cider vinegar before meals.

J

James IV

I'm glad you are doing better.
I actually cured my severe digestive issues (like full body bacterial infections, extreme constipation ,and losing pints of blood in my stool) doing almost exactly the opposite of what you did.

Shows that health issues are complicated and extremely varied as to causation.

OP
H

Healed1

I'm glad you are doing better.
I actually cured my severe digestive issues (like full body bacterial infections, extreme constipation ,and losing pints of blood in my stool) doing almost exactly the opposite of what you did.

Shows that health issues are complicated and extremely varied as to causation.
Very True. I tried every diet and supplent to help. But this was my fix. Glad you're better!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals