Is There A Common Cause For Chronic Gut Issues?

Queequeg

What herbs exactly helped as good as an antibiotic did?
Allicin, Neem, oregano, berberine, cinnamon. I think you are supposed to take 2 or 3 at a time at max dose and then rotate them.

EIRE24

Allicin, Neem, oregano, berberine, cinnamon. I think you are supposed to take 2 or 3 at a time at max does and then rotate them.[/QUOT
Thank you. I will look into this

Sorry I messed up the above reply. Stupid phone. Thanks. I will look into the herbs

Last edited by a moderator:

LucH

How would you moderate inflammation?
Do you mean antigens as in immune reactions to specific foods or something else? Because I've had tests done with common foods and I don't react to any of them.

Is the book you're reading called, The end of pain by Jacqueline Lagaće?

1. At first, I’d dampen the bacterial overgrowth. Not obliged but preferably. 2 months with capsules of essential oils, such as thyme, rosemary, mint, cinnamon, etc. Then a month with reconstituting elements, such as glutamine, aloe vera, specific prebiotics and probiotics. See Bruno Donatini for examples.

At the end of the first 4 – 6 weeks, I’d take bowsellia serrata, once a day, at the beginning. With aloe vera (not pasteurized). To fight inflammation.

If it’s ok, I go on, afterwards (12 - 18 weeks after begininnig) with another anti-inflammatory, well accepted. 250 mg curcumine but bound to a carrier (lecithin or phytosome). Only if remission.

http://www.nutrixeal.fr/PBSCCatalog.asp?ItmID=7533469

Make a Google search with “Curcumin Phytosome”.

NB: If you don’t change your association (food), you won’t be able to attenuate inflammation of enterocytes. The tight junctions of the intestinal walls will not work well. Some food open the tight junctions and are dose dependent (e.g. solanine).

It is important to understand that it is necessary to act in several directions at the same time: overgrowth – inflammation - digestion and rebuild. Get informed first.

I would add a relaxation technique (sophrology or EFT).

2. Well, in SIBO, there no immune reaction, not yet. Just an irritable bowel. But when the junctions are open and undigested protein enters the blood circulation, it could turn into an auto-immune reaction. It depends on the frequency and the genetics (30 %). The microbe is nothing; the ground makes the difference, as said Antoine Béchamp.

NB: The tests are not reliable. They test 2 types of gliadins, among which alpha-gliadin. If you’re sensitive to another type (there are six types, I believe), the test won’t mention it. Logical. Take into account what you feel and not what is said by the test.

3. “The end of pain” is the old book. There is a new one, much more explicit about dysbiosis, probiotics and the causes (with sources).

=> "Une alimentation ciblée pour préserver et améliorer la santé de l’intestin". jacqueline Lagacé

https://www.amazon.ca/ALIMENTATION-CIBL%C3%89E-PR%C3%89SERVER-RETROUVER-LINTESTIN/dp/2762140269/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1481039484&sr=1-1

GAF

All I know is that after 40 years of problematic pooping, in 2007, I found myself with a large colon cancer tumor among other near death problems. Went thru surgeries, then chemo and was still basically unable to breathe over a year later. Fruit changed everything. Pooping became light and airy and huge and clean and I healed up at a very very rapid rate. Now, I am far better than I have ever been at any age. I am 60.

EIRE24

All I know is that after 40 years of problematic pooping, in 2007, I found myself with a large colon cancer tumor among other near death problems. Went thru surgeries, then chemo and was still basically unable to breathe over a year later. Fruit changed everything. Pooping became light and airy and huge and clean and I healed up at a very very rapid rate. Now, I am far better than I have ever been at any age. I am 60.
All you eat is fruit?

GAF

95% back then for 18 months or so. now, fairly peaty with some vit e to make up for eating out. it was great for my healing process. i was pretty far gone. sometimes, i will do it for a week. i feel so much cleaner when i do.

EIRE24

95% back then for 18 months or so. now, fairly peaty with some vit e to make up for eating out. it was great for my healing process. i was pretty far gone. sometimes, i will do it for a week. i feel so much cleaner when i do.
What kind of fruit?

GAF

I wasn't picky. Whatever my gf picked out and cut up, we ate. Sprouts was the store of choice. some organic. some not. she washed it all thoroughly.

managing

You've heard a million approaches already, what's one more?

I was fighting SIBO something awful. Tried a lot of different things. They caused such massive die-off that I just couldn't handle them. So I arrived at colostrum, lactofetrrin, and caprylic acid. I took them three times a day on an empty stomach after breakfast, lunch and dinner. Basically, around the time I would start to get endotoxin symptoms and feel weak and hungry, I took one of each. Calmed me, took the edge off endotoxin, etc.

After three months of this, I decided to try to attack the overgrowth again. I used Saccharomyces boulardii. Its a non-colonizing hyper aggressive yeast. It kills everything and takes over. It sounds horrible, but other than die-off, its a wonder substance that has been used to protect from deadly cholera, C. dificile, E coli, etc, for decades. The beauty is, when you stop taking it, it dies and leaves the system.

I definitely had some die-off, but after 3 months of the above, it was tolerable. After about 5-6 days, I could feel my ileocecal valve was no longer inflamed and spasming and my cramps were gone. Bowel activity was quite comfortable. After about 10 days I noticed that my stamina was reduced. After 17 days I started to feel a general malaise/melancholy. I attribute this to a likely disruption of mineral adsorption by the boulardii. I decided to stop at this point with the boulardii supplementation. I had some die-off symptoms from the boulardii dying off. I should have tapered instead of quitting cold turkey perhaps. But it only lasted ~2 days.

Hopefully it has had enough time kill off everything in the small intestine. I am optimistic it did, just because everything seems to be feeling good. I am only a few days past that. Once I am sure all of the boulardii is out of my system 5-7 days, I am going to take Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG (Culturelle). Research suggests that it makes the intestinal wall hydrophobic which somehow inhibits some of the more undesirable bacteria from gaining a hold. I'll do that for a week or so (?) to try to get things back to normal.

EDIT: And I continued the lacto/colo/caprylic regimen all through the boulardii phase and will continue it for an unknown amount of time. Its definitely doing something good for metabolism/immunity. As someone above said, the ultimate goal is to not use supplements. But I would advise ignoring that for now. Anxiety over supplements will not aid you in getting from point a to point b.

Tourist

Would be interested to hear the frequency of use with the sulphur!

My personal take is that so many are dealing with chronic gut issues due to genetically modified foods in the marketplace. Plus all the crops being spraying with glyphosate as a pesticide. It's sick what tptb are doing to our food supply. Even with choosing organic food, you have to be concerned with cross contamination. I've mentioned this ad naseum on the forum, but organic sulfur crystals really helped my gut issues.

EIRE24

Also phages may be helpful.
Yes. I emailed peat about this and he seemed to think they were helpful and safe. I'm not sure the mechanism behind why or not but I asked if he thought it would help with my acne and he seemed to think it would?

OP
ATP

ATP

I tried the phages and it didn't do anything. Waste of money.

LukeL

I have been recently heating up gelatin protein in water until it becomes a thick liquid and then drinking it with orange juice (for taste). My digestion is much better - WARNING TMI - also I can tell it has greatly reduced endotoxin because when I wipe it is way less messy. When I was taking antibiotics for several weeks it had the same effect after going to the bathroom. This is clearly anecdotal but its crazy how clean going to the bathroom is when taking gelatin and how that mirrors when I took antibiotics (also, I used to blend the powder in a smoothie and it didn't render this effect - only when I HEATED the gelatin up did my digestion improve)

EIRE24

I have been recently heating up gelatin protein in water until it becomes a thick liquid and then drinking it with orange juice (for taste). My digestion is much better - WARNING TMI - also I can tell it has greatly reduced endotoxin because when I wipe it is way less messy. When I was taking antibiotics for several weeks it had the same effect after going to the bathroom. This is clearly anecdotal but its crazy how clean going to the bathroom is when taking gelatin and how that mirrors when I took antibiotics (also, I used to blend the powder in a smoothie and it didn't render this effect - only when I HEATED the gelatin up did my digestion improve)
You are saying anti biotics helped your digestion also?

LukeL

You are saying anti biotics helped your digestion also?
yes it definitely reduced chronic gas that I had for years - I took 2 weeks of penicillin and then a couple months later I took 2 weeks of minocycline - I assume I had some bacteria overgrowth because after the antibiotics I no longer had gas (I used to wake up every morning, for years, with seemingly endless amounts of gas)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals