Leaky Gut n Brain/Candida/Digestion issues with all Supplements & most foods

conrad0602

In
Oof, thats a long time....might just wait till the weekend hits so i can grab a pressure cooker and save time, till then will grab the ingredients. I think an instant pot should work unless you have other recommendations.

Agree, many folks have actually called him out for the exact reason you stated, and I dont blame them nor you. Perhaps he had a bad experience with it then went on a tangent lol. At then end of the day, all comes down to how unique everyone's body's are....not a one size fits all kind of thing. I am glad it worked for you : )
Couldn't agree more mate, it's all really individual. Perceive, think, act ?

Instant pots what I have and it's been great. Can do all sorts of things in it and it takes less time and you can leave it and do other things. happy days!

karw

You could try GojiManStore, he does private consultation and has helped a lot of people with gut issues. Check out his youtube channel for testimonials: https://www.youtube.com/c/GojiManNutrition

You can write him an email explaining your problems. He is properly going to recommend you to do all the tests guessing on what I see you are dealing with. If you want proper consultation from him, you have to do the test because the consultations are mainly based on those test results.

OP
R

Reemaway

You could try GojiManStore, he does private consultation and has helped a lot of people with gut issues. Check out his youtube channel for testimonials: https://www.youtube.com/c/GojiManNutrition

You can write him an email explaining your problems. He is properly going to recommend you to do all the tests guessing on what I see you are dealing with. If you want proper consultation from him, you have to do the test because the consultations are mainly based on those test results.
I remember binge watching his videos earlier this year and last year as he gives some really great advice. Unfortunately, he is UK based and doesn't ship internationally....unless I think he doesn't. In the meantime, will e-mail him and see if he can and explain the situation.

OP
R

Reemaway

told my doc i want it as travel remedy, planning to go abroad, then he gave me a private recipe which i had to cover (doxycycline). I just took normal flowers of sulphur in high grade purity, nothing special. there is a thread with a discussion about which form is best.
Glyphosate can also disturb sulfur related things, i feel like it had a positive systemic effect on me.
Agree on the glyphosate.....I really believe that was a huge proponent to my gut deterioration as I was raised on gluten....low quality gluten. I will see if I can get my hands of the flower of Sulphur, thanks for linking the thread! Thats crazy how easy you were able to get doxycycline.....its like im talking to a brick wall everytime I try to explain anything to the traditional gastro or other doc. Will test my luck again when that time comes. I am also thinking about taking some sort of colon cleanse / the cleaner.....as I know I am backed up. I am bloated most of the time from eating anything it seems, feels like foods sitting, which then causes psoriasis flare ups and massive brain fog/headaches. Whenever I try mag citrate, especially the disgusting castor oil (gagging just thinking about it)....I finally get a cleanout for the most part, and feel somewhat better.....so I know slow gut motility and transit time could also be a big reason to some of my symptoms. I would rather have diarrhea than constipation. Neeed to find a long term solution rather than short term castor oil. Senna and cascara do nothing. Going to give some other herbs a try in the meantime.

OP
R

Reemaway

In

Couldn't agree more mate, it's all really individual. Perceive, think, act ?

Instant pots what I have and it's been great. Can do all sorts of things in it and it takes less time and you can leave it and do other things. happy days!
Sweet, got the instant pot and whipping up some soothing stuff. I have found, and just realized that I have slow gut motility/transit time...where the great amount of foods I can eat, would not expel in any decent amount....constipation.....leading to a great deal of other symptoms I am sure. No matter how "peaty" i cook, like carrot salad, it does not help. I know I am backed up. I am bloated most of the time from eating anything it seems, feels like foods sitting, which then causes psoriasis flare ups and massive brain fog/headaches when I eat most foods, adding to the bacterial trapped gas emitting inside of me. Whenever I try mag citrate, especially the disgusting castor oil (gagging just thinking about it)....I finally get a cleanout for the most part, and feel somewhat better.....so I know slow gut motility and transit time could also be a big reason to some of my symptoms. I would rather have diarrhea than constipation lol. Neeed to find a long term solution rather than short term castor oil. Senna and cascara do nothing. Going to give some other herbs a try in the meantime. I do recall now, that when I used to eat meat, It was at a time when I was regular. So I feel if I can fix this constipation, get things moving, it can get rid of the toxins, clear pathways for healing, etc. I am also thinking about taking some sort of colon cleanse / the cleaner. Will update if anything seems or comes out promising

mostlylurking

Hi all, Male in his early 20’s here. Been lurking and viewing over the past years, but finally decided to make an account to talk about an issue I feel not only myself, but others in this community have battled with or are currently facing. Backstory - Huge athlete over the past years and underwent a lot of stress. Trying to get back into being more active but my symptoms and recovery time from when I do workout are making it really hard. Over the past years, I have been running out of foods to eat, same goes with supplements....that don’t cause acne, brain fog/headaches, congestion, bloating, psoriasis/dandruff, constipation, and biggest being joint pain/arthritis. Since having a really bad case of "Covid" last year, it seems my internal system aged 10 years in time, and constant headaches from protein of any sorts. Reg docs I went to just say it’s fine and bloodwork is all normal. Gastro did an endoscopy and saw everything was fine. The foods I react to are any grains/legumes, green veggies (cruciferous) and dairy and eggs (even pasture raised), and all meat.....yup, all meat, even grass fed n finished.....same with seafood. I cut out protein....headaches go away, psoriasis goes away in 1-2 days.....only downside...probably longer recovery time from when I am active.

I’ve heard of so many people going down the path of getting to the root of problem, but I honestly dished thousands over the years to supplements, probiotics, ox bile, enzymes, antimicrobials, naturopaths, etc. Countless Supplements, tried them, individually, and synergistically, make me feel terrible, even low doses, especially probiotics (tried SBO’s and refrigerated ones) gives me joint pain and flares up my dandruff/psoriasis. I can surprisingly handle potatoes with ease, along with olive oil, even some macadamia nuts, and seedless fruits (low fodmap), and some herbs.....but protein of any sort turns me into a migraine and psoriasis machine. Makes me wonder if I really have candida? Saturated fat from meat or coconut oil makes me feel awful....monounsaturated fat from Olive/avocado oil does little to no harm it seems.

Usually the first sign of when I eat grains/beans/dairy is debilitating stiff pain in my wrists and other joints...and then the puffy look in face/body as if I gained like 5-10 pounds overnight next day. Brain fog. Even hair loss/hair thinning/scalp itching starts to occur, especially with Dairy....acne and cysts galore. Seems I am am hormonally sensitive too. Definitely learned the hard way that when one has an autoimmune condition, not all calories, whether it be from carbs, fats, or proteins.... are the same when digested. It’s just really frustrating at times that I used to be able to eat most foods fine growing up, but I know the damage I probably did to my body from over supplementing and being a high-stress athlete. What’s keeping me going is the pain free side of this elimination diet, and mental clarity I get. keeps me somewhat grounded, but at times, I just recall and wish. Lol, this diet unironically is very similar to the diet the "Vegetable Police" is on (channel on YouTube)....potato as starch, some veg and fruit.....only thing he is missing is oil.

If anyone knows of any good tips, advice, or is going through something similar, I created this thread for awareness, so feel free to share! As I stated in another thread, I have found peace of mind dropping all supplements, and peace from most of my symptoms by staying true to the elimination diet that works for me. Every now and then, when I feel optimistic, I get back into researching and asking, and if something seems promising or the dots align, I might give it a shot. Learned that Life's precious, do and eat what works for you, stay hopeful, and tread on with gratefulness.
A lot of the symptoms you mention sound like a problem with thiamine deficiency to me. Thiamine deficiency symptoms and leaky gut symptoms can get all tangled up with each other because thiamine and magnesium are needed to maintain gut integrity. I've had a lot of the symptoms you describe; high dose thiamine hcl solved the problems for me.

I experienced many years of many food allergies/sensitivities, strong gluten sensitivity, leaky gut, SIBO, joint inflammation, diagnosis of rheumatoid arthritis, etc. These have all pretty much resolved because of the thiamine hcl supplementation.

Here are a few articles for your consideration:

Last edited:

karw

I remember binge watching his videos earlier this year and last year as he gives some really great advice. Unfortunately, he is UK based and doesn't ship internationally....unless I think he doesn't. In the meantime, will e-mail him and see if he can and explain the situation.
You can buy the test from anywhere. He just needs to know the results

OP
R

Reemaway

A lot of the symptoms you mention sound like a problem with thiamine deficiency to me. Thiamine deficiency symptoms and leaky gut symptoms can get all tangled up with each other because thiamine and magnesium are needed to maintain gut integrity. I've had a lot of the symptoms you describe; high dose thiamine hcl solved the problems for me.

I experienced many years of many food allergies/sensitivities, strong gluten sensitivity, leaky gut, SIBO, joint inflammation, diagnosis of rheumatoid arthritis, etc. These have all pretty much resolved because of the thiamine hcl supplementation.

Here are a few articles for your consideration:

Thanks for all the info! I do recall trying Thiamine HCL, with no effect other than feeling a bit worse and foggy. with some headaches. What dose did you take?.... and what type of magnesium did you pair it with, as well as how many mg of Mag?

Kykeon

Agree on the glyphosate.....I really believe that was a huge proponent to my gut deterioration as I was raised on gluten....low quality gluten. I will see if I can get my hands of the flower of Sulphur, thanks for linking the thread! Thats crazy how easy you were able to get doxycycline.....its like im talking to a brick wall everytime I try to explain anything to the traditional gastro or other doc. Will test my luck again when that time comes. I am also thinking about taking some sort of colon cleanse / the cleaner.....as I know I am backed up. I am bloated most of the time from eating anything it seems, feels like foods sitting, which then causes psoriasis flare ups and massive brain fog/headaches. Whenever I try mag citrate, especially the disgusting castor oil (gagging just thinking about it)....I finally get a cleanout for the most part, and feel somewhat better.....so I know slow gut motility and transit time could also be a big reason to some of my symptoms. I would rather have diarrhea than constipation. Neeed to find a long term solution rather than short term castor oil. Senna and cascara do nothing. Going to give some other herbs a try in the meantime.
try around asking if there is a doctor who wants to make money, easily gives out recipes. doc holiday exists everywhere, i know people who get very wild things per prescription. bodybuilders are often very good at finding those doctors, sport-medicine docs are often very liberal in their prescriptions.

mostlylurking

Thanks for all the info! I do recall trying Thiamine HCL, with no effect other than feeling a bit worse and foggy. with some headaches. What dose did you take?.... and what type of magnesium did you pair it with, as well as how many mg of Mag?
I found that my personal optimal dose of thiamine hcl is 2 grams/day, taken with water (never juice) in two divided doses, one in the morning and one in the afternoon, never later than 5:00pm, but at 3:00pm is better. I spent about 3 months working up to that high dose. After 2 days on the 2 grams/day, my digestive tract normalized. Thiamine deficiency causes low stomach acid and slow/no gut motility which sets you up for all kinds of gut issues including bacterial overgrowth and candida. This high dose supplementation most likely will be a long term thing for me.

Sugar uses up thiamine. Coffee and tea block its function. These should be spaced at least an hour away from taking thiamine.

Although I did get some pretty impressive initial results from an initial dose of about 300mg thiamine hcl (increased temperature, resolution of lactic acidosis pain within 45 minutes), I had to increase the dose over time (3 months) to get continued improvement. My optimum dose of 2 grams works consistently unless I do something stupid like drink a cup of coffee or eat too much sugar.

I take magnesium glycinate, about 1200mg/day which equals to about 600mg of magnesium.

conrad0602

Sweet, got the instant pot and whipping up some soothing stuff. I have found, and just realized that I have slow gut motility/transit time...where the great amount of foods I can eat, would not expel in any decent amount....constipation.....leading to a great deal of other symptoms I am sure. No matter how "peaty" i cook, like carrot salad, it does not help. I know I am backed up. I am bloated most of the time from eating anything it seems, feels like foods sitting, which then causes psoriasis flare ups and massive brain fog/headaches when I eat most foods, adding to the bacterial trapped gas emitting inside of me. Whenever I try mag citrate, especially the disgusting castor oil (gagging just thinking about it)....I finally get a cleanout for the most part, and feel somewhat better.....so I know slow gut motility and transit time could also be a big reason to some of my symptoms. I would rather have diarrhea than constipation lol. Neeed to find a long term solution rather than short term castor oil. Senna and cascara do nothing. Going to give some other herbs a try in the meantime. I do recall now, that when I used to eat meat, It was at a time when I was regular. So I feel if I can fix this constipation, get things moving, it can get rid of the toxins, clear pathways for healing, etc. I am also thinking about taking some sort of colon cleanse / the cleaner. Will update if anything seems or comes out promising
Sweet, I've got oxtail broth on the go ! Motility issues were huge for me and I think the reason I struggled with chopped mushrooms and why I came up with the soup. It's been really helpful whilst raising metabolism and increasing motility. Easier on the gut and helpful when appetites low. Hope it helps mate.

conrad0602

I've
I found that my personal optimal dose of thiamine hcl is 2 grams/day, taken with water (never juice) in two divided doses, one in the morning and one in the afternoon, never later than 5:00pm, but at 3:00pm is better. I spent about 3 months working up to that high dose. After 2 days on the 2 grams/day, my digestive tract normalized. Thiamine deficiency causes low stomach acid and slow/no gut motility which sets you up for all kinds of gut issues including bacterial overgrowth and candida. This high dose supplementation most likely will be a long term thing for me.

Sugar uses up thiamine. Coffee and tea block its function. These should be spaced at least an hour away from taking thiamine.

Although I did get some pretty impressive initial results from an initial dose of about 300mg thiamine hcl (increased temperature, resolution of lactic acidosis pain within 45 minutes), I had to increase the dose over time (3 months) to get continued improvement. My optimum dose of 2 grams works consistently unless I do something stupid like drink a cup of coffee or eat too much sugar.

I take magnesium glycinate, about 1200mg/day which equals to about 600mg of magnesium.
Seen your recommendations for thiamine HCl. I was apprehensive at first as I've tried so many things over the years but giving it a go now. I'm up to 1.5g in the AM and have noticed subtle but definite improvements in digestion, motility, lactic acid and brain fog. My mood and stress resilience seems a little better too. Its subtle but it's there. Appreciated mate

mostlylurking

I've

Seen your recommendations for thiamine HCl. I was apprehensive at first as I've tried so many things over the years but giving it a go now. I'm up to 1.5g in the AM and have noticed subtle but definite improvements in digestion, motility, lactic acid and brain fog. My mood and stress resilience seems a little better too. Its subtle but it's there. Appreciated mate
That's great news! I'm so glad you are seeing improvement with it.

A suggestion: I think it helps to split your daily amount into two doses because it is a water soluble vitamin so it gets gets excreted pretty quick. The problem with taking it in the evening is that it tends to lower blood sugar and if you are asleep when that happens the rise in adrenaline will wake you up.

conrad0602

That's great news! I'm so glad you are seeing improvement with it.

A suggestion: I think it helps to split your daily amount into two doses because it is a water soluble vitamin so it gets gets excreted pretty quick. The problem with taking it in the evening is that it tends to lower blood sugar and if you are asleep when that happens the rise in adrenaline will wake you up.
Sweet yeah I was thinking I would work up to 1.5g am first and then try introducing a 3pm dose and working up ☺️?

mostlylurking

Sweet yeah I was thinking I would work up to 1.5g am first and then try introducing a 3pm dose and working up ☺️?
I found the information on Dr. Costantini's site very helpful:
HDT Therapy He used thiamine hcl for his Parkinson's Disease patients. There's some helpful practical information at this link and also at his FAQ's. I also found his research papers helpful too; they are hiding under Blog Posts.

OP
R

Reemaway

I appreciate the transparency. I’m not going to lie, I’m a bit scared of using magnesium again as it gives me the same reaction to calcium supplements.....brain dead/fogginess, headaches, lethargy, even from the smallest dose. I definitely want to titrate up, but I guess my gut or organs aren’t as optimal as they used to be. Trying to improve motility as since I’ve took some castor oil laxative to clear up the constipation, I feel somewhat better. Definitely don’t want to rely on castor oil as it’s super disgusting. Might venture on a short term full body cleanse to target overall organ detox. I’ve also made a connection that spicy foods help me out in the constipation department, as well as my skin. Going to try some cayenne pepper pills before eating, as apple cider vinegar improved very little, or might combine it with ACV. I do recall now that when I took a bunch of supplements years ago without problems.....I ate spicy food daily...and never had a reaction to any supplement because of it. I’m thinking because of the hot environment it creates within the stomach, helps break down stuff, and perhaps even takes care of bad bacteria/fungus.

OP
R

Reemaway

try around asking if there is a doctor who wants to make money, easily gives out recipes. doc holiday exists everywhere, i know people who get very wild things per prescription. bodybuilders are often very good at finding those doctors, sport-medicine docs are often very liberal in their prescriptions.
Good stuff, will see if I can find a naive doc lol. Or a doc that gets very little to no business. Desperation might intake any business. But of course will venture towards sport medicine docs if I get lucky through insurance.

mostlylurking

I appreciate the transparency. I’m not going to lie, I’m a bit scared of using magnesium again as it gives me the same reaction to calcium supplements.....brain dead/fogginess, headaches, lethargy, even from the smallest dose. I definitely want to titrate up, but I guess my gut or organs aren’t as optimal as they used to be. Trying to improve motility as since I’ve took some castor oil laxative to clear up the constipation, I feel somewhat better. Definitely don’t want to rely on castor oil as it’s super disgusting. Might venture on a short term full body cleanse to target overall organ detox. I’ve also made a connection that spicy foods help me out in the constipation department, as well as my skin. Going to try some cayenne pepper pills before eating, as apple cider vinegar improved very little, or might combine it with ACV. I do recall now that when I took a bunch of supplements years ago without problems.....I ate spicy food daily...and never had a reaction to any supplement because of it. I’m thinking because of the hot environment it creates within the stomach, helps break down stuff, and perhaps even takes care of bad bacteria/fungus.
You are suggesting some pretty scary things. Castor oil; full body cleanse; CAYENNE PEPPER (OMG - that would finish me off). I suggest backing way up and rethinking these ideas.

There's a lot to be said for cascara sagrada: Cascara, energy, cancer and the FDA's laxative abuse. That and raw carrots can work wonders. Unless, of course, the problem is that the electrical current is turned off....

If the electrical wiring is not transporting any current, the intestines don't get the message to do anything so they don't do anything. Think of it as a wiring problem. Inflaming the gut with cayenne pepper and vinegar are counter productive. You'll just wind up with an inflammation problem on top of a wiring problem. Focus on the wiring, the nerve impulses, aka the autonomic nervous system.

You might be delighted to learn that Dr. Costantini only had his patients take 75 mg of magnesium once a week, and that was after a three month stint of only taking thiamine hcl with no other supplements at all so that he could confirm that the problem the patient had was thiamine related. Go here HDT Therapy and read up.

Also, spend a little time here Videos Parkinson's Patients before and after treatment - Ultima Edizione.Eu and watch the before and after videos of Dr. Costantini's patients. Each video is very short, less than a minute. Scroll down and start with Bruno. There is a connection between having a history of gut disbiosis and winding up with Parkinson's. Is Gut Dysbiosis an Epicenter of Parkinson's Disease? - PubMed

Also, I found a good paper written by Dr. Chandler Marrs and Dr. Derrick Lonsdale: Hiding in Plain Sight: Modern Thiamine Deficiency I printed it out so I can mark it up. I think you may find this one helpful.

OP
R

Reemaway

You are suggesting some pretty scary things. Castor oil; full body cleanse; CAYENNE PEPPER (OMG - that would finish me off). I suggest backing way up and rethinking these ideas.

There's a lot to be said for cascara sagrada: Cascara, energy, cancer and the FDA's laxative abuse. That and raw carrots can work wonders. Unless, of course, the problem is that the electrical current is turned off....

If the electrical wiring is not transporting any current, the intestines don't get the message to do anything so they don't do anything. Think of it as a wiring problem. Inflaming the gut with cayenne pepper and vinegar are counter productive. You'll just wind up with an inflammation problem on top of a wiring problem. Focus on the wiring, the nerve impulses, aka the autonomic nervous system.

You might be delighted to learn that Dr. Costantini only had his patients take 75 mg of magnesium once a week, and that was after a three month stint of only taking thiamine hcl with no other supplements at all so that he could confirm that the problem the patient had was thiamine related. Go here HDT Therapy and read up.

Also, spend a little time here Videos Parkinson's Patients before and after treatment - Ultima Edizione.Eu and watch the before and after videos of Dr. Costantini's patients. Each video is very short, less than a minute. Scroll down and start with Bruno. There is a connection between having a history of gut disbiosis and winding up with Parkinson's. Is Gut Dysbiosis an Epicenter of Parkinson's Disease? - PubMed

Also, I found a good paper written by Dr. Chandler Marrs and Dr. Derrick Lonsdale: Hiding in Plain Sight: Modern Thiamine Deficiency I printed it out so I can mark it up. I think you may find this one helpful.
It’s some of the only things that comfort me and make me feel normal. I was raised eating spicy foods, and had the best health and bowel movements until I decided to drop it due to “peating”. When I visited South Asia a few years back, saw many elderly folks in great health, even spicing up their teas.

The castor oil was a one time thing recently due to how backed up I was. Still gagging thinking about how I managed to get it down. Cascara and senna did nothing for me and actually backed me up even more, as well as caused psoriasis flare ups. Magnesium oxide or citrate for constipation caused many problems for me in the long run. Developed hypermagnesemia it seemed at the time.

I’m sure I might be band-aiding something, but I’m also considering cayenn’s functionalities. I might not go through with some of the things I stated, but will always consider due to how it makes me feel somewhat normal.

In the past I’ve had a bad habit of over-supplementing, which I’m paying the price for now and trying to chillax and cleanse in a way. I see a lot of stuff constantly being recommended on this forum in large quantities, but most don’t think about the long term effects or how they are causing dependency. Always research the negatives and toxicity levels associated with anything you are taking, look at studies in other countries as well. Of course, a mega dose of something might work for you now, but in the long run can cause problems. I strongly feel the human body does not need so much laxative support from supplements or over the counter stuff, Will of course mess with the body’s natural cycle as well. Figuring out natural ways, macro/micro, herbs, and food balancing, will result in a positive, natural feedback from your body on what’s working and what isn’t.

EOnutrition on YouTube....made a video about managing the side effects from Thiamine, and many folks in the comments followed the recommendations of magnesium and even some b vitamins along with others things, to the T....for months, and saw no improvement. I eat quite a bit of magnesium rich foods, and when I tried thiamine HCL for just 2 weeks on 100mg, I felt terrible. Maybe I didn’t wait long enough or didn’t incorporate something else. I appreciate the thoughtfulness and thoroughness in your findings, it’s just a frustrating not seeing results, and being in a state of negative symptoms, hoping for symptoms to get better, while still trying to be a functioning member of society. I’ll re-attempt this soon once things wind down in my personal and professional life, hoping for a positive change. I am 170lbs, and it Seems that the therapeutic dose is between 2-3grams :/ I am no where near that. I’ll also try magnesium bisglycinate for a change when I try this again, at a super low dose once per week as you mentioned. The problem will be finding a good, starting dose...and eve with the lowest starting dose of 100mg, how long before I start feeling better in order for me to titrate up. God speed to us all

Perry Staltic

Have you tried supplementing with butyrate? If the colonocytes are not getting enough of it for energy, leaky gut with all of its associated problems is likely to result. The normal route for butyrate production is bacterial fermentation of fiber and resistant starch in the large intestine. Haven't read through your whole thread, but I suspect that's not a route you want to take. Butyrate supplementation might prove beneficial without potentially problematic fiber.

Last edited: