Had To Eliminate Yet Another Nutritive Food; How Do I Make This Stop?

OP
Zpol

Zpol

Have you considered a possible overgrowth of sulfur reducing bacteria in your gut? could explain the reactions to eggs for example
No, I haven't. It gives me something else to consider though, so thank you. I do have regular SIBO. It's been non-responsive to Rifaxamin and all herbal antibiotics. I was hoping to resolve it by improving my thyroid and other hormone issues, and following a circadian rhythm diet schedule.
A quick search on sulfur reducing bacteria overgrowth treatment is to eliminate foods including meat and saturated fat, limit fruit, and take ciprofloxacin and pepto-bismal. This can't be right; who could survive and thrive after that treatment lol? @Andman , do you know anything more about this type of overgrowth? Is there an RP way to resolve it? I'm sure RP would agree with minimizing the meat due to the cysteine and methionine but not sure about the rest.

redsun

Thanks @redsun so the zinc/selenium recommendation might also help?

For what specifically? Digestion? Yes zinc is heavily involved in proper digestion. Selenium can raise T3 which indirectly can help digestion. But stopping the CA inhibitor is what would be best. Its kind of futile to try to promote CA with more zinc in effort to improve digestion and also inhibit it at the same time with a drug.

Andman

No, I haven't. It gives me something else to consider though, so thank you. I do have regular SIBO. It's been non-responsive to Rifaxamin and all herbal antibiotics. I was hoping to resolve it by improving my thyroid and other hormone issues, and following a circadian rhythm diet schedule.
A quick search on sulfur reducing bacteria overgrowth treatment is to eliminate foods including meat and saturated fat, limit fruit, and take ciprofloxacin and pepto-bismal. This can't be right; who could survive and thrive after that treatment lol? @Andman , do you know anything more about this type of overgrowth? Is there an RP way to resolve it? I'm sure RP would agree with minimizing the meat due to the cysteine and methionine but not sure about the rest.

Unfortunately i dont know much about it myself, a low sulfur trial of about a week seems to be recommended, as well as adding prebiotics to shift the gut biome in a direction more toward bifido bacteria (non peaty, sry)

i believe Amazoniac has posted about this in other threads quite some time ago

Spartan300

@redsun yes, help with digestion I meant.

I would love to be able to stop using the drops in my eyes but pressures have been too high. I think many of my problems started around the time my eye treatment started.
I've been doing all I can to improve thyroid function as Broda Barnes and others have cited eye pressure/glaucoma can be eliminated with better thyroid function.

AlexR

I had this exact same issue and it was driving me crazy and making life very difficult. Thankfully I was able to fix it with a few months of Buteyko breathing training and can eat basically anything I want without a bad reaction. That’s not to say that you can eat junk food and be healthy, but if you do it won’t make you feel terrible and ruin your day. I would also recommend quitting all of your supplements besides the minerals like magnesium, calcium, zinc, salt etc...

OP
Zpol

Zpol

I had this exact same issue and it was driving me crazy and making life very difficult. Thankfully I was able to fix it with a few months of Buteyko breathing training and can eat basically anything I want without a bad reaction.

That's pretty amazing. Makes sense. I know for me the lack of getting enough CO2 into my cells is very big underlying problem. I have definitely caught myself over-breathing a lot lately due to circumstantial stress. I can't say I heard of such a great result in digestive health from any of the anecdotal stories I've read. I've been doing some of the practices here and there but not religiously for months which it seems that's what it takes to reset the system.

D

danishispsychic

my suggestion is to get off all supplements and do not food restrict ( except for high pufa ). i got to the point from so much restriction that i could not digest anything. if you are taking b12 make sure its methyl - sounds like you have MTHFR gene but that is just a guess. ( be careful of folic acid ) . i told my body that i was just going to eat everything and it had to digest it - and eventually it did. i do take b vitamins once in a while and also D/k2 now and get a butt load of sun. seems like your case would do well with intuitive eating and a lot of sun.

Vins7

my suggestion is to get off all supplements and do not food restrict ( except for high pufa ). i got to the point from so much restriction that i could not digest anything. if you are taking b12 make sure its methyl - sounds like you have MTHFR gene but that is just a guess. ( be careful of folic acid ) . i told my body that i was just going to eat everything and it had to digest it - and eventually it did. i do take b vitamins once in a while and also D/k2 now and get a butt load of sun. seems like your case would do well with intuitive eating and a lot of sun.
what do you mean with intuitive eating?

OP
Zpol

Zpol

I am trying to get off the supplements. I used to be so sick. I literally had to have my parents care for me for 5 years in my 30's because the illness was debilitating. I was stubborn and convinced that supplements were not the answer. I spent a summer with zero restrictions, I ate ice cream, cheese, wine, basically anything and everything I wanted (except gluten due to celiac), and not the junky type stuff with non-food additives, only natural foods. That was right before I became debilitated. I had to sell my house and get rid of all my stuff and move in with my parents. At first I had to sleep on the couch because I couldn't climb the stairs. I started to improve with lots of rest. I was able to eat again and tried to maximize calories and nutrition. I eventually hired RP inspired nutritional counselors to help me tackle my diet without supplements. Had some improvements. But then developed psoriasis and things went back downhill. Ended up in the ER with severe gastritis. I used mental talk when I ate... 'food goes down, food stays down' and I meditated daily, this helped but I was still regurgitating food much of the time, nausea was overwhelming. I had some improvement again but then a few years ago I was debilitated again. My doc recommended the supp's that I listed above and many more. At that point I had nothing left to loose by taking the supplements. Within weeks I was back at work and living my life again. The supp's are not a good idea long term. And I am here looking for ways to fix the underlying issues so that I can get off them and not relapse. Cold turkey doesn't work. A few weeks ago I tried to get off the progesterone, inositol, and pregnenalone, and the pain came back, more severe than ever. I tried to tough it out but it was too much, I was worried the damage to my ovaries would be irreparable. I have passed out from pain before. My parents and husband took me to the ER. They do what ever they want to you there, and pump you full of what ever toxic drugs they want, you do not have control at that point. How do I stop the supp's and not end up like that again?
You are right, the supplements are not good, neither is the restrictive diet. They are a bandaid approach until I figure out a better way. You are also right about the MTHFR, i do have this SNP. I manage it with Methyl B12. I don't take any folic acid or folate, they flare up psoriasis.

Ashoka

what happens when you take cypro, ketotifen, or similar substances?

OP
Zpol

Zpol

what happens when you take cypro, ketotifen, or similar substances?

Actually, I have taken Dramamine and it helped tremendously. I take it as needed. Cypro and ketotifen had side effects for me.

D

danishispsychic

I am trying to get off the supplements. I used to be so sick. I literally had to have my parents care for me for 5 years in my 30's because the illness was debilitating. I was stubborn and convinced that supplements were not the answer. I spent a summer with zero restrictions, I ate ice cream, cheese, wine, basically anything and everything I wanted (except gluten due to celiac), and not the junky type stuff with non-food additives, only natural foods. That was right before I became debilitated. I had to sell my house and get rid of all my stuff and move in with my parents. At first I had to sleep on the couch because I couldn't climb the stairs. I started to improve with lots of rest. I was able to eat again and tried to maximize calories and nutrition. I eventually hired RP inspired nutritional counselors to help me tackle my diet without supplements. Had some improvements. But then developed psoriasis and things went back downhill. Ended up in the ER with severe gastritis. I used mental talk when I ate... 'food goes down, food stays down' and I meditated daily, this helped but I was still regurgitating food much of the time, nausea was overwhelming. I had some improvement again but then a few years ago I was debilitated again. My doc recommended the supp's that I listed above and many more. At that point I had nothing left to loose by taking the supplements. Within weeks I was back at work and living my life again. The supp's are not a good idea long term. And I am here looking for ways to fix the underlying issues so that I can get off them and not relapse. Cold turkey doesn't work. A few weeks ago I tried to get off the progesterone, inositol, and pregnenalone, and the pain came back, more severe than ever. I tried to tough it out but it was too much, I was worried the damage to my ovaries would be irreparable. I have passed out from pain before. My parents and husband took me to the ER. They do what ever they want to you there, and pump you full of what ever toxic drugs they want, you do not have control at that point. How do I stop the supp's and not end up like that again?
You are right, the supplements are not good, neither is the restrictive diet. They are a bandaid approach until I figure out a better way. You are also right about the MTHFR, i do have this SNP. I manage it with Methyl B12. I don't take any folic acid or folate, they flare up psoriasis.
your withdrawal was prob from quitting pregnenolone cold turkey. again, no supps, all food including gluten is my recommendation.
what do you mean with intuitive eating?
eating what you want when you want.

Jennifer

Ended up in the ER with severe gastritis.
Did doctors do an ultrasound on your liver, particularly your gallbladder? Also, apologies if I missed where you mentioned taking thyroid but is that one of the supplements you are taking?

You have my empathy. Your experience is quite similar to mine, even the part about living with your parents in your 30s. My gastritis and food intolerances had gotten so bad that all I could tolerate was really ripe fruit for 3 years, but I'm now thriving on a variety of foods so there's hope! :)

OP
Zpol

Zpol

Did doctors do an ultrasound on your liver, particularly your gallbladder? Also, apologies if I missed where you mentioned taking thyroid but is that one of the supplements you are taking?

You have my empathy. Your experience is quite similar to mine, even the part about living with your parents in your 30s. My gastritis and food intolerances had gotten so bad that all I could tolerate was really ripe fruit for 3 years, but I'm now thriving on a variety of foods so there's hope! :)

That's great news! I truly love to hear success stories.
Yes I'm taking 50 mcg of levothyoxine and 10 mcg of liothyronine.
I did have an ultrasound. Regarding my gallbladder they said 'Mildly contracted gallbladder limiting evaluation' and my liver and bile ducts were 'Normal'. They couldn't see my pancreas due to 'bowel gas' lol. I have torturous colon so that might have been part of the problem, my GI says it's 'big and floppy'. Also, tested for endometriosis which was negative. My doctor is pretty convinced that my problems are all due to PCOS, SIBO, methylation problems, and a deficiency of fat soluble vitamins (she says that I can't absorb the nutrients from food because my intestinal villi are folded over). She wants me to also take Retinol, Vit E, choline, low dose estrogen, and SAMe.

Tzheng2012

Hi there zpol, I feel you with the gut problems. I’ve been working on them myself. It sounds like your taking a lot of supplements. I also started that way; you read and people say this vitamin does this to help with digestion and this vitamin does this and then your having like 5-6 pills with 1 type of vitamin targeting one type of symptom. If I might share and recommend some things I’ve learned in my research to fix my own digestion problems (sometimes sharp pain under my ribs on left side, bloating 1-2 hrs after meals, and lots of gas).

First I’d recommend not taking aspirin. I took a lot of aspirin when I learned about peating but it’s just so acidic. I don’t believe the claims ray make that aspirin won’t cause ulcers. Maybe in a person with a healthy and strong stomach it won’t, but for someone with digestion problems I would avoid it. I think it corroded the mucus lining in my stomach a bit, maybe not full blown ulcer but definitely thinned the lining because if I’m not careful in my eating i get sharp pains in the same area in my stomach sometimes. Ginger is a traditional remedy for stomach inflammation and protects the mucus lining.

secondly I learned from dan pompas podcasts that while sibo and bacterial problems is a real problem in some people. In most the patients he worked with its only a result of other imbalances in the body and once you remove the actual source of the problem the microbiome can shift itself back to the proper flora.

I recommend doing a clean reset of the gut. If you can depending on your schedule; do it 4 day bone broth fast. It’s easier for people than a straight up water fast although that would be strongest and most effective. What it does is it starves down the good AND the bad bacteria in the gut. Then after day 4 (studies show the greatest amount of autophagy, cellular cleanup, happens around day 4 of a fast when stored liver glucose I used up and the body switches to burning ketones from fat) you start the “inoculation phase.” Keep eating bone broth which supplies gelatin for healing damaged gut lining, i.e leaky gut. Eat steamed or boiled soft vegetables (or throw it into your broth). Start adding good fermented foods like homemade or organic kefir, unpasteurized miso, fermented foods, beet kvass, homemade water kefir. Try to avoid the probiotic drinks with a lot of sugar you find at health food stores like kombucha. At this stage both good and bad bacteria have been starved down and we want to try to support only the good bacteria to regrow and not feed the bad bacteria sugars to grow. So avoid even fresh juices because even though they have a lot of vitamins, they are also concentrated sources of sugar. Avoid also refined carbs for the first few days. Eat low to moderate protein only. Get most your calories from good fats like avacado, olive oil, butter, grass fed meats. for the first two days after fasting you don’t need to eat the same amount of calories as normal, eating half to two thirds your normal calories is fine while your digestion slowly starts up again. Add meat and hard to digest things like nuts only on day 2-3.

Someone mentioned raw egg yolks. Pasture raised Egg yolks havE loads of vitamin a and e which are damaged by cooking. You can see this because the deep orange color turns yellow, then light yellow, then almost grey blue with prolonged cooking. This is the heat sensitive vitamin a and e being destroyed. Also pasture raised chickens have super deep orange yolks while you’ll notice conventional soy fed chickens have very light yellow yolks. Analyses of the yolks shown 3-5x vitamin a and e in pastured eggs. Egg yolks also are a great source of phospholipids like phosphatydlcholine (sorry for spelling) which nourish your cell membranes (your cells are like 80% lipids I think I read). I think maybe you developed allergies to eggs is because the egg white can actually be allergenic to some people with impaired digestion. According to salley Fallon in nourishing traditions, the egg white contains difficult to digest proteins and these proteins called lysosomes have a tendency to attach to bacteria and endotoxins And carry it through the blood stream. So It’s always important to cook egg whites, whereas egg yolks are best eaten runny. Or just separate the egg whites out, which may be best for someone on a gut healing protocol.

So this way of starving all bacteria down (good and bad) with a Bone broth fast or water fast, and Then reinnoculating with good bacteria is found to be Much more effective than trying to take some probiotics while you have some bacterial overgrowth. It’s like throwing a bucket of water into a flaming house. It’s just not going to create a big enough impact. So first starve both good and bad bacteria down, then inoculate with good bacteria while avoiding foods that feed bad bacteria like sugars and refined carbs.

another thing I highly recommend is this product called Ion Biome, formerly called Restore. It’s probably the best leaky gut supplement I’ve found. It basically tightens up intestinal tight junctions that have been damaged by glyphosate and gluten. There’s great podcasts done by Ben greenfield, dan pumps, dr mercola with the founder dr Zach bush for the exact scientific info on how it works. But basically it signals your cells to close up those tight junctions that have been damaged by pesticides and gluten, thus repairing “leaky gut.” What’s cool about this supplement is it was designed with glyphosate in mind, so if you take a teaspoon before each meal, it can reduce the damage of glyphosate on intestinal tight junctions by like 90%. Of course the best option is to avoid all pesticides, but these days even organic foods have been found to be contaminated by glyphosate from the water or wind. It’s probably my favorite daily supplement because of the situation we live in today. 50 years ago it would probably be the most useless supplement since they didn’t use pesticides and stuff, but today it’s invaluable.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals