Guidelines For Leaky Gut, High Lactate, Damaged Intestine, Celiac Disease

Broken man

Hello all, I am here for some time and I can say that my health is really better but I found that my digestion/gut is not optimal. When I started with Ray Peat I jumped on cooked apples, alot of cottage cheese and chocolate. I was working from my home and was feeling very good but because of money, I was forced to change my work. After I changed my work to classic office job. My health went back so I have alot of digestive issues now again, I was trying alot of things like aspirin, gelatin, caffeine and next.... I really dont know why, of course, stress is big factor but I am trying to lower it with all supplements what I have, especially pregnenolone and cyproheptadine. Pregnenolone is not effective and cyproheptadine is hard because when I overdose, I cant work next day. The problem is that I cant quit my new work, my brain is really slow, cottage cheese is giving me phlegm build up now. I want to say What the f*ck happened to me. I was searching for Ray Peat opinion on this but I didnt find how to cure it. When I wrote him, he answered me that vitamin D could help me. This is not my native language so I apologize for errors.

My diet: Cooked apples with sugar.
Potatoes with butter or coconut oil
Cottage cheese (low fat version)
Dark chocolate
Eggs
Pork meat sometimes

I am not drinking coffee because I had issues with it and with gelatine too. I am doing all what I found that could help me.

My supplements: B1 hcl 300-1500 mg ( I found that the dose depends on how much stomach acid I have because even more than 1500 didnt help me with my lactate sometimes)
: B6 P5P version 5 mg ( this is really good thing and I hope that it will help me with stomach acid and intestine health. I was trying hcl version but I had bad response)
: cyproheptadine 4- 12 mg
: caffeine 400+- mg in divided doses
: theanine 200-800 mg
: one dose of estroban
: 5 mg of vit. K2
: taurine 2-8 g
: vit. E 400 IU

Even when I am taking all this supplements more than 8 months, my gut is very weak which I dont understand. Heartburn after coca cola. I cant do BCAA because I cant find them without bad additives where I am living. Gelatin gave me histamine reaction. So please could you help me with some guidelines for everybody who want improve his/her gut health? I would be very happy if @haidut could tell us how he healed his gut/digestion in more detailed way. I know that he was using alot of vitamin A and BCAA. Thank you.

theLaw

Haidut posted publicly about using BCAAs, Cyproheptadine, and limiting starch, but I'm not sure if there were any other methods.

I would try the following:

1. Activated Charcoal (larger particles) to be sure that you don't have a bacteria issue

2. Try mixing gelatin in boiling juice or water to fully dissolve it.

3. Cooked potato juice is probably your best bet without access to BCAAs

How many calories are you eating per day? (i smell low-cal) All of those sups together require some serious energy.:D

OP
Broken man

Broken man

Haidut posted publicly about using BCAAs, Cyproheptadine, and limiting starch, but I'm not sure if there were any other methods.

I would try the following:

1. Activated Charcoal (larger particles) to be sure that you don't have a bacteria issue

2. Try mixing gelatin in boiling juice or water to fully dissolve it.

3. Cooked potato juice is probably your best bet without access to BCAAs

How many calories are you eating per day? (i smell low-cal) All of those sups together require some serious energy.:D

Thank you for your response. I am eating about 2500 calories, cooked potato juice is very time consuming which I cant do with my time plan now. I am more thinking about fixing gut barrier. I saw few posts by Haidut about fixing gut barrier with theanine, b6/b3, gelatin, vitamin A, antihistamines and magnesium but I cant find more info on this. He also wrote that endotoxin is from gut permeability.

OP
Broken man

Broken man

I don't "feel" anything either at that dose which is why I take it, otherwise I feel numb and have a ravenous appetite.
Sorry, I wanted to say that I was using it when I had problems with my gut but it seems that it is not helping me now so I am taking theanine.

theLaw

Thank you for your response. I am eating about 2500 calories, cooked potato juice is very time consuming which I cant do with my time plan now. I am more thinking about fixing gut barrier. I saw few posts by Haidut about fixing gut barrier with theanine, b6/b3, gelatin, vitamin A, antihistamines and magnesium but I cant find more info on this. He also wrote that endotoxin is from gut permeability.

2500 sounds a bit low, so 3000+ might be necessary with all of your sups

You've now made excuses for not being able to use BCAA, Gelatin, and Potato juice, so sounds like you have some choices to make about your own health priorities.

Best of luck to you! :D

OP
Broken man

Broken man

2500 sounds a bit low, so 3000+ might be necessary with all of your sups

You've now made excuses for not being able to use BCAA, Gelatin, and Potato juice, so sounds like you have some choices to make about your own health priorities.

Best of luck to you! :D
Okay :D, problem is that this is all about money. I cant pay for pure BCAA from other country And I have about 2 hours of free time per day. I am trying to spend this time with my family or girlfriend. Even food is expensive. But thank you :).

Peatful

Hello all, I am here for some time and I can say that my health is really better but I found that my digestion/gut is not optimal. When I started with Ray Peat I jumped on cooked apples, alot of cottage cheese and chocolate. I was working from my home and was feeling very good but because of money, I was forced to change my work. After I changed my work to classic office job. My health went back so I have alot of digestive issues now again, I was trying alot of things like aspirin, gelatin, caffeine and next.... I really dont know why, of course, stress is big factor but I am trying to lower it with all supplements what I have, especially pregnenolone and cyproheptadine. Pregnenolone is not effective and cyproheptadine is hard because when I overdose, I cant work next day. The problem is that I cant quit my new work, my brain is really slow, cottage cheese is giving me phlegm build up now. I want to say What the f*ck happened to me. I was searching for Ray Peat opinion on this but I didnt find how to cure it. When I wrote him, he answered me that vitamin D could help me. This is not my native language so I apologize for errors.

Dark chocolate
Eggs
Pork meat sometimes

I am not drinking coffee because I had issues with it and with gelatine too. I am doing all what I found that could help me.

My supplements: B1 hcl 300-1500 mg ( I found that the dose depends on how much stomach acid I have because even more than 1500 didnt help me with my lactate sometimes)
: B6 P5P version 5 mg ( this is really good thing and I hope that it will help me with stomach acid and intestine health. I was trying hcl version but I had bad response)

Even when I am taking all this supplements more than 8 months, my gut is very weak which I dont understand. Heartburn after coca cola. I cant do BCAA because I cant find them without bad additives where I am living. Gelatin gave me histamine reaction. So please could you help me with some guidelines for everybody who want improve his/her gut health? I would be very happy if @haidut could tell us how he healed his gut/digestion in more detailed way. I know that he was using alot of vitamin A and BCAA. Thank you.
IIRC Peat likes supplements topically not orally.
Consider stopping all oral supplements for three weeks.
Then use as needed to supplement what your diet isn't giving you.
In those three weeks add in carrot salad.
Eat five to six small, easy to digest meals a day.
Not too much liquid.
If Peat said vitamin D (it is hormone like, correct) then spend time out in the sun as able. It's free and may also help your stress level.

That's a start...
Best to you.

Zpol

Heh... You sound like me!
I turn on my red light immediately after I get home from my high stress office job. I clip it to my shelf in the kitchen so it shines on me while I have a snack and do the dishes. It's just a 250 watt incandescent bulb on a broader fixture.

Office life is hard for us with celiac due to cross contamination. Always be on guard!

Take Colostrum to help heal your permeable gut. I hope you can find some you can afford. It's best if it's procured within 6 hours of the birth. There's also a product called Restore4gut health but it's pricey.

I find cooked apples very problematic. I prefer cooked berries, mango and anything but apples and pears.

Travis

Dark chocolate
Eggs
Pork meat sometimes

I did read a study that tested white blood cells of people on immunogenic peptides. Naturally, the peptides from wheat gluten were the most immunogenic and released the most histamine. However, chocolate and soybeans also released histamine from the cells of some people. I had no idea that chocolate could be immunogenic until a few days ago, but there you have it. Tree nuts also released some histamine; the peptides from egg, beef, and corn much less so.

Oat peptides have been shown to release interferon-γ from the cells of some people. There is even one case report of oats inducing celiac‐like intestinal changes, but this is rare: Oats have an immunogenic peptide region in one of its proteins, but this exists in a concentration (by weight) roughly 5× less than gluten. I view oats as five times safer, or gluten five times worse (per equivalent mass).

I checked out the egg protein and it appears to be digested readily. The egg has no proline–glutamine‐rich peptides, so the bodies enzymes can break it down totally into small fragments. Although fun to cook with, the egg yolk generally has roughly 20% linoleic acid (expressed as percentage of total fatty acids). But on the commercial market, ω−3 eggs are available. These are enriched with fatty acids which, although still unsaturated, are much safer since only linoleic acid has lipid‐hormonal actions (subsequent to arachidonic acid formation, immune activation, and prostaglandin/leukotriene biosynthesis).

I haven't looked into chocolate specifically, or what makes it immunogenic, but it could be a protein. I'm not sure if everything which releases histamine releases γ-interferon, but I assume this to be the case. When a grain antigenic peptide in absorbed in a long piece (about twelve amino acids long) antibodies are formed, interferon-γ is released, and histamine is released. Of these three, the interferon-γ is probably the worst since this invades cells and upregulates prostaglandin machinery: enzymes such as phospholipase A₂ which release arachidonic acid—direct precursor for prostaglandins—from its location on the cell membrane. The antibodies themselves appear harmless.

Histamine is a brain neurotransmitter, and mast cells can migrate into the brain after immunogenic stimulation. Gluten-eating celiac patients have more mast cells in their intestines, and the concentrations of brain mast cells range from zero in some to thousands in others. Since mast cells produce histamine, you might expect these to cause interference in brain neuroprocessing.

I think avoiding immunogenic proteins is very important.

But the chocolate allergen apparently hasn't been characterized; but according to this patent, it is a peptide allergen:

'A hypoallergenic chocolate is prepared by treating cocoa powder so as to denature substantially all of the protein allergens which cause chocolate allergies. The cocoa powder with its denatured protein allergen is then mixed with sugar, cocoa butter, and other flavoring additives and further heat treated (and denatured) to produce the hypoallergenic chocolate.' ―Girsh
Which means that antibodies could be formed from it. Wherever you have antibodies and histamine, you have γ-interferon. The allergenicity of a protein can be largely predicted from its glutamine–proline repeats. These are resistant to digestion by endogenous pepsin and trypsin. Egg albumin has a trypsin inhibitor, but this ability is destroyed by cooking.

As you can see, gluten (gliadin) is absolutely full of proline–glutamine and glutamine–proline repeats (Glutamine is designated the letter 'Q' since 'G' is reserved for glycine—the same reason why glutamate is designated 'E'):

gliadin.png gliadin2.png click to embiggen

And this is not even including the ones separated by spaces; the PXQ configuration is also difficult to digest by our enzymes. Looking at the hypoallergenic corn (zein) protein shows us why gluten is so problematic:

zein2.png zein.png click to embiggen

Essentially none in corn. These small two amino acid repeats don't matter since only larger peptides are immunogenic; either side of the simple glutamine–proline (Q–P) would be cleaved. The milk allergen has been pinpointed, and has been found associated with the casein protein. Bovine β-casein has one small glutamine–proline region that resists digestion (left):

casein.png casein2.png click to embiggen

Since this cocoa allergen is not well characterized, you have to comb‐over (not the hair style) the amino acid sequence. I have found the sequences EPQQPG and FPRPQPRQE:

chocolate.png Spencer, Margaret E. "Cloning and sequencing of a cDNA encoding the major storage proteins of Theobroma cacao." Planta (1992)

These would be the putative allergens, as the glutamine–proline regions are particularly difficult to break down. The amino acid proline gives the protein a unique geometry, as it's the only amino acid which forms a unique peptide bond. Collagen and gelatin are rich in proline and hydroxyproline, perhaps why it caused a histamine release. The bovine α-1 collagen chain has the following glutamine–proline-rich regions: LPQPPQE, PQGPRGSEGPQ, and PPGAPGPQ.Why glutamine alone seems to confer digestive resistance when found alongside proline is beyond me, but deaminating glutamine to glutamate (releasing ammonia) has been shown to be an effective pretreatment. The deaminated peptides are immunogenic, but doing this before ingestion makes them more digestible and thus less likely to be absorbed whole. I think it could have something to do with solubility, as the grain allergens are not found in a water‐soluble fraction:

'As shown by Osborne (1924), the major seed proteins can be classified on an operational basis into four solubility classes: albumin (water-soluble), globulin (salt-soluble), prolamin (alcohol-soluble) and glutelin (soluble in dilute acids or alkali). Plant seeds of different taxa contain rather different proportions of albumins, globulins, prolamins and glutelins (Higgins, 1984; Bewley & Black, 1985; Shotwell & Larkins, 1988). In most monocotyledonous seeds studied so far, prolamins are the major seed proteins (Bewley & Black, 1985), whereas in dicotyledons (Higgins, 1984; Bewley & Black, 1985) and gymnosperms (Misra & Green, 1990) globulins predominate.' ―Voigt

Converting glutamine to glutamate would make the protein more water‐soluble.

There's a commercially‐available enzyme called peptidyl endopeptidase which can cleave these bonds. These enzymes have been shown to completely abrogate the immunogenicity of wheat gluten (gliadin) when pre‐digested, even in people diagnosed with celiac disease.

Voigt, Jürgen. "The major seed proteins of Theobroma cacao L." Food Chemistry (1993)

Last edited:

DrJ

You don't seem to be getting much calcium at all. Your PTH will probably be high. Check this and scroll down to where it says "Digestive Manifestations of HYPERparathyroidism":

Digestive manifestations of parathyroid disorders

And see if that sounds like any of your symptoms. Note that cottage cheese has a calcium/phosphate ratio of less than 1.0 so is not helping to suppress PTH.

OP
Broken man

Broken man

IIRC Peat likes supplements topically not orally.
Consider stopping all oral supplements for three weeks.
Then use as needed to supplement what your diet isn't giving you.
In those three weeks add in carrot salad.
Eat five to six small, easy to digest meals a day.
Not too much liquid.
If Peat said vitamin D (it is hormone like, correct) then spend time out in the sun as able. It's free and may also help your stress level.

That's a start...
Best to you.

Thank you for response. I cant quit all my supplements for one reason, when I dont take them, I am feeling very bad. like I have no purpose, learned helplessness and I need them to be functional at my work. I can try carrot salad. Eating more often and less liquid could be helpful so thanks again and about vitamin D. I am waking up at 5 o clock and , when I arrive to my home its about 17:00 so I dont have much time for sun not to mention that winter is here. I am doing about 5-10 minutes of redlight on my whole body.

OP
Broken man

Broken man

Heh... You sound like me!
I turn on my red light immediately after I get home from my high stress office job. I clip it to my shelf in the kitchen so it shines on me while I have a snack and do the dishes. It's just a 250 watt incandescent bulb on a broader fixture.

Office life is hard for us with celiac due to cross contamination. Always be on guard!

Take Colostrum to help heal your permeable gut. I hope you can find some you can afford. It's best if it's procured within 6 hours of the birth. There's also a product called Restore4gut health but it's pricey.
Hello, I am happy that I found somebody with this disease. I know that member @Blossom is celiac too. Its sad that I cant find much about this disease from Ray peat or Haidut but I know that Haidut had gut problems too and I gained alot of from his old posts. I can say that my erection problems are away thanks to him. I did small research and its too much money. I am curious, did you improve with vit. K2 or vit. E? I can say that K2 is really helpful and vit. E too even I have flare ups. I am taking them about 5 months and I see that my skin is much better, my tolerance to caffeine improved too. Thank you for your advice.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals