How I Cured My Sibo/ Digestive Issues

Ella

Forum Supporter
I actually cured my severe digestive issues (like full body bacterial infections, extreme constipation ,and losing pints of blood in my stool) doing almost exactly the opposite of what you did.

@James IV did you have overgrowth of methanogen organisms as these are responsible for severe constipation?

J

James IV

@James IV did you have overgrowth of methanogen organisms as these are responsible for severe constipation?

I don't know what I had. I won't go to doctors.

I had a superficial exam and explained the situation and symptoms to a Dr. friend of mine, and she thought it may be Crohns. But that was never confirmed by any tests.

I'm glad you are doing better.
I actually cured my severe digestive issues (like full body bacterial infections, extreme constipation ,and losing pints of blood in my stool) doing almost exactly the opposite of what you did.

Shows that health issues are complicated and extremely varied as to causation.

I've been suffering with this for yeaes. Im very interested in what you did.

I have a problem digesting fats and i sometimes get oil in my stool and my stool floats and when I used to use coconut oil it would show up undigested in my stool

J

James IV

I've been suffering with this for yeaes. Im very interested in what you did.

I have a problem digesting fats and i sometimes get oil in my stool and my stool floats and when I used to use coconut oil it would show up undigested in my stool

I would fast for 2-5 days, then eat mainly whole animal foods, not avoiding fat, as well as a variety of cooked vegetables. I use butter or tallow for flavoring and cooking.
No starch or sugar dense carbs sources. No grains, tubers, or fruits. Once healing occurs you can slowly add these foods back in.

This is not a prescription, just sharing my experience.

I would fast for 2-5 days, then eat mainly whole animal foods, not avoiding fat, as well as a variety of cooked vegetables. I use butter or tallow for flavoring and cooking.
No starch or sugar dense carbs sources. No grains, tubers, or fruits. Once healing occurs you can slowly add these foods back in.

You and gobuev both recommend fasting but i don't understand how you can heal at an energy deficit

J

James IV

You and gobuev both recommend fasting but i don't understand how you can heal at an energy deficit

You cant be in an energy deficit. You can only create a need to draw energy from the body. The body will draw on damaged and excess tissue for energy first. Fasting stops the incoming damage as well as removing existing damage. The food after the fast does most of the healing (assuming you eat correctly), building better tissue than that which was catabolized.

Xisca

It is not only about energy, but about alterning 2 states, and it plays on reseting receptors.

What op does not know may be, is that we need to know HOW to compare to her, in order to know if the protocol is the one a reader might need!

Lurker

You cant be in an energy deficit. You can only create a need to draw energy from the body. The body will draw on damaged and excess tissue for energy first. Fasting stops the incoming damage as well as removing existing damage. The food after the fast does most of the healing (assuming you eat correctly), building better tissue than that which was catabolized.

This process is called autophagy. The intermittent fasters talk about this quite a bit. The best resource I have read on this is Eat Stop Eat by Brad Pilion. I don't know if it works for everyone but it definitely works for some.

bionicheart

I know this is an old post but I thought I'd ask..
Do you think this would help someone that is vegetarian (most of the time, shrimp occasionally) with chronic anemic, (with tests showing its iron deficiency and not pcos) GI issues and just now starting to up my caloric demands?I definitely have problems with digesting fat and have been deficient in protein and calories in general.. Your diet sounds exactly like Dr. Natasha Campell-Mcbride's diet (minus the egg yolks) towards curing a leaky gut, by eating basically meat (and gelatinous stocks to fast on and meat with green vegetables) you've probably heard of her. I know you're just sharing your experience but do you think it could cause any harm in my condition? Thanks for sharing

Zpol

I know this is an old post but I thought I'd ask..
Do you think this would help someone that is vegetarian (most of the time, shrimp occasionally) with chronic anemic, (with tests showing its iron deficiency and not pcos) GI issues and just now starting to up my caloric demands?I definitely have problems with digesting fat and have been deficient in protein and calories in general.. Your diet sounds exactly like Dr. Natasha Campell-Mcbride's diet (minus the egg yolks) towards curing a leaky gut, by eating basically meat (and gelatinous stocks to fast on and meat with green vegetables) you've probably heard of her. I know you're just sharing your experience but do you think it could cause any harm in my condition? Thanks for sharing

In the meantime, I'll chime in. I used to be vegetarian, had problems digesting fat and protein, and experienced many symptoms because of it. I was diagnosed as having cysts on my ovaries but my fasting blood glucose was always well within normal. I do not have blood in stools like @James IV had but i have severe chronic constipation. I too did a 3 day fast and slowly introduced foods after but was not cured or even close. However, I was vegetarian at the time and not following GAPS, only low FODMAPs and grain free so maybe there's a problem. Furthermore, ever since the fast I can no longer reduce carbs (a la GAPS diet protocol and a strict meat, easy digestible veg elimination diet) as I get severe GERD and frequent urination, and worse constipation. These symptoms lasted until I began eating fruit again, which was 2 weeks later. The frequent urination was literally every single hour, including night time (so didn't get much sleep), plus it was painfully uncomfortable, I'd feel like I had to pee again within minutes of peeing!

So point being, the fasting was not so bad, but the low carb was rough for me, don't know why. Not saying it won't work for you, just saying be careful and monitor.

Vins7

I'm glad you are doing better.

Shows that health issues are complicated and extremely varied as to causation.
Did you fix your gut issues doing a diet really low fiber and high animal fat/protein?

Maljam

Did you fix your gut issues doing a diet really low fiber and high animal fat/protein?

That is what I've gathered from James's posts, yes. Something like carnivore with (small amounts of) vegetables.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals