Kuinone - Liquid Vitamin K2 (MK-4)

Amazoniac

No, I didn't! But have now. Thanks a lot Oracle! :thumbup:

For possible calcium issues would it be better to use calcium carbonate or vitamin D ?
I imagine vitamin D making it worse if by the time you take massive amounts of mk-4 you don't have enough calcium available. But mk-4 is supposed to be degraded when no longer needed, perhaps the adverse effects that people report are from something else; not sure.

Makrosky

I imagine vitamin D making it worse if by the time you take massive amounts of mk-4 you don't have enough calcium available. But mk-4 is supposed to be degraded when no longer needed, perhaps the adverse effects that people report are from something else; not sure.
I will report how it goes.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut,

I just ordered a bottle of Kuinone, I want to give this supp a try again.

Two quick questions :

1.- Since Vitamin K helps blood coagulation, would it be dangerous to have it if I have slighly elevated hematocrits, red blood cells count and hemoglobine concentration ? These are the numbers :

Hematocrits : 0.530 (Lab range : 0.360 - 0.510)
Red Blood Cells count : 5.62 (Lab range : 3.90 - 5.50)
Hemoglobin Concentration : 174 (Lab range : 120 - 170)

Since when I took these blood tests I had been at sea level for about 8 days, coming from living at 3500 meters over sea level for a couple of months, the RBC and Hemoglobin could be because of that I guess. I never had them elevated before.

Hematocrits I have that slight elevation from more than a year now. My GP says it's not worrying.

I KNOW you can't give any sort of medical advice. Just give me your opinion on this ;)

2.- Regarding possible calcium lowering effects of K2, would half a gram or a gram of calcium carbonate be ok to rule out that possible problem ?

I'm asking because I want to experiment with high K2 doses.

Thanks a lot!

I think Amazoniac already answered the question about coagulation. The elevated RBC is a bit of a concern. It is not much and could be due to the time spent at elevation. But I would retest in a month just to make sure everything is OK. Endotoxin and high estrogen can also sometimes elevate RBC. Vitamin K2 can also elevate RBC but it usually takes 15mg daily to get that effect.
As far as he calcium - vitamin K has not been shown to have effect on serum calcium levels but I think a gram of calcium a day is a good idea anyways.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut

Do you have dosage recommendations for your Kuinone? I'm taking the RDI of 15 mg (10 drops) per day in the morning and generally just drop it onto the underside of my forearms and rub it in.

Thank you

I don't think the RDI for vitamin K2 (MK-4) is 15mg. It's more like 100mcg and 15mg daily is a high, pharmacological dose. The dosage depends on the reason for taking it. Most people using it for systemic health report using a few drops topically daily.

Makrosky

I think Amazoniac already answered the question about coagulation. The elevated RBC is a bit of a concern. It is not much and could be due to the time spent at elevation. But I would retest in a month just to make sure everything is OK. Endotoxin and high estrogen can also sometimes elevate RBC. Vitamin K2 can also elevate RBC but it usually takes 15mg daily to get that effect.
As far as he calcium - vitamin K has not been shown to have effect on serum calcium levels but I think a gram of calcium a day is a good idea anyways.
Cool, thanks haidut! The doctors that ordered the tests didn't seem concerned about it, maybe because they knew I was coming from high altitude. I will retest the RBC anyway, thanks!

jzeno

@haidut

Re: 15 mg Vitamin K (MK-4)

Woops! Yes, you are right. I used my Cronometer figure which I had manually adjusted to 15 mg because I was taking Thorne's Vitamin K and they suggested 15 mg.

Thank you for answering my question.

Mossy

I've ordered K2 from Healthnatura but I haven't tried it. Once I do, I will tell you how it feels, having already had success with Kuinone.
Ok, thanks. So, you've had ear ringing with Thorne, and that was it, and nothing but success with Kuinone?

milk_lover

Ok, thanks. So, you've had ear ringing with Thorne, and that was it, and nothing but success with Kuinone?
Oh no I've never tried Thorne. I like how Kuinone makes me feel in general, especially when I take D3 with it.

Mossy

Oh no I've never tried Thorne. I like how Kuinone makes me feel in general, especially when I take D3 with it.
Ok, thanks. I’ll have to try it when finances allow.

kn24s

Hey, im new to supplements and things like this in general but I would really want to order Vitamin K after reading all the positive things that u can get from it, but before that I would want to get answers to couple questions:
What is this more "worth" product than the Thorne one
Where should I put/rub this supplement (I heard about putting it behind the ear on the ballso_O)
Should I take 1 drop everyday?
Do I need to pay the customs?

I would really appreciate if someone answered these questions before I order this supplement

Best regards,
Kn24s

Lee Simeon

1. I think more is absorbed by this one than the Thorne one. This contains SFA Ester which increases topical absorption.
2. Wherever you like, but arms, cheeks, necks or legs is nice.
3. Depends on your situation and your vitamin D status I think. 1 drop sounds nice, but a couple of times a week works as well I think.
4. Depends on where you live, so cant really answer.

Lee Simeon

Hey, im new to supplements and things like this in general but I would really want to order Vitamin K after reading all the positive things that u can get from it, but before that I would want to get answers to couple questions:
What is this more "worth" product than the Thorne one
Where should I put/rub this supplement (I heard about putting it behind the ear on the ballso_O)
Should I take 1 drop everyday?
Do I need to pay the customs?

I would really appreciate if someone answered these questions before I order this supplement

Best regards,
Kn24s
Just commented, but forgot to tag you :)

Lee Simeon

I take 2000UI of D vitamin everyday so probably 1 drop is enough. And I live in Eu particularly in Finland so what do you think about the customs?
2000 iu Vitamin D and 1 drop Kuinone sounds neat during the spring and winter. You can probably reduce dosage during the summer. At least that is what I would do. I do not live in Finland so I really have no clue, but it should be fairly simple to find out. The information should be at your national postal site.

Makrosky

2000 iu Vitamin D and 1 drop Kuinone sounds neat during the spring and winter. You can probably reduce dosage during the summer. At least that is what I would do. I do not live in Finland so I really have no clue, but it should be fairly simple to find out. The information should be at your national postal site.
Why do you suggest Vitamin D if you take Vitamin K2 ?

As far as I know vit K2 doesn't deplete or need any of the other fat solubles.

I'm taking a lot of K2 these days. Interested.

Lee Simeon

Why do you suggest Vitamin D if you take Vitamin K2 ?

As far as I know vit K2 doesn't deplete or need any of the other fat solubles.

I'm taking a lot of K2 these days. Interested.
I have heard of it causing palpitations without calcium. Think Georgi mentioned it on a D-Rod podcast some time ago. It can be taken without I think. At least that is what I did for sometime, but now I take them together. I think Travis also wrote about k2 causing palpitations, but I am not sure.

baccheion

It's better to take the same amount year round. 50-100 IU/kg is even better, especially if also taking magnesium and vitamin K2.

Lee Simeon

It's better to take the same amount year round. 50-100 IU/kg is even better, especially if also taking magnesium and vitamin K2.
I am not sure if it matters that much considering it is fat soluble, but yeah, 50 - 100 IU/kg of VD sounds alright as well as long as one do blood tests. Would not go so high myself on a daily basis myself, but together with magnesium and K2 it sounds alright.

baccheion

I am not sure if it matters that much considering it is fat soluble, but yeah, 50 - 100 IU/kg of VD sounds alright as well as long as one do blood tests. Would not go so high myself on a daily basis myself, but together with magnesium and K2 it sounds alright.
40-60 ng/mL is one commonly preferred range and is usually achieved with the dose I mentioned. Some even go up to 300 IU/kg (10 IU D3 : 2 mcg+ MK-4).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals