Motorneuron

@haidut does this imply that the Cardiolipin that Mitolipin provides helps counter the effect of anti-cardiolipin antibodies?
I'm not sure it's what you're looking for but here it seems to contradict what is written on wikipedia 👍 and it seems to me quite recent.

Last edited:

tastyfood

I'm not sure it's what you're looking for but here it seems to contradict what is written on wikipedia 👍 and it seems to me quite recent.

Thanks for the link. Very interesting.

A lot of women suffer from early miscarriages because of anti-cardiolipin antibodies so I was wondering if providing additional cardiolipin would counter the antibodies.

If we think of the metabolic view of autoimmunity my understanding is that the anticardiolipin antibodies are not attacking the cardiolipin but rather clearing up mess of damaged cardiolipin around the body.

Motorneuron

Thanks for the link. Very interesting.

A lot of women suffer from early miscarriages because of anti-cardiolipin antibodies so I was wondering if providing additional cardiolipin would counter the antibodies.

If we think of the metabolic view of autoimmunity my understanding is that the anticardiolipin antibodies are not attacking the cardiolipin but rather clearing up mess of damaged cardiolipin around the body.
This makes sense, but we still don't know if all this is upstream or as a consequence downstream 😊. Do you have any benefits from consuming eggs on a daily basis?

tastyfood

This makes sense, but we still don't know if all this is upstream or as a consequence downstream 😊. Do you have any benefits from consuming eggs on a daily basis?

As a guy, yes. Still interested in the idea of the cardiolopin counteracting the antibodies for women though.

tastyfood

Adding another experience from using this product.

I recently learned that phosphatidylcholine has lung surfactant properties? I learned from Danny's podcast with Pedro DoAmaral and Kyle Mamounis.

I've been dealing with bad asthma and bronchospasm for the last week. I confirmed low CO2 with a capnometer. With the wheezing, I wasn't able to exhale almost any air through my mouth. The capnometer didn't show a reading at all in that state, which of course is worrying.

Well, the next morning I took a full dose of Mitolipin orally, and voilà, massive improvement right away. I confirmed the improvement by measuring the exhaled CO2 with the capnometer. I went from not being able to push any air the night before, to a reading of 45 mmHg.

I wonder if this is another substance to keep in the tool box for asthma, bronchiitis, chest pain, etc.

@haidut FYI, in case this is the first report of this use case.

tastyfood

I also wanted to that this product raises temperatures like nothing else I have ever tried. Half a dose of Mitolipin puts me in 99F+ pretty effortlessly taken with a decent breakfast.

A.R

Since it’s winter,

What methods are people using to dissolve the liquid before using to make sure it’s mixed properly?

Personally, I heat the bottle in the microwave for like 10 seconds at a time, until the bottle is lightly heated.

However, now I’m worried about harmful plastic chemicals seeping into the liquid…

LadyRae

Same. Microwave for 20 seconds. The saturated fats can handle a bit of warming.

LadyRae

I also wanted to that this product raises temperatures like nothing else I have ever tried. Half a dose of Mitolipin puts me in 99F+ pretty effortlessly taken with a decent breakfast.
Great testimonial- thanks! I love it, too, and am on my 3rd or 4th bottle...

tastyfood

Since it’s winter,

What methods are people using to dissolve the liquid before using to make sure it’s mixed properly?

Personally, I heat the bottle in the microwave for like 10 seconds at a time, until the bottle is lightly heated.

However, now I’m worried about harmful plastic chemicals seeping into the liquid…
I fixed it by making the dropper hole bigger with a paperclip. It messes up the dosing a bit, but at least the liquid comes out of the bottle easily.

A.R

I fixed it by making the dropper hole bigger with a paperclip. It messes up the dosing a bit, but at least the liquid comes out of the bottle easily.
Hi

The liquid still comes out in mine, it’s just that the saturated pc sits at the bottom of the bottle, and is quite visible if you tilt the bottle. So when I heat it, I shake the bottle and everything mixes back together. The new defibron and Mitolipin bottle imo took away the pouring issues

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    234 KB · Views: 24

Mitchell777

Yes I've tried mitolipin, and no, it's unlike to remodel cell membranes and get rid of PUFAs, since the diet still contains PUFA.
I'd rather just stick to eggs or buy a fully hydrogenated soy phosphatidylcholine on alibaba. Much cheaper for much bigger doses. Then I'd use 3g of that daily.
So are you essentially saying MitoLipin is useless due to the fact that the diet will most likely always contain PUFA in some degree? I personally don’t think this is the case, however I am interested in why you believe this.

Hans

Forum Supporter
So are you essentially saying MitoLipin is useless due to the fact that the diet will most likely always contain PUFA in some degree? I personally don’t think this is the case, however I am interested in why you believe this.
One serving of mitolipin has the same amount of phosphatidylcholine as 2 eggs. Since some of the PC in eggs is unsaturated, 4 eggs should give you the same amount of saturated PC as in mitolipin.
Let's say you supplement 200mg of PC, but eat 6g of unsaturated fat. Why would your body not include those PUFA into the cell membranes? PUFA depletion is the only way to get rid of PUFA.

Mitchell777

One serving of mitolipin has the same amount of phosphatidylcholine as 2 eggs. Since some of the PC in eggs is unsaturated, 4 eggs should give you the same amount of saturated PC as in mitolipin.
Let's say you supplement 200mg of PC, but eat 6g of unsaturated fat. Why would your body not include those PUFA into the cell membranes? PUFA depletion is the only way to get rid of PUFA.
Well if that’s the case then MitoLipin has been made redundant if you can achieve what the supplement attempts to do by just eating 2-4 eggs daily, alongside a low PUFA diet.

Mitchell777

zorba990

I just ended up putting it into a regular amber 2oz dropper bottle. It is harder to control the drops with a regular dropper, but as a plus there is never an issue with getting it out of the bottle.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Well if that’s the case then MitoLipin has been made redundant if you can achieve what the supplement attempts to do by just eating 2-4 eggs daily, alongside a low PUFA diet.
Yes I was pretty bummed when I found that out.