Aspirin As A "novel" Drug Against Osteoporosis

haidut

Forum Supporter
If aspirin imporved bone density in this animal model of osteoporosis. So, combining with vitamin K (as Peat suggests) may have an even stronger effect on bone health.

[Effect of aspirin administration for the treatment of osteoporosis in ovariectomized rat model]. - PubMed - NCBI

"...Aspirin can promote trabecular bone remodeling, improve three-dimensional structure of trabecular bone and increase bone density of cancellous in osteoporotic rats by stimulating bone formation. It may become a new drug for the treatment of osteoporosis."

Last edited:

PakPik

A few months ago my aunt started taking daily low-dose aspirin for vascular issues, as per my suggestion. She also increased dairy intake, and included low dose vitamin K2 for any potential bleeding issues from aspirin. Turns out she got a bone scan recently and her bones have improved very much (she suffers from osteopenia issues)!
Another thing that is interesting to me is that it seems the bone regenerating, anti osteoporosis Aspirin dose is in the range of standard low doses, whereas higher doses of aspirin do NOT seem to help bone repair/prevent resorption.
""When we gave a large amount of aspirin to the mouse by injection, it did not work," Shi says, "but when we gave a low dose in the mice's water for a long period of time, similar to a human dosage, the bone mineral density increased."" https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/07/080709092818.htm

milk helps a lot also...I know it's obvious...but it does. Even over a few months, drinking a bit of milk helped people increase bone density.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0002822399003028

The changes observed in the calcium economy through consumption of food sources of calcium are similar in kind and extent to those reported previously for calcium supplement tablets. The increase in IGF-1 level and the decrease in IBFBP-4 level are new observations that are beneficial for bone health. Important improvements in skeletal metabolism can feasibly occur in older adults by consumption of food sources of calcium.

Grnibtrfly

A few months ago my aunt started taking daily low-dose aspirin for vascular issues, as per my suggestion. She also increased dairy intake, and included low dose vitamin K2 for any potential bleeding issues from aspirin. Turns out she got a bone scan recently and her bones have improved very much (she suffers from osteopenia issues)!
Another thing that is interesting to me is that it seems the bone regenerating, anti osteoporosis Aspirin dose is in the range of standard low doses, whereas higher doses of aspirin do NOT seem to help bone repair/prevent resorption.
""When we gave a large amount of aspirin to the mouse by injection, it did not work," Shi says, "but when we gave a low dose in the mice's water for a long period of time, similar to a human dosage, the bone mineral density increased."" Benefits Of Aspirin For Treating Osteoporosis Uncovered

Can you share what the aspirin dose was that your Aunt was/is taking?
Thank you!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals