Haidut's Recent Comments On Estrogen's Role In Hairloss

JKX

@jonnytrigger

It will take significantly longer than a year to notice any difference in hair regrowth. By the time most people notice hair loss it has been going on for at least 3-4 years, possibly more. An acute, high stress event can definitely push things in the wrong direction very quickly too though.

In general hairloss is the result of a large metabolic deficit thats been playing out through the summer and winter cycles of gain and loss over a long period of time. Even metabolically healthy individuals will lose hair during the stressful winter months. Its just that hair is so abundant it isnt really noticable.

It took me around 18 months to stop hair loss following a very traumatic period. Using Rays work I've regrown almost everything I lost which has taken around 3-4 years. My hair is thick, shiny and healthy, now as much so as in my teens.

I cannot believe any young guy would seriously consider going near the poor mans progesterone drugs. It never crossed my mind. These are dangerous and will have significant long term health effects. Keep in mind there is no miracle cure. You need to steer things into anabolism and keep them anabolic during spring, summer and early autum. This will also help mitigate the energy deficit to come during the harsh winter months.

For some reason people expect that miracles are going to happen in the space of a few months... that's unrealistic. You have to give things time. Be consistent, be patient, but enjoy your life.

I'd recommend you stick with improving metabolism for at least another 2-3 years. DHT makes hair stiff and strong. It does not make hair fall out.

Pablo Cruise

To be clear, I don't think anyone should expect to reverse baldness with isolated agents. It takes significant lifestyle changes to identify and remove the stressors (chronic lack of sunshine, abusive relationship, emotional stress) and then you need to get into a restorative state where the thyroid function starts to work again, basically a very involved process.

Massage, in the right context, has been proven successful. The problem is the context, most people balding don't address the underlying causes, in part because I don't think many realize (not meaning you, don't know your story) that premature balding is a sign that they have a lot of metabolic deficiencies to compensate vs. other people who aren't balding.

Massage? I will offer my experience. I massaged with the greatest diligence twice daily for 1.3 years. I massaged for at least 10-15 minutes in a fairly vigorous way with a scalp brush and some bare hand massage. There was zero change in my hair loss that I could detect. I started needling weekly with a 1.5mm roller and use Minoxidil 5% and Valproic acid solution 1% to stimulate growth. I may add sodium lactate too since lactate has shown to improve growth. I will follow up in a few months. If anyone has positive results with massage, I think people here would like to know :)

mrchibbs

Massage? I will offer my experience. I massaged with the greatest diligence twice daily for 1.3 years. I massaged for at least 10-15 minutes in a fairly vigorous way with a scalp brush and some bare hand massage. There was zero change in my hair loss that I could detect. I started needling with a 1.5mm roller and use Minoxidil 5% and Valproic acid solution 1% to stimulate growth. I may add sodium lactate too since lactate has shown to improve growth. I will follow up in a few months. If anyone has positive results with massage, I think people here would like to know :)

Rob English (of Perfect Hair Health) has accumulated enough evidence to show that massage can help reverse the pathology of hair loss, in a context of also dealing with the systemic problems (hypothyroidism, lack of protein etc.). And there are papers which have proven that mechanical stimulation of the scalp (stretching, pinching, kneading) can help increase hair growth.

To be clear, I am not promoting massage in of itself. I too massaged fruitlessly a couple years ago. I think it can make things worse in an inflammatory context. But I do think it can help if the thyroid, vitamin D level etc. are good.

mrchibbs

@jonnytrigger

It will take significantly longer than a year to notice any difference in hair regrowth. By the time most people notice hair loss it has been going on for at least 3-4 years, possibly more. An acute, high stress event can definitely push things in the wrong direction very quickly too though.

In general hairloss is the result of a large metabolic deficit thats been playing out through the summer and winter cycles of gain and loss over a long period of time. Even metabolically healthy individuals will lose hair during the stressful winter months. Its just that hair is so abundant it isnt really noticable.

It took me around 18 months to stop hair loss following a very traumatic period. Using Rays work I've regrown almost everything I lost which has taken around 3-4 years. My hair is thick, shiny and healthy, now as much so as in my teens.

I cannot believe any young guy would seriously consider going near the poor mans progesterone drugs. It never crossed my mind. These are dangerous and will have significant long term health effects. Keep in mind there is no miracle cure. You need to steer things into anabolism and keep them anabolic during spring, summer and early autum. This will also help mitigate the energy deficit to come during the harsh winter months.

For some reason people expect that miracles are going to happen in the space of a few months... that's unrealistic. You have to give things time. Be consistent, be patient, but enjoy your life.

I'd recommend you stick with improving metabolism for at least another 2-3 years. DHT makes hair stiff and strong. It does not make hair fall out.

Great comment.

I too think the cycles of summer and winter play an important role. If you don't get enough sun/light exposure to break out of the "winter metabolism'', and to combine it you don't drink milk (thereby increasing parathyroid), that probably means cumulative loss of hair over many years. Hair loss is a long term process, which can be made worse by a sudden shed from traumatic events.

jonnytrigger

@jonnytrigger

youve made really good points but what do you think would explain the hair loss prevention ability of finastride? As no one here seems to Acknowledge the results tbh.

In terms of metabolism my thyroid levels seem to be in good range blood markers and temperature, but unfortunately hair loss is slowly progressing in MPB pattern.

Btw if you don’t mind do you haven’t before and after pics?

mrchibbs

good points but what do you think would explain the hair loss prevention ability of finastride? As no one here seems to Acknowledge the results tbh.

I don't think you realize how frustrating these comments can be (especially from a relatively new RPF member) when there are literally entire threads on this forum which discuss this precise question of the mechanism of action of finasteride.

jonnytrigger

I don't think you realize how frustrating these comments can be (especially from a relatively new RPF member) when there are literally entire threads on this forum which discuss this precise question of the mechanism of action of finasteride.

I haven't been able to find any threads on that matter. Most seem to be how bad finastride is and so on. Now I know RPF isn't the best place to be asking about finastride but I just want to collect enough info with consideration to health as this community seems to actually have descent knowledge about hair loss and health

mrchibbs

I haven't been able to find any threads on that matter. Most seem to be how bad finastride is and so on. Now I know RPF isn't the best place to be asking about finastride but I just want to collect enough info with consideration to health as this community seems to actually have descent knowledge about hair loss and health

I'll give it to you, the search function maybe isn't the best. I find it difficult sometimes because we have great discussions at length on a topic, and then there's a new thread we have to start over again. Maybe it's just me.

Here is a thread maybe you'll find interesting: Progest-e And Progestogenic [Danny Roddy]

JKX

youve made really good points but what do you think would explain the hair loss prevention ability of finastride? As no one here seems to Acknowledge the results tbh.

In terms of metabolism my thyroid levels seem to be in good range blood markers and temperature, but unfortunately hair loss is slowly progressing in MPB pattern.

Btw if you don’t mind do you haven’t before and after pics?

I appreciate people always want proof, but I'm not going to post photos on a public forum! Ever. Im not even a fan of social media! Whether or not you choose to believe me is your right and that's fine.

This may sound harsh, but I really dont care if anyone believes me or not... I think this state of mind is probably just reflective of a good metabolism. In reality...fixing this issue is solely down to you and you alone. Embrace the challenge.

You sound a little lost... which is fine! There is a lot to take on board. This isnt easy, hairloss can no doubt stem from multiple causes.

Improving your energy production can only help, but there is no guarantee of a full reversal. Not being negative, just realistic. Life can be incredibly tough sometimes. A lot may depend on your age, state of health, environment. Its very complex.

I have a couple of friends who lost their hair around 20 yet they look healthy. Good personalities and good skin quality, bone structure etc. Both now married with children so try not to fret about attracting a partner. It comes down to more than just hair! There are pieces of the puzzle that we simply do not know, but stress has to be a major contributory factor. Ray's arguments are just too compelling.

A few thoughts...

If you havent watched all of Danny Roddy's material I would recommend doing so. Ray has a plethora of interviews, lots of which are posted on this forum.

There is also a book by a fomer forum member Nathan Hatch, **** Portion Control. If you are able, I would recommend purchasing it. Its a great read and it presents Rays work in an easy to digest format with some additional information from Nathan. Its also an entertaining read and well worth the money.

Thyroid markers arent much use in my opinion. I had a TSH of 0.8 and was loosing hair. Cortisol can suppress TSH. Temp and pulse is a much better metric along with heat in the extremities - feet, hands, nose and ears.

I'd recommend a blood test for vitamin D and prolactin as a starting point, if you havent already tested these. Will give you something to work with.

Clean the gut and clean the liver:

Fibre is under rated! Keeping your gut moving is imperative. 2-3 bowel movements per day is a good aim.

Clean your liver. Low PUFA. Taurine, glycine, vitamin E, aspirin, B2 and B3 are helpful for this. Your eyes should be clear, white and shiny. Big indicator of liver health/ gut health in my opinion. If you are struggling to picture this, look at the eyes of a child...the picture of health.

I would strongly urge you to stick with improving your metabolic health for another year or two. Give it a chance. The choice however remains yours.

mrchibbs

@JKX

Quality posts man! I totally agree with not posting pictures. Even when you do post them, people will say "oh you never had hairloss in the first place", or "the lighting isn't good enough in the first picture.

Last edited:

jonnytrigger

I appreciate people always want proof, but I'm not going to post photos on a public forum! Ever. Im not even a fan of social media! Whether or not you choose to believe me is your right and that's fine.

This may sound harsh, but I really dont care if anyone believes me or not... I think this state of mind is probably just reflective of a good metabolism. In reality...fixing this issue is solely down to you and you alone. Embrace the challenge.

You sound a little lost... which is fine! There is a lot to take on board. This isnt easy, hairloss can no doubt stem from multiple causes.

Improving your energy production can only help, but there is no guarantee of a full reversal. Not being negative, just realistic. Life can be incredibly tough sometimes. A lot may depend on your age, state of health, environment. Its very complex.

I have a couple of friends who lost their hair around 20 yet they look healthy. Good personalities and good skin quality, bone structure etc. Both now married with children so try not to fret about attracting a partner. It comes down to more than just hair! There are pieces of the puzzle that we simply do not know, but stress has to be a major contributory factor. Ray's arguments are just too compelling.

A few thoughts...

If you havent watched all of Danny Roddy's material I would recommend doing so. Ray has a plethora of interviews, lots of which are posted on this forum.

There is also a book by a fomer forum member Nathan Hatch, **** Portion Control. If you are able, I would recommend purchasing it. Its a great read and it presents Rays work in an easy to digest format with some additional information from Nathan. Its also an entertaining read and well worth the money.

Thyroid markers arent much use in my opinion. I had a TSH of 0.8 and was loosing hair. Cortisol can suppress TSH. Temp and pulse is a much better metric along with heat in the extremities - feet, hands, nose and ears.

I'd recommend a blood test for vitamin D and prolactin as a starting point, if you havent already tested these. Will give you something to work with.

Clean the gut and clean the liver:

Fibre is under rated! Keeping your gut moving is imperative. 2-3 bowel movements per day is a good aim.

Clean your liver. Low PUFA. Taurine, glycine, vitamin E, aspirin, B2 and B3 are helpful for this. Your eyes should be clear, white and shiny. Big indicator of liver health/ gut health in my opinion. If you are struggling to picture this, look at the eyes of a child...the picture of health.

I would strongly urge you to stick with improving your metabolic health for another year or two. Give it a chance. The choice however remains yours.

I understand, appreciate the advice

JDreamer

@JKX

Quality posts man! I totally agree with not posting pictures. Even when you do post them, people will say "oh you never had enough in the first place", or "the lighting isn't good enough in the first picture.

Ehhhhhhhh only on the questionable photos.

It's your right not to post them and some of the reasons make intellectual sense. However, it DOES create more suspicion as there is no greater proof than actual, tangible VISUAL evidence for something that is so hard to do. It's the age of the internet and social media where you can say anything you want without requiring proof.

mrchibbs

It's your right not to post them and some of the reasons make intellectual sense. However, it DOES create more suspicion as there is no greater proof than actual, tangible VISUAL evidence for something that is so hard to do. It's the age of the internet and social media where you can say anything you want without requiring proof.

Who cares if people are suspicious. Nobody here is selling anything.

We're trying to further the discussion on hair loss, and move towards real solutions. As @JKX wrote above, this is all incredibly complex, and unique to everyone. Another reason to not post pictures is that then you get spammed with tons of comments and pm's with guys asking about a "protocol".

JDreamer

We're trying to further the discussion on hair loss, and move towards real solutions. As @JKX wrote above, this is all incredibly complex, and unique to everyone. Another reason to not post pictures is that then you get spammed with tons of comments and pm's with guys asking about a "protocol".

You and others are certainly not selling anything. However, everyone's time is just as important as money. Some people waste months and years on all these protocols without consistent visual evidence that it works. Hence why most rational people are not going to listen to "talk" or should I say theory. At the end of the day, that's all this is. Btw I agree with most of your posts!

If you post photos, nobody is forcing you to respond to other people. Just the act of posting them is enough generosity.

Last edited:

JKX

And that's fine. You should view all posts with suspicion! I'm not forcing my opinion on anyone. I do have several friends and family members who can vouch for me :angelic: as well as as the general surgery doc whose care I was under during that 'traumatic period'.

If you want to come visit Scotland we can meet up for a chat and you can see for yourself! Thats the best I can do.

I still dont feel compelled to post any photos and Im not the type to be peer pressured into doing anything so...

Would it matter? Whats to stop me using an editor or just posting random photos taken from the web!? I could be anyone on here! I very much doubt I have 2 almost identical photos to allow an accurate assessment anyway. Even when it was falling out it was a mixture of diffuse loss and a bit of recession at the temples and hair line. I never had a bald patch.

I have taken the time to post. Again, thats the best I can do for now.

JKX

Totall agree with this. There are multiple solutions to hair loss, but the only true solution is to improve metabolism to the point where your body regenerates faster than it breaks down. This is a constant, ever changing life long battle.

Unfortunately, there is no defined 'protocol' which will work for everyone to achieve this. There are simply things that will improve metabolism and things which will hinder metabolism in the context of the specific stressors an individual is being subjected to.

Ray's work is the only 'protocol' I have ever read which attempts to achieve this goal.

jonnytrigger

Totall agree with this. There are multiple solutions to hair loss, but the only true solution is to improve metabolism to the point where your body regenerates faster than it breaks down. This is a constant, ever changing life long battle.

Unfortunately, there is no defined 'protocol' which will work for everyone to achieve this. There are simply things that will improve metabolism and things which will hinder metabolism in the context of the specific stressors an individual is being subjected to.

Ray's work is the only 'protocol' I have ever read which attempts to achieve this goal.

Is there a thread on that kind of a protocol without excessive use of supplements and hormones?

JKX

This whole forum is about that protocol!:):

Ok I'll give you a rough idea of what I eat in a day:

Breakfast: Sugar bomb. I start with a smoothie. As much frozen fruit, watermelon and OJ as I can get in the cup! Usually add gelatin and colostrum. I'll then usually have a second breakfast after getting ready for work. At the moment its been a wheat bran cereal, whole jersey milk banana and organic raisins, followed by a milky coffee with sugar. Alternatively, sometimes eggs if time allows.

Lunch: It's summer here so its been a loaded cheese 'salad' ( 50-100g cheese, carrots, cucumber, cherry tomato mixed with whatever fruits I fancy, peaches and strawberries work well). Dressed with cider vinegar, a small amount of good quality olive oil and plenty of salt/ lemon juice. As much fruit as I want after. OJ and glass of milk if I fancy.

As an alternative, anything egg related is always on the menu too.

Dinner: Varies massively. Always work coconut oil or butter into the cooking process. Some sort of protein (red meat, chicken, occasional fish) with carbs (usually potatoes or rice). Whatever vegetables I decide accompany the meal. Usually well cooked. Always followed by some OJ, an apple and then dessert. This varies. Ice cream and fruit, OJ ice lolly etc.

If Im eating out, I have what I want. I instinctively tend to like low pufa foods anyway (just eat real foods!) but I do occasionally have pizza. There is a good italian near me that makes the base with good quality olive oil and water in the mix. No rapeseed junk. But yeah sometimes I will eat PUFA if out. Dont sweat it. It wont make or break you. If I do eat PUFA then I'll have some Tocovit or mitolipin before or after. The benefits of social contact outweigh any negatives of restaurant food.

I will usually have a glass or two of whole jersey milk before bed, sometimes with more fruit.

I eat dark chocolate and fruit throughout the day if I get hungry in between meals.

I havent tried oysters and I eat liver a couple of times a month. Eat seafood once a week or so within a main meal.

Usually I easily exceed 3k calories per day. If I eat a meal heavy on the phosphate I will ocasionally balance this up with some calcium acetate.

I supplement some b vits and magnesium and E most days. K2 and Vit D on skin where I remember most mornings. I usually have a 300mg aspirin once or twice a week. Dissolved in hot water, run through paper towel and into OJ after a meal with some glycine.

Not using thyroid or hormones at the moment because I dont feel I need them. May change during winter. If I had to pick something which helped me the most I would say progesterone combined with a very small amount of DHEA. Always topical, usually on inside of elbow. Minimum therapeutic dose always.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals