Dht And Estrogen

beachbum

Hello all,

I see alot of guys (mainly) upping dht but are they using AI. I have been reading alot as usual and seeing dht is good and I believe it is but if your upping it shouldnt you be blocking estrogen. If you dont then you become estrogen dom. So I have been thinking that is my problem. Im not on purpose increasing dht but just with foods but not blocking estro. I m female in menopause and have read that at this age aromatase is high, but yet they say estrogen drops at my age, I dont think soooooooo. If aromatase is high well then estrogen dom. duh.. so I am going to use foods and supplements to reduce just estro only if that is possible..I know when I do androgen inhibitors they make me sleepy. Yesterday I relized it dht isn't the bad guy in my opinion.

Last edited:

Wagner83

I'm not sure if I would focus on increasing dht as a female. To reduce estrogens, try boiling 100 grams of white button mushrooms for 2-3 hours in a bit of water. Then drink the water and eat the mushrooms away from meals as a salad. If you do that for a few days it should lower estrogens pretty potently.

Ella

Forum Supporter
I found grated carrots, OJ and coffee to be adequate for me and optimising liver function. I think I lowered my estrogen too low, along with cortisol.

I found OJ and coffee to be the most potent for me. I a now introducing more wholegrains and some legumes.

OP
beachbum

beachbum

Well I though about it after I posted this and I will do dht inhibitor first to reduce estrogen that way instead of just estrogen. I was doing really good and then I had onions and I think that messed me up. I was doing oj, milk, coffee (not alot), jello..you know the usual suspects. They say onions increase testosterone alot. So this is my theory, that it increased androgens tgen here comes estrogen. Bam. The onions gave me acne and today I have a migraine. I also reduced my progesterone cream.

So mushrooms., they have selenium correct. I started taking selenium. Does it inhibitor dht or just estrogen.

Wagner83

No offence but if you really don't know what you are talking about then maybe you should do your research in other manner, i.e. start with foods that do not mess with digestion (so personal experimenting is key here) and if you follow Ray's ideas, focus on low PUFA etc.. As Ella said carrot salad away from meals is an other option if you can't stand the white button mushrooms or can't cook them properly.
Just my 2 cents.

OP
beachbum

beachbum

I never said it didn't like mushrooms or didn't know how to cook them. I said I made onions and never said I made mushrooms. I have been researching. Not sure what you are saying. It does sound offensive.

Androgenic

Christ you put me into a rage with your ideas!! DHT is a male-only hormone, it has no physiological function in women and causes masculinization, penis growth and so on and so forth. Please, for heaven's sake, use common sense!!!
There is no "estrogen dominance" in women, for heaven's sake, you're supposed to have high estrogen and you should be happy if you do. To counterbalance the negative effects (and there are hardly any negative effects of estrogen in women) there is progesterone. This is one of progesterone's main functions in the body, to counterbalance estrogen.

As you age your dht increases and estrogen drops. This is why you are prone to being angry and apathetic, horny, prone to increased hair growth, deeper voice, larger clit size (which turns into a penis), etc., etc., etc., etc., etc.

OP
beachbum

beachbum

Wow..I think you need a chill pill...goodbye

sele

Hello all,

I see alot of guys (mainly) upping dht but are they using AI. I have been reading alot as usual and seeing dht is good and I believe it is but if your upping it shouldnt you be blocking estrogen. If you dont then you become estrogen dom. So I have been thinking that is my problem. Im not on purpose increasing dht but just with foods but not blocking estro. I m female in menopause and have read that at this age aromatase is high, but yet they say estrogen drops at my age, I dont think soooooooo. If aromatase is high well then estrogen dom. duh.. so I am going to use foods and supplements to reduce just estro only if that is possible..I know when I do androgen inhibitors they make me sleepy. Yesterday I relized it dht isn't the bad guy in my opinion.
DHT is a dead end street.
It cannot convert to estrogen.
It is a powerful androgen and suppresses cortisol and up regulates 5-AR enzyme.

PS: I did't get your question properly. Sorry.

Androgenic

The fact that you don't like estrogen (assuming you even understand what estrogen does and how it feels like) shows that you may already have low estrogen and high androgens. Why not get a hormone test done to see if your suspicions are true or false?

Wagner83

DHT is a dead end street.

It is a powerful androgen and suppresses cortisol and up regulates 5-AR enzyme.

Not sure about the upregulation of 5-ar , if you base this idea on haidut's study I'd welcome an explanation because to me it was really weak evidence dht would increase its own synthesis. It's possible I did not understand the text well enough though.

Androgenic

Ray peat has different ideas. Have you read Peat in estrogen?
I have a general notion of what he believes but I think it's not about estrogen but about birth control pills.
In the end it doesn't matter as I hold to my own experiences and knowledge irregardless of what others believe.

If you've actually tried taking anti-estrogen pharmaceuticals and then taking estrogen to avoid the extreme side-effects you just gave yourself, like I have, and if you've read a thing or two, you'll realize how extremely important estrogen is for men and women and for good health.
It can even cure atherosclerosis and help prevent cognitive decline, that's how great of a hormone it is.

You can't survive on androgens alone but you can survive on estrogen without androgens (i.e. complete androgen insensitivity).
Estrogen is the baseline, androgens add to the baseline.

OP
beachbum

beachbum

I need some DHT after reading this thread:nonono
Lolhahaaaaa. .good one.

Im done with this thread..yep sorry I asked the question because some members are dang rude on here.. they know who they are. No one understands why I ask these questions, mostly for feedback of what I may be doing right or wrong.

Androgenic

Nobody is rude to you, you're misinterpreting things. Have you actually taken anything androgenic in your life? Have you done a blood test?

Herbie

If you've actually tried taking anti-estrogen pharmaceuticals and then taking estrogen to avoid the extreme side-effects you just gave yourself, like I have, and if you've read a thing or two, you'll realize how extremely important estrogen is for men and women and for good health.
It can even cure atherosclerosis and help prevent cognitive decline, that's how great of a hormone it is.

Can you elaborate on the experience?

I have not personally taken anti oestrogen drugs then taken oestrogen and I don't think many have. I think it would be of value to here about this.

Androgenic

Can you elaborate on the experience?

I have not personally taken anti oestrogen drugs then taken oestrogen and I don't think many have. I think it would be of value to here about this.
Sure. There's menopause which shows itself with hot flashes, anxiety, insomnia, and so on, and then there's overdosing on an estrogen receptor antagonist or aromatase inhibitor (feels the same except antagonists produce stronger effects at lower dosages with more mental side-effects at first) where you get extreme anxiety, numbness and pain in your limbs, dizziness, fatigue, insomnia, confusion, hot flashes (even in men) and such. The most noteworthy thing for me was the anxiety and the numbness and pain. Numbness and pain was transient, at one point numbness and another point pain, switching rapidly from the one to the other.
Very interesting to note that overdosing on these pharmaceuticals felt much alike overdosing on fish oil on (the numbness in limbs and insomnia) and overdosing on andractim (dht gel).

On the other hand, overdosing on clomiphene (estrogenic) felt like I had taken too much vitamin K (pulse in the 200 range) with some actually pretty nice anti-depressive feelings and an improved libido on the third day, which was peculiarly the same with the anti-estrogen medications, they produced their pro-libido effects after 3 days as well.

Herbie

Interesting indeed. Thanks for sharing.

It is true about higher androgen levels in females increases voice deepness, clitoris grows into penis. Easily proven by googling female bodybuilders and the dht cream seems to be used by transgender people but I haven't studied these subjects and just speculating.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals