DHT And T Is More Suppresive The Older You Are

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
5-beta diol is much more potent estrogen than the 5-alpha variety and the beta isomer activates both ER-alpha and ER-beta. So, I agree with gbol that it can be a problem and that in general in disease the 3b-HSD degradation of DHT predominates over the 3a-HSD pathway. But more importantly, DHT degradation through any pathway is increased in pathological conditions.
As far as balding, I think 5-beta-androstenediol (DHEA metabolite) plays a bigger role in balding than 5-alpha-androstanediol (DHT metabolite) or even 5-beta-androstanediol (DHT metabolite). My guess is that it is 80% 5-beta-androstenediol and 20% 5-beta-androstanediol in terms of contribution to balding. As corroborating evidence, DHT derivatives that are highly resistant to degradation such as Drostanolone, do not cause balding. To the contrary, when it was tested back in the 70s and 80s for breast cancer it was found to increase hair growth, at least in women.
Drostanolone propionate - Wikipedia
"...Side effects of drostanolone propionate include symptoms of masculinization like acne, increased hair growth, voice changes, and increased sexual desire.[1] It has no risk of liver damage.[1] The drug is a synthetic androgen and anabolic steroid and hence is an agonist of the androgen receptor (AR), the biological target of androgens like testosterone and dihydrotestosterone (DHT).[1][3] It has moderate anabolic effects and weak androgeniceffects, which give it a mild side effect profile and make it especially suitable for use in women.[1] The drug has no estrogenic effects.[1] Drostanolone propionate is an androgen ester and a long-lasting prodrug of drostanolonein the body.[1]"

Of course, you never heard peddlers of finasteride or any doctor really address the issue of why degradation-resistant DHT steroids do not cause hair loss but hair growth. It would kill the hair loss industry and likely the BPH and prostate cancer industries as well.

Has anyone on this forum used drostanolone propionate?!

CLASH

Have you tried progesterone on the scalp for balding? Some on other forums have noticed regrowth.

I suspect iodine topically on the scalp would trigger regrowth after several months. Iodine protocol (w/ 50 mg Lugol's 2x/day) would also be followed at the same time to buffer against any toxins released.
Were you also taking pregnenolone, such that progesterone could be synthesized as needed? Was hairloss extreme or just a few strands for a while? Progesterone keeps hair around longer, while DHT pushes for shedding.

I was using 1mg progesterone, 1mg pregnenolone, 1mg DHEA. I used them topically in vit E. I used them every other day at most (I use them on work days, I work as a nurse 3 days a week, hence the every other day dosing). Before i added DHEA to the stack the progesterone completely stopped any shedding on the days I used it. When I added DHEA I would still shed. The shed was definetly less than 125 strands of hair. There was no itch, I havent had the itch in years. The thing is my hair is already thin and the front of my hairline receeded, so any loss is like logging a burnt down forest haha. I’ve managed to stop my hairloss, but regrowth is a different story. Sorting our my colon issue has stopped the shed pretty significantly.

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
I was using 1mg progesterone, 1mg pregnenolone, 1mg DHEA. I used them topically in vit E. I used them every other day at most (I use them on work days, I work as a nurse 3 days a week, hence the every other day dosing). Before i added DHEA to the stack the progesterone completely stopped any shedding on the days I used it. When I added DHEA I would still shed. The shed was definetly less than 125 strands of hair. There was no itch, I havent had the itch in years. The thing is my hair is already thin and the front of my hairline receeded, so any loss is like logging a burnt down forest haha. I’ve managed to stop my hairloss, but regrowth is a different story. Sorting our my colon issue has stopped the shed pretty significantly.

I believe Cistanche Tubulosa can support progesterone production,