Dht And Estrogen

Androgenic

Interesting indeed. Thanks for sharing.

It is true about higher androgen levels in females increases voice deepness, clitoris grows into penis. Easily proven by googling female bodybuilders and the dht cream seems to be used by transgender people but I haven't studied these subjects and just speculating.
No, it's definitely true. Again, DHT has no known physiological role in women. It literally is not supposed to exist in the female body. DHT deficiency (0% of it circulating in the blood) has no known negative effects on women.

tara

In the end it doesn't matter as I hold to my own experiences and knowledge irregardless of what others believe.
Nobody is rude to you, you're misinterpreting things.
1. Forum Rules
a. Be polite and respectful.
b. Use the forum for the purposes described in the "About" section below.
c. Make clear if the content of your post is NOT in line with Ray Peat's philosophy.

About
This forum is for members interested in learning about and discussing Dr. Ray Peat's ideas, as presented in his writing and interviews, and in helping each other to think about how we can apply these ideas in our own lives.
Terms of Service and Rules | Ray Peat Forum

If you have no interest in Peat's ideas, then I'm not sure what you are here for.

Your outbursts of anger above don't look polite to me, especially given that you are telling people off based on appearing to not know anything about the purpose of this forum, or about Peat's work.

tara

There is no "estrogen dominance" in women, for heaven's sake, you're supposed to have high estrogen and you should be happy if you do.
If you've actually tried taking anti-estrogen pharmaceuticals and then taking estrogen to avoid the extreme side-effects you just gave yourself, like I have, and if you've read a thing or two, you'll realize how extremely important estrogen is for men and women and for good health.
Just because estrogen does play an important role in physiology doesn't mean one can't have too much of it. Estrogens are necessary for some specific functions. AIUI, there is plenty of evidence that chronically elevated estrogen levels can have a number of harmful effects.

@beachbum

Vitamin e is a superb aromatase inhibitor

The only problem is that alot is a problem

If u really want to

400 iu vit e
Every other day

I took it for a week
2000 iu a day

First 6 days
I felt amazing
The day 7 i start having stomach bleeding and nose

The problem abt fat sol vitmns is that u have to balance them

Or ur gonna get really sick for a month at least
If u over dose any of them

Gl;itch.e

Androgenic. If you are a newbie please read more of the forums and Peats work before commenting. It gets tiresome having to do these 1 on 1 "interventions" when all the info is laid out here and on Rays website. You are also being obnoxious and dare I say "serotonergic"! LOL

Gl;itch.e

What does this refer to?
Its a bit of a local trope that you'll come across in various fashions. Essentially meant to describe your apparent mental state being effected negatively by hormonal factors.

sele

Not sure about the upregulation of 5-ar , if you base this idea on haidut's study I'd welcome an explanation because to me it was really weak evidence dht would increase its own synthesis. It's possible I did not understand the text well enough though.
Yes, you're right, it is based on study provided by haidut. I did not read more research on it because I personally do not use it. Do you have any alternate ideas you'd like to share?
I know DHT has upped 5-AR in post finasteride users.

Wagner83

I don't see your point though, who is saing estrogens are not needed or should be close to non ex
Yes, you're right, it is based on study provided by haidut. I did not read more research on it because I personally do not use it. Do you have any alternate ideas you'd like to share?
I know DHT has upped 5-AR in post finasteride users.
Not really but the body seems to be pretty good at adapting to whatever we give it on a regular basis.
This is interesing, how do you know that if I may ask? Personal acquaintances?

Marie2000

I know this is an old thread guys, but what would DHT cream do to a woman? is it peaty then? I have no sensitivity down there or very little I have also had PCOS in the past prior to peating. I would say my estrogen is very low as after smoking weed for example or drinking green tea my skin goes lighter and eratures become softer, this are both strogenic substances. However after a day what would be called strogen symtptoms like acne and bloating increase. Is that a reaction of my body increasing testosterone? What would be a line of action to decreas etestosterone and mantain estrogen levels in my body stable? What is the role of progesterone then in the body, is it lowering andorgens in woman as oposed to estrogn?

SonOfEurope

I have a general notion of what he believes but I think it's not about estrogen but about birth control pills.
In the end it doesn't matter as I hold to my own experiences and knowledge irregardless of what others believe.

If you've actually tried taking anti-estrogen pharmaceuticals and then taking estrogen to avoid the extreme side-effects you just gave yourself, like I have, and if you've read a thing or two, you'll realize how extremely important estrogen is for men and women and for good health.
It can even cure atherosclerosis and help prevent cognitive decline, that's how great of a hormone it is.

You can't survive on androgens alone but you can survive on estrogen without androgens (i.e. complete androgen insensitivity).
Estrogen is the baseline, androgens add to the baseline.

Last edited:

SonOfEurope

I have a general notion of what he believes but I think it's not about estrogen but about birth control pills.

It can even cure atherosclerosis and help prevent cognitive decline, that's how great of a hormone it is.

You can't survive on androgens alone but you can survive on estrogen without androgens (i.e. complete androgen insensitivity).
Estrogen is the baseline, androgens add to the baseline.

Lol....

You can survive without almoat any estrogen, read about aromatase deficiency.

When we are children, we have nearly 0 estrogen, and very low cortisol while being at peak health.

Estrogen is the most primitive hormone, it wants to reduce the organism to something simpler through cellular- exhaustion induced dystrophy. It's the hormone of reproduction that must be controlled by the precursors P5 and p4.

Try surviving without pregnenolone and progesterone.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals