Estrogen Not From Aromatase ?

Trodomir

I had 60 estradiol, norms : 20-40, I am 23 and lean.

My free testosterone was normal, 20, norms : 8 - 25.

My DHT was very low, 1.2, norms : 1 - 4. I read that DHT can be overloaded by estrogen.

I am trying an aromatase inhibitor and whatever the dosage I take, my estradiol go to 40.

Some people see their estradiol crashing to undetectable levels with the same AI, but I have only a 30% reduction, it's very strange. Could it be that I have only 20 estrogen from aromatase ? And the 40 remaining are from.. stress ?

mujuro

Forum Supporter
I was going to say estrone might be the problem but its synthesis relies on aromatase too. Maybe reserves of sulfated estrone are being converted to estradiol.

stumpus

Estrogen is also produced by the testes themselves, where an AI may only have limited effect (if any at all?).

SneezeStar

Dhea can convert to estrogen..estradiol which an ai might not help. Ai can stop testosterone from turning into estradiol ie. Arimidex. But i question its power to stop dhea, the 5 alpha reductase androgens stop dhea from turning into estrogen, look at the citations from the androsterone thread, you are also low in dht which supports this.

Tldr. Pharma ai to stop testosterone, 5 alpha androgens to stop dhea.
-from turning into estrogen.

OP
T

Trodomir

Stumpus, how some men can crash E2 with an AI if it has no effect on testicles ?

SneezeStar, DHEA can convert to estrogen ? Throught aromatase (thus inhibited by an AI) or it's something not on this scheme ?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/13/Steroidogenesis.svg

Steroidogenesis.svg

schultz

Dhea can convert to estrogen..estradiol which an ai might not help. Ai can stop testosterone from turning into estradiol ie. Arimidex. But i question its power to stop dhea, the 5 alpha reductase androgens stop dhea from turning into estrogen, look at the citations from the androsterone thread, you are also low in dht which supports this.

Tldr. Pharma ai to stop testosterone, 5 alpha androgens to stop dhea.
-from turning into estrogen.

I've seen people say this on other forums but have never seen it mentioned in a paper, though the pathways can be complex so I am not saying it's not true. As far as I am aware DHEA can convert to androstenedione and then to either estrone (requiring aromatase), testosterone, or down the 5 alpha pathway. Are there other pathways?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals