Out of control Aromatase, can take 4 arimidex in a day

Michael Mohn

Estrone sulfate is the storage form of all estrogen and the best measure of your estrogenic load. Estrone and estradiol are mostly tissue bound. Prolactin is an indicator of inflammation. Alcohol is the worst for androgens and inflammation.

tankasnowgod

Had health issues along time, I have some other thread if interested. Im 39 and ive had the same issues my whole adult life.

I discovered much by chance that estrogen is playing a big part in how I feel, by taking arimidex.

At the start just 0.25mg would give me a hour or two of feeling good.
I then got onto 1mg a day and for a while I felt pretty good.
At one point I was up to 4mg a day (YES IT WAS A PHARMA QUALITY)

I started getting joint and bone ache and results from where hard to get. Hard to find a sweet spot. It felt like the body was always varying its aromatase and fghting against my attempts to inhibit it.

Recently I took 5mg of pharma Letrosole as I felt so anxious and I had to go to a party, after 5 hours the anxiety started to subside. But the next day or so, the joint and bone ache came on.

I bought pfizer exemestane and they dont seem to do anything, 50mg feels like a sweet.

Without aromatase control, im anxious, lethargic, depressed. The sweet spot feels so good, like I imagine life should be,

Ive tried all the normal peat aromatase inhibitors, but they dont do anything.... Thyroid, Progesterone, White mushrooms, carrots, androsterone, diet, asprin, vitamin e, a etc etc.
Looks like you left out one of Peat's favorite substances that can control and lower estrogen...... Calcium.

Looking through your posts, I see you experimenting with letrozole, exemestane, TRT, Masetron, Viaga, SSRIs(!!!!!!), and maybe I missed some. Peat generally doesn't advice these, and the ones that are more "Peat Friendly," you are taking in doses 10-100x greater than he would recommend.

@Lozko posted an interesting study on Calcium and Estrogen a few years ago that flew under the radar here. Here's my post from that thread-

Pretty interesting. Vitamin K2 also looks really good in the study, preserving bone mass on the CA deficient diet, and lowering high estrogen. Yet the dose they used was huge (30mg/kg bodyweight a day, meaning more than 350 mg a day for a 75kg human), and still, the hormonal profile wasn't as good as rats on the "regular" diet.

View attachment 25449

PTH and Activated Vitamin D was also higher in the K2 group than the Regular diet group, or just the CA deficient rats-

View attachment 25450

Not ideal, but I guess dealing with higher levels of stress hormones is better than having weaker bones. Of course, as free living humans, no reason you can't eat higher calcium AND supplement K2. You'd likely get the benefits of both, and wouldn't have to slam down 100s of mg of K2 a day. That could get pricey quick.

Also, look how serum calcium is higher on the calcium deficient diets! I guess this is also good evidence of the "calcium paradox" that Peat writes about in this article-

So, Calcium deficient diets can raise PTH, Estrogen, and lower bone mass. Not good stuff. K2, in huge pharmacological type doses, can increase bone mass even on these deficient diets and help lower estradiol a bit (a good thing), but it drives PTH even higher (not good). Of course, this was only 8 weeks, longer term (several months or years), even pharma doses of K2 might not be able to prevent loss of bone mass on a Calcium deficient diet.

I think you might want to re-evaluate your diet in general (especially since you claim to be "starving yourself" regularly), and really look at Calcium and the Calcium to Phosphorus ratio. The fact that Prolactin is very high suggests two things- First, that other stress hormones like cortisol and PTH are very high, as well as serotonin, and two, that you simply aren't getting enough calcium. I think the above study shows that even pharma like doses of vitamins (and likely pharma drugs themselves) aren't as powerful as correcting something like a calcium deficiency (which itself may take some higher supplemental doses of calcium for a time).

Correcting that, and things like protein and sugar, with a 1-2 month washout period from all the various pharma substances, might get prolaticin down quite a bit, and then maybe the original Peat's suggested AI substances might have a more powerful effect. Even pharma treatments like TRT or exemestane might be more effective at a lower dose.

OP
D

Diddleum

Looks like you left out one of Peat's favorite substances that can control and lower estrogen...... Calcium.

Looking through your posts, I see you experimenting with letrozole, exemestane, TRT, Masetron, Viaga, SSRIs(!!!!!!), and maybe I missed some. Peat generally doesn't advice these, and the ones that are more "Peat Friendly," you are taking in doses 10-100x greater than he would recommend.

@Lozko posted an interesting study on Calcium and Estrogen a few years ago that flew under the radar here. Here's my post from that thread-

So, Calcium deficient diets can raise PTH, Estrogen, and lower bone mass. Not good stuff. K2, in huge pharmacological type doses, can increase bone mass even on these deficient diets and help lower estradiol a bit (a good thing), but it drives PTH even higher (not good). Of course, this was only 8 weeks, longer term (several months or years), even pharma doses of K2 might not be able to prevent loss of bone mass on a Calcium deficient diet.

I think you might want to re-evaluate your diet in general (especially since you claim to be "starving yourself" regularly), and really look at Calcium and the Calcium to Phosphorus ratio. The fact that Prolactin is very high suggests two things- First, that other stress hormones like cortisol and PTH are very high, as well as serotonin, and two, that you simply aren't getting enough calcium. I think the above study shows that even pharma like doses of vitamins (and likely pharma drugs themselves) aren't as powerful as correcting something like a calcium deficiency (which itself may take some higher supplemental doses of calcium for a time).

Correcting that, and things like protein and sugar, with a 1-2 month washout period from all the various pharma substances, might get prolaticin down quite a bit, and then maybe the original Peat's suggested AI substances might have a more powerful effect. Even pharma treatments like TRT or exemestane might be more effective at a lower dose.

Thanks for your input. SSRIS was long term 15 years ago. Everything else I experiment with to try and fix my life long symptoms. Ive tried following peat diet but never got very far.

Ive always eaten calcium rich foods, alot of cheese, yoghurt my whole life.

Ive got haiduts K2 but didnt do anything for me in any dose.

You have to understand where I am in life - desperate, occasionally suicidal. Maybe youll understand why im trying lots of things.

Cortisol both saliva and blood tests are in range but generally at top of range.

I do not regular starve myself, but I occasionally fast ( once every 2 months) for a few days to reduce my symptoms. Im a healthy weight with lots of muscle.

tankasnowgod

Ive always eaten calcium rich foods, alot of cheese, yoghurt my whole life.

Ive got haiduts K2 but didnt do anything for me in any dose.

Okay, but did you ever track calcium intake? And compare it to phosphate?

I was eating those same foods, and found that I was still getting a lot more phosphate.

Peat actually recommends 2 grams of calcium per day, up to 5. It's something to consider, especially if Prolactin and/or PTH are high.

tankasnowgod

You have to understand where I am in life - desperate, occasionally suicidal. Maybe youll understand why im trying lots of things.

If this is the case, I think you should probably find the help of a qualified and competent medical professional.

OP
D

Diddleum

Okay, but did you ever track calcium intake? And compare it to phosphate?

I was eating those same foods, and found that I was still getting a lot more phosphate.

Peat actually recommends 2 grams of calcium per day, up to 5. It's something to consider, especially if Prolactin and/or PTH are high.
Ok thanks, ill look at this more closely.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals