High Estrogen Despite DHT ?

ejalrp

Just had some lab work done. I'm a 60 year old male and Total Estrogens reading is 127 (normal 40-115) and Estradiol also very high at 67 (normal 7-42). Meanwhile, my DHT is a whopping 492! (normal 30-85). I thought that DHT opposes estrogen so it's unclear to me how both can be elevated. FWIW, prolactin reading is 7.2 and SHBG is high at 77. How can I bring my Estrogen levels back to normal? Thanks.

paymanz

How is your testosterone?

Have you used DHT supplement?

Also do you use any other supplements? Some vitamins like A , D , E can help.

OP
E

ejalrp

How is your testosterone?

Have you used DHT supplement?

Also do you use any other supplements? Some vitamins like A , D , E can help.

My rats have been given the DHT supplement and it's very possible that while applying it that some rubbed off on me. My testosterone numbers are 876 total and 17.5 Free. I take daily 10,000 units of D and 30,000 units of A which are already fairly high. Any other suggestions??.

haidut

Forum Supporter
My rats have been given the DHT supplement and it's very possible that while applying it that some rubbed off on me. My testosterone numbers are 876 total and 17.5 Free. I take daily 10,000 units of D and 30,000 units of A which are already fairly high. Any other suggestions??.

High estradiol by itself is not necessarily indicative of high estrogen load. Prolactin is a much better indication of estrogen levels inside cell and estrone sulfate (E1S) is the indication of ttotal estrogenic reserves. Estradiol can be high due to high conversion from estrone or because the high DHT is kicking estradiol out of the cell into the bloodstream. The high total estrogen is probably from the high estradiol. Given that your prolactin is rather normal, I don't think you have an estrogen problem but I would check estrone sulfate just in case.

BastiFuntasty

I would suggest to not overload on that much D. Many report bad reactions to high doses of D, possibly lower doses like 1000 ius a day would be much safer and achieve the same in the long run. I would also always substitute a little k2 with the D.

OP
E

ejalrp

High estradiol by itself is not necessarily indicative of high estrogen load. Prolactin is a much better indication of estrogen levels inside cell and estrone sulfate (E1S) is the indication of ttotal estrogenic reserves. Estradiol can be high due to high conversion from estrone or because the high DHT is kicking estradiol out of the cell into the bloodstream. The high total estrogen is probably from the high estradiol. Given that your prolactin is rather normal, I don't think you have an estrogen problem but I would check estrone sulfate just in case.
Thanks.

OP
E

ejalrp

I would suggest to not overload on that much D. Many report bad reactions to high doses of D, possibly lower doses like 1000 ius a day would be much safer and achieve the same in the long run. I would also always substitute a little k2 with the D.
I had Vitamin D levels measured as well and it came in at 47.8 which is well within normal (and this despite the 10,000 units a day and I try to get decent sun exposure but living in NYC I can't get that much).

Dante

Just had some lab work done. I'm a 60 year old male and Total Estrogens reading is 127 (normal 40-115) and Estradiol also very high at 67 (normal 7-42). Meanwhile, my DHT is a whopping 492! (normal 30-85). I thought that DHT opposes estrogen so it's unclear to me how both can be elevated. FWIW, prolactin reading is 7.2 and SHBG is high at 77. How can I bring my Estrogen levels back to normal? Thanks.
There was a study that as we age , T levels go down, estradiol goes up BUT DHT remains more or less the same or there might be a slight increase (conversion to high dht might be an adaptive mechanism for increased estrogen load) .
Taking small amount of bioavailable zinc would help to reduce aromatization ( bioavailability of zinc also decreases with age). Btw, for a 60 yeard old person your total estrogen is not that high

OP
E

ejalrp

There was a study that as we age , T levels go down, estradiol goes up BUT DHT remains more or less the same or there might be a slight increase (conversion to high dht might be an adaptive mechanism for increased estrogen load) .
Taking small amount of bioavailable zinc would help to reduce aromatization ( bioavailability of zinc also decreases with age). Btw, for a 60 yeard old person your total estrogen is not that high

Thanks for your thoughts. What type of zinc is "bioavailable"?

Dante

picolinate/ gluconate are good sources . You can do a google search for this. Some people get nausea or stomach-ache while taking zinc on an empty stomach so should be taken with a small of food (though a type of zinc compound called zinc-carnosine takes care of that but that's costly and it's used as a prescription drug in Japan for gastritis and ulcers)

DavePalumbo

God, those are extremely good hormone values for someone your age. You must have been very androgenic as young. Even being almost a third your age and my levels are almost half yours.

B

Braveheart

I'm 72 and last I checked my prolactin was 3.5....which means??

SneezeStar

How much dht do you think rubbed off on you?

@ejairp As another member said that's amazing for your age. I think Georgi is right about the high DHT kicking estrogen out of the cell. The reason I say this is my estradiol is low in serum and my DHT is also low in serum but my prolactin is also higher than yours. I think you have nothing to worry about. Would you mind telling us what your diet/lifestyle is like?

What brand of vitamin A and D supplements do you use?

Oh and what DHT supplement is your rat using?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals