Haidut's Recent Comments On Estrogen's Role In Hairloss

hierundjetzt

same, starches and sat fats make me feel good. Same experiences regarding too much liquid. I reduced it through eating more potatoes mainly.

I fixed my digestion with cypro,

Could you kindly elaborate how you fixed your digestion with cypro? What was your protocol? Thx

hierundjetzt

I took/take it
0,5mg with dinner
Idealabs on wrists
Thanks! I will try that, although not with Idealabs since if I order it from the US I will have to pay taxes on it in Europe. Instead I will try to use Periactine (tablet)

Ableton

Thanks! I will try that, although not with Idealabs since if I order it from the US I will have to pay taxes on it in Europe. Instead I will try to use Periactine (tablet)
it lowers dopamine, so be aware of that if you feel motivationless suddenly

mrchibbs

it lowers dopamine, so be aware of that if you feel motivationless suddenly

It doesn't lower dopamine at the doses your taking (i.e. 0.5 on the skin). Any lack of energy in the morning is due to lowering stress hormones.

I often take 1 mg orally, and after I while I don't get any adverse effects.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
When I trace the steps it all started after a severe infection I had in my mouth back in 2005 that I got really sick from.
Severe infection will powerfully lower B1 reserves. This will affect the brain which then affects the gut via Dysautonomia. According to Dr. Lonsdale the gut issues begin in the brain via BeriBeri.

Hair loss is an inflammatory disease caused by nutrient deficiencies and caloric excess. .

In my case that's simply not true. My hair loss over the years has been tied to caloric DEFICIENCY, not excess. Not sure if it's the absolute root cause, but fewer calories = more shedding for me.

From what I can tell reading all of these posts - there is no ONE root cause for everybody. Everybody is different and needs to become an expert on their own root causes and reactions.

jonnytrigger

I think it's very biased to ignore clinical randomised controlled trials on humans showing significant success using finastride and or anti androgens but support some study on mice showing some hair growth.

Or using anecdotes from a friend of a friend to refute the dht theory of scalp hair loss

mrchibbs

I think it's very biased to ignore clinical randomised controlled trials on humans showing significant success using finastride and or anti androgens but support some study on mice showing some hair growth.

Or using anecdotes from a friend of a friend to refute the dht theory of scalp hair loss

It's not biased. The industry is biased for continuing to support an androgen theory that we know was fraudulently shaped by Merck in the 90s. We're literally the only place on the web which is not completely subservient to the androgen theory. Men with so called AGA have no more androgens than other men, and the levels of DHT have been proven to be totally unrelated to the hair loss. Finasteride does not work because it's reducing DHT. If DHT was the problem, the entire hair would regrow. Clinical evidence shows an average of 10% regrowth in hair count with finasteride, with decreasing benefits. That's no cure. And the science is beginning to understand that, with dozens of papers listing the alarming negative effects of finasteride over the past 2 years alone.

Clinical controlled trials on humans are not the gold standard simply because the only people who can fund these studies are the pharmaceutical companies. No one will fund a large scale double-blind study on vitamin D or Progest-E. Yet I'd bet my house that such a study would prove to be more effective than finasteride or minoxidil. Anecdotes are still evidence. Perhaps the not the highest quality of evidence, but they're still worth mention, and studies on mice are how we advance understanding of physiology.

I would suggest you take the time to explore this forum a little bit, before making grand statements.

jonnytrigger

It's not biased. The industry is biased for continuing to support an androgen theory that we know was fraudulently shaped by Merck in the 90s. We're literally the only place on the web which is not completely subservient to the androgen theory. Men with so called AGA have no more androgens than other men, and the levels of DHT have been proven to be totally unrelated to the hair loss. Finasteride does not work because it's reducing DHT. If DHT was the problem, the entire hair would regrow. Clinical evidence shows an average of 10% regrowth in hair count with finasteride, with decreasing benefits. That's no cure. And the science is beginning to understand that, with dozens of papers listing the alarming negative effects of finasteride over the past 2 years alone.

Clinical controlled trials on humans are not the gold standard simply because the only people who can fund these studies are the pharmaceutical companies. No one will fund a large scale double-blind study on vitamin D or Progest-E. Yet I'd bet my house that such a study would prove to be more effective than finasteride or minoxidil. Anecdotes are still evidence. Perhaps the not the highest quality of evidence, but they're still worth mention, and studies on mice are how we advance understanding of physiology.

I would suggest you take the time to explore this forum a little bit, before making grand statements.

I haven't seen many people on this forum who have had success at stopping hair loss let alone regrowing as well as those using finastride, minoxidil etc. I my self have tried the peat way of stopping hair loss for over a year now with no success, so starting to think the androgen theory may be better, although I need to test that for my self. Most of the supplements discussed here caused me more problems than do any good even tho they were supposed to help. Now I'm not against the ray peat method of eating etc, as I find the diet can be helpful for genral health but find the stance on hair loss to be quite biased, as they ignore any evidence that's based on dht.

Btw there are studies on vitamin d, but vitamin d will only work when people have a diffiency, it's not supported for use in MPB. I have yet to see anyone even females grow hair from using progestrone and I haven't seen any males regrowing hair from it either.

Have you read any of the studies on dht and hairloss

mrchibbs

I haven't seen many people on this forum who have had success at stopping hair loss let alone regrowing as well as those using finastride, minoxidil etc. I my self have tried the peat way of stopping hair loss for over a year now with no success, so starting to think the androgen theory may be better, although I need to test that for my self. Most of the supplements discussed here caused me more problems than do any good even tho they were supposed to help. Now I'm not against the ray peat method of eating etc, as I find the diet can be helpful for genral health but find the stance on hair loss to be quite biased, as they ignore any evidence that's based on dht.

Btw there are studies on vitamin d, but vitamin d will only work when people have a diffiency, it's not supported for use in MPB. I have yet to see anyone even females grow hair from using progestrone and I haven't seen any males regrowing hair from it either.

Have you read any of the studies on dht and hairloss

Yes I've read the studies on dht and hairloss, many many many times over the years. My opinion is that it's straight garbage. They never mention prolactin, estrogen or parathyroid, or thyroid function for that matter. It's focused on androgens, despite tons of evidence to the contrary.

I sympathize with you wanting to regrow your hair. But I find it difficult to give any credence to a DHT theory that makes little to no sense.

jonnytrigger

Yes I've read the studies on dht and hairloss, many many many times over the years. My opinion is that it's straight garbage. They never mention prolactin, estrogen or parathyroid, or thyroid function for that matter. It's focused on androgens, despite tons of evidence to the contrary.

I sympathize with you wanting to regrow your hair. But I find it difficult to give any credence to a DHT theory that makes little to no sense.

I do agree that those studies don't comprehensively address other factors such as the ones you mentioned but if you look at them on average, finastride, dutastride, other antiandrogens tend to do better than growth stimulators such as red light, vitamins, minerals etc. Because in the long run those that use anti-androgens loss less hair over time. Additionally, the side effects tend to occur in controls very commonly, and I personally think, those that do get side effect most of them have overall poor health.

I really did wish the ray peat method to help, but after trying almost all the big guns here, progestrone, thyroid, liver zinc, red light, low stress, more sleep, low pufa, collagen, vit d, k2, Danny Roddy's advice, I can honestly say they haven't helped much, if if they have probably minor that wasn't noticeable to the eye. So the dht theory sounds alot better right now, although I would advice others to explore the non-androgen way regrowing hair first as it may be safer.

DhtAssassin

I do agree that those studies don't comprehensively address other factors such as the ones you mentioned but if you look at them on average, finastride, dutastride, other antiandrogens tend to do better than growth stimulators such as red light, vitamins, minerals etc. Because in the long run those that use anti-androgens loss less hair over time. Additionally, the side effects tend to occur in controls very commonly, and I personally think, those that do get side effect most of them have overall poor health.

I really did wish the ray peat method to help, but after trying almost all the big guns here, progestrone, thyroid, liver zinc, red light, low stress, more sleep, low pufa, collagen, vit d, k2, Danny Roddy's advice, I can honestly say they haven't helped much, if if they have probably minor that wasn't noticeable to the eye. So the dht theory sounds alot better right now, although I would advice others to explore the non-androgen way regrowing hair first as it may be safer.

You got a good point. Danny talks a lot, but he hasn't shown any results. We should have hundreds of successful stories at this point, but there are none so far. The only success stories,which got proof (pictures) are from using fin/duta/minox/dermarolling/hormone therapy.. Also, people with 5ar deficiency never get MPB... Another strong argument

mrchibbs

It's up to you if you want to go the DHT route. Your statement about anti androgens being better growth stimulator than red light, vitamins, minerals is not right at all though. Even on pubmed there are several studies showing the hair regrowth effects of 830nm red light, zinc or vitamin D supplementation, even in so called AGA. The entire culture has shaped our mindset and understanding so that we all believe hair loss is somehow genetic and cured with anti-androgens. If that was really the case, there wouldn't be an entire generation of very young men balding right now. As for the side effects, if you want to downplay them, it's at your own risk. 5 years ago there was merely a few papers highlighting the dangers, now they're coming up everywhere. 5-alpha-reductase is essential for brain health, development, orgasm function, neurological function, cognition etc. It's incredibly reckless to mess with it, and it typically isn't restored after you stop finasteride.

Last edited:

jonnytrigger

You got a good point. Danny talks a lot, but he hasn't shown any results. We should have hundreds of successful stories at this point, but there are none so far. The only success stories,which got proof (pictures) are from using fin/duta/minox/dermarolling/hormone therapy.. Also, people with 5ar deficiency never get MPB... Another strong argument

I mean he does seem passionate about about all this stuff but yh he is biased towards the ray peat idea about hair loss, so disregards most clinical trials showing good results with anti-androgens. He said finastride works by increasing nitric oxide to supra physiological levels, if that was the case then high doses of l arginine should give same results as finastride but unfortunately it doesn't.

And I haven't seen him show pictures of his own hair loss or his clients getting success from that way managing hair loss. If energy, inflammation etc was the main cause then wouldn't those using corticosteroids shampoos, methylene blue, thyroid and other adjuncts completely regrow hair?

jonnytrigger

It's up to you if you want to go the DHT route. Your statement about anti androgens being better growth stimulator than red light, vitamins, minerals is not right at all though. Even on pubmed there are several studies showing the hair regrowth effects of 830nm red light, zinc or vitamin D supplementation, even in so called AGA. The entire culture has shaped our mindset and understanding so that we all believe hair loss is somehow genetic and cured with anti-androgens. If that was really the case, there wouldn't be an entire generation of very young men balding right now. As for the side effects, if you want to downplay them, it's at your own risk. 5 years ago there was merely a few papers highlighting the dangers, now they're coming up everywhere. 5-alpha-reductase is essential for brain health, development, orgasm function, neurological function, cognition etc. It's incredibly reckless to mess with it, and it typically isn't restored after you stop finasteride.

As I said in the long run finastride does better than red light and so on as it prevents further hairthair loss and those that benefit from vitamin mineral supplements likely have difficiencies or are on the lower end of normal. Zinc in high doses does have anti dht effects. Sure the dht theory doesn't explain everything, but right now it seems to be clinically used and shows good results in most as it prevents further hair loss and regrowth in some. Plus everyone on finastride isn't completely free of other health problems so that may explain why they develop side effects. And I haven't seen any large scale studies that have shown iriversible side effects, most are case studies or qualitative.

mrchibbs

As I said in the long run finastride does better than red light and so on as it prevents further hairthair loss and those that benefit from vitamin mineral supplements likely have difficiencies or are on the lower end of normal. Zinc in high doses does have anti dht effects. Sure the dht theory doesn't explain everything, but right now it seems to be clinically used and shows good results in most as it prevents further hair loss and regrowth in some. Plus everyone on finastride isn't completely free of other health problems so that may explain why they develop side effects. And I haven't seen any large scale studies that have shown iriversible side effects, most are case studies or qualitative.

I'd argue no one with premature hairloss is healthy in the first place. Not trying to convince you of anything. If you want to take finasteride, good luck to you.

jonnytrigger

I'd argue no one with premature hairloss is healthy in the first place. Not trying to convince you of anything. If you want to take finasteride, good luck to you.

Thanks, if other methods worked, I probably wouldn't even think of taking dht blockers lol

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals