Lokzo

Forum Supporter

Ismail

The combo of LDN + Cypro would make me feel like I would not want to exist. Zero pleasure for anything in life. I would stay away.
@Lokzo you still taking cypro? If so, what dose and how often? Does it still have the positive rebound effect after a few days?

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
@Lokzo you still taking cypro? If so, what dose and how often? Does it still have the positive rebound effect after a few days?

I still use it maybe 1-2 per month or so, and it ALWAYS elicits an amazing rebound effect.

I am actually thinking of doing a 3-4 day course of it at about 2mg to see if it has any lasting changes.

Ismail

I still use it maybe 1-2 per month or so, and it ALWAYS elicits an amazing rebound effect.

I am actually thinking of doing a 3-4 day course of it at about 2mg to see if it has any lasting changes.
Thanks buddy, pls do keep us updated if you do experiment with this for 3-4 days etc. ? ?

metamorph

@haidut | If cyproheptadine compromises my mood way to much, even at a low dowse of 1-2 drops a day what would be a good alternative? I did wait 2-3 weeks but I never adapted to it. After I came off my mood was tremendously elevated and I felt happy again. I want to take a serotonin antagonist to calm down the system before I start an aromatase inhibitor like 11 keto dht.

TranceWax

Does anyone know if Cyproheptadine is safe to use along side an NSAID like Peroxicam for anti cancer support? Struggling to find any literature or data around both of these drugs when used together, any help or links would be amazing.

NewACC

As far as I can tell, at reasonable concentrations (8mg or less in a single dose) cyproheptadine is only antagonistic to the D3 receptor. Taking it with 1mg - 2mg bromocriptine should favor D3 agonism as the affinity of bromocriptine for D3 is stronger than cyproheptadine's.
But @haidut there are few studies that say's that Cypro's antidopaminergic and antihistamine effect lowers over time, while antiserotonin effects seems to be increased

LucyL

Does anyone know if Cyproheptadine is safe to use along side an NSAID like Peroxicam for anti cancer support? Struggling to find any literature or data around both of these drugs when used together, any help or links would be amazing.
Why use an NSAID? Aspirin is better for anti-cancer.

southcesar

is it ok to use cyproheptadine long term (for the rest of your life)? I ask because I take it for 5 days and I don't take it for 2 days. I've been doing this for a month now and I feel great. Hardly any anxiety, clean tongue, less hair falling out in the shower and I feel my face is less puffy.

TomBrady12

Charlie, I have combined them and continue to do so. Before doing so I asked a pharmacist at my local CVS about safety and he said (with an expression on his face "how did you think of that?!") that combining them was a very innovative way to achieve stronger effects while keeping dosage low. He said taking them separate would require higher dosage of either drug.
My regular dosage is 4mg ondansetron and 4mg cypro. If I have stomach issues and decide to raise the dosage I only bump up the cypro and keep ondansetron at 4mg. Anything more than 4mg of ondansetron gives me major constipation so I get worried about endotoxin from the reduced bowel emptying.
Could you combine 4 mg of ondansetron with higher doses of cypro (20+) if you are trying to resolve gut issues and escape the high serotonin/ learned helplessness state? I'm already experimenting with 20+ mg of cypro and experiencing some benefit, just wondering if adding ondansetron could provide additional help.

NewACC

this will definitely cause severe constipation
Could you combine 4 mg of ondansetron with higher doses of cypro (20+) if you are trying to resolve gut issues and escape the high serotonin/ learned helplessness state? I'm already experimenting with 20+ mg of cypro and experiencing some benefit, just wondering if adding ondansetron could provide additional help.

TomBrady12

this will definitely cause severe constipation
Do you think it’s best to stick with one or the other? Like is their any benefit to try to combine them or in theory does high doses of cypro accomplish the same thing to help with gut issues/ lower high serotonin

NewACC

Do you think it’s best to stick with one or the other? Like is their any benefit to try to combine them or in theory does high doses of cypro accomplish the same thing to help with gut issues/ lower high serotonin
If I had enough money, I'd use very high doses of cypro, because I tolerate them very well and get wonderful response to. There is some evidence of a lack of building tolerance to it's antiserotonin effect and I really hope and rely on it. I prefer cypro, because it covers big part of "peaty" targets

jrayr90

My cypro order is arriving today from idealabs.

I’m hoping 0.5mg will help with quality of sleep. Is this best taken topically (if so, where?) or orally?

Thanks

Sapien

Tyrosine gets converted into dopamine when UV light hits the retina.
can anyone help find the study that Haidut is referencing here? that dopamine is only produced in the presence of UV light?

AOSJ

Forum Supporter
My cypro order is arriving today from idealabs.

I’m hoping 0.5mg will help with quality of sleep. Is this best taken topically (if so, where?) or orally?

Thanks
I see this question was asked a while ago. What did you find out? I’m putting my wife on this to treat cancer and try to help her wean completely of her SNRI drug

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals