Christianity And Life

keith

georgebushdance.gif

@Such_Saturation You are an angel...

keith

You speak words without knowledge when you use the term 'Halleluiah'(praise ye Jehovah) to mock God's truth.

Your idea of knowledge and mine are obviously different, and to me "God's truth" is an oxymoron, but if believing as you believe helps you better enjoy your life, than have at it. Just don't expect everyone else to give reverence to your views. We're just having a little fun. Like you said to Dave, "No one is forcing you to read any comment."

FD8

"If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her." (Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NAB)

"... And the LORD said unto Moses, 'Take all the heads of the people and hang them up before the LORD against the sun, that the fierce anger of the LORD may be turned away from Israel." (Numbers 25:3-4)

"... Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ****." (I Samuel 15:2-3)

God slowly kills a baby because of his fathers mistake.
( 2 Samuel chapter 12 )

“If anyone comes to Me, and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be My disciple." ( Luke 14:26 )

"The One forming light and creating darkness, Causing well-being and creating calamity; I am the LORD who does all these. " ( Isaiah 45:7 )

God approved of the people throwing rocks at Achan, his CHILDREN , and even his animals, until they died ( stoning ) because HE stole some stuff.
( Joshua 7 )

"Also the daughter of any priest, if she profanes herself by harlotry, she profanes her father; she shall be burned with fire." ( Leviticus 21:9 )

God has two bears tear apart 42 children for making fun of Elisha for being bald. ( 2 Kings 2 )

God hardens Pharoahs heart so he would be stubborn and not listen to moses. One of the punishments for Pharoah not listening is to kill hundrends of innocent firstborn boys... So the god of the bible kills a bunch of children, men, and animals because he himself made Pharoah stubborn and unwilling to listen. ( Exodus 9:12, and ch12 )

If I had more time I could come up with many many more... Ya, thats quite a book.

You're quoting the old testament ...

FD8

RP speaks highly of of orthodox Christians and Aristotle. I don't think he'd find anything wrong with the Thomist tradition

sugarisgreat

Your idea of knowledge and mine are obviously different, and to me "God's truth" is an oxymoron, but if believing as you believe helps you better enjoy your life, than have at it. Just don't expect everyone else to give reverence to your views. We're just having a little fun. Like you said to Dave, "No one is forcing you to read any comment."
Agreed, but this is a Christian discussion.

keith

T

tca300

You're quoting the old testament ...
Yup, whats your point? The bible is composed of 66 books, ALL of which are inspired by its god ( 2 Timothy 3:16 ) who doesnt change ( Malachi 3:6 ) and all books are beneficial for teaching, ( 2 Timothy 3:16 ) Jesus acknowledges moses giving the law, and says nobody keeps it, when they should, and he endorses it as well ( John 7:19, Matthew 5:18-19, Luke 16:17 ) oh and slavery in your New testament ( luke 7:2, Colossians 3:22, Titus 2:9-10, Luke 17:7-9, Ephesians 6:5, Colossians 4:1, 1 Timothy 6:1-5 ) Dont argue that times have changed... slavery is illegal in most places because man made moral laws, not because of christain love. An all loving, all knowing god, would have never allowed one human to own another, let alone endorse it. Im done with this conversation, none of you even know your " holy book ", unlike myself who has studied it in depth for over a decade, and you guys seem to be suffering from cognitive dissonance, or worse, think those atrocities in the bible are totally moral and justified. :2cents:

Last edited by a moderator:

sugarisgreat

Not following your point.
This point is common sense.
I do not go into a discussion thread on DHT/male pattern baldness, etc. and make fun of the men commenting-for to those men, the issue is a serious one.

Why would someone mock someone holding traditional Scriptural beliefs?

Why would they even read the thread, if they don't believe in the God of the preserved Scriptures (which are the foundations of the Christian faith).

Just a question to ask yourself-not one I need an answer to.

Drareg

:clap
"If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her." (Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NAB)

"... And the LORD said unto Moses, 'Take all the heads of the people and hang them up before the LORD against the sun, that the fierce anger of the LORD may be turned away from Israel." (Numbers 25:3-4)

"... Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ****." (I Samuel 15:2-3)

God slowly kills a baby because of his fathers mistake.
( 2 Samuel chapter 12 )

“If anyone comes to Me, and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be My disciple." ( Luke 14:26 )

"The One forming light and creating darkness, Causing well-being and creating calamity; I am the LORD who does all these. " ( Isaiah 45:7 )

God approved of the people throwing rocks at Achan, his CHILDREN , and even his animals, until they died ( stoning ) because HE stole some stuff.
( Joshua 7 )

"Also the daughter of any priest, if she profanes herself by harlotry, she profanes her father; she shall be burned with fire." ( Leviticus 21:9 )

God has two bears tear apart 42 children for making fun of Elisha for being bald. ( 2 Kings 2 )

God hardens Pharoahs heart so he would be stubborn and not listen to moses. One of the punishments for Pharoah not listening is to kill hundrends of innocent firstborn boys... So the god of the bible kills a bunch of children, men, and animals because he himself made Pharoah stubborn and unwilling to listen. ( Exodus 9:12, and ch12 )

If I had more time I could come up with many many more... Ya, thats quite a book.

:clap
Take a bow,wonderfully put.

The parables of Jesus Christ are less horrific/psychopathic.
It's kind of hard to see the metaphor in tearing apart 42 kids for laughing at a bald guy, perhaps Peating was common back then and they laughed at his stupidity for not solving it.

Hating your mother,father is an interesting metaphor however, it may be a nod to genetics/epigenetics.

keith

I do not go into a discussion thread on DHT/male pattern baldness, etc. and make fun of the men commenting-for to those men, the issue is a serious one.

Why would they even read the thread, if they don't believe in the God of the preserved Scriptures (which are the foundations of the Christian faith).

I don't think I mocked anyone's beliefs. Dave said a prayer and I gave him a hallelujah because it was brilliant. If you are offended by that, then I think you are reading something into it wasn't intended.

Drareg

Dht and male pattern baldness we know and observe, we can't currently prove what the bible says, it's open for debate and discussion, Davefosters comment was light hearted wit on a topic that is currently extremely difficult to prove, it's far from a mocking comment.

The problem with religious scriptures is the fact we can't light heartedly debate them anymore,they are taken way to serious.

You really need the answer to your question, he reads the thread because its public and open to the public.

Why would you a practicing Christian discriminate against somebody wanting to read scriptures who doesn't believe in God?
How will they find Christianity in this case?

Didn't the J man said to his disciples(or somebody) that you shall not die cause the end of the world stuff was supposed to happen before.

"Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom."

So i guess it happened already?
:studying

Simonsays

The Christian Trinity........Father (God), Son, Holy Ghost/Spirit....or....Priest, King, Prophet....or...Kingdom, Power, Glory......all are three titles/leaders and are one and the same....were also positions in the Judean Essene jewish sect. The highest position being Father (God). 2nd Holy Ghost. 3rd Son.

Sheer coincidence obviously with Christianity??

Christianity grew out of the Essene sect. Under early Christianity, Jesus occupied all three positions and was accepted by his followers , as such, all three in one (Father, Son and the Holy Ghost), whereas before its establishment he only held the position of Son (of God/Father), as he is sometimes referred to in the New Testament.

There were 3 crosses at The Crucifixion (Bar abbas (means son of the father) ie Jesus).......(he sits at the right hand (Son) of the Father and he will come again in Glory)................All three leaders were crucified........(Jesus survived however as did Simon Magus the third, Judas was taken down and thrown off a cliff).

I have an interest in the history of early Christianity and its origins, the Essene jewish sect.

OP
K

kyle

I think a lot of critics of Christianity fixate on this or that (I'm not a trained theologian to give a thorough answer to but somehow I doubt the average critic is either) but on the other hand, what do they believe is superior belief?

For example-

Not only is the scientific criteria pretty scant for the endlessly multiplying number of psychological theories, how would you go about proving and applying any scientific theory to an immeasurably broad array of people and situations? Without Christianity I think you're often left with a system serving industries and ideological demagogues pushing their definition of health and sanity. As evidence look at the innumerably multiplying mental diseases and drugs being sold to treat them.

@Simonsays

If you want to be technical about it, Jewish sects originate in Christ. E.g., "I am the alpha and omega."

It is just a modern semantic thing to says Christianity arose out of Judaism which results from a sort of materialist historical perspective but which is theological incorrect. (Even going by materialist argument, modern Jews are nothing like ancient Hebrews. At any rate, the semantics are all wrong.)

From Christian perspective, Christians are the new Israel and Christ is fulfillment of the prophecy. God is outside of time so it makes sense.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals