Orthodoxy And The Religion Of The Future

Blossom

Forum Supporter
It wouldn't bother me I think (to the pure all things are pure), but I probably wouldn't find a home there.
I didn’t mean to give the impression at all that I thought it would bother you. Please forgive me for coming across that way. Here’s the iconography from one parish we visited a lot during the lockdowns.
64E1D5B5-783A-40E7-9845-F677C33C23E6.jpeg
79905129-39B6-4343-9555-D8F07D2B364D.jpeg

One priest explained it as another way beyond only words of communicating the Gospel back when most average people were illiterate fwiw.

Perry Staltic

I didn’t mean to give the impression at all that I thought it would bother you. Please forgive me for coming across that way. Here’s the iconography from one parish we visited a lot during the lockdowns.
View attachment 47655View attachment 47656
One priest explained it as another way beyond only words of communicating the Gospel back when most average people were illiterate fwiw.

Looks like art to me. Hardly needs defending IMO

Peachy

Now an entire NHL team, emboldened by his integrity, has followed Proverov’s lead. The New York Rangers declined to wear their “rainbow”practice jerseys prior to a home game against the Vegas Golden Knights on January 27th, which had been designated “Pride Night.” The team’s promotions had promised that the players would, but they apparently decided that they were not going to be the organization’s cynical billboards. Not wearing the jerseys does not, as some claimed, constitute a rejection of the LGBTQ+ cause. It is a rejection of forced political or social expression.

Peachy

“The kingdom of heaven is like yeast that a woman took and mixed into about sixty pounds of flour until it worked all through the dough.” Matthew 13:33

This isn’t about gay rights. It’s about the right to refuse to wear rainbow gear.

View: https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1641048587474747392?s=20

This started in January with a Russian Orthodox player, Provorov not wearing a rainbow jersey, saying he respects everyone but wants to stay true to himself and his religion. And people went nuts.

This is pretty funny:

View: https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1615723464429801484?s=20

Last edited:
Mainly for those interested in Christianity and it’s battle with the Occult/New Age religion that we are being indoctrinated into (opinion of mine as a disclaimer).
Not looking to have a religious/spiritual debate on what’s true/false but I recently read this book by an Orthodox Father named Seraphim Rose (he was a convert in the later part of his life). This dude went through a lot of eastern religions and occult practices in his life early life until finding his way to orthodox Christianity. He was even a student of Alan Watt in the early 60s. This book really resonated with me as it ties in with my own experiences and thoughts in my younger days when I also was interested in the occult and eastern mysticism.

For those that have read Constance Cumbey’s The Hidden Dangers of The Rainbow, this book was regarded as an inspiration for her.

I know there will be some on this forum that will be triggered simply by the words religion or Christianity so for you, please ignore this post. For anybody else interested , check it out. Really worth a read.

Orthodoxy and the Religion of the Future by Seraphim Rose
Seraphim Roses book on Nihilism is another profound read. He takes Nietzsche head on and I think does a very good job making a compelling case for a Christian (Orthodox) worldview. Anyone who wants to approach Christianity from a philosophical perspective, Fr Seraphim Rose is a must read

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals