Santa Claus is a counterfeit of Christ's return

I was recently speaking with someone and they gave me the age-old words of, "why would I believe in something I can't see? That's like believing in Santa Claus."

To which I affirm that while we cannot pinpoint an exact working of the Holy Spirit, it is an easy thing to point out the lying work of Satan.

And therein is wisdom.

Here's a summary of points between the two with scriptural pairings listed below:
+BOTH Santa Claus and the Lord Jesus Christ...
-Bear the name of Christ [Kris (Christopher) Kringle]
-Are carpenters.
-Live towards the north.
-Are best known for their arrival which is sudden, unannounced, and in the middle of the night.
-Wear a red and white outfit.
-Have hair that is white like wool.
-Make lists (of people) and check them twice.
-Say, "Ho, ho."
-Can visit every house in the same night.
-Can always see you, knowing if you're bad or good.
-Give gifts.
-Suffer children to come unto them.
-Are known as fathers.
-Are very old.
-Have a "twinkle" in their eyes.
-Have beards.

*Santa Claus visits every house on the same night.
*The Lord Jesus Christ is omnipresent:
Psalms 139:7
[7] Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?

*Santa Claus sees you when you're sleeping, knows when you're awake, and knows if you've been bad or good.
*The Lord Jesus Christ is omniscient and knows whether you've been bad or good.
Proverbs 15:3
[3] The eyes of the LORD are in every place, beholding the evil and the good.

*Santa Claus gives gifts.
*God the Father gives gifts:
Matthew 7:11
[11] If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

*Santa Claus has little children come into him.
*Little children run unto the Lord:
Matthew 19:14
[14] But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.

*Santa Claus is a jolly old elf.
*God is the Ancient of days:
Daniel 7:9
[9] I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire.

>Also, the Lord was before Abraham:
John 8:58
[58] Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

*Q: what is Santa's profession?
>Q: what kinds of toys does Santa make in his workshop?
A: wooden ones, thereby affirming that he is a professional CARPENTER.
[Santa Claus is often depicted in a woodworking shop making toys]

*The Lord was a carpenter in His earthly profession:
Mark 6:3
[3] Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him.

*Santa lives at the north pole.
*God sits in the sides of the north:
Isaiah 14:12-13
[12] How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
[13] For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

Q: what is Santa's favorite expression?
A: Santa says ho, ho, ho.

*The Lord said Ho ho:
Zechariah 2:5-6
[5] For I, saith the LORD, will be unto her a wall of fire round about, and will be the glory in the midst of her.
[6] Ho, ho, come forth, and flee from the land of the north, saith the LORD: for I have spread you abroad as the four winds of the heaven, saith the LORD.

*Santa is known as "father Christmas."
*Christ is the everlasting Father:
Isaiah 9:6
[6] For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

*Santa is also known as Kris Kringle. "Kris" is short for "Christopher" meaning "bearing Christ inside."
*The Lord Jesus is the true Christ:
1 John 2:22
[22] Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

Q: who or what is Santa Claus?
A: Santa Claus is obviously a counterfeit of the Lord Jesus Christ, but he is a counterfeit of a very specific aspect of the Lord, but--

Q: Which aspect of the Lord is Santa Claus a counterfeit of?
A: Santa Claus is a counterfeit of Jesus Christ specifically with regard to the Second Coming.

*Santa Claus is best known for his coming. I.e. "Santa Claus is coming to town!" [music]
*The timeline of history waits for the return of the Lord Jesus Christ:
Revelation 22:12
[12] And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

*Santa is always pictured with white hair and a white beard.
*Christ had a beard:
Isaiah 50:6
[6] I gave my back to the smiters, and my cheeks to them that plucked off the hair: I hid not my face from shame and spitting.

>His cheeks had hair that was plucked, implying that He had a beard.

>Also, Christ's hair and beard at the Second Coming is white like wool:
Revelation 1:14
[14] His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;

>A secondary note to Revelation 1:14 is that it is commonly said that Santa has a twinkle in his eyes whereas Christ has eyes that were as a flame of fire.

*Santa wears red and white.
*The Lord wears red and white at His return:
Revelation 19:13
[13] And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

*Santa Claus comes suddenly, surreptitiously, and unannounced in the middle of the night.
*The Lord returns as a thief in the night (the following three verses confirm this):
1 Thessalonians 5:2
[2] For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

Revelation 3:3
[3] Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.

Revelation 16:15
[15] Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.

*Santa Claus makes a list.
*The Lord keeps both the book of life and the other books:
Revelation 20:12
[12] And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

*Santa Claus checks his list twice.
*The Lord knows who is saved and who is lost but nonetheless reviews the book of life to be doubly sure:
Revelation 20:15
[15] And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

+++++++
CONSIDER: Is Santa Claus designed to be a counterfeit of the Lord Jesus Christ at the Second Coming SO THAT just as it is childish and foolish to believe in Santa, it would be similarly childish and foolish to believe in the Second Coming of Christ?

Does Satan wish to condition people to outgrow their belief in the Lord Jesus Christ's return just like they outgrow their belief in Santa?
+++++++

A special thank you to David Reid at the Columbus Bible church for shedding the light on this matter.
The presentation which I took this from can be found here:

It also addresses why making cows sacred are a means of worshipping Satan and also how Godzilla pairs with the Leviathan of scripture.

Last edited:

Perry Staltic

Santa dresses like a dork. The toy shop in the North Pole is just cover for a big pedophile operation.

B

Blaze

I was recently speaking with someone and they gave me the age-old words of, "why would I believe in something I can't see? That's like believing in Santa Claus."

To which I affirm that while we cannot pinpoint an exact working of the Holy Spirit, it is an easy thing to point out the lying work of Satan.

And therein is wisdom.

Here's a summary of points between the two with scriptural pairings listed below:
+BOTH Santa Claus and the Lord Jesus Christ...
-Bear the name of Christ [Kris (Christopher) Kringle]
-Are carpenters.
-Live towards the north.
-Are best known for their arrival which is sudden, unannounced, and in the middle of the night.
-Wear a red and white outfit.
-Have hair that is white like wool.
-Make lists (of people) and check them twice.
-Say, "Ho, ho."
-Can visit every house in the same night.
-Can always see you, knowing if you're bad or good.
-Give gifts.
-Suffer children to come unto them.
-Are known as fathers.
-Are very old.
-Have a "twinkle" in their eyes.
-Have beards.

*Santa Claus visits every house on the same night.
*The Lord Jesus Christ is omnipresent:
Psalms 139:7
[7] Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?

*Santa Claus sees you when you're sleeping, knows when you're awake, and knows if you've been bad or good.
*The Lord Jesus Christ is omniscient and knows whether you've been bad or good.
Proverbs 15:3
[3] The eyes of the LORD are in every place, beholding the evil and the good.

*Santa Claus gives gifts.
*God the Father gives gifts:
Matthew 7:11
[11] If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

*Santa Claus has little children come into him.
*Little children run unto the Lord:
Matthew 19:14
[14] But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.

*Santa Claus is a jolly old elf.
*God is the Ancient of days:
Daniel 7:9
[9] I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire.

>Also, the Lord was before Abraham:
John 8:58
[58] Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

*Q: what is Santa's profession?
>Q: what kinds of toys does Santa make in his workshop?
A: wooden ones, thereby affirming that he is a professional CARPENTER.
[Santa Claus is often depicted in a woodworking shop making toys]

*The Lord was a carpenter in His earthly profession:
Mark 6:3
[3] Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him.

*Santa lives at the north pole.
*God sits in the sides of the north:
Isaiah 14:12-13
[12] How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
[13] For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

Q: what is Santa's favorite expression?
A: Santa says ho, ho, ho.

*The Lord said Ho ho:
Zechariah 2:5-6
[5] For I, saith the LORD, will be unto her a wall of fire round about, and will be the glory in the midst of her.
[6] Ho, ho, come forth, and flee from the land of the north, saith the LORD: for I have spread you abroad as the four winds of the heaven, saith the LORD.

*Santa is known as "father Christmas."
*Christ is the everlasting Father:
Isaiah 9:6
[6] For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

*Santa is also known as Kris Kringle. "Kris" is short for "Christopher" meaning "bearing Christ inside."
*The Lord Jesus is the true Christ:
1 John 2:22
[22] Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

Q: who or what is Santa Claus?
A: Santa Claus is obviously a counterfeit of the Lord Jesus Christ, but he is a counterfeit of a very specific aspect of the Lord, but--

Q: Which aspect of the Lord is Santa Claus a counterfeit of?
A: Santa Claus is a counterfeit of Jesus Christ specifically with regard to the Second Coming.

*Santa Claus is best known for his coming. I.e. "Santa Claus is coming to town!" [music]
*The timeline of history waits for the return of the Lord Jesus Christ:
Revelation 22:12
[12] And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

*Santa is always pictured with white hair and a white beard.
*Christ had a beard:
Isaiah 50:6
[6] I gave my back to the smiters, and my cheeks to them that plucked off the hair: I hid not my face from shame and spitting.

>His cheeks had hair that was plucked, implying that He had a beard.

>Also, Christ's hair and beard at the Second Coming is white like wool:
Revelation 1:14
[14] His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;

>A secondary note to Revelation 1:14 is that it is commonly said that Santa has a twinkle in his eyes whereas Christ has eyes that were as a flame of fire.

*Santa wears red and white.
*The Lord wears red and white at His return:
Revelation 19:13
[13] And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

*Santa Claus comes suddenly, surreptitiously, and unannounced in the middle of the night.
*The Lord returns as a thief in the night (the following three verses confirm this):
1 Thessalonians 5:2
[2] For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

Revelation 3:3
[3] Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.

Revelation 16:15
[15] Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.

*Santa Claus makes a list.
*The Lord keeps both the book of life and the other books:
Revelation 20:12
[12] And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

*Santa Claus checks his list twice.
*The Lord knows who is saved and who is lost but nonetheless reviews the book of life to be doubly sure:
Revelation 20:15
[15] And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

+++++++
CONSIDER: Is Santa Claus designed to be a counterfeit of the Lord Jesus Christ at the Second Coming SO THAT just as it is childish and foolish to believe in Santa, it would be similarly childish and foolish to believe in the Second Coming of Christ?

Does Satan wish to condition people to outgrow their belief in the Lord Jesus Christ's return just like they outgrow their belief in Santa?
+++++++

A special thank you to David Reid at the Columbus Bible church for shedding the light on this matter.
The presentation which I took this from can be found here:

It also addresses why making cows sacred are a means of worshipping Satan and also how Godzilla pairs with the Leviathan of scripture.

I take from your context that you believe Christianity is true and would testify so to others here. If that is indeed the case and you do believe that , I would gently suggest you do nothing intellectually good by comparing an obvious mythology of Santa Claus loosely based on some deceased gift giving bishop to a God you believe is still alive and saves people.
The question the person wanted answered was "why would I believe in something I can't see?" Asking for any insight you might have on the matter. There is nothing wrong with asking that question. It's only natural. It's a fair question people have been inquiring so - for thousands of years now................ I would have tried to answer that.

Last edited by a moderator:

CreakyJoints

He was a bishop who slapped Arius at the Council of Nicea. The Nicene Creed is written the way it is because Arius' opinion on the inter-relationship between the Father and Son was deemed heretical. As with the vast majority of saints, the rest is folklore.

I was unaware of (m?)any denominations that didn't use the Nicene Creed, I mean - the structure and content of the Bible itself is a product of their meeting. I know that before you have expressed you do not recognise this for whatever reason, but it is a little surprising to hear him being equated with a literal Satan, especially when the etymology of the name is relatively well documented.

I know you weren't particularly fond of any of my responses to your previous thread, and I can only think that this one will irk you further, so I shall save us both the vexation of a lengthy discussion and hide this one shortly. Whatever your stance, I respect that it is your opinion and none of the information I present is likely to change that; regardless, I hope you find the answers you're looking for.

OP
Twohandsondeck
I would suggest you do nothing intellectually good by comparing an obvious mythology of Santa Claus
One man's trash is a another man's treasure :gift:
The question the person wanted answered was "why would I believe in something I can't see?" Asking for any insight you might have on the matter. There is nothing wrong with asking that question. It's only natural. It's a fair question people have been inquiring so - for thousands of years now................ I would have tried to answer that.
Indeed it is. I spoke with this person intermittently for several hours over the course of several days, so this question was answered early on, you can rest assured. Any "insight" is simply a willingness to ask - in faith, to the air, in subjection, in surrender - if Jesus Christ is in fact the Son of God come in the flesh.

The act of faith requires a replacement of pride with humility, the intent of selfishness with the intent of selflessness, and/or the individual ego with the collective peace, or however you want to phrase it. Inquiring to the universe about an absolute subjective (moral) truth which, in turn, shapes this objective reality of flesh, bone, and trees that we find ourselves living amongst.

Some scriptures that may supplicate these points are:

1 Corinthians 2:14
[14] But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

2 Corinthians 5:7
[7] (For we walk by faith, not by sight:)

1 Corinthians 1:18-19
[18] For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
[19] For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.

1 John 4:1-3
[1] Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
[2] Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
[3] And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

Psalms 34:18
[18] The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

*I'll add that the reason why people do not subject themselves to the (morally perfect) subjection of God is because they prefer the darkness over the light. If they come to the light, they will be reproved. Maintaining a pleasure in unrighteousness goes hand in hand with the addicting satisfaction of accomplishment that comes from proclaiming that we made something - that we were the beginning and the end, the alpha and the omega - of what it is that we're making a proclaimation over.

For instance, if I build a sand castle... When I'm done with it, I no longer say, "I made this!" because that's fundamentally incorrect. I didn't make the sand on the sea shore, God did. I just moved it around. It's by the grace of God that I was given the ability to "make" a sand castle... And so the glory is given to God, not me. The creation worships the Creator, as is evidenced in nature all around by the natural order of all observable nature. Every animal and plant operates naturally except for men who have their own spirit, which comes with free will.

John 3:20-21
[20] For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
[21] But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

2 Thessalonians 2:10-12
[10] And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
[11] And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
[12] That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Ecclesiastes 1:9
[9] The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

[Regarding the spirit of man]

Job 32:8
[8] But there is a spirit in man: and the inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding.

Proverbs 20:27
[27] The spirit of man is the candle of the LORD, searching all the inward parts of the belly.

Ecclesiastes 12:7
[7] Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

[In my opinion, the most relevant summation of modern man today]

Romans 1:16-25
[16] For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
[17] For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.
[18] For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
[19] Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
[20] For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
[21] Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
[22] Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
[23] And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
[24] Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
[25] Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

B

Blaze

Indeed it is. I spoke with this person intermittently for several hours over the course of several days, so this question was answered early on, you can rest assured.
Good to hear. Sometimes people get every answer except for the one they asked for. You can overwhelm a person with TMI. Quoting tons of verses instead of actually listening to a fellow human being can do more harm than good. At least you do have a lot of enthusiasm. I can appreciate that.

OP
Twohandsondeck
He was a bishop who slapped Arius at the Council of Nicea. The Nicene Creed is written the way it is because Arius' opinion on the inter-relationship between the Father and Son was deemed heretical. As with the vast majority of saints, the rest is folklore.

I was unaware of (m?)any denominations that didn't use the Nicene Creed, I mean - the structure and content of the Bible itself is a product of their meeting. I know that before you have expressed you do not recognise this for whatever reason, but it is a little surprising to hear him being equated with a literal Satan, especially when the etymology of the name is relatively well documented.

There are two lines of manuscripts upon which all Bible translations are founded.
1. The Syrian line (99% of available scripture, 5,321 manuscripts, all agree with each other and confirm the same story with all books of both the Old & New Testaments)
2. The Alexandrian line (1% of available scripture, 45 manuscripts, none of them agree with each other or the Syrian manuscripts. Includes the Codex Sinaiticus and the Vaticanus, of which have their own rendition of most of the New Testament, but are missing several books out of the Old Testament... Importantly, every single new translation made today is based on Alexandrian manuscripts and they ALL have a copyright on them, meaning that someone makes money on them)

The only Bible translation that we have available to us today which is translated solely from the Syrian manuscripts is the 1611 KJV.

The 1611 KJV is the only translation which doesn't have a copyright, meaning no one publisher makes money on it.

It's also the only translation which states absolutely that the love of money is the root of all evil:

1 Timothy 6:10
[10] For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

There is only one word of God. For it is written, He is not the author of confusion:

1 Corinthians 14:33
[33] For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

Psalms 12:6-7
[6] The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
[7] Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.

Esther 8:8 (KJV)
[8] Write ye also for the Jews, as it liketh you, in the king's name, and seal it with the king's ring: for the writing which is written in the king's name, and sealed with the king's ring, may no man reverse.

1 Kings 8:56 (KJV)
[56] Blessed be the LORD, that hath given rest unto his people Israel, according to all that he promised: there hath not failed one word of all his good promise, which he promised by the hand of Moses his servant.

Psalms 119:89 (KJV)
[89] For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven.

_________
As for what I recognize, it is these aforementioned words that there is only one book which is alive and the rest are dead.

Proverbs 21:16 (KJV)
[16] The man that wandereth out of the way of understanding shall remain in the congregation of the dead.

There are no denominations with God. His children are the Holy temple and He has promised us His inerrant word. All of the fallacies that men make after getting this foundation wrong are exactly that: the products of men.

Romans 2:11
[11] For there is no respect of persons with God.

Galatians 3:28
[28] There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 3:18-19
[18] (For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ:
[19] Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)

1 Corinthians 6:19
[19] What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

I told the same person which I mentioned in the introduction of this thread that I'm equally disappointed with those who reject the gospel as I am with those who claim to be Christians yet live in such hypocrisy because they welcome the justification of men into their lives by attending denominational ceremonies and using a number of translations put forth by Satan. To many believers I'm considered a heretick and/or a cultist for such ideas that ultimately scratch against squeaky clean ideas of regular church attendance, catering to legalism, and whatever an individual person's 'interpretation' of God is to them.

And certainly all other translations are put out by Satan, because it is written in them that Satan is God (replacing "son of the morning" with "morning star" in Isaiah 14:12). In the same translations which do this, they also omit the name of Lucifer entirely. A title of Jesus Christ is "morning star" as found in Revelation 22:16.

God is God, He says what He says, and that moral handbook is the absolute truth of this world... Even more fortunately, it also happens to reveal what will soon come to pass and brings a connecting light to all that is currently in the midst of passing, which is a great affirmation considering that it was written about 1,900 years ago.
I know you weren't particularly fond of any of my responses to your previous thread, and I can only think that this one will irk you further, so I shall save us both the vexation of a lengthy discussion and hide this one shortly. Whatever your stance, I respect that it is your opinion and none of the information I present is likely to change that; regardless, I hope you find the answers you're looking for.
Haha hey it's been all good all the time. I'm sorry if you heard a tone over text that put you off. I intend nothing but charity.

Lastly, these few verses harken to the previous point I made about many believers, but also 1 Timothy 1:5 is a fitting response to your latter sentiment.

1 Timothy 1:5-7
[5] Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned:
[6] From which some having swerved have turned aside unto vain jangling;
[7] Desiring to be teachers of the law; understanding neither what they say, nor whereof they affirm.

meatbag

@Twohandsondeck @Blaze

Why did the founder of Protestantism, Martin Luther, have peasants tortured and killed?
"Therefore let everyone who can, smite, slay, and stab, secretly or openly, remembering that nothing can be more poisonous, hurtful, or devilish than a rebel ... For baptism does not make men free in body and property, but in soul; and the gospel does not make goods common, except in the case of those who, of their own free will, do what the apostles and disciples did in Acts 4 [:32–37]. They did not demand, as do our insane peasants in their raging, that the goods of others—of Pilate and Herod—should be common, but only their own goods. Our peasants, however, want to make the goods of other men common, and keep their own for themselves. Fine Christians they are! I think there is not a devil left in hell; they have all gone into the peasants. Their raving has gone beyond all measure."
Martin Luther - Wikipedia

I don't know all of this stuff in this thread and barely read any, but to me Santa Claus was the guy in red who brought me presents for a few years, soon before never showing up again as I grew in to puberty and the magic of Christmas stopped (or maybe that was just the money getting tighter).

There was a fat guy who was sort of tall who I saw often/was a relative (kinda fit the Santa Claus archetype/morphology), but he died of a heart attack several years ago.

I guess Santa Claus went from jolly fat guy and a symbol of happiness to an annual, fake smiles gift card from family that you spend on booze, coffee or distractions.

Of course times change and you ideally shouldn't hold on to the past negatively, but perhaps Santa can mean more or at least mean something different to me these days. I mean I recall those moments of being a kid and seeing that tree and presents and feeling that certain way on Christmas day, only to remember soon after that the following years showed no trees, less happiness, more problems and of course no or few gifts at best. In a sense it was like going from a blissful paradise in some ways to a troublesome, dark haze in others. Santa Claus to me now ought to be the person I might want to be in a certain light -- a symbol who brings joy and is joyful themselves. As a kid you easily fall for joy and embody more peace (usually at least), whereas adults tend to still have that little dark cloud above them, even in the cheerier times.

Last edited:

meatbag

I don't know all of this stuff in this thread and barely read any, but to me Santa Claus was the guy in red who brought me presents for a few years, soon before never showing up again as I grew in to puberty and the magic of Christmas stopped (or maybe that was just the money getting tighter).

There was a fat guy who was sort of tall who I saw often/was a relative (kinda fit the Santa Claus archetype/morphology), but he died of a heart attack several years ago.

I guess Santa Claus went from jolly fat guy and a symbol of happiness to an annual, fake smiles gift card from family that you spend on booze, coffee or distractions.

Of course times change and you ideally shouldn't hold on to the past negatively, but perhaps Santa can mean more or at least mean something different to me these days. I mean I recall those moments of being a kid and seeing that tree and presents and feeling that certain way on Christmas day, only to remember soon after that the following years showed no trees, less happiness, more problems and of course no or few gifts at best. In a sense it was like going from a blissful paradise in some ways to a troublesome, dark haze in others. Santa Claus to me now ought to be the person I might want to be in a certain light -- a symbol who brings joy and is joyful themselves. As a kid you easily fall for joy and embody more peace (usually at least), whereas adults tend to still have that little dark cloud above them, even in the cheerier times.
:smokingsombrero

B

Blaze

@Twohandsondeck @Blaze

Why did the founder of Protestantism, Martin Luther, have peasants tortured and killed?
He was controversial and being against the peasants in the "Peasants war" ---that was only one of the wrong things he did. He also supposedly had anti semitic views. Tarnishes the good things he accomplished. Human beings are always quite imperfect though, that doesn't necessarily diminish God. People often use the mess we imperfect people make as evidence to argue against the existence of God. Everyone has the right to decide these things for themselves. Most people have already made up there mind and so, the issue is pretty simple when you boil it down to it's most basic:

Those who use evidence to argue that there is a God have already decided that they have faith and are sure there is a God.

Those who use evidence to argue that there is no God have also already decided , and think it makes no sense to believe, and are sure there is no God.

OP
Twohandsondeck
@Twohandsondeck @Blaze

"Therefore let everyone who can, smite, slay, and stab, secretly or openly, remembering that nothing can be more poisonous, hurtful, or devilish than a rebel ... For baptism does not make men free in body and property, but in soul; and the gospel does not make goods common, except in the case of those who, of their own free will, do what the apostles and disciples did in Acts 4 [:32–37]. They did not demand, as do our insane peasants in their raging, that the goods of others—of Pilate and Herod—should be common, but only their own goods. Our peasants, however, want to make the goods of other men common, and keep their own for themselves. Fine Christians they are! I think there is not a devil left in hell; they have all gone into the peasants. Their raving has gone beyond all measure."
Martin Luther - Wikipedia
This is quite a feeble thing.

A wikipedia quote with unknown context that addresses two types of "peasants," of which it's unclear if Luther affiliates himself with either or neither and is just being sarcastic.

These two sentences say the same thing twice, but there's a differing distinction between "they" and "our peasants." According to these words, the requests are identical from both groups.

"They did not demand, as do our insane peasants in their raging, that the goods of others—of Pilate and Herod—should be common, but only their own goods. Our peasants, however, want to make the goods of other men common, and keep their own for themselves."

Regardless of how shady this point & resource are, luckily God isn't a corruptible man.

Romans 3:23
[23] For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

CreakyJoints

As a last comment on the subject; I would like to encourage you, if you were unaware already, to look into the life and works of William Tynesdale, whose translation of the Bible the KJV is predominantly based on (~90% of it is directly based on his, and ~60% of the KJV was copied from his translation verbatim). It is a fascinating, sometimes tragic story.

Also, I don't think copyright works quite like you describe. The KJV is actually under something known as Crown Copyright; nominal royalties are, in fact, paid for it here in Britain (where the edition originated). I believe the fee is probably so low that they've never bothered to try enforcing it with nations which they do have copyright relations with, and obviously the regions they don't enjoy said relations with are probably far too much legislative hassle for very little payoff - but I'm pretty sure that any publishing house in the USA who has worked with the CUP before would be paying, if only out of courtesy.

I've now fully hidden this thread, but I appreciate your effort in responding to my previous messages.

All the best.

OP
Twohandsondeck
As a last comment on the subject; I would like to encourage you, if you were unaware already, to look into the life and works of William Tynesdale, whose translation of the Bible the KJV is predominantly based on (~90% of it is directly based on his, and ~60% of the KJV was copied from his translation verbatim). It is a fascinating, sometimes tragic story.
That's great, thank you for the contribution and recommendation. Regardless of if Tyndale contributed the minority or the majority doesn't change the fact that a council of 54 scholars, over the course of 7 years, produced the 1611 AV that has been standardized with modern English today. Tyndale laying the majority of the framework isn't sufficient enough to give us the complete, perfected translation that we have available today.
Also, I don't think copyright works quite like you describe. The KJV is actually under something known as Crown Copyright; nominal royalties are, in fact, paid for it here in Britain (where the edition originated). I believe the fee is probably so low that they've never bothered to try enforcing it with nations which they do have copyright relations with, and obviously the regions they don't enjoy said relations with are probably far too much legislative hassle for very little payoff - but I'm pretty sure that any publishing house in the USA who has worked with the CUP before would be paying, if only out of courtesy.
This is an interesting point that I wasn't aware of, thank you for bringing it up.

The small copyright loyalties which are technically owed to Britain are due to the English standardization of the original 1611 finished product via Cambridge making adjustments that don't change the words - as they are pure - but merely their pronunciation to meet with modern English.

Example: The old English also used a “u” for the “v” (euil instead of evil). Consider how 1 Corinthians 14:9 was written in 1611: “So likewise you, except ye vtter by the tongue words easie to be vnderstood, how shall it be knowen what is spoken? For ye shall speak into the aire.”

And for these changes, royalties are applicable to Cambridge, but the point stands that they are not applicable to the original 1611 AV.
I've now fully hidden this thread, but I appreciate your effort in responding to my previous messages.
Sure thing! Cheers.