Catholicism as the great whore of Revelation 17 and present-day Baal worship

kyle

8 But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.

9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

10 Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ.

@sugarisgreat
Context is key. Father/master/rabbi are titles and roughly mean some kind of spiritual instructor. But who is that father upon the earth mean? Is it someone who follows their own desires over God's?

But what does Jesus do when he sends out the disciples? They become spiritual instructors. Wouldn't that be a basic contradiction?

Those honorifics have so special significance. It is not saying not to merely 'call' or use certain titles, but not to follow those that do not follow God.

This makes more logical sense than a semantic prohibition against certain titles. It also points to the idea of their being no special class of people that are separate from everyone.

This is clearer in the full passage when it talks about those who make themselves appear outwardly as Godly but are inwardly corrupt. Jesus was addressing specifically the scribes/pharisees that thought they possessed spiritual superiority.

OP
Twohandsondeck
So what are you supposed to take this to mean? It is just some expository dialogue included for no particular reason?
whats it mean?

John 19:25-27
[25] Now there stood by the cross of Jesus his mother, and his mother's sister, Mary the wife of Cleophas, and Mary Magdalene.
[26] Then Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman, behold thy son!
[27] Then saith he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home.

-In verse 25, four different people are referenced. Mary the mother of Jesus, Mary's sister, Mary the wife of Cleophas, and Mary Magdalene.

-in verse 26, Jesus appoints the relationship of the disciple whom he loved (John) to act in the role as a son of Jesus' mother Mary, because henceforth after His crucifixion, He would no longer be able to look after her in the manner that He did until that point. "Honor thy mother and thy father" is a commandment of lawful living, after all. Undoubtedly, Jesus Christ fulfilled this commandment during the entirety of His earthly life.

-in verse 27, this relationship is confirmed again from the inverse direction. To clarify what Christ commissioned John to do, it is written that John takes Mary "unto his own home."

*commentaries regarding verse 26 are mixed as to why Jesus Christ refers to His mother as "Woman."
Some say that the Hebrew word for it is a term of respect, such as "sir" or "madame" in today's language.
Some say that it would have made Mary's witness of Christ's crucifixion to be more painful if He called out to her as His mother.
I personally think it's to maintain that Christ's mother Mary is in the same boat as the rest of us: someone who has the choice to believe on Him or not.

Pistachio

Muhammad himself taught his followers to convert people by force. Jesus did not. The Roman Catholic church has practiced force conversion throughout its history. The Roman Catholic church was basically created in 325 at the First Ecumenical Council in Nicaea. The Emperor Constantine, who still had not converted to Christianity, for some reason was presiding over said council. Just five years later he would erect the Column of Constantine, a giant idol of himself depicted in as Apollo with rays of light coming from his face. It remained standing in Constantinople (Istanbul) for almost 700 years. Constantine was never Christian, and the RCC was never Christian either.
That didn't answer my question of what form of Christianity you subscribe.

Pistachio

Jesus warned His people of three groups of Pharisees in Matthew 23 (KJV)
Call no man Rabbi (Judaism)
Call no man Father (Catholicism)
Call no man Master (Freemasonry)
Yet the Catholic Church is the central target of both freemasonry and International Jewry.

How do you explain that? Furthermore, the Catholic Church is the only large Christian organization to formally condemn Judaism and Freemasonry

Based Kantian

The Papal-Antichrist theory was gradually developed by three historical bodies: the Albigenses, the Waldenses, and the Fraticelli, between the eleventh and the sixteenth centuries: are these the expositors from whom the Church of Christ is to receive the true interpretation of the prophecies?

Pistachio

Thanks I am working my way through the video. I think Dyer has put together a lot of good content, but I endorse all of his views or the EOC. But I don't endorse Catholicism or Protestantism either.
Dyer is a charlatan pushing the Duginist agenda. (see about Aleksandr Dugin and the Eurasian Empire).

meatbag

Dyer is a charlatan pushing the Duginist agenda. (see about Aleksandr Dugin and the Eurasian Empire).
until i see dyer debate dugin, im gonna hav 2 concur. He is a crypto-kabbalahst :ninja, possibly deep-mossad

Pistachio

until i see dyer debate dugin, im gonna hav 2 concur. He is a crypto-kabbalahst :ninja, possibly deep-mossad
He mocks those who call him KGB, but isn't that a rather convenient alibi? KGB and Mossad are joined at the hip.

meatbag

He mocks those who call him KGB, but isn't that a rather convenient alibi? KGB and Mossad are joined at the hip.
Yahweh will show them the error of thier ways, in due time, I went deep into the forest, once no one was around, he told me so
-Meatbag 1:1

AndrogenicJB

Ignore the man who thinks of himself as wise, do not give him the attention he craves, remember the narrow path brothers and sisters

yerrag

That leads to myocardial infarcts and strokes.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals