Old Testament Food Recommendations

key points:

-ruminant meats with a cloven hoof such as beef, lamb, goat
-no blood -> avoiding iron overload?
-no pork, horse or rabbit
-fish with fins and scales
-no shellfish-> heavy metals accumulation?
-no scavenger or predator flesh
-plants with seeds (fruits), greens
-possibly excludes mushrooms
-no dairy served in the same meal as meat -> digests poorly?
-no animal fat, especially internal fats surrounding organs such as suet

Even Ray Peat says to eat "a lower fat diet". Though the Old Testament didn't mention mushrooms as food, God gave the earth as medicine. So it would be more "godly" to use the mushrooms as an antibiotic than to take a man made one.

akgrrrl

Bazlama
Circa 1400 to present
Daily bread for a household

A cup, any cup as long it is the measure for all.
1 &1/2 cup warm milk, fresh from a goat or sheep I suppose
1 &1/2 cup warm water
1 TB of a sugar. White, honey, date sugar whatever
1TB of yeast
Stir and let sit 5mins to bubble before adding:
1 tsp salt (i serve with salt on top of fresh butter, some ppl add more to the dough here to taste)
7 cups Einkorn flour
Mix, no need to knead, Einkorn has little gluten but lots of protein. Cover with cloth or clingwrap in warm spot 40mins
Roll into a ball on flat work area then shape into an even log for cutting into 10 pieces. Pat and roll out each piece into a tortilla sized circle.Cook on hot iron skillet, griddle or any preheated med-hot surface by turning over and over until puffy and browned each side.
Break bread into pieces for dunking in any stewed meat dishes, dips, and soups

Blossom

Forum Supporter
It may not be necessary for my salvation but I prefer how I feel when I eat that way. Even the wife of the farm family I buy my lamb and beef from told me Saturday that if you are concerned about your health lamb and beef are far superior to pork. They raise pastured Berkshire pork and the farms been in her family for 140 years so I value her opinion.
When the Bible and so many people are in agreement I think it’s definitely worth paying attention.

Dotdash

It may not be necessary for my salvation but I prefer how I feel when I eat that way. Even the wife of the farm family I buy my lamb and beef from told me Saturday that if you are concerned about your health lamb and beef are far superior to pork. They raise pastured Berkshire pork and the farms been in her family for 140 years so I value her opinion.
When the Bible and so many people are in agreement I think it’s definitely worth paying attention.
This approach seems reasonable. I think it was written by Paul that he considered all things are available to him for use but not all things are expedient (paraphrased). It seems this dietary advice given by God to Israel would be the very best and highest He had to offer humanity. Though not bound by it for salvation, why would one want to dismiss its wisdom.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
This approach seems reasonable. I think it was written by Paul that he considered all things are available to him for use but not all things are expedient (paraphrased). It seems this dietary advice given by God to Israel would be the very best and highest He had to offer humanity. Though not bound by it for salvation, why would one want to dismiss its wisdom.
Thank you, that’s my understanding too.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals