Orthodoxy And The Religion Of The Future

Perry Staltic

How the Ethiopian church likely started

But an angel of the lord spoke to Philip, saying, Rise up and go along south on the highway going down to Jerusalem to Gaza. This is a deserted place. And rising up he went. And, behold, an Ethiopian man, a eunuch, an official of Candace, the queen of the Ethiopians, who was over all her treasure, who had come to Jerusalem to worship. Acts 8:26-27

And as they were going along the highway they came on some water. And the eunuch said, Behold, water. What prevents me to be baptized? And Philip said, If you believe from all the heart, it is lawful. And answering he said, I believe Jesus Christ to be the son of GOD. And he commanded the chariot to stand still. And both went down into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him. But when they came up out of the water, the spirit of the lord caught away Philip. And the eunuch did not see him any more; for he went his way rejoicing. Acts 8:36-39

Mossy

Orthodox means not following the Catholic schismatics.
As a non-Catholic myself, but one who believes in Orthodoxy, I can highly recommend a book whose title is just that: Orthodoxy, by G.K. Chesterton (a Catholic).

Pistachio

Young Muscovites Turning Away from Russian Orthodoxy to Follow Eastern Religions, New Study Finds​

Only 1.4 Percent of Declared Russian Orthodox Believers Attended Christmas Services This Year​

Peachy

So strange that this is even news of you think about it.

“Ivan Provorov told reporters that his Russian Orthodox religion was the reason he did not participate in Pride night pre-game activities.”

View: https://twitter.com/ClayTravis/status/1615866427797389313?s=20&t=6AaqBu9ZUxGjsizpn9OwwA

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Actually, no I'm not. I'm not Orthodox. However, I don't see heads of the Orthodox churches trying to normalize homosexuality like the Pope does.
Have you ever been to a Divine Liturgy? I highly recommend it at least once. It’s beautiful beyond words.

Perry Staltic

Have you ever been to a Divine Liturgy? I highly recommend it at least once. It’s beautiful beyond words.

No, but I have thought about it. I wanted to have communion in a local one, but I read that only members are allowed, so I lost interest

Blossom

Forum Supporter
No, but I have thought about it. I wanted to have communion in a local one, but I read that only members are allowed, so I lost interest
That’s is true. If a person wants to commune they have to go through catechism classes and convert. I still think it’s worth experiencing a service. Everyone I met was very welcoming but they are very serious on partaking of the Eucharist. I attended for 2 years before communing.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Did the process take that long, or was that how long it took for you to decide to go through the process?
It took that long because of covid and it also took a while for my husband to decide to convert. It’s typically 1 year.

Summer

Orthodoxy’s insistence on the use of idols (“icons”) should be taken into serious consideration. Just because they are better than the Catholic Church on many issues doesn’t make them scriptural. Having moral superiority over the Catholic Church is a very low standard.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals