Christianity And Life

mt_dreams

just like the religion of money nowadays, Christianity has been a great tool for order & control. Much like the beginning days of islam where the region had hundreds if not thousands of small localized religious ideologies, Christianity too had this same sort of experience. It's much easier for me to put aside my faith if it means I wont be killed when the ruling power comes to town (with it's own version of faith). I believe many in the past held the same thought process. This is how we are left with fewer version of faith. As with all versions of power & order, this has played out many times. In religion it was the killing off the local holy men, the taking of first borns/gifted children. In political division, an example of this is the countless killings that took place with the higher ups in the socialized movement from 1860-1980. This is how one group/idea stays in control long term. If this wasn't the case, then faith, much like food, would be localized, and it would come with an abundant amount of flare/differences. If you're following someone else's version, then you are essentially acting out colonization. Where I live, questioning the ruling powers faith based order system will not result in my death, so I do so freely ... what is everyone else waiting for?

Hawaiians who were born during the surfing ban (b/c only jesus is allowed to float on water), probably didin't think much about it. It's only when you look at what power religions do to a region, that you see it's about colonization & control... faith is secondary.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Christ said, “Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.”
Jesus was talking about this "eon" of time, this age. When we move onto the next earth age(The Millennium) the Word of God still stands.

As it is written, there are 3 Heaven ages, and 3 earth ages, the final age will be the Eternity which makes 7 total ages or eons. Seven being spiritual completeness. There was an earth age before this one, one more to go, then the Eternity.

Last edited:
OP
K

kyle

Any of you guys ever see "The God Who Wasn't There"? It's on Netflix. Just curious if any of the believers here had any thoughts. It seems to present a reasonable case that Jesus was entirely made up by later generations, and no such real person ever existed. I haven't really seen any good explanations for the number of similarities noted between the Jesus story and some of the popular contemporary myths at the time, or the fact that there is really no historical record of any kind, outside of the gospels, which were apparently written at least a generation after Jesus was supposed to have died.

There has been a steady march of these theories. I don't believe that case to be any more reasonable than his existence. History is fraught with lies, deception. I think in particular anything in the popular media is hard to give much validity too. Sorry for the non answer but I'm not a historian.

I think if I could simplify what I was trying to point out WRT Simon's post, if we view Christianity from a narrow lens we tend to see what we would expect to see. If our standard for Christ's existence is the fact that there were some similarities with this or that group, we're taking a pretty big leap of faith there. The facts are too that a lot of anthropologists and historians take great liberties in interpreting evidence.

For instance, they'll see an obelisk and assume it is phallus worship. There is no record of why it was built, they just come up with theories and then our very low standards of journalism obviously meet little resistance spreading them. In fact, the modern system is really trying to create a virtual reality society where it is difficult for people to determine reality from fiction. For example, the way the mass media will portray events in their exact opposite meanings constantly to create political change.

Just another reason why it is really essential that we should be very skeptical in general.

just like the religion of money nowadays, Christianity has been a great tool for order & control.

Order and control is not wrong in itself. It's only natural to have laws against certain things and a degree of social norms is good.

Christian nations did at one point oppose the dominance of money and kept a lid on usury, obviously that is not the case today.

I believe Christianity is an essentially true moral system insofar as it aligns its teaching with the Logos. I suppose if I were to try and imagine something better I'd be hard pressed to. Can you imagine something better?

OP
K

kyle

Jesus was talking about this "eon" of time, this age. When we move onto the next earth age(The Millennium) the Word of God still stands.

As it is written, there are 3 Heaven ages, and 3 earth ages, the final age will be the Eternity which makes 7 total ages or eons. Seven being spiritual completeness. There was an earth age before this one, one more to go, then the Eternity.

I always interpreted these things in a metaphorical sense. Strict interpretations of the bible create more problems than they seem to answer, it seems necessary that we use reason to understand the riddles in the bible.

keith

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I always interpreted these things in a metaphorical sense. Strict interpretations of the bible create more problems than they seem to answer, it seems necessary that we use reason to understand the riddles in the bible.
For some, the remnant and the elect, these parables are known.

Here are studies on the "ages". I have provided 2 different studies on the same topic, 1 link and one pdf.

1. The World That Then Was, The First Earth Age | World Events and the Bible

Attachments

• Three World Ages.pdf
    645.5 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

mt_dreams

I believe Christianity is an essentially true moral system insofar as it aligns its teaching with the Logos. I suppose if I were to try and imagine something better I'd be hard pressed to. Can you imagine something better?

Keep in mind that faith has been used as a reasoning tool for land takeover. It's easy to born into something, have it shape you, then say it's a great tool, but I don't think the natives of the continents of africa, australia, north & south america would support this claim of christianity having a true moral system. Using Alexander (imperfections and all) as a comparison, when he took over regions, he didn't mess with the regions faith, which is vastly different from when christians took over regions. I'm not pinning everything on religion, as politics pushed a lot of policy, but religion was definitely used to create a division b/w us & them.

I have faith that you could come up with an alternative if you desired to.

TreasureVibe

Without a God that judges you after death, there is no consequence for any action you do in this life, if enough is done to hide it from the public.

True or false?

Prosper

Without a God that judges you after death, there is no consequence for any action you do in this life, if enough is done to hide it from the public.

True or false?
All actions have their consequences. You can hide nothing from the self.

TreasureVibe

All actions have their consequences. You can hide nothing from the self.
Meaningful consequences. Lets say someone shoots another person, yet manages to hide it from authorities and the public, has no remorse because the man he shot slept with his wife, it would mean there would be no meaningful consequence to the action he just did, right?

Prosper

Meaningful consequences. Lets say someone shoots another person, yet manages to hide it from authorities and the public, has no remorse because the man he shot slept with his wife, it would mean there would be no meaningful consequence to the action he just did, right?

Extinguished potential is a huge consequence. You are not just assassinating the man, you are assassinating his every future action. Thousands, if not millions of situations, contexts and circumstances that are going to occur in the coming decades are now permanently different. Imagine how many meaningful consequences that translates to.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
There is a big difference between crimes of passion and lie in wait pre-mediated murder. Father is Highly intelligent and can easily differentiate the two.

TreasureVibe

Extinguished potential is a huge consequence. You are not just assassinating the man, you are assassinating his every future action. Thousands, if not millions of situations, contexts and circumstances that are going to occur in the coming decades are now permanently different. Imagine how many meaningful consequences that translates to.
Yes but to the person who shot the man this could translate to no consequences. (I know this sounds very evil and awful, but for the sake of the discussion I add this)

TreasureVibe

There is a big difference between crimes of passion and lie in wait pre-mediated murder. Father is Highly intelligent and can easily differentiate the two.
Yes but I tried arguing that God exists, or that a life without acknowledgement of a God would mean a life where there exists no true consequences for ones actions.

Peatful

True or false?
“A man reaps what he sows”-

I want to believe it means in this life, however, I am not certain that is the correct assumption. I certainly believe we will be judged upon meeting our Father.

Prosper

Yes but to the person who shot the man this could translate to no consequences. (I know this sounds very evil and awful, but for the sake of the discussion I add this)
That would not be possible. Not thinking about a thing doesn't free the man from its consequences. Every new action changes your life permanently. Whether you see this as a meaningful progression is of course up to you.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals