Catholicism as the great whore of Revelation 17 and present-day Baal worship

Came across a study by Richard Jordan in which he goes over (mostly Old Testament) scripture that deals with the thread title. A link to the study is posted at the bottom.

Here are the notes:

SUMMARY -
+Rev. 17:1-6 addresses the great whore which matches with the Catholic church.

+Judges chapter 17 shows the first introduction of the Baal system.

+Judges chapter 18 shows that the tribe of Dan increases the Baal worship from one small family to an entire tribe.
>sidenote: the tribe of Dan is not included as a part of the 144,000 Jews who are sealed during the great tribulation period (Rev. 7:4-8).

+1 Kings 16:30-31 shows king Ahab worships Baal.

+Matthew 23:1-10 Jesus Christ addresses the priest types who wish to be referred to as "father" or "master" or "rabbi" and commands that none are given that religious title.

+Mark 12:38-41 Jesus Christ addressing the priest types again with their long robes and wanting of "father" and "master" salutations in the marketplace.

+2 Kings 10:22 Jehu slays Baal worshippers who are wearing vestments. "Vestments" are the priests robes in a specific word during present day.

+Isaiah 47:5-8 the "lady of kingdoms" has said in her heart that there is none else beside her and will receive God's wrath.

+Jeremiah 44:15-22 the people of Israel burn incense, pour out drink offerings (wine/blood of Christ in the Catholic church), and make cakes (bread/flesh of Christ in the Catholic church) to sacrifice to the "queen of heaven."
>Other examples of "queens of heaven" are: Venus, Diana, Isis, Ashtaroth, and Astarte.

+Psalms 16:4
drink offerings of blood which are hastened unto another god are not accepted by God.

4b179e59011a13e31de59b601ae3dfc0.jpg 7100876421426220456.jpg

*"the great whore" in Revelation chapter 17 is the Roman Catholic church of today. The scarlet and purple array with the golden cup makes it easy to see that this is connected to the Catholic church.

*"the great whore" will work closely with the coming antichrist in order to establish a one-world government that will become the 'beast system.' This is the system which requires everyone to take the mark of the beast and worship the image of the beast or die.

Revelation 17:1-6
[1] And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters:
[2] With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.
[3] So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.
[4] And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:
[5] And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.
[6] And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.

*Judges 17 shows the introduction of the Roman Catholic, Baal system:

Judges 17:1-13
[1] And there was a man of mount Ephraim, whose name was Micah.
[2] And he said unto his mother, The eleven hundred shekels of silver that were taken from thee, about which thou cursedst, and spakest of also in mine ears, behold, the silver is with me; I took it. And his mother said, Blessed be thou of the LORD, my son.
[3] And when he had restored the eleven hundred shekels of silver to his mother, his mother said, I had wholly dedicated the silver unto the LORD from my hand for my son, to make a graven image and a molten image: now therefore I will restore it unto thee.
[4] Yet he restored the money unto his mother; and his mother took two hundred shekels of silver, and gave them to the founder, who made thereof a graven image and a molten image: and they were in the house of Micah.
[5] And the man Micah had an house of gods, and made an ephod, and teraphim, and consecrated one of his sons, who became his priest.
[6] In those days there was no king in Israel, but every man did that which was right in his own eyes.
[7] And there was a young man out of Bethlehemjudah of the family of Judah, who was a Levite, and he sojourned there.
[8] And the man departed out of the city from Bethlehemjudah to sojourn where he could find a place: and he came to mount Ephraim to the house of Micah, as he journeyed.
[9] And Micah said unto him, Whence comest thou? And he said unto him, I am a Levite of Bethlehemjudah, and I go to sojourn where I may find a place.
[10] And Micah said unto him, Dwell with me, and be unto me a father and a priest, and I will give thee ten shekels of silver by the year, and a suit of apparel, and thy victuals. So the Levite went in.
[11] And the Levite was content to dwell with the man; and the young man was unto him as one of his sons.
[12] And Micah consecrated the Levite; and the young man became his priest, and was in the house of Micah.
[13] Then said Micah, Now know I that the LORD will do me good, seeing I have a Levite to my priest.

*Judges 18 then goes on to show that the tribe of Dan is the tribe "which allowed this [beast system of worship] to get a foothold into Israel."

Judges 18:18-20, 28-31
[18] And these went into Micah's house, and fetched the carved image, the ephod, and the teraphim, and the molten image. Then said the priest unto them, What do ye?
[19] And they said unto him, Hold thy peace, lay thine hand upon thy mouth, and go with us, and be to us a father and a priest: is it better for thee to be a priest unto the house of one man, or that thou be a priest unto a tribe and a family in Israel?
[20] And the priest's heart was glad, and he took the ephod, and the teraphim, and the graven image, and went in the midst of the people.
[28] And there was no deliverer, because it was far from Zidon, and they had no business with any man; and it was in the valley that lieth by Bethrehob. And they built a city, and dwelt therein.
[29] And they called the name of the city Dan, after the name of Dan their father, who was born unto Israel: howbeit the name of the city was Laish at the first.
[30] And the children of Dan set up the graven image: and Jonathan, the son of Gershom, the son of Manasseh, he and his sons were priests to the tribe of Dan until the day of the captivity of the land.
[31] And they set them up Micah's graven image, which he made, all the time that the house of God was in Shiloh.

1 Kings 16:30-31
[30] And Ahab the son of Omri did evil in the sight of the LORD above all that were before him.
[31] And it came to pass, as if it had been a light thing for him to walk in the sins of Jeroboam the son of Nebat, that he took to wife Jezebel the daughter of Ethbaal king of the Zidonians, and went and served Baal, and worshipped him.

> when Ahab worshipped Baal, Richard Jordan illustrates a point by visualizing that worship service was executed while the worshippers were wearing scarlet and purple robes (an ephod), a golden cup, and the ever was facilitated by priests which were called father.

*Jesus Christ commands that we should not call any man by a religious title of father on earth. The scribes with long clothing spoken of in Matthew 23:2 are also addressed in Mark 12:38-41 as the same. These scribes love to be called "Rabbi" (or "father") in the marketplace. Their description matches

Matthew 23:1-10
[1] Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples,
[2] Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat:
[3] All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.
[4] For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers.
[5] But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments,
[6] And love the uppermost rooms at feasts, and the chief seats in the synagogues,
[7] And greetings in the markets, and to be called of men, Rabbi, Rabbi.
[8] But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.
[9] And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.
[10] Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ.

Mark 12:38-41
[38] And he said unto them in his doctrine, Beware of the scribes, which love to go in long clothing, and love salutations in the marketplaces,
[39] And the chief seats in the synagogues, and the uppermost rooms at feasts:
[40] Which devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayers: these shall receive greater damnation.
[41] And Jesus sat over against the treasury, and beheld how the people cast money into the treasury: and many that were rich cast in much.

*the great whore is arrayed in purple and scarlet color, holding a golden cup:

Revelation 17:4-5
[4] And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:
[5] And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

*sacrifices are continually made upon an altar. One type of altar is a grove. Groves are commanded to be cut down in Deuteronomy chapter 7:

Deuteronomy 7:5
[5] But thus shall ye deal with them; ye shall destroy their altars, and break down their images, and cut down their groves, and burn their graven images with fire.

*In 2 Kings chapter 10, Jehu destroys all of the worshippers of Baal at that time by calling them all to one gathering. Of note, vestments were provided to the Baal worshippers before they were slain. "Vestment" is another term for the robes that priests wear today.

2 Kings 10:22
[22] And he said unto him that was over the vestry, Bring forth vestments for all the worshippers of Baal. And he brought them forth vestments.

*in Isaiah chapter 47, the "daughter of the Chaldeans" who is also called "The lady of kingdoms" is a figure (or perhaps a false god) that is given to pleasures and says in her heart, "I am, and none else beside me" whereby God threatens that His wrath shall come upon this "lady of kingdoms."

Isaiah 47:5-8
[5] Sit thou silent, and get thee into darkness, O daughter of the Chaldeans: for thou shalt no more be called, The lady of kingdoms.
[6] I was wroth with my people, I have polluted mine inheritance, and given them into thine hand: thou didst shew them no mercy; upon the ancient hast thou very heavily laid thy yoke.
[7] And thou saidst, I shall be a lady for ever: so that thou didst not lay these things to thy heart, neither didst remember the latter end of it.
[8] Therefore hear now this, thou that art given to pleasures, that dwellest carelessly, that sayest in thine heart, I am, and none else beside me; I shall not sit as a widow, neither shall I know the loss of children:

*In Jeremiah 44, Jeremiah is pleading with the people of Israel to listen to the words of God, but they won't listen, and instead, choose to burn incense (pray to) and make drink offerings to the "queen of heaven."

(The virgin Mary in Catholic tradition is one such "queen of heaven" figure that we have in modern day. There are multiple goddesses that fulfill this role throughout history and different cultures. Other "queens of heaven" are: Venus, Diana, Isis, Ashtaroth, and Astarte)

Jeremiah 44:15-22
[15] Then all the men which knew that their wives had burned incense unto other gods, and all the women that stood by, a great multitude, even all the people that dwelt in the land of Egypt, in Pathros, answered Jeremiah, saying,
[16] As for the word that thou hast spoken unto us in the name of the LORD, we will not hearken unto thee.
[17] But we will certainly do whatsoever thing goeth forth out of our own mouth, to burn incense unto the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto her, as we have done, we, and our fathers, our kings, and our princes, in the cities of Judah, and in the streets of Jerusalem: for then had we plenty of victuals, and were well, and saw no evil.
[18] But since we left off to burn incense to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto her, we have wanted all things, and have been consumed by the sword and by the famine.
[19] And when we burned incense to the queen of heaven, and poured out drink offerings unto her, did we make her cakes to worship her, and pour out drink offerings unto her, without our men?
[20] Then Jeremiah said unto all the people, to the men, and to the women, and to all the people which had given him that answer, saying,
[21] The incense that ye burned in the cities of Judah, and in the streets of Jerusalem, ye, and your fathers, your kings, and your princes, and the people of the land, did not the LORD remember them, and came it not into his mind?
[22] So that the LORD could no longer bear, because of the evil of your doings, and because of the abominations which ye have committed; therefore is your land a desolation, and an astonishment, and a curse, without an inhabitant, as at this day.

*In accordance with Psalm 16:4, those who "hasten after another god" will offer drinks of blood. In Catholic communion, it is believed that the wine being consumed is the literal blood of Christ and that the bread is the literal flesh of Christ ("cakes" in Jeremiah 44:19).

Psalms 16:4
[4] Their sorrows shall be multiplied that hasten after another god: their drink offerings of blood will I not offer, nor take up their names into my lips.

View: https://youtu.be/t4DiEAxBbKg

We are commanded to not be moved away from the gospel of salvation. The prince of the power of the air blows winds that we might be tempted to be carried away with every wind of doctrine. In the latter times, there will be seducing spirits and doctrines of devils.

The wiles of the devil are cunning devices which draw a person away from the steadfast knowledge of God.

One way that Satan tries to move a person away from sound doctrine is to encourage them to invest in faith as their own gods, as it was in the garden of Eden when the serpent promises that Adam & Eve will be "as gods." This is fundamentally self-righteousness and leads to a religious, works-based system. All works-based systems are a form of Baal worship.

The mention of "wiles" elsewhere in the Bible:

Numbers 25:18
[18] For they vex you with their wiles, wherewith they have beguiled you in the matter of Peor, and in the matter of Cozbi, the daughter of a prince of Midian, their sister, which was slain in the day of the plague for Peor's sake.

Joshua 9:4
[4] They did work wilily, and went and made as if they had been ambassadors, and took old sacks upon their asses, and wine bottles, old, and rent, and bound up;

Ephesians 6:11
[11] Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

Ras

Walter Veith's Total Onslaught series goes into great detail to prove that the Catholic church is the great whore.

marcar72

Walter Veith's Total Onslaught series goes into great detail to prove that the Catholic church is the great whore.
+1

She's the mother of harlots as well. (Greek Orthodox, Protestant, Seventh Day Adventist (Walter Veith's religion) etc., etc.)

yerrag

+1

She's the mother of harlots as well. (Greek Orthodox, Protestant, Seventh Day Adventist (Walter Veith's religion) etc., etc.)
The greatest whore of course are Zionist sympathizers of the I Am Saved movement of Evangelicals that use the Bible says so narrative while attaching a Rapture "Jews are God's Chosen people" rider to it, and then blasting the Middle East to kingdom come while shouting "Hallelujah! Praise the Lord."

marcar72

...I Am Saved movement of Evangelicals...

Are you saved, guy?? Sounds like you got something against Evangelicals. Many evangelicals are not "Zionist symphathizers" per se but merely see biblical prophecy coming to fruition (most of it future yet) through the reestablished nation of Israel. God bless!! :):

yerrag

Are you saved, guy?? Sounds like you got something against Evangelicals. Many evangelicals are not "Zionist symphathizers" per se but merely see biblical prophecy coming to fruition (most of it future yet) through the reestablished nation of Israel. God bless!! :):
Nah, just those that believe in the rapture and that automatically makea them Zionist sympathizers. Many Evangelicals don't believe that crap, and are truly saved from harming mankind.

marcar72

Aren't Yahweh and Ba'al the same guy? Isn't Yahew a Ba'al?

Well you won't find "Yahweh" in the authorized King James Bible. That should tell you something. I'm pretty sure you find Yahweh in most of the satanically corrupt modern day bible versions though.

marcar72

Nah, just those that believe in the rapture and that automatically makea them Zionist sympathizers. Many Evangelicals don't believe that crap, and are truly saved from harming mankind.

So you're not saved, then?? The rapture is biblical, guy. The Holy Bible is a book of prophecy of which many have yet to be fulfilled.

yerrag

So you're not saved, then?? The rapture is biblical, guy. The Holy Bible is a book of prophecy of which many have yet to be fulfilled.
I am not going to be saved if I believe in the non-biblical notion of rapture as devised by Zionists and conniving pastors and commentators.

meatbag

Well you won't find "Yahweh" in the authorized King James Bible. That should tell you something. I'm pretty sure you find Yahweh in most of the satanically corrupt modern day bible versions though.
"In the Old Testament the translators render the tetragrammaton YHWH by "the LORD" (in later editions in small capitals as LORD),[e] or "the LORD God" (for YHWH Elohim, יהוה אלהים),[f] except in four places by "IEHOVAH"[141] However, if the tetragrammaton occurs with the Hebrew word adonai (Lord) then it is rendered not as the "Lord LORD" but as the "Lord God".[142] In later editions as "Lord GOD" with "GOD" in small capitals indicating to the reader that God's name appears in the original Hebrew."
-King James Version - Wikipedia

"The Tetragrammaton (/ˌtɛtrəˈɡræmətɒn/) or Tetragram (from Greek τετραγράμματον, meaning "[consisting of] four letters") is the four-letter Hebrew word יהוה‎ (transliterated as YHWH), the name of the national god of Israel.[1] The four letters, read from right to left, are yodh, he, waw, and he.[2] While there is no consensus about the structure and etymology of the name, the form Yahweh is now accepted almost universally.[3]

The books of the Torah and the rest of the Hebrew Bible except Esther, Ecclesiastes, and (with a possible instance in verse 8:6) the Song of Songs contain this Hebrew name.[4] Observant Jews and those who follow Talmudic Jewish traditions do not pronounce יהוה‎ nor do they read aloud proposed transcription forms such as Yahweh or Yehovah; instead they replace it with a different term, whether in addressing or referring to the God of Israel. Common substitutions in Hebrew are Adonai ("My Lord") or Elohim (literally "gods" but treated as singular when meaning "God") in prayer, or HaShem ("The Name") in everyday speech."

So,
Yahweh->lord
Elohim->God
Protestant Reform: "Jehovah"<-Yahweh
--
"It is generally thought that Elohim is derived from eloah,[1][2][4][7][8][9] the latter being an expanded form of the Northwest Semitic noun 'il.[17][18] The related nouns eloah (אלוה) and el (אֵל) are used as proper names or as generics, in which case they are interchangeable with elohim.[18] The term contains an added heh as third radical to the biconsonantal root. Discussions of the etymology of elohim essentially concern this expansion. An exact cognate outside of Hebrew is found in Ugaritic ʾlhm,[17] the family of El, the creator god and chief deity of the Canaanite pantheon, in Biblical Aramaic ʼĔlāhā and later Syriac Alaha ("God"), and in Arabic ʾilāh ("god, deity") (or Allah as "The [single] God").[19] "El" (the basis for the extended root ʾlh) is usually derived from a root meaning "to be strong" and/or "to be in front"

The word el (singular) is a standard term for "god" in Aramaic, paleo-Hebrew, and other related Semitic languages including Ugaritic. The Canaanite pantheon of gods was known as 'ilhm,[20] the Ugaritic equivalent to elohim.[5] For instance, in the Ugaritic Baal Cycle we read of "seventy sons of Asherah". Each "son of god" was held to be the originating deity for a particular people.

he oldest known inscription of the Tetragrammaton dates to 840 BCE: the Mesha Stele mentions the Israelite god Yahweh.[17]

Of the same century are two pottery sherds found at Kuntillet Ajrud with inscriptions mentioning "Yahweh of Samaria and his Asherah" and "Yahweh of Teman and his Asherah".[18] A tomb inscription at Khirbet el-Qom also mentions Yahweh.[19][20][21] Dated slightly later (VII century BCE) there are an ostracon from the collections of Shlomo Moussaieff,[22] and two tiny silver amulet scrolls found at Ketef Hinnom that mention Yahweh.[1] Also a wall inscription, dated to the late 6th century BCE, with mention of Yahweh had been found in a tomb at Khirbet Beit Lei.[23]

YHWH in one of the Lachish letters

Yahweh is mentioned also in the Lachish letters (587 BCE) and the slightly earlier Tel Arad ostraca, and on a stone from Mount Gerizim (III or beginning of II century BCE).[24]

The theonyms YHW and YHH are found in the Elephantine papyri of about 500 BCE.[25] One ostracon with YH is thought to have lost the final letter of an original YHW.[26][27] These texts are in Aramaic, not the language of the Hebrew Tetragrammaton (YHWH) and, unlike the Tetragrammaton, are of three letters, not four. However, because they were written by Jews, they are assumed to refer to the same deity and to be either an abbreviated form of the Tetragrammaton or the original name from which the name YHWH developed.

Kristin De Troyer says that YHW or YHH, and also YH, are attested in the fifth and fourth-century BCE papyri from Elephantine and Wadi Daliyeh: "In both collections one can read the name of God as Yaho (or Yahu) and Ya".[28] The name YH (Yah/Jah), the first syllable of "Yahweh", appears 50 times in the Old Testament, 26 times alone (Exodus 15:2; 17:16; and 24 times in the Psalms), 24 times in the expression "Hallelujah".[29] Thomas Römer holds that "the original pronunciation of Yhwh was 'Yahô' or 'Yahû'".[30]

An Egyptian hieroglyphic inscription of the Pharaoh Amenhotep III (1402-1363 BCE) mentions a group of Shasu whom it calls "the Shashu of Yhw³" (read as: ja-h-wi or ja-h-wa). James D. G. Dunn and John W. Rogerson tentatively suggest that the Amenhotep III inscription may indicate that worship of Yahweh originated in an area to the southeast of Palestine.[31] A later inscription from the time of Ramesses II (1279-1213) in West Amara associates the Shasu nomads with S-rr, interpreted as Mount Seir, spoken of in some texts as where Yahweh comes from.[32][33] Frank Moore Cross says: "It must be emphasized that the Amorite verbal form is of interest only in attempting to reconstruct the proto-Hebrew or South Canaanite verbal form used in the name Yahweh. We should argue vigorously against attempts to take Amorite yuhwi and yahu as divine epithets."[34]

According to De Troyer, the short names, instead of being ineffable like "Yahweh", seem to have been in spoken use not only as elements of personal names but also in reference to God: "The Samaritans thus seem to have pronounced the Name of God as Jaho or Ja." She cites Theodoret (c. 393 – c. 460) as that the shorter names of God were pronounced by the Samaritans as "Iabe" and by the Jews as "Ia". She adds that the Bible also indicates that the short form "Yah" was spoken, as in the phrase "Halleluyah".[28]

The Patrologia Graeca texts of Theodoret differ slightly from what De Troyer says. In Quaestiones in Exodum 15 he says that Samaritans pronounced the name Ἰαβέ and Jews the name Άϊά.[35] (The Greek term Άϊά is a transcription of the Exodus 3:14 phrase אֶהְיֶה (ehyeh), "I am".)[36] In Haereticarum Fabularum Compendium 5.3, he uses the spelling Ἰαβαί.[37]

Elohim - Wikipedia
--
As recorded on the clay tablets of Ugarit, El is the husband of the goddess Asherah
El (deity) - Wikipedia
--
So Yahweh and Asherah used to be together but broke up?

marcar72

I am not going to be saved if I believe in the non-biblical notion of rapture as devised by Zionists and conniving pastors and commentators.

Salvation has nothing to do about believing in the biblically sound doctrine of the rapture. 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 is the gospel by which one must be saved and it mentions nothing about the rapture. Then once one becomes a born again believer can he be led by the Holy Spirit into all truth. God bless!! :):

yerrag

May i ask then whaf your position is with regard to rapture and how this ties in with Rapture Evangelicals' undying support for all the actions of Zionist Israel?

Gone Peating

"In the Old Testament the translators render the tetragrammaton YHWH by "the LORD" (in later editions in small capitals as LORD),[e] or "the LORD God" (for YHWH Elohim, יהוה אלהים),[f] except in four places by "IEHOVAH"[141] However, if the tetragrammaton occurs with the Hebrew word adonai (Lord) then it is rendered not as the "Lord LORD" but as the "Lord God".[142] In later editions as "Lord GOD" with "GOD" in small capitals indicating to the reader that God's name appears in the original Hebrew."
-King James Version - Wikipedia

"The Tetragrammaton (/ˌtɛtrəˈɡræmətɒn/) or Tetragram (from Greek τετραγράμματον, meaning "[consisting of] four letters") is the four-letter Hebrew word יהוה‎ (transliterated as YHWH), the name of the national god of Israel.[1] The four letters, read from right to left, are yodh, he, waw, and he.[2] While there is no consensus about the structure and etymology of the name, the form Yahweh is now accepted almost universally.[3]

The books of the Torah and the rest of the Hebrew Bible except Esther, Ecclesiastes, and (with a possible instance in verse 8:6) the Song of Songs contain this Hebrew name.[4] Observant Jews and those who follow Talmudic Jewish traditions do not pronounce יהוה‎ nor do they read aloud proposed transcription forms such as Yahweh or Yehovah; instead they replace it with a different term, whether in addressing or referring to the God of Israel. Common substitutions in Hebrew are Adonai ("My Lord") or Elohim (literally "gods" but treated as singular when meaning "God") in prayer, or HaShem ("The Name") in everyday speech."

So,
Yahweh->lord
Elohim->God
Protestant Reform: "Jehovah"<-Yahweh
--
"It is generally thought that Elohim is derived from eloah,[1][2][4][7][8][9] the latter being an expanded form of the Northwest Semitic noun 'il.[17][18] The related nouns eloah (אלוה) and el (אֵל) are used as proper names or as generics, in which case they are interchangeable with elohim.[18] The term contains an added heh as third radical to the biconsonantal root. Discussions of the etymology of elohim essentially concern this expansion. An exact cognate outside of Hebrew is found in Ugaritic ʾlhm,[17] the family of El, the creator god and chief deity of the Canaanite pantheon, in Biblical Aramaic ʼĔlāhā and later Syriac Alaha ("God"), and in Arabic ʾilāh ("god, deity") (or Allah as "The [single] God").[19] "El" (the basis for the extended root ʾlh) is usually derived from a root meaning "to be strong" and/or "to be in front"

The word el (singular) is a standard term for "god" in Aramaic, paleo-Hebrew, and other related Semitic languages including Ugaritic. The Canaanite pantheon of gods was known as 'ilhm,[20] the Ugaritic equivalent to elohim.[5] For instance, in the Ugaritic Baal Cycle we read of "seventy sons of Asherah". Each "son of god" was held to be the originating deity for a particular people.

he oldest known inscription of the Tetragrammaton dates to 840 BCE: the Mesha Stele mentions the Israelite god Yahweh.[17]

Of the same century are two pottery sherds found at Kuntillet Ajrud with inscriptions mentioning "Yahweh of Samaria and his Asherah" and "Yahweh of Teman and his Asherah".[18] A tomb inscription at Khirbet el-Qom also mentions Yahweh.[19][20][21] Dated slightly later (VII century BCE) there are an ostracon from the collections of Shlomo Moussaieff,[22] and two tiny silver amulet scrolls found at Ketef Hinnom that mention Yahweh.[1] Also a wall inscription, dated to the late 6th century BCE, with mention of Yahweh had been found in a tomb at Khirbet Beit Lei.[23]

YHWH in one of the Lachish letters

Yahweh is mentioned also in the Lachish letters (587 BCE) and the slightly earlier Tel Arad ostraca, and on a stone from Mount Gerizim (III or beginning of II century BCE).[24]

The theonyms YHW and YHH are found in the Elephantine papyri of about 500 BCE.[25] One ostracon with YH is thought to have lost the final letter of an original YHW.[26][27] These texts are in Aramaic, not the language of the Hebrew Tetragrammaton (YHWH) and, unlike the Tetragrammaton, are of three letters, not four. However, because they were written by Jews, they are assumed to refer to the same deity and to be either an abbreviated form of the Tetragrammaton or the original name from which the name YHWH developed.

Kristin De Troyer says that YHW or YHH, and also YH, are attested in the fifth and fourth-century BCE papyri from Elephantine and Wadi Daliyeh: "In both collections one can read the name of God as Yaho (or Yahu) and Ya".[28] The name YH (Yah/Jah), the first syllable of "Yahweh", appears 50 times in the Old Testament, 26 times alone (Exodus 15:2; 17:16; and 24 times in the Psalms), 24 times in the expression "Hallelujah".[29] Thomas Römer holds that "the original pronunciation of Yhwh was 'Yahô' or 'Yahû'".[30]

An Egyptian hieroglyphic inscription of the Pharaoh Amenhotep III (1402-1363 BCE) mentions a group of Shasu whom it calls "the Shashu of Yhw³" (read as: ja-h-wi or ja-h-wa). James D. G. Dunn and John W. Rogerson tentatively suggest that the Amenhotep III inscription may indicate that worship of Yahweh originated in an area to the southeast of Palestine.[31] A later inscription from the time of Ramesses II (1279-1213) in West Amara associates the Shasu nomads with S-rr, interpreted as Mount Seir, spoken of in some texts as where Yahweh comes from.[32][33] Frank Moore Cross says: "It must be emphasized that the Amorite verbal form is of interest only in attempting to reconstruct the proto-Hebrew or South Canaanite verbal form used in the name Yahweh. We should argue vigorously against attempts to take Amorite yuhwi and yahu as divine epithets."[34]

According to De Troyer, the short names, instead of being ineffable like "Yahweh", seem to have been in spoken use not only as elements of personal names but also in reference to God: "The Samaritans thus seem to have pronounced the Name of God as Jaho or Ja." She cites Theodoret (c. 393 – c. 460) as that the shorter names of God were pronounced by the Samaritans as "Iabe" and by the Jews as "Ia". She adds that the Bible also indicates that the short form "Yah" was spoken, as in the phrase "Halleluyah".[28]

The Patrologia Graeca texts of Theodoret differ slightly from what De Troyer says. In Quaestiones in Exodum 15 he says that Samaritans pronounced the name Ἰαβέ and Jews the name Άϊά.[35] (The Greek term Άϊά is a transcription of the Exodus 3:14 phrase אֶהְיֶה (ehyeh), "I am".)[36] In Haereticarum Fabularum Compendium 5.3, he uses the spelling Ἰαβαί.[37]

Elohim - Wikipedia
--
As recorded on the clay tablets of Ugarit, El is the husband of the goddess Asherah
El (deity) - Wikipedia
--
So Yahweh and Asherah used to be together but broke up?

YHWH name was translated to Greek in BC times and it was Iota Alpha Omega which would be pronounced something like (yah-oh). Yahway which is how most people say it is not correct.

It's very likely Asherah was a well known goddess of the Canaanites or another tribe and they decided to pair them. It was common for the Jews to even engage in this kind of thing and even worship other gods alongside YHWH, the OT being full of many such examples.

After the flood, the people soon returned to their pre-flood ways of polytheism. When Abraham was called by YHWH he was from a polytheistic idolatrous tribe. The whole world was this way (still is really). People then probably knew about YHWH due to knowledge passed on by Noah, but they also worshipped the "sons of God", angels and fallen angels.

mariantos

The greatest whore of course are Zionist sympathizers of the I Am Saved movement of Evangelicals that use the Bible says so narrative while attaching a Rapture "Jews are God's Chosen people" rider to it, and then blasting the Middle East to kingdom come while shouting "Hallelujah! Praise the Lord."
Read the bible.
You will understand that this is their land offered by God himself. It is much, much larger than what Israel now occupies. Israelis are attacked and have the right to defend themselves, do not let yourself be manipulated. Behind the Zionists are the Jesuits. Look at the big picture, get informed, ask yourself questions and you will find answers, if you do not let yourself be driven by hatred against a group of people, a nation or any type of group.

Don't forget those who say they are Jews, but they are not. They are false Jews, only by name or by other tricks.

Things are very different from how they are presented to us. Do not forget that the evil one is the father of lies and is the prince of the earth, the world revolves around its rules of the game.

yerrag

You will understand that this is their land offered by God himself. It is much, much larger than what Israel now occupies. Israelis are attacked and have the right to defend themselves, do not let yourself be manipulated.
Said by a bible-thumping Christian Zionist who believes as much in the rapture, when he goes straight to heaven when Christ comes back supposedly to take his throne, and His kingdom as usurped by Zionists will befit his stature.

Hoodwinked into this belief by Zionist refashioning of Christianity with the 150 year old dogma of the rapture, to hook credulous Christians into doing Zion's will.

Behind the Zionists are the Jesuits. Look at the big picture, get informed, ask yourself questions and you will find answers, if you do not let yourself be driven by hatred against a group of people, a nation or any type of group.
I detest any brotherhood that professes their superiority over the rest of humanity, with their professed entitlement of having dominion over all humans, with their rejection of the idea that all men are equal in the eyes of God.

Couching this as hate is very Zionist of you, as if you practice no such hate when you support the most hateful brotherhood of all.

You support perpetual unjust wars on peoples, as you support the destruction of law and order and civilized discourse, only to get yourself saved as your pastor deems so.

Telling me to ask questions as if you had already done that yourself. Look around. Your own country suffers under the weight of the evil you worship, and you fail to see the source of that. How lacking of any shred of knowledge, much less wisdom. Like a programmed robot.

Don't forget those who say they are Jews, but they are not. They are false Jews, only by name or by other tricks.
Why does it matter if there are false Jews or genuine Jews? I direct my ire at Zionists, whether false Jews or not, whether Christian or Muslim.

Things are very different from how they are presented to us. Do not forget that the evil one is the father of lies and is the prince of the earth, the world revolves around its rules of the game.
How is it presented to us? By Zionist censorship or by fake news as deemed by Zionist Central?

Last edited:

mariantos

@yerrag

But I didn't tell you anything about the rapture . You constantly call me a Zionist for writing to you not to hate. What harm did I do or what did I do wrong if I told you that hatred which is addressed to the people is not a solution?

You have to understand brother, hatred consumes you slowly and surely, generalized hatred, not necessarily directed against a group, nations, etc. If you are a woman I understand you, women tend to react emotionally, but if you are a man, please be rational and do not react impulsively.

I do not support the war, however it was, it is present and everything will end with a war. The wars have taken place and are still taking place, with or without my, yours, everyone's support.

I'm not an Israelite, if you wanted to insinuate that. I hated the Jews enormously, unjustifiably and because I was manipulated and blinded in different ways by different methods.

I do not worship evil, it is right, I fight against sin, I have some battles to do but praise the Lord for His help!

It matters a lot to differentiate between true Jews and those who call themselves Jews, but are not. They are the synagogue of satan and those who work with much, much success in turning people against God, the only one who truly loves them anyway.

Like you, probably like others, I asked myself a lot of questions. The Lord answered many questions for me. I thank God for opening my eyes, for I am still alive because of Him, and He did not let my soul go straight to hell when I had to die, for I deserved nothing but hell, the way of life on that I was going.

Trust in Christ the Lord, call on Him, receive Him into your heart. The religion of Christ is love. Everything else full of rituals, idolatry and other things that are created by man will fall.

In conclusion, it does not matter under what religious denomination you were born, surrender your life to Christ the Lord and you will be able to see clearly after, how and in what way things work here in the world. May God bless you and turn your heart to Him.

yerrag

You will understand that this is their land offered by God himself. It is much, much larger than what Israel now occupies. Israelis are attacked and have the right to defend themselves, do not let yourself be manipulated.

You say this but yet -

You're not Zionist but a man of God.

Wby do I find this hard to believe?

You speak like a man of peace. Yet you tell me to surrender. To Jesus. And yet you don't ask-

-What would Jesus do? Would he run the Zionist money changers (and mass murderers, and embezzlers, and racketeers) out of His temple? Would you call Him hateful for doing that?

You may not be an Israelite, and that is fine as there's really nothing wrong about being an Israelite, or in being a Jew.

But being a Zionist is.

You deny being one. But proof is in your words and actions. Not in entreaties to be passive towards the evil that they do.

Follow Jesus with his righteous anger, brother.

AndrogenicJB

I want to marry a Catholic girl because they tend to be more traditional than Protestant girls, or so it seems, what to do

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals