An Almost Fat Free, Starch Free Experiment

Peat's_Girl

So, the experiment was a bust?...
I read some other similar ones on the forum and the concensus seems that fat avoidance doesn't seem to have the same benefits and starch avoidance. Good news for fat lovers like me ;D

I too have noticed that when i lower my fat intake i seem to get a bit warmer. But my energy, clarity of thought, digestion and libido takes a hit. And i feel like i have better posture when i eat plenty of butter and coconut oil. :D
Low fat makes me feel like a weak and scrawny vegan. :)

Peat's_Girl

damngoodcoffee said:
I too have noticed that when i lower my fat intake i seem to get a bit warmer. But my energy, clarity of thought, digestion and libido takes a hit. And i feel like i have better posture when i eat plenty of butter and coconut oil. :D
Low fat makes me feel like a weak and scrawny vegan. :)

That super adorable picture of Cooper should be flagged as "extremely distracting to female-folk".

;D

OP
SQu

SQu

Peat's girl, I think dropping calories too much was to blame, not lowering fat as long as i kept minerals especially calcium up. But keeping fat that low is tiresomely limiting on your food choices. I'd never been able to cut fat successfully before - anxiety. Nice to know just how great a job calcium and salt do. Having said that I feel better for hard cheese in my diet - so bang goes low fat!. I do still plan to revisit low fat but next time I will try find a calorie level that's safe for me. But at the moment I'm happy not counting or restricting beyond pufa, and I'm losing weight anyway by doing what I need to to feel good, digest well, lower inflammation, and adrenalin, lower stress and sleep better.

Peat's_Girl

Sue, how many calories were you eating?

I'm not losing anything at all so I think I'm gonna have to try it out for myself.

Peat's_Girl

sueq said:
I feel unsatisfied, get ravenously hungry again quickly (hello there hunger, I thought you'd gone for good!), feel antsy, restless and craving in a general unspecific way.

Hey Sue, it's me: the thread resurrector! I read your thread before but I might have skimmed through and not read closely enough and now that I've run into some trouble I'm doing it again (plus, can't sleep... hello insomnia, my archnemesis)... >;c

Yep! That feeling sounds familiar... I usually try to trick myself into eating sugar or something with fat (the lowest possible fat content I can get away with) like condensed milk... Anyway, so far it seems like I'm not doing as good of a job as you (did)... My macros are all over the place.

Peat's_Girl

Re: An almost fatt free, starch free experiment

Peatri Dish said:
I was using the French press to make milk coffee, but I just couldn't get through it. Too thick! I ended up using it to make low fat coffee ice cream. I

PLEASE REVEAL YOUR SECRETS Y_Y

OP
SQu

SQu

I was on 1800 calories a day for a couple of weeks when the gut pain began so I stopped.
The antsy anxiety thing stopped when I ate lots of calcium, eggshell included. Which was nice and I still have lots as it seems to be my friend.

The trick is minerals for the antsy feeling. In my case but I imagine for others too.

Will try copy a crono page below, wish me luck:
Sorry didn't work, will try again when I have more time.

It's all in the log but I aimed for enough protein, plenty of minerals, abundant minerals. I still try and get those.

OP
SQu

SQu

I'm copying a quote from pboy here from another thread so I don't thread- jack. I want to pursue this thinking because I'm intuitively limiting fluids and feeling better for it. I suspect too liquid a diet as a hypothyroid but obstinate person slowed progress possibly for years. Before peating I drank litres of water a day. I'd spend days exercising in the sun, drink till bursting, feel nauseous, get a headache, and yet still feel thirsty. I stopped all that water and drank ' isotonic ' mixes with salt and sugar and did better. Then with peating drank too much milk and vast milky coffees (500ml) . I'd get cold, feel awash, it wouldn't digest well. Now I focus on what feels good in the stomach and while I still love lots of cold milk I only have it in the evening when it goes down well. I have concentrated strong coffee with condensed milk earlier in the day for while Dr peat does not recommend powdered milk this currently works for me. So I'll be exploring a bit on this.
Pboy wrote :

"something like bread...if you had maybe 1-2 servigns on top of a normal peat diet you'd be able to handle without much or any serotonin, but ..its lacking minerals man, and imbalanced. However the main recommended peat diet of OJ and milk is too hypotonic, so say a couple pieces of bread would be like...good for making it overall near isotonic. Too much fluid is estrogenic...its not fluid though, its like...that's the thing peeps trip on, its only if the fluid is hypotonic. You can live on mostly fluids if they are iso or slightly hypertonic. Milk is slightly hypotonic and OJ is pushing it, but near iso...depends on how much fat you're eating and stress youre under. If you aren't eating any fat, some of the sugar will be used to synthesize fat, effectively making the drink then hypotonic cause the sugar is no longer osmol active. Also if youre under a lot of stress, more of the sugar becomes cholesterol for cortisol estrogen adrenaline sake, also making you more prone to hypotonicity. Ive worked it all out man through months, years actually, of day to day recording and experience...its a trip, but I always know exactly where I stand now...I can tell from cues, everything from voice and breath as to how tonified I am. And its pretty amazing to see how even like, 1/4 of a teaspoon of water or 0.1 tsp of sugar can make a huge difference, ntoicable and flip switch from irritated to all good, if you're bordering on the isotonic line one way or the other

Nicholas

another great argument for "perceive, think, act." ..rather than to confine one's self to mindless protocols. (protocols can still have their place if it's experimental) i believe that the issue of tonicity with foods, as pboy kind of mentions, is that it has to do with *everything*. in other words, it is all just a story of balance in the end. your variables are never the same - so your balancing efforts will never be the same. some days you will need more water or more sugar than other days - sometimes for reasons that we will never know.

OP
SQu

SQu

yes, exactly. On the whole the above works for me but sometimes the coffee / whatever will feel bad. Other times I'll expect it not to feel good but it gives a boost that lasts for hours . Comes down to things that work more often than not. I have a very short list of those: raw full cream milk, eggs, the first coffee and condensed milk of the day. But one has to keep exploring. Most recently, mindful of the difference between modern bread making and traditional, I made bread for the first time in months ( been too busy& avoiding starch) and it was very good without being ' bready' and dry. It had fermented for about 24 hours in cool weather. It was elastic in texture and digested well. next time I'll use unbleached flour to get nutrients up.

Nicholas

cool - i think bringing in root vegetables for me helped a lot with the liquid problems i was having with diet. i have the same experience with you as coffee. generally, it seems to make me feel bloated if i do more than one cup in a day but other times it seems to have no impact and is beneficial.

Peat's_Girl

Ah, our colloquial genius Pboy ;)

I'm still having a problem with thirst and taking in liquids. 100%, Sue, liquids can greatly detract from your progress but milk and OJ are such nutritional powerhouses that it's impossible not to rely on them for low-fat calories... I have no idea how some people on the forum boast on drinking 2 gallons or more of each!!!
Am I missing something?

Coke on the other hand is something I absorb quite well without much peeing, so yay ;D

By the way, I added in condensed milk to my diet as well. You're not the only one who thinks it works ;)

OP
SQu

SQu

I know! Frustrating! And I happen to love big glasses of cold milk. And I have bags of oranges waiting to be juiced. I think it's a hypothyroid thing which should improve with time. Also time of day makes a difference. At night I can drink that cold milk, no problem.

OP
SQu

SQu

I tried to raise my coffee tolerance to help my liver which is a sticking point and now I can have maybe 3 cups a day at most. But that feeling you describe really is my limiting factor, not just with coffee. Milk, oj, tea, fruit, salad. Coke. mag bicarb water. I'm trying to think what I don't get it with ever - that would be cheese, eggs, ice cream, dare I mention it condensed milk, potatoes. Meat. Pizza. Hmmm :? No surprises there!

4peatssake

I'm interested in hearing how you and PG do with the condensed milk.
I used it in my coffee for a few weeks and ended up feeling terribly unwell and got better as soon as I stopped using it. :(
I avoid it now and am backing to drinking iced coffee which I tolerate fine.

OP
SQu

SQu

Wow. Thanks for that info. I do notice a stuffy nose for a bit but so far that's all. And it clears if I focus a bit on slowing my breathing. We shall see.

tara

I love condensed milk, but so far it doesn't seem to agree with me.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals