Almost Complete Fat Free Diet?

• Thread starter Deleted member 5487
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5487

I recently decided to completely cut my fat intake with the exception of two egg yolks.

I have replaced the calories with some Oatmeal and extra honey, Drinking gallon of skin milk with gelatin, 6-8 egg whites, orange juice and tangerines. It's only been three days and my body composition is changing rapidly.

I'm very athletic and young, so it may play a part. But it's as if My body dropped a good amount of water weight, that softer part of my stomach is now almost skin tight, light shrink wrap. I feel lighter and cleaner, if that makes any sense.

Has anyone had experience with an almost zero fat diet?

Milena

Egg whites contain a lot of tryptophan - you must send in some competing amino acids to prevent the brain selectively uptaking it.

DaveFoster

I've done both zero PUFA and 0.2 grams fat per day (skim milk, white sugar, and added vitamins + minerals.)

Rather than becoming autistic about your diet, just pay attention to how different foods affect you, eat until satiated, and get your thyroid and progesterone up to optimal levels.

Search the forum for the potential pros and cons of low fat diets; a simple "low fat" search will pull up some results.

Samya

I'm also interested in a lower fat approach given how fat interferes with glucose utilization via Randle cycle; I'd like to optimize glucose availability for the brain and that physically lighter feeling that I think comes from burning predominantly glucose.

I'm going to experiment myself soon but doubt I'll stick to it long-term, I'm unsure how very low-fat would affect things like skin health and possibly mental health further down the line. I also think I'd enjoy food a lot less eating very low-fat, skim milk tastes like unflavored whey protein in water after a few days of drinking raw milk. Fat can also be very satiating/calming, I rarely feel satisfied just eating carbs and protein.

Keep us updated...

Last edited:

EIRE24

I'm also interested in a lower fat approach given how fat interferes with glucose utilization via Randle cycle; I'd like to optimize glucose availability for the brain and that physically lighter feeling that I think comes from burning predominantly glucose.

I'm going to experiment myself soon but doubt I'll stick to it long-term, I'm unsure how very low-fat would affect things like skin health and possibly mental health further down the line. I also think I'd enjoy food a lot less eating very low-fat, skim milk tastes like unflavored whey protein in water after a few days of drinking raw milk. Fat can also be very satiating/calming, I rarely feel satisfied just eating carbs and protein.

Keep us updated...
I think low fat has been the main driver in my acne, can't be certain but it seems that my face is very dry and I suspect maybe the skin cells aren't shedding properly due to this and causing blocked pores? Again, it's speculation

Samya

I think low fat has been the main driver in my acne, can't be certain but it seems that my face is very dry and I suspect maybe the skin cells aren't shedding properly due to this and causing blocked pores? Again, it's speculation

I'm not sure if dry skin is a cause of acne but I do think going low-fat could potentially cause dry skin. I had dry/white elbows for as long as I can remember which completely disappeared when eating a higher fat diet.

I think the quality of fat matters when it comes to pimples, I never had acne but I've found that heated vegetable oils seem to trigger a few pimples (maybe it's oxidized PUFAs?) but beef or lamb fat has never caused me to breakout. I've also known 2 people that regularly ate KFC and had very bad acne, I dropped a hint in conversation that KFC makes me break out like clockwork, they stopped eating it and their skin cleared up dramatically within a few weeks.

I know we can synthesize our own saturated fat from carbs, so if the dry skin is caused by low-fat it may be a matter of either eating enough fat, or enough carbs.

J

James IV

If you go very low fat, I would also reduce meal frequency. Having a constant stream of carbohydrate and fiber running through your digestive tract is a great bacteria ladder.

EIRE24

If you go very low fat, I would also reduce meal frequency. Having a constant stream of carbohydrate and fiber running through your digestive tract is a great bacteria ladder.
What would one of two massive meals of carbs have in difference to frequent feeding of carbs?

J

James IV

What would one of two massive meals of carbs have in difference to frequent feeding of carbs?

Less meals would be less burden on digestion, and lead to less poorly digested fiber/carbohydrate available to produce endotoxins. When eating constantly, you have food in all stages of digestion. This is very energy intensive. Bacteria are
opportunistic. If there is constantly food available outside of the colon they can move outside the colon. This may not be a problem for a healthy person.

EIRE24

Less meals would be less burden on digestion, and lead to less poorly digested fiber/carbohydrate available to produce endotoxins. When eating constantly, you have food in all stages of digestion. This is very energy intensive. Bacteria are
opportunistic. If there is constantly food available outside of the colon they can move outside the colon. This may not be a problem for a healthy person.
Why would this be more of a problem for an unhealthy person? So you would suggest it would be better to eat once or twice in a day for some people?

mjrm

how many grams of fat per day is considered low fat?

J

James IV

Why would this be more of a problem for an unhealthy person? So you would suggest it would be better to eat once or twice in a day for some people?

If your immune system and digestive systems are strong, and you don't have any bacterial issues, you can handle eating mixed meals more often.
Personally, I still don't think it's optimal. If you wanted to do very low fat and have a constant sugar supply, I would probably do 1 large mixed meal day, and fruit the rest of the day as needed. Stopping eating after dark.

This is just my opinion.

EIRE24

If your immune system and digestive systems are strong, and you don't have any bacterial issues, you can handle eating mixed meals more often.
Personally, I still don't think it's optimal. If you wanted to do very low fat and have a constant sugar supply, I would probably do 1 large mixed meal day, and fruit the rest of the day as needed. Stopping eating after dark.

This is just my opinion.
Mixing meals? As in Macros wise?

chrismeyers

I often go with a gallon of lactose free organic skim milk a day and nothing else. Ultra low fat, absolutely no problems, infact I feel better than ever. Skim milk has a at most 0.1-0.2 g fat per 8 oz cup.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals