Failing On Gluten Free Diet

Apple

We all know that gluten is bad. Everytime time I'm trying to replace bread/pasta with white rice/boiled potato I start loosing weight and look just terrible. With me being underweight, every kg is important. 2-3 weeks of gluten free diet and I loose about 3-4 kg, my face look emasiated and gaunt, hair starts falling out (I already have pretty bad horseshoe). Eating more food doesn't help.
Usually I eat starches with beef or chiken.
I tried supplementing with multivitamins/minerals and it's always been just waste of money.
Positive things on a gluten free diet:
My joints work much smoother , elbows stop making popping noise, my back feels much better after spending all day at the computer. Stomach feels much better, no bloating feeling and I can eat as much as I want without feeling bad or weighed down, all spots/pimples on face disappear in a matter of 2-3 days. Much better tolerance for milk , eggs, fats.
Negatives:
Loosing weight, skin turns dry, pale and look very unhealthy. Hair starts to fall out and looks thin and greasy. Constipation issue. People around asking whether I'm seriously ill because I look like a concentration camp prisoner.

It is a vicious circle. After introducing back pasta/bread I restore my previous weight and hair but stomach doesn't feel very happy. Eggs and fatty foods start giving me pimples/ spots. I always want to eat smth despite slow digestion, popping elbows/knees are also back.

Last edited:
Solved? - IBS, SIBO, GERD, LPR, Colitis, Constipation, Celiac, Brain Fog

I tend to believe this theory. Probably you can just supplement some b3 and eat your pasta. I'm not sure celiac disease or gluten intolerance even exist. Just to clarify, I have high anti-gliadin antibodies titre in my blood. There is absolutely no difference how I feel on gluten free vs wheat based diet.

Vins7

Solved? - IBS, SIBO, GERD, LPR, Colitis, Constipation, Celiac, Brain Fog

I tend to believe this theory. Probably you can just supplement some b3 and eat your pasta. I'm not sure celiac disease or gluten intolerance even exist. Just to clarify, I have high anti-gliadin antibodies titre in my blood. There is absolutely no difference how I feel on gluten free vs wheat based diet.
So, is It fue to pack of B vitamina?
Would It be fixed only supplementing with B vitamina complex and taking more liver, meat, seafish, etc?

So, is It fue to pack of B vitamina?
Would It be fixed only supplementing with B vitamina complex and taking more liver, meat, seafish, etc?
Worth nothing to try, some b3 from iherb costs you 5-10$

Nighteyes

I have noticed exactly the same things that you have Apollo! I Think that gluten free diet for me makes it hard for my body to hold on to fluids and therefore I start looking dry and thin and my skin suffers. I suspect it might be due to taking in less sodium. Bread has a lot of salt and as I dont like salting my liquids it is hard to account for This. White rice makes me feel bad really quick as do all wet starches. Potatoes are crap as well. Best thing so far is milk and salted goat cheese. The benefits of a gluten free diet for me are too great to ignore and I Will continue to try and make it work. A b complex has not helped me so far. In stead it just crashes potassium leaving me having to chug coconut water. Have you found a combination of foods that allows you to eat gluten free or still having problem? @Apollo

K

Kratos

Try corn tortillas, get rid of potatoes, wheat and rice and see if it works.

OP
Apple

Apple

Have you found a combination of foods that allows you to eat gluten free or still having problem? @Apollo
I can tolerate limited amounts of bread , so every other day I still consume bread, pizza...

Try corn tortillas
I was never able to find nixtamalized corn, flour, tortillas. I guess you have to live in Mexico for this. Sadly most people never heard of nixtamalization and the process is known and applied only in very few countries .

Last edited:

SOMO

I can tolerate limited amounts of bread , so every other day I still consume bread, pizza...

I was never able to find nixtamalized corn, flour, tortillas. I guess you have to live in Mexico for this. Sadly most people never heard of nixtamalization and the process is known and applied only in very few countries .

Most tortillas in your regular grocery store are nixtamalized.

Gluten used to cause me acne.
I cut it out for several years, did stuff to repair gut, and can now tolerate gluten.

I try to stick to white processed wheat whenever possible because the milling and extrusion process improve the digestibility.

OP
Apple

Apple

Most tortillas in your regular grocery store are nixtamalized.
I am in South America currently and there is no nixtamalized corn/flour (or corn tortillas) in regular grocery store. Very few restaurants serve tortillas, probably some small specialized bakeries make them but it is not smth you can easily find in supermarkets, not even in chinese grocery stores. I found only one offer on the internet but never was able to reach those people. There is no demand for nixtamalized corn on industrial scale apart from some mexican restaurants. I know many people love polenta in my country but for me it is was than any gluten food. Polenta is not nixtamalized. Nor flour for arepas.

I dont know man,do you say you have a Gluten-deficiency or Wheatdeficiency?
Try to simulate the macro and µicro intake you get from the evil bread by mixing different foodsources?
B-complex and not only isolated Bs is highly recc.And just because you can 'tolerate' wheat
doesnt mean it is any good for you.Zonulin and all the other stuff in evil wheat is lingering around.Member Travis even called the evil wheat a 'Food From Hell',and he is right on the money!..Maybe you look always this way!?And withdrawal from psychoactive exorphins is showing you the truth around you?

Last edited:

SOMO

I dont know man,do you say you have a Gluten-deficiency or Wheatdeficiency?
Try to simulate the macro and µicro intake you get from the evil bread by mixing different foodsources?
B-complex and not only isolated Bs is highly recc.And just because you can 'tolerate' wheat
doesnt mean it is any good for you.Zonulin and all the other stuff in evil wheat is lingering around.Member Travis even called the evil wheat a 'Food From Hell',and he is right on the money!..Maybe you look always this way!?And withdrawal from psychoactive exorphins is showing you the truth around you?

Whole wheat has more nutrients than most other plants.

Member Travis also said that sourdough/fermentation reduces the negative aspects of wheat.

Also wheat tastes delicious.
I can't fool myself into thinking white rice or potatoes taste as good as a slice of bread.

I've also tried many gluten free breads and they're just not the same.

OP
Apple

Apple

And just because you can 'tolerate' wheat
I would have ditched gluten long ago but for now I have to compromise. I can not afford to look like ***t despite feeling great. But it is true that wheat is causing me leaky gut. It seams I can't digest fats/proteins properly with gluten foods and I have low stomach acid chronically.
Eating just rice/potato and beaf/liver never works for me , it makes me lose weight. B-complex (including b12 shots) doesn't help at all , just waste of money.
It really buffles me that there is smth so vital in wheat that I can not do without. Can't belive there are cultures living on rice/beans/corn / (no wheat) and they do pretty well.
Most supercentenarians ate bread, knew nothing about gluten free diets. So gluten probably is not deadly but has its negatives.

Last edited:
M

metabolizm

As much as I love wheat, I can't eat it. Rice and potatoes will have to do, and copious amounts of ripe fruits, and ice cream, etc.. If you're worried about being skinny, you could try to build up some muscle.

I would have ditched gluten long ago but for now I have to compromise. I can not afford to look like ***t despite feeling great. But it is true that wheat is causing me leaky gut. It seams I can't digest fats/proteins properly with gluten foods and I have low stomach acid chronically.
Eating just rice/potato and beaf/liver never works for me , it makes me lose weight. B-complex (including b12 shots) doesn't help at all , just waste of money.
It really buffles me that there is smth so vital in wheat that I can not do without. Can't belive there are cultures living on rice/beans/corn / (no wheat) and they do pretty well.
Most supercentenarians ate bread, knew nothing about gluten free diets. So gluten probably is not deadly but has its negatives.

What changes precisely? Eat Potatoes,and supplement the other stuff like the oil and salt on top?
You have to compare kcal content,not just Food-volume.Potato has lower Carb-content than the same Volume of bread.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals