How would I go about bulking on a starch free diet (Any Recommendations?)

P

Peatness

I've just noticed that dates contain starch (10%) I’m wondering if this is problematic on a starch free diet?

76er

because they have a relatively similar content of all three sugars: glucose, fructose and sucrose while Medjool dates have a higher content of fructose and a practically null content of sucrose,

Medjool's sugar's breakdown is ~51 fructose and ~49 glucose. Yeah, there is only
a trace of sucrose but so what as sucrose is just a 50/50 split itself?

Comparing gram for gram, medjool's have better micros in some key areas like
potassium, magnesium, copper, and manganese.

Deglet noor have a poor calcium to phosphorus ratio (39m Ca to 62m P)
compared to medjie's (64mg Ca to 62mg P). Times that by seven and now you have
sizeable imbalance.

Deglet noor have a better fiber story but I'm not switching over just yet.

76er

I've just noticed that dates contain starch (10%) I’m wondering if this is problematic on a starch free diet?
Take a look at my medjool date isolated cronometer screenshot. Starch makes up ~2% of the carbohydrate count.

mariantos

Medjool's sugar's breakdown is ~51 fructose and ~49 glucose. Yeah, there is only
a trace of sucrose but so what as sucrose is just a 50/50 split itself?

Comparing gram for gram, medjool's have better micros in some key areas like
potassium, magnesium, copper, and manganese.

Deglet noor have a poor calcium to phosphorus ratio (39m Ca to 62m P)
compared to medjie's (64mg Ca to 62mg P). Times that by seven and now you have
sizeable imbalance.

Deglet noor have a better fiber story but I'm not switching over just yet.
You are absolutely right, for those who do not have an increased intake of calcium in the diet, this type of dates can cause an unnecessary imbalance.

My mistake, I should have specified the details about micronutrients, but I was self-centered and focused only on what is a benefit for me, namely the sugar content and the much cheaper price. For me instead it is not a problem, with 80 g parmesan, 1 liter 800 ml milk and 480 g kefir daily I manage to keep my calcium quite high and of course above phosphorus, but yeah, for others can be a problem if they consume a larger amount.

P

Peatness

I was wrong about the dates being 10% starch. My usually perfect eyesight failed to spot the dot after the 1. So it is actually 1% starch

清貴杉山

Canned and dried fruit
heavy cream with sugar on your coffees
lots of red meat
lots of gelatin
lots of fresh fruit
LOTS of dairy
lots of honey
its pretty easy to bulk on peat,pretty anabolic diet

I am not sure its actually possible to bulk without starch. Whenever i go strict peaty and consume the same amount of calories minus the starch i tend to lose weight really quickly or plateau at some weight even with resistance training. I never eat starch as is though and i tend to soak rice and other grains for almost 24hours by making large batches, pulling from that batch then re-soaking the rest of it so the phytic acid content is practically naught. Never had any problems with oats or rice when i do this(when i don't i get the same lethargy you speak of). There are also options like Buckwheat and Sorghum (not to mention that sorghum is apparently capable of increasing DHT levels non-transiently)which aren't technically grains and should be tolerated well by people sensitive to them..i've also gone to the trouble of sprouting grains and it did absolutely nothing for digestion for me, so i have stuck to soaking them. Not to mention that soaking grains for a while makes them taste infinitely better

You could also try eating more cholesterol and saturated fat if your gene type metabolises fat well, but if you need to go zero or very low starch and low fat, i don't think you'll have much luck with bulking with just fructose and fluids.

ddjd

Yes, dates are formidable. I prefer Deglet Noor Dates especially from Tunisia because they have a relatively similar content of all three sugars: glucose, fructose and sucrose while Medjool dates have a higher content of fructose and a practically null content of sucrose, also because they are cheaper. I eat now 500 g daily also with a lot of milk and my muscles grow amazingly.
Out of interest where did you find the information about the ratios of different sugars in the different dates. I'm trying to find information to confirm this and can't find anything

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals