I Need Help To Grow Back My Receding Hairline. [20yo MALE]

mrchibbs

Let's say one manages to fix all his health issues, minimize stressors and all that.
Have you ever seen anyone who had regrown his hairline without super strong hormonal regimens? Highly doubt that.

Yes I have, many many times. Whether it's in the literature, or in case examples I've seen on the web, I've probably come around dozens of stories with full regrowth of hair without any minoxidil or finasteride. And no I won't spoon feed you success stories.
I've researched this for a long time, and I have a feeling no matter what I show you're not going to be receptive to it.

mrchibbs

I agree & in particular I think relationship with mother growing up has a lot to do with quality of hair.

It's possibly the most important thing in a man's life. It shapes how you relate to women, it defines your sense of self. I was born quite prematurely, and then my mother never breast fed me, because she was told not to. I got the PUFA-laden Johnson&Johnson formula. (I feel like the early 90s was still the middle ages in terms of ignorance sometimes)

From what I've read, mother milk and the skin contact can complete inadequate development. Apparently I was literally asleep for the first 3 months of my life. And spent weeks in hospital with breathing difficulties, which have since returned with a vengeance in my 20s. Although I became a very happy child despite my health problems and a disaster family environment later on, I also grew more and more emotionally distant from my mom, and have had trouble with intimacy all my life.

As my metabolic function crashed in my early 20s, I've come to realize in some ways I then reverted to autistic tendencies, which I realized from reading a few of Ray's newsletters in the past few years. These tendencies go away when thyroid is functioning well. Basically I think he views autism as an adaptive response to inadequate development in the womb/harsh environment.

Zigzag

Yes I have, many many times. Whether it's in the literature, or in case examples I've seen on the web, I've probably come around dozens of stories with full regrowth of hair without any minoxidil or finasteride. And no I won't spoon feed you success stories.
I've researched this for a long time, and I have a feeling no matter what I show you're not going to be receptive to it.

How convenient again, no pics of success stories. Meanwhile there are thousands of men in other forums who have been struggling to find out the "cure" for decades. And no, not all of them are the "DhT bAd, KiLl It" cultists.

mrchibbs

How convenient again, no pics of success stories. Meanwhile there are thousands of men in other forums who have been struggling to find out the "cure" for decades. And no, not all of them are the "DhT bAd, KiLl It" cultists.

Two words in your case: "Learned helplessness"

Good luck on your journey!

redsun

I guess a good question for people with hair loss is why are there some men with very thick beards (need DHT for that) and also good quality head hair. There's not many I have seen though, thick beards and hair loss or thinning hair seem more common.

Again concerning the DHT, my dad doesn't grow much facial hair at all. Very thin, barely there. Also has very thick, black hair, no recession. Same with my brother and I, lack of facial hair but good head hair. Based on my experience, I definitely ascribe to DHT playing a major role in hair loss and MPB.

Zigzag

I guess a good question for people with hair loss is why are there some men with very thick beards (need DHT for that) and also good quality head hair. There's not many I have seen though, thick beards and hair loss or thinning hair seem more common.

Again concerning the DHT, my dad doesn't grow much facial hair at all. Very thin, barely there. Also has very thick, black hair, no recession. Same with my brother and I, lack of facial hair but good head hair. Based on my experience, I definitely ascribe to DHT playing a major role in hair loss and MPB.

The simplest explanation that has been around for years is that there's a genetic defect that causes hair follicles to be super sensitive to DHT. I'm not so super androgenic looking, weak beard density and nw2 hairline. I receded quite heavily during, oh irony, the best time of my life, around 20 y old (but I did notice a lot of new hair growing on my face, so I guess DHT). No diet changes were made and I had little on my mind to worry about. I also always have had super good relationship with all my family. So much for stress.

Then there is my friend with superb hair genetics in his family. That guy is an example of walking trashcan though. Alcoholic, eats garbage, same as his father, but I won't say anything more about their family. He failed college twice and currently is unemployed. Somehow he has full beard and nw0 hairline with insane density (same as his father and grandpa). Go figure.

GenericName86

In my own experience I've seen people with sparse beards or neck beards that can barely fill it in that have mpb but also the full beards. body hair is a weird one to me though, I see some men with the thickest beard you've ever seen with no hair loss but barely any body hair like on their arms/hands which I've always been told body hair is related to dht so why crazy facial hair but fine body hair? I guess it's genetic in how hairy someone will be

redsun

The simplest explanation that has been around for years is that there's a genetic defect that causes hair follicles to be super sensitive to DHT. I'm not so super androgenic looking, weak beard density and nw2 hairline. I receded quite heavily during, oh irony, the best time of my life, around 20 y old (but I did notice a lot of new hair growing on my face, so I guess DHT). No diet changes were made and I had little on my mind to worry about. I also always have had super good relationship with all my family. So much for stress.

Then there is my friend with superb hair genetics in his family. That guy is an example of walking trashcan though. Alcoholic, eats garbage, same as his father, but I won't say anything more about their family. He failed college twice and currently is unemployed. Somehow he has full beard and nw0 hairline with insane density (same as his father and grandpa). Go figure.

Wow real headscratcher your friend. But your case is even moreso. Genetics maybe, but there is likely some way to change the sensitivity of your body to DHT, otherwise there would no such thing as hirsutism caused by certain drugs like phenytoin and I think some antipsychotics and a few other things I dont recall off the top of my head.

In my own experience I've seen people with sparse beards or neck beards that can barely fill it in that have mpb but also the full beards. body hair is a weird one to me though, I see some men with the thickest beard you've ever seen with no hair loss but barely any body hair like on their arms/hands which I've always been told body hair is related to dht so why crazy facial hair but fine body hair? I guess it's genetic in how hairy someone will be

Yes but some people get body hair after a certain age or as a result of certain drugs that either affect hormones or brain drugs like antipsychotics which doesnt make sense if it was just genetics. I think there are ways the sensitivity to hormones like DHT can be affected.

Ableton

lol, sorry but I'm sick of always seeing this same rhetoric. "Homeless people aren't bald"
This has been addressed many times

Diet is but a tiny fraction of what makes a person healthy. People do inherit physiological states from their parents and grandparents. Stress is passed on through generations. If your metabolic reserves are high, and your mom at a healthy pregnancy, maybe for example went beyond the 9months, and you were breastfed, with little psychological stress as a child and teenager, you can grow to become a very resilient young adult who parties all the time, never sleeps, drinks like crazy and keeps perfect hair. It's incredibly hard to compensate for inadequate development. Really healthy humans are incredibly resilient to stressors. They can be exposed to stress which would kill someone else, and it bounces off of them.

You can't compare people because honestly we're all totally different cases. But the younger we are the more we can enact changes which reverse the pathological conditions created by a stressful environment. A young guy (<25 year old) losing hair can remedy it by taking concrete steps to get lots of sunshine, sleeping well, suppressing parathyroid with lots of milk, calcium magnesium, having a good support system of friends, healthy sex, and pursuing what is interesting to them. It sounds so simple, but 95% of the people who start losing their hair never make those changes, precisely because they see friends of theirs who live "terrible lives" and yet have incredible hair. Those people have been more lucky than you were in their development, but I bet their children will be bald, because that's how it goes, we pass on the stress adaptations to our children.

you make the mistake of seeing hair and health as one and the same thing. while there is some amount of correlation obviously, i do not think its that big, although the majority of people here would disagree with me on that. Anecdotal: I see tons of highly estrogenic looking men keeping it, and tons of androgenic looking men losing it. If we are judging books by its cover it would appear to me that this is a better indicator of health. I can think of tons of skinny/atheltic type of bald old men who seem extremely healthy for their age. Estrogenic, full hair of head and old? They dont seem to do that well.

Ableton

same boat. and same conclusion than you. but I have mild hopes that one can stabilize hair loss in optimal environment. we are fighting for the 30-10% of hair loss that are in our control basically

mrchibbs

you make the mistake of seeing hair and health as one and the same thing. while there is some amount of correlation obviously, i do not think its that big, although the majority of people here would disagree with me on that. Anecdotal: I see tons of highly estrogenic looking men keeping it, and tons of androgenic looking men losing it. If we are judging books by its cover it would appear to me that this is a better indicator of health. I can think of tons of skinny/atheltic type of bald old men who seem extremely healthy for their age. Estrogenic, full hair of head and old? They dont seem to do that well.

No I'm not saying they're the same thing. It's just that hair is part of the 3 most metabolically intensive functions of the organism; fertility/libido, higher intelligence, i.e. the top 3 things to go.

Someone may lose their hair from years of elevated PTH, prolactin, leading to fibrosis and calcification, leading to continued hair loss which gets progressively worse. At that point someone can recover ''good health'' but it typically won't make a difference enough to reverse existing pathologies on the scalp. And to your point about skinny vs. fat. I know tons of bald 50+ year old who ''look fit'' and do cross fit and stuff and also middle age guys who are "fat' based on our societal standards and yet have a great head of hair.

In fact, I think people who aren't too worried about ''being fit'' and haven't yo-yoed in weight all their lives are probably much healthier in physiological terms. A friend of my uncle was the most fit 60+ year old apparently, not an ounce of fat, low pulse etc. he died suddenly while skiing from heart failure. In fact I'll even go farther and say that it's extremely rare that someone with great hair has CDV problems.

Bottomline, Danny Roddy has written about this for years, the evidence is clear, baldness is associated with every type of cardiovascular disease you can think of. There are plenty of studies he referenced. It should be taken seriously as a sign of very real health problems, and searching for a cosmetic cure will probably prove fruitless and disheartening, as is typical of hopeless balding guys.

brix

Hi guys, I'm going to try and keep it short.

I've been balding since I'm 16yo. Receding hairline. Tried minoxidil for a year when I was 17 but I ended up allergic. After some research I dived deep into the hairloss rabbit hole and found along the way Rob's Perfect Hair Health method which I've been using with some succes for 2 years (stabilisation of the hairloss, no shedding, some minor regrowth mostly vellus.) it's mostly massages to decalcify the scalp and reduce tension.
Cleaned up my diet a lot, no heated PUFAS, no grains (except rice), no dairy, sweet potatoes, potatoes, quinoa, vegetables, raw carrots, loads of fruits, almonds, oats. I'm going to the gym 3x week.

I'm a NW2.5 with good density but my hairline is just ****88 up for my young and nothing seems to grow it back, I'm a tall guy, around 1m85cm but quite lean and pale (68kg, very low bodyfat).
I've been using ZIX wich is a mix of zinc sulfate and B6 P5P topically to reduce DHT and nizoral shampoo, some vellus regrowth but nothing crazy.
I also discovered Paul Taylor's skull expansion theory and started doing the compressions exercises for about a month now, it greatly loosens my scalp.
I'm doing breath holding exercises in the morning to raise C02.

I don't know if this is the best place to ask for help, but i'm willing to try anything that could help me regrow some hairs alongside my hairline. I was about to pull the trigger on Propecia (finasteride), and I think I will but I don't want to sacrifice my masculinity.

What should I do, I'm really growing tired of this.

Ask me anything I really want to be helped ! :)

Are you skinny fat or heading towards that body type?

My hair loss started at around 20 years old and simultaneously started to gain fat. I was always the tall/skinny build until my early 20s. At 19, I was 6'2 165lbs and by the time I was 22 and hair loss started I shot up to 190+ without much change in diet.

mrchibbs

Are you skinny fat or heading towards that body type?

My hair loss started at around 20 years old and simultaneously started to gain fat. I was always the tall/skinny build until my early 20s. At 19, I was 6'2 165lbs and by the time I was 22 and hair loss started I shot up to 190+ without much change in diet.

Opposite for me. As I was thinning out from moving out from home and not eating much except alcohol and fast-food, I lost everything real fast at 21-22.

Back then I felt alone in my situation, knew almost no one who was losing their hair so early on. Since then I've read many accounts online and it seems to be a real thing. Guys move away on their own, they stop playing sports, the stresses of adult life get to them, they start getting less sun, and the diet becomes heavily focused on cheap foods, restaurant and alcohol.

When you think about it, it's a disaster scenario, the heightened stress of figuring out life, low vitamin D, no calcium from milk to suppress parathyroid, low calories, etc. no wonder hair loss happens suddenly. In my case I actually went and spent more time in the sun the summer after my first major shed and a lot of hair regrew back, I thought I was through it, and then it shed back again towards winter.

brix

Opposite for me. As I was thinning out from moving out from home and not eating much except alcohol and fast-food, I lost everything real fast at 21-22.

Back then I felt alone in my situation, knew almost no one who was losing their hair so early on. Since then I've read many accounts online and it seems to be a real thing. Guys move away on their own, they stop playing sports, the stresses of adult life get to them, they start getting less sun, and the diet becomes heavily focused on cheap foods, restaurant and alcohol.

When you think about it, it's a disaster scenario, the heightened stress of figuring out life, low vitamin D, no calcium from milk to suppress parathyroid, low calories, etc. no wonder hair loss happens suddenly. In my case I actually went and spent more time in the sun the summer after my first major shed and a lot of hair regrew back, I thought I was through it, and then it shed back again towards winter.

that sounds a lot like me. Right when I moved out on my own to a new city. I didn’t feel stressed but the timing lined up with a major life change.

Attakai

No I'm not saying they're the same thing. It's just that hair is part of the 3 most metabolically intensive functions of the organism; fertility/libido, higher intelligence, i.e. the top 3 things to go.
Body and facial hair?

In fact I'll even go farther and say that it's extremely rare that someone with great hair has CDV problems.
Women and certain demographics disprove this.

mrchibbs

that sounds a lot like me. Right when I moved out on my own to a new city. I didn’t feel stressed but the timing lined up with a major life change.

I'm beginning to realize that a lot of guys go through the same BS. I think because we're pumped full of ideals of how we should be practically invincible in our 20s, and I don't think we realize how stressful live is when we're that age. We don't feel 'mentally stressed' but typically we're getting a lot less protein than needed to withstand a hectic lifestyle, and many guys go out all night, and work/study too me. The 20s should be a time of growth and further development, and instead it has become a time of illness for many. In recent decades the health of the young people has decreased so much, a decade ago, people were shocked at how much more young men were going bald in their early 20s, a decade onwards, teenage guys are going bald.

The culture is terrible, the EMF have increased exponentially, we don't know ***t about what nurtures the metabolism, and people born in the 80s and 90s often were not breastfed and had terrible formula as babies. Plus the young are having much less sex, and have been exposed to pornography for years, which when combined with their metabolic deficiencies, compounds the problems. We're much much more susceptible to hair loss and serious health problems than we were before.

Personally, I did everything wrong, although it didn't feel especially stressful at the time. Quit sports (which I loved), drank no milk, ate very little, had a job with a nightshift, hated my school program, moved into an apartment with friends, slept very little, and all the while I took care of my grandpa who was like a father to me and he was dying. Plus I never got any sun. Whew, looking back no wonder I lost my hair and fell sick, the effects of which I still feel today, years later.

mrchibbs

Body and facial hair?
Women and certain demographics disprove this.

No, head hair. It's seen in both sexes, women don't disprove this at all. How many women of reproductive age do you see with cardiovascular disease? Women with PCOS and men with MPB both experience the same symptoms (it's the same pathology), to varying degrees depending on cases: alopecia, acne and hirsutism. (which is why a lot of balding men grow lots of body hair as they lose their scalp hair)

Both conditions are high prolactin, with hyperandrogenic (elevated DHEA), which causes the initial shed of hair on the head. The problem is, if the hair loss is compounded with an elevated parathyroid from low calcium/vitamin D, the shed is more intense, and if the problem is not remedied, more and more hair is lost with each successive hair cycles, and it starts to lose function. The DHEA is elevated in response to the stress hormones, so it's not a good sign. What happens in the scalp is seen in women with serious PCOS too, they're even calling it MPB, as it is exactly the same shape as in men. (There are women on this forum who've shared their experiences with such hair loss, some of them even got hair transplants!)

What happens on the scalp is the initial stress which causes the hair loss stays there long enough for damage to occur, not to the follicles but to the scalp tissue. Serotonin becomes involved, and contributes a general tightening of muscles around the scalp, along with inflammation which gives way to fibrosis and then calficifcation. This calcification stretches the galea and creates a permanent state of tension which pulls at the DHT is present because it is a protective hormone, but it is there for repair, however it also activates an estrogen receptor, and estrogen has been known to shut down hair cycles.

Basically it's a huge mess, which can be fully stopped and reverse with just a change of lifestyle if it's within 1 year or so of the initial hair loss. The more you wait, the more structural changes have taken place which in most cases prevent further growth, although there have been instances in the literature of spontaneous regrowth from progesterone derivatives.

Attakai

There are plenty of women and men of certain demographics, for example Samoans, with great hair and heart disease.

mrchibbs

There are plenty of women and men of certain demographics, for example Samoans, with great hair and heart disease.

It's not really my opinion, it's in the literature, baldness is clearly associated with CDV problems. Danny Roddy has referenced many studies in his videos and articles.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals