DIY Red Light Therapy Device

DenerWerb

Hey, Everyone.
I've been fighting hairloss for like 3 years now through peating. Still noticing that my hairline is receeding in the "M" pattern, and there's also some general thinning on top.
Anyway, that's not exactly what I want to talk about.

I want to get my best chances in this battle, and LLLT seems like a powerfull weapon.
My days are REALLY busy, and I'm almost sure I'm not getting the best of brazilian powerfull sunlight (I've been trying to fix that too).
Yes, I do know about Over Macho Grande's helmets, and although they seem to have great benefits... God, $1500 dollars is a HUGE HUGE HUGE amount of money in Brazil.

So, has anyone tried to build their own LLLT device?
If I'm not mistaken, OMG uses 660nm/5mW diodes in his helmets. And their are pointed REALLY straight to your bald skull. And REALLY close.
I've been researching and I could find power LEDs (10W) in the 660nm wavelength for like R$20,00 (something around US$4,00), like the image bellow:
upload_2019-10-20_16-39-10.png
On Youtube this guys shows how he built a "Grow Lamp" with that same kind of LED, with a heat sink and a battery (could be a different power source though):

Been thinking in put a few of these and try to focus their light on the top of my scalp. Not really a helmet, but something I could point to the top of my head in some form.
John from OMG also states that the amount of energy in a treatment session should be around 3-6 Joules/cm² (he provides a study backing this up). So, using a different construction to the device, I'm also not sure about distance/time of exposure. Does anyone have an insight?

Sunrise

Hey, Everyone.
I've been fighting hairloss for like 3 years now through peating. Still noticing that my hairline is receeding in the "M" pattern, and there's also some general thinning on top.
Anyway, that's not exactly what I want to talk about.

I want to get my best chances in this battle, and LLLT seems like a powerfull weapon.
My days are REALLY busy, and I'm almost sure I'm not getting the best of brazilian powerfull sunlight (I've been trying to fix that too).
Yes, I do know about Over Macho Grande's helmets, and although they seem to have great benefits... God, $1500 dollars is a HUGE HUGE HUGE amount of money in Brazil.

So, has anyone tried to build their own LLLT device?
If I'm not mistaken, OMG uses 660nm/5mW diodes in his helmets. And their are pointed REALLY straight to your bald skull. And REALLY close.
I've been researching and I could find power LEDs (10W) in the 660nm wavelength for like R$20,00 (something around US$4,00), like the image bellow:
View attachment 15317
On Youtube this guys shows how he built a "Grow Lamp" with that same kind of LED, with a heat sink and a battery (could be a different power source though):

Been thinking in put a few of these and try to focus their light on the top of my scalp. Not really a helmet, but something I could point to the top of my head in some form.
John from OMG also states that the amount of energy in a treatment session should be around 3-6 Joules/cm² (he provides a study backing this up). So, using a different construction to the device, I'm also not sure about distance/time of exposure. Does anyone have an insight?
how did it went for you?

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
R How To Make A DIY Red Light Device Red Light, Infrared, LLLT 2
MunenMuso Ketoconazole Shampoo (DIY Recipe) Hair & Nails 20
P Is Perfumer's Alcohol (Ethanol denatured with t-Butanol) safe for DIY Transdermal ? Ask For Help or Advice 4
aven4 Making your own DIY NDT supplement? Natural Dessicated Thyroid 7
P DIY Sustained Release T3? Thyroid and Hormones 2
A Any Diy Face Wash Or Recommendations? Skin 3
GuiCHE DIY Topical Progesterone? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 6
D DIY Mitolipin Anyone? Ask For Help or Advice 9
C Questions On DIY Topical B Vitamins Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 51
Infarouge Time To Start/learn DIY IVs? Experiments 10
S How Low Did You Go For DIY Device Vinyl Tube? CO2, Bag Breathing 0
B This Is My Voice On T: Synthetic Testosterone, DIY Surveillance, And Transnormative Masculinity Ask For Help or Advice 3
milkboi Methylene Blue DIY Skin Cream? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 41
Captain_Coconut DIY Iodized Oil Recipes 34
M Anyone Made Diy D3/k2 Transdermals Supplements 8
M DIY Trandermal Or Oral Vits (due To Issues) Vitamins 1
M Solban + Cardenosine (DIY Formula) Hair & Nails 2
R Going To Make The DIY Carbonator Altitude, Bag Breathing, CO2, Light, Weather 7
Dan Wich Affordable DIY Intranasal Option Red Light, Infrared, LLLT 0
ddjd B2 Riboflavin R5P Drops Diy, Which Carrier Oil? Ask For Help or Advice 6
L DIY Rhubrab-Extract As Emodin Source Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 0
DrJ Capnometer - DIY Solution? Monitoring Vitals 14
L Should I try Korean black/ red ginseng Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 6
OccamzRazer What causes this type of red line on the outside of eyes? Skin 2
M Vodka vs red wine Diet 2
Palerider Please critique this red light device Red Light, Infrared, LLLT 1
S Why does my tounge go pink, face becomes less oily and less red seb dermitius when i stop carbs? Skin 22
G Looking for study on gamma ray, frogs, red light Radiation 2
Old Irenaeus Do I need to limit time under red light? Red Light, Infrared, LLLT 1
C Organic red wine is superior to resveratrol supplement? Supplements 18
OccamzRazer Handheld red light has changed my life! Testimonials 42
charlie Charles Barkley Dropping Red Pills The Ray Peat Forum Lounge 4
J Are red light devices safe for eyes? Red Light, Infrared, LLLT 1
J Am I good to eat red meat with H63D gene as long as i donate blood, eat iron rich foods with calcium Minerals 4
R 660nm red light full body panels - NO IR Red Light, Infrared, LLLT 10
AlexR Red Light Nearly DOUBLES Muscle Growth From Training Red Light, Infrared, LLLT 35
Q Taking thyroid vs red light on thyroid? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 5
F Your Red Light Therapy experience? Red Light, Infrared, LLLT 12
S Flaky, red skin, itchyness and poo pebble bowl movements Skin 66
J Incredible Craving for Fatty Red Meat Diet 16
bzmazu Solutions: The Thick Red Line Rant or Rave 0
S Red marks on face sometimesa little bit flaky if I rubbed them Skin 10
G Any ideas on how to boost chronic low red blood count? Ask For Help or Advice 8
T Red Light Mini - Red Light Man - What Is Best Dosage To Treat Hair Loss/thinning? Red Light, Infrared, LLLT 1
Such_Umami What Are Good Red Light Therapy Devices? Ask For Help or Advice 4
Lokzo Eat Red Meat Without TMAO Increase? Metabolism 3
Epik Coca Cola Energy Vs Red Bull Soda (Mexican Coke, Pepsi, etc.) 9
I Red Light On The Balls What Dosage And Time Is Safe? Red Light, Infrared, LLLT 3
haidut Red Light Therapy For Parkinson Disease (PD) Begins Human Trials Scientific Studies 0
D Red Dots On Chest ? Ask For Help or Advice 11