LGS1 - Orange & Red Light Therapy Handheld Device - 610nm - 630nm - 670nm

We are so super excited to bring to you a device that is making a difference in many lives, the Life Giving Store Orange & Red Light Therapy Handheld Device, also known as the LGS1.

As many of you all know, orange and red light has been quite the talk of the forum lately due to the awesome metabolic effects that this light produces. We aim to make this light device as affordable to everyone as we can so that more people can get into the benefits of this awesome metabolic stimulator. Winter is closing in fast on the Northern Hemisphere and now is the best time to supplement red light to keep that metabolism up and beat the winter blues. And what a great Christmas present this would be to a friend or family member, the gift of life, the gift of light.

Here are the wavelengths of our Orange and Red Light Therapy Handheld Device (LGS1):

610nm – Orange Red - 3 LED's
630nm – Red - 3 LED's
670nm – Deep Red - 6 LED's

= Totaling 12 LED's

Ray Peat has said many things regarding red light, we will add those quotes below.

We hope you are as excited as us about offering the LGS1 to the community! From our family to yours, we know you will love this product and it will help you by "Delivering Energy to your Life!".

Sincerely,
The Life Giving Store Family

Quote from Ray Peat about red light:

"Penetrating red light is possibly the fundamental anti-stress factor for all organisms. The chronic deficiency of such light is, I think, the best explanation for the deterioration which occurs with aging. Enzyme changes, free radical changes, structural and respiratory changes are all involved as consequences of darkness stress."

"It turns out that the meaning of "excess estrogen" has to be interpreted in relation to the balance of estrogen (and the multitude of factors which mimic estrogen's effects) with all of the antiestrogen factors. I have concentrated on thyroid, progesterone, and red light as the most important factors that protect against estrogen, and these all turn out to be protective against stress, shock, ionizing radiation, free radicals, lipid peroxidation, thymic atrophy, osteoporosis, arthritis, scleroderma, apoptotic cell death, and other problems that are involved in tissue degeneration or aging.."

Ray Peat

"Subnormal temperatures cause a shift from phagocytosis to inflammation. Light, especially the red light which penetrates easily into tissues, activates the formation of new cells as well as their differentiation. It affects energy production, increasing the formation of mitochondria, and the activity of the DNA methyltransferase enzymes. Red light accelerates wound healing, and improves the quality of the scar, reducing the amount of fibrosis."

Stem cells, cell culture, and culture: Issues in regeneration

"(Chemically, the meaning of “a pigment” is that it’s a chemical which selectively absorbs radiation. Old observations such as Warburg’s, that visible light can restore the activity of the “respiratory pigments,” showed without doubt that visible light is biochemically active. By the 1960s, several studies had been published showing the inhibition of respiratory enzymes by blue light, and their activation by red light. The problem to be explained is why the science culture simply couldn’t accept crucial facts of that sort.)"

"Cytochrome oxidase is one of the enzymes damaged by stress and by blue light, and activated or restored by red light, thyroid, and progesterone. It's a copper enzyme, so it's likely to be damaged by excess iron. It is most active when it is associated with a mitochondrial lipid, cardiolipin, that contains saturated palmitic acid; the substitution of polyunsaturated fats lowers its activity. Mitochonrial function in general is poisoned by the unsaturated fats, especially arachidonic acid and DHA."

"The pituitary hormones, especially prolactin and TSH, are pro-inflammatory, and darkness increases TSH along with prolactin, so to compensate for a light deficiency, the pituitary should be well-suppressed by adequate thyroid. Armour thyroid or Thyrolar or Cynoplus, Cytomel, would probably be helpful. (Eye-drops containing T3 might be a way to restore metabolic activity more quickly.) Limiting water intake (or using salt generously) helps to inhibit prolactin secretion. The saturated fats protect against the body's stored PUFA, and keeping the blood sugar up keeps the stored fats from being mobilized. Aspirin (or indomethacin) is generally protective to the retina, analogously to its protection against sunburn. Adequate vitamin E is extremely important. There are several prescription drugs that protect against serotonin excess, but thyroid and gelatin (or glycine, as in magnesium glycinate) are protective against the serotonin and melatonin toxicities. Copper and magnesium deficiencies predispose to retinal damage. Red light is protective, blue light (or u.v.) is harmful, so wearing orange lenses would be helpful. Progesterone and pregnenolone, by reducing the stress reactions, should be helpful--in the eye diseases of infancy and old age, as they are in the respiratory distress syndromes."

Aging Eyes, Infant Eyes, and Excitable Tissues

"When the body temperature is very much below normal, mental functioning is seriously limited. I think the first question that should be asked about a demented person is "is this the cold brain syndrome, or is something else involved?" When it is known that the brain has shrunken drastically, and filled up with plaques and developed gliosis, we know that something more than a "cold brain" is involved, but we don't know how much function could be regained if the hormones were normalized. Every moment of malfunction probably leaves its structural mark. Early or late, it is good to prevent the functional errors that lead to further damage, and to give the regenerative systems an opportunity to work. Before the final "calcium death" described (above) by Fujita, there are many opportunities for intervening to stop or reverse the process. The older the person is, the more emphasis should be put on protective inhibition, rather than immediately increasing energy production. Magnesium, carbon dioxide, sleep, red light, and naloxone might be appropriate at the beginning of therapy."

The problem of Alzheimer's disease as a clue to immortality Part 2

"Often, a small physiological dose of natural hydrocortisone can help the patient meet the stress, without causing harmful side-effects. While treating the symptoms with cortisone for a short time, it is important to try to learn the basic cause of the problem, by checking for hypothyroidism, vitamin A deficiency, protein deficiency, a lack of sunlight, etc. (I suspect that light on the skin directly increases the skin's production of steroids, without depending on other organs. Different steroids probably involve different frequencies of light, but orange and red light seem to be important frequencies.) Using cortisone in this way, physiologically rather than pharmacologically, it is not likely to cause the serious problems mentioned above."

Blocking Tissue Destruction

"Even ultraviolet light can produce electronic excitation and bystander effects that destabilize cells, but, unlike gamma rays and x-rays, ultraviolet light doesn't penetrate deeply into the body. In visible light, it is only the red component that can pass deeply into the tissue, and it happens that red light is able to "quench" many excited electrons, restoring them to their normal resting or ground state. In a solid material,such as a seed or hair or bone, excited electrons will persist for a long time (hours in the seed and hair, years in bone), but with a brief exposure to red light, they will return to their normal state. This beneficial effect of the red component of sunlight helps to keep plants from being sunburned. If the red light is removed from sunlight, even the blue light by itself is quickly toxic to their mitochondria. Duringthe night animals' respiratory enzymes lose some of their effectiveness, possibly from the effects of random lipid peroxidation, and red light restores their activity."

Radiation and Growth January 2011 Newsletter

Buy the LED Orange and Red Light Therapy Handheld Device(LGS1) Here!

Last edited by a moderator:

Makrosky

Looks exactly the same as the RLM redlight mini. This one is cheaper though.

Ingenol

Cool! Is there any discount for forum members? The shipping is pretty steep.

OP
LifeGivingStore
Cool! Is there any discount for forum members? The shipping is pretty steep.
We think it's cool too! :)

Right now there is no discount for forum members. We priced the light so that it is affordable as possible for everyone.

As for the shipping, right now for the United States we are using the USPS priority mail flat rate boxes. This is the best option for USPS at this time but we are in talks with a major carrier so maybe in the near future we can get a bit lower cost on the shipping.

About worldwide shipping. We are in process of setting up with a well known world wide shipping company. We hope by next week we will be fully set up and ready to ship world wide, and at a very affordable price. Thank you for your patience as we get this set in place. Soon as we are ready to ship world wide this thread will be updated.

L

lollipop

WoW...this is way cheaper. I was waiting to purchase one. This makes it doable. Stoked. Will update on my purchasing experience in the next few weeks :):

marsaday

I have also been online and looking to buy 2 lights, but you are wanting the full shipping fee. So £49.50 to ship 2 lights ??? Is this correct ?

OP
LifeGivingStore
I have also been online and looking to buy 2 lights, but you are wanting the full shipping fee. So £49.50 to ship 2 lights ??? Is this correct ?
Let me check on that and I will get back to you soon. I thought I had international shipping turned off for the LGS1. But maybe we can offer USPS priority shipping for international orders until we partner up with another major shipping company with better pricing.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Last edited:
Same exact light.

I prefer the term "more affordable". :D

Are you sure its the same as the redlightman mini? I wanted to buy that one but the price made me second guess. This seems more reasonable.

@LifeGivingStore I dont meant to be rude but I gotta ask....whats the catch?
How are you able to sell it for so much cheaper?

L

lollipop

Are you sure its the same as the redlightman mini? I wanted to buy that one but the price made me second guess. This seems more reasonable.

@LifeGivingStore I dont meant to be rude but I gotta ask....whats the catch?
How are you able to sell it for so much cheaper?
I am not sure exactly @pimpnamedraypeat, but my guess at looking at the specs of both, they are from the same supplier. Maybe @LifeGivingStore does not need to earn as much of a margin? Maybe altruism to help people of this community that do not have as much money?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Last edited:
I am not sure exactly @pimpnamedraypeat, but my guess at looking at the specs of both, they are from the same supplier. Maybe @LifeGivingStore does not need to earn as much of a margin? Maybe altruism to help people of this community that do not have as much money?

Yes.

I agree. Debra's intentions are to bring this light to market and make it affordable so more people can experience the benefits of red light therapy.

That's great! Im currently broke right now but i plan on purchasing this lamp in the next one or two weeks.

Only thing missing is the clamp that came with the redlightman lamp but I can probably buy one from home depot or something.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Only thing missing is the clamp that came with the redlightman lamp but I can probably buy one from home depot or something.
I do not think the clamp comes with the redlight mini, I could be wrong though. Maybe someone who has purchased one lately can confirm.

Mito

I do not think the clamp comes with the redlight mini, I could be wrong though. Maybe someone who has purchased one lately can confirm.
Mine did not come with a clamp (as a few months ago).

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Well on redlightman it shows on one of the pictures the lamp attached to a clamp. Oh well! This is not the same lamp unfortunately..

Redlightmans lamp emits at 760nm and 830nm while lifegivingstores' lamp emits at 610nm, 630nm, and 670nm.

According to this graph from redlightmans sight their lamps emit at a wavelength that is closer to the cytochrome absorption , thought I don't know how crucial that is to red lights beneficial effects.

infrared-mini-wavelengths-600x506.jpg

Also with redlightmans lamp you'll be getting 200W/cm² at a distance of 10cm. With lifegivingstores' lamp you'll be getting half that at 100mW/cm² @ 4″ (3.9cm)

I'm still interested in purchasing @LifeGivingStore 's lamps as I plan on having them shine on me for considerable amount of time. But I do have some questions:

Will an increase in time spent under the lamp make up for the lack of wattage as compared to redlightmans lamp?
n truth, how beneficial are your orange and red leds as compared to his longer wavelength infared LED? His lamp seem more suited to red light therapy, especially considering the graph above.

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
Well on redlightman it shows on one of the pictures the lamp attached to a clamp. Oh well! This is not the same lamp unfortunately..

Redlightmans lamp emits at 760nm and 830nm while lifegivingstores' lamp emits at 610nm, 630nm, and 670nm.

According to this graph from redlightmans sight their lamps emit at a wavelength that is closer to the cytochrome absorption , thought I don't know how crucial that is to red lights beneficial effects.

infrared-mini-wavelengths-600x506.jpg

Also with redlightmans lamp you'll be getting 200W/cm² at a distance of 10cm. With lifegivingstores' lamp you'll be getting half that at 100mW/cm² @ 4″ (3.9cm)

I'm still interested in purchasing @LifeGivingStore 's lamps as I plan on having them shine on me for considerable amount of time. But I do have some questions:

Will an increase in time spent under the lamp make up for the lack of wattage as compared to redlightmans lamp?
n truth, how beneficial are your orange and red leds as compared to his longer wavelength infared LED? His lamp seem more suited to red light therapy, especially considering the graph above.

Your comparing different lights, the one Life Giving Store is selling is this exact one as red light man, red light device mini, same specs.

In regards to why using infrared wavelengths is not recommended and why orange spectrum is so great and other cool info, have a look at this thread starting on page 9...

Red Light Therapy / LLLT Cures Hypothyroid?

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals