Handheld red light has changed my life!

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

If you're getting good results on the neck, I'd continue with that. Ray Peat doesn't seem to like too much IR on the thyroid, I believe he thinks visible red is fine. I can't remember the exact comments he made on the subject, unfortunately. Sorry I can't be more helpful.
Do you know what he considers "too much " IR? Thanks!

CreakyJoints

Do you know what he considers "too much " IR? Thanks!

I'm afraid not, but the light you posted appears not to enter the IR range, so I would say it's not so much of a worry for you.

I've asked him about something adjacent to this before, but he didn't reply (I asked something else in the same email, which might have been the reason). If I try again, I'll let you know.

CreakyJoints

Short update: yesterday it was cloudy here so I used the red light for 3x1 minute sessions AND for ~30 minutes from a few feet farther away.

It was super relaxing. The type of perfectionism I usually live under pretty much dissolved and replaced by contentment.

If anything, I felt too content - almost slightly de-motivated. Maybe long-term red light exposure should be reserved for evenings only?

Will have to keep experimenting with this!

I believe the highest concentration of red light (comparative in proportion to other frequencies) from the sun occurs when it is setting and rising, so you could perhaps come up with a regime which involved exposure after waking and a little while before bed if you wanted to mimic a more natural cycle.

I think it is best to try and ensure your circadian rhythm is not interrupted too frequently, so I would assume consistency would be wise whatever you decide.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals