Are red light devices safe for eyes?

safe for eyes

• yes

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • no

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

Josh

I bought the red light device by red light man back in 2018 and I haven’t used it at all, just starting to use it now for my face skin: Redness/eczema/big pores etc..

this is the one i got; Red light device - Red Light Man

How long would you shine it per area of face (left side/right side/straight on) and how far away to be effective?

When I use it I put on some UV protective goggles (I know there’s no UV in red light) but seems better than nothing, I also stuff the inside with some cotton material to cover and protect the eyes more, even with these in place and while closing my eyes, the bright red light still shines through.. is this a problem? Is there anything else I can use that’s more protective?

Is there any damage to the eyes red light will do?

Thanks all

hierundjetzt

I bought the red light device by red light man back in 2018 and I haven’t used it at all, just starting to use it now for my face skin: Redness/eczema/big pores etc..

this is the one i got; Red light device - Red Light Man

How long would you shine it per area of face (left side/right side/straight on) and how far away to be effective?

When I use it I put on some UV protective goggles (I know there’s no UV in red light) but seems better than nothing, I also stuff the inside with some cotton material to cover and protect the eyes more, even with these in place and while closing my eyes, the bright red light still shines through.. is this a problem? Is there anything else I can use that’s more protective?

Is there any damage to the eyes red light will do?

Thanks all
I use these goggles:

Laser Safety Goggles EP2 200-380nm and 600-760nm (Red lasers)​

David PS

Red light can be used safely to reduce drussen in the eyes.

Photobiomodulation reduces drusen volume and improves visual acuity and contrast sensitivity in dry age-related macular degeneration (https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/aos.13354 )​

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals