Recommendations For Led Red Light

OP
x-ray peat

x-ray peat

Why don't you want to over do it? I've been noticing headaches shorty after and during red light therapy lately. Any idea why this is? I did get a bad concussion 8 months ago, so this is probably related to why.
I forget exactly why but over exposure is not good so you definitely have to figure out what the sweet spot is. I too get weird feelings in the front of my head if I sit under the light for too long. I wouldn't call it a headache though but more of a weird druggy feeling. I also get the same feeling when I wear red tinted eyeglasses so I am not sure whats going on. Maybe @RedLightMan knows.

Kibs

Any guys in the uk reccomend a product, preferably on amazon UK. This new to me, kinda confused about it all tbh.

If any one could advise the specs I should be looking for, looking to use for scalp (hair) and skin (just improvements)

I did see a woman on YouTube advising that these cheap ones can be used and she can't see any difference or her clients using basically this cheap one =
4W-Plant-Bulb-Lamp-Panel-/152128771902?epid=533495307&hash=item236b94d73e:g:qSwAAMXQ74JTRE-y

OP
x-ray peat

x-ray peat

Any guys in the uk reccomend a product, preferably on amazon UK. This new to me, kinda confused about it all tbh.

If any one could advise the specs I should be looking for, looking to use for scalp (hair) and skin (just improvements)

I did see a woman on YouTube advising that these cheap ones can be used and she can't see any difference or her clients using basically this cheap one =
4W-Plant-Bulb-Lamp-Panel-/152128771902?epid=533495307&hash=item236b94d73e:g:qSwAAMXQ74JTRE-y
https://www.amazon.com/ABI-Booster-Flowering-Spectrum-Enhancement/dp/B01H2Y5U4M?tag=rapefo-20

jamesv256

After a 'googlepiphany', I've been spending a fervent couple of days looking over the options as of 04/18 for a UK red light experimenter.

Buying panels for £100's is difficult for me for many reasons. After reviewing many many papers and articles, I have concluded that a 650nm LED source is very useful for a range of therapeutic experiments, and have therefore bought some SMD strip LEDS. They are in the 5050 configuration, so give 14.4W / m, which is distributed over 60 LEDS. I believe it should be possible to cross arrange and slightly overlap these so that you can achieve close to 1 LED per 0.5cm2. Based on the reports of approx 18 lumens per LED, I have worked out that this should give a density for a body panel which will be in the therapeutic range of 50-100 mw/cm2 at a reasonable distance.

I was planning on buying a solar power / irradiance meter, which you can grab on eBay for about £40, but am now holding back because of the concerns raised here about accurate measuring of a narrow band (less worried about inability to measure near IR). Can anyone confirm or deny, and/or offer alternatives. I presume an IR meter is not what I want for visible red.

These 650nm strips are currently going on eBay for about £2 per metre, meaning they seem to competitively priced per watt compared to some of the higher (e.g 10w) options on offer. I'm doubtful about buying a grow panel because of concerns about density. Also, red only ones are hard to find these days (for me).

You can also get the 5050 strips in 850nm as documented here, but for about £10 per metre, so a project involving both red and near IR in the same DIY panel is possible. I can't post links (first poster) but search Youtube for 'flexible diy led panel' and go to the first result, which is a very attractive and versatile design approach to a panel - can be shaped to the body and mountable so standard cheap photography stands.

I also bought 100 5v/3mw laser diodes from Aliexpress for £15. I initially fell for a number of sources claiming Lasers are more effective than LEDs, but having read a Russian paper linked to on this forum now no longer believe lasers are required. I might try both though for hair regrowth. Many of the articles I've read state that these cheap diodes only give a point, but I believe if you unscrew the lense the distribution will be fairly spread.

Yes I plan to shine red light on my nuts, you guessed it. Also want to try eyes, gums, thyroid and brain. And lower back. How the h*** didn't I know about red light until 2018?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a GE 300 w incandescent as a desk lamp, the 850 114 bulb led light and a 660nm red led.Amazon.com : ABI 12W Deep Red 660nm LED Bloom Booster Grow Light Bulb for Flowering and Spectrum Enhancement : Patio, Lawn & Garden

I have noticed that the 850 IR works great for back pain and shoulder pain. I have put it on my scalp and get a strange/good feeling in my head after only 60 seconds. Hope its doing something good.
Its too early for the 660 to see results but it is very powerful. I use it on skin and scalp for 60 seconds at a time.
have you, or anyone else measured the output of the red light? I want to try it for some things but it's very powerful and I don't want to overdo it.
I have the same light

papaya

I went Red Light purchasing crazy recently, so thought I would share some of my setups. I got 3 of the 12 watt ABI and a three socket floor lamp so I could get red light exposure while watching TV or whatever on the couch-
View attachment 4547

I also got one of those led grow panels and hung it over my desk at work. I work in a bizarre writer's room, so no one even asked what it was for. Instead, I got several complements for making the place look more like a brothel-
View attachment 4548
(looks a lot more red without the camera flash)

I also got the mini Rubylux, which is good for targeted work to raise testosterone, since it doesn't get warm at all (I think we know the area I'm referring too). Also got some of the infrared devices that I'm trying out on my knee, and stomach.

Thinking of getting some Brooder Lamps for a cheap Sauna setup, but can't figure that one out just yet (location wise in my apartment).
what type of red bulbs do you use in the lamp? mine only takes up to 60 watts. i was thinking of getting a red reptile bulb? is it healthy to be around red light for hours?

tankasnowgod

what type of red bulbs do you use in the lamp? mine only takes up to 60 watts. i was thinking of getting a red reptile bulb? is it healthy to be around red light for hours?

LED grow lights from Amazon. They only draw 12-13 watts, significantly under 60.

boris

I cannot find it, but didn't Peat claim to not go over a few minutes with the straight red light? And that normal incandescent is best for long exposure? Please someone clarify.

zita

Hi, can you please help me. What’s the difference between a red light bulb and LED health wise is red light good to have say at night time to relax? . I see the powerful cctv night vision ones recommenced. How long can you use of one these for and could it boost hormone and thyroid production?

biggirlkisss

led is a different technology to produce light that can be up to 5 times more efficient although I've seen chips as high as 210 per lumen for led. incandescent are typically 19 lumens per watt. Leds can range from 90 lumens per watt to 130-140 lumens per watt. The idea is to get something with as much orange to red as much that means the lower the color temperature the better. Leds that bright are going to much more money then incandescent or halogen.

zita

led is a different technology to produce light that can be up to 5 times more efficient although I've seen chips as high as 210 per lumen for led. incandescent are typically 19 lumens per watt. Leds can range from 90 lumens per watt to 130-140 lumens per watt. The idea is to get something with as much orange to red as much that means the lower the color temperature the better. Leds that bright are going to much more money then incandescent or halogen.
Thanks so much for replying. I’m still so confused. So led us just more efficient than a bulb. What would be a cost effective light say led to her that would boost thyroid and how long should I use for daily?

biggirlkisss

the main benefits are the orange to deep red which are 600-700nm red ends at 740nm but by 730nm im sure that quite dark. after that you have infrared light which so far we understand helps by heating the body. It is probably best for you to start with a incandescent bulb as they alot cheaper then led. most people try to get 250 or 300 watt incandescent bulb that is 130 volt. A regular bulb is only 120v. The 130 volt incandescent has a thicker filament causing it to have more orange to red due to running cooler and last more then twice as long. The best incandescent bulb you can get is only 150 watt but lasts 20000 hours because the filament is so thick. You can get 300 watt 130 volt incandent bulbs in most hardware stores. start with two of those. You can get chicken lamps at theft stores very cheap to use with the two bulbs.

1612999352327.png

1612999377638.png

zita

the main benefits are the orange to deep red which are 600-700nm red ends at 740nm but by 730nm im sure that quite dark. after that you have infrared light which so far we understand helps by heating the body. It is probably best for you to start with a incandescent bulb as they alot cheaper then led. most people try to get 250 or 300 watt incandescent bulb that is 130 volt. A regular bulb is only 120v. The 130 volt incandescent has a thicker filament causing it to have more orange to red due to running cooler and last more then twice as long. The best incandescent bulb you can get is only 150 watt but lasts 20000 hours because the filament is so thick. You can get 300 watt 130 volt incandent bulbs in most hardware stores. start with two of those. You can get chicken lamps at theft stores very cheap to use with the two bulbs.

View attachment 21635
View attachment 21636
Thanks so much. Ok so i ordered a stand and the recommenced incandescent bulb but then I read that the only sort of wavelengths that are beneficial are from LED. That the light is too dispersed from incandescent etc and in fact does very little... I am getting very confused. I think the bulb I got is not great as it gives off a terrible smell when heated so I need to find something more expensive? I’m still confused about why to use Infrared over LED